Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 542
    S.d..Mac said:
    maybe the little guys will have a chance now

How so?
  • RandySpeedo
    RandySpeedo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 94
    how about getting rid of all the old crap that we cant use anymore and give us coin for the ships that are built already, will free up the server and loading time for us all, at the end of the day you are going to do what you want and dont matter what we think or say, just do it players will leave and other will stay but not many will invite new players to this game anymore  as there is tooooooooooooooooooooooo much to do in a short time.  I still play as i have been playing too long to give it up .
    +1 for cruft removal before adding future cruft.
    Top cruft:
    1) arena
    2) hyperion
    3) old hulls/weapons
    4) map pve targets; seems like this may be addressed
    5) dead/banned bases
    6) 500 sectors; cut in half as there are only about 20-30k active players?
    7) sector threat system
    8) res generators
    9) the scourge
    10) walls!! (more for modesty than protection)

• A game
    A game
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 840
    Lantz said:
    CIC sounds interesting, like permanent rogue crews.  I like the return of the 4month raid cycle, but... BUT quarterly changes to the FM sounds like a really bad idea... didn't we just have a huge pirate riot with the recent FM changes? 
    Very True...take note Kixeye...think it over before putting your finger in that light socket again.
  • saiint.K
    saiint.K
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 65
    Number one priority should be fix existing long standing bugs and sort the huge lag issue out. Return the rogue crews stolen from us and 're balance' the drop rate of said crews. Until then this happens you need only one word to describe the state of the game : POOR
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,878
    NO ONE asked for "more variety" or "targets changing more often" in the FM. NO ONE. All everyone wants is to get the FM chore over with as quickly and with as little damage as possible, with the fleets we have earned and built for that exact purpose. THAT IS ALL. Did you even bother to read the hundreds of pages of outrage regarding your recent FM debacle, Aruspex? And now you intend to change it so that we need to build a new FM fleet EVERY THREE MONTHS? So that we go from having to build 8 PvE fleets per year to 10, completely negating the longer raid cycles? You gotta be kidding me!
    Well technically we have asked for some target variety as they get boring fast but the problem is Kix's definition of variety and the players are 2 totally different things.
    Example. 
     Players definition of variety using FM as an example. Having a 116 and 117 target that is EQUAL to damage and time taken and points payout as a 115; just a different layout so you are not doing the same target over and over and over.
     Kixeye definition of variety using FM as an example. having a 116 and 117 target that does ESCALATING amounts of damage for a TINY amount more points and often requiring a completely different fleet build to accomplish the task.

All your other points I agree with.
  • kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 853

@A game said:
    Lantz said:

CIC sounds interesting, like permanent rogue crews.  I like the return of the 4month raid cycle, but... BUT quarterly changes to the FM sounds like a really bad idea... didn't we just have a huge pirate riot with the recent FM changes? 

Very True...take note Kixeye...think it over before putting your finger in that light socket again.

They dont care about player opinion. Sometimes i think they purposely do stuff to antagonize the player base for no other reason because they are board. Though i too hope they reconsider not gonna hold my breath

• Bob of BOB22
    Bob of BOB22
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 176

I thought there would be more posts but after the big 159 page thread I guess there might not be many of those people left playing so this thread might not get much attention. I know the FM is still a point of contention with me and seeing what they have planned is like throwing gas on a fire.

• kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 853

@Bob of BOB22 said:
    I thought there would be more posts but after the big 159 page thread I guess there might not be many of those people left playing so this thread might not get much attention. I know the FM is still a point of contention with me and seeing what they have planned is like throwing gas on a fire.

I think its a matter of x amount of quitting already another group that have given themselves only a certain amount of time left. Another group just waiting with one foot out the door. Sadly after 159 pages about the FM and kix still keeping it so pretty sure a lot of players gave up on kix listening. Deffinatly not happy about the FM shake ups every 4 months but dont really think i'll make it to one as i belong to the group with one foot out the door.

• granddadof10
    granddadof10
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 11
    Do u have any idea just how long it takes to get the Uranium needed to upgrade my OP?  I sure do....  send a fleet out, it gets killed, send next fleet out, it gets killed and so on.  Have spent months on this so far....   Not what I would call a 'Real funner game', would you??  Now if you would give me a realistic build/repair time, now that would be SUPER!!!  The chances of you reading, let a lone doing anything about this message are VeRy slim for sure.  If nothing else,  Merry Christmas to all and may **** Bless you and yours...
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14,707
    Do u have any idea just how long it takes to get the Uranium needed to upgrade my OP?  I sure do....  send a fleet out, it gets killed, send next fleet out, it gets killed and so on.  Have spent months on this so far....   Not what I would call a 'Real funner game', would you??  Now if you would give me a realistic build/repair time, now that would be SUPER!!!  The chances of you reading, let a lone doing anything about this message are VeRy slim for sure.  If nothing else,  Merry Christmas to all and may **** Bless you and yours...
    If your having that much of an issue with snipers, I'd move to a different world.  Looking at your profile, you don't PvP at all.  So, unless you are sniping fleets or trash talking you should be well below most players radar.
  • HenLai10
    HenLai10
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 594
    Laredo said:
    If your having that much of an issue with snipers, I'd move to a different world.  Looking at your profile, you don't PvP at all.  So, unless you are sniping fleets or trash talking you should be well below most players radar.
    ummm he could have meant dying in the reaver armada target.

• RandySpeedo
    RandySpeedo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 94
    edited 8 Dec 2017, 2:26AM
    I bet that if the financial people at kixeye plotted user number against number of new features added, there would be a steep linear negative **** . Income would be slightly less steep but still negative. Maybe try fixing existing stuff and delay any new stuff 3-6 months until its been tested.
  • Nancy Burtch
    Nancy Burtch
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 5
    if your gona make changes have it so we can help each other with the 61s or put back the 47s and let us help each other out to get the point for each level
  • PER_VERT
    PER_VERT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 58
    I can summarize the state of the game in two words... It's f*cked....
  • sir sinks alot
    sir sinks alot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 403
    edited 9 Dec 2017, 1:09AM
    Reaver tide will give you enough Uranium to easy upgrade your Op and you won't even have to leave your base .....most bases are instant repair . might take a few goes to get the right amount but seems your a patient pirate so no worries there 

Even weak bases with a few Mortars and a guard like Enforcer / with Citadels behind will easy handle it ...... :D
  • RiverRats0
    RiverRats0
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 10
    Good change slowing down the raid cycle - 4 per year too much.  Can't say I'm loving the current FM format but adapting and tuning fleets is part of the game - I like the CIC concept and will wait and see. Those in alliances have huge advantages plus there are great forums for advice and best builds.  BUT getting rid of all the barnacles clogging up the game and slowing down gameplay might help.  
  • GrandPaSunshine
    GrandPaSunshine
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,528
    well looks promising.  If my garrison CIC can adapt to fit the expected changes to the garrison targets that would be even better.  Resources changes look very promising. Even though most top end players auto resources not having to drive to each new target will definitely be a plus.  Making each raid cycle longer will definitely help with ship build time and any and all reductions in build time is always welcomed.  Hoping this will help bring back PVP as well as making PVE less of a chore.    :)
    Just one old man's opinion :)
  • Darkside Cowboy
    Darkside Cowboy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 60
    4 month raid cycles again is nice. I may be able to actually have a fleet ready for the hull raids again unlike now during the 3 month cycles. As for the FM, it just changed. No other changes are needed. I would 'spice' it up once annually, bi-annual at most. People are still working on getting fleets up to speed for the 111 and 115's.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7,166
    bort said:

@bort said:

So if you really want to see what i built and when, go to my guide. i think this current series starts on this page somewhere: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/680161/p3

However, in terms of total build time available, it really is not that hard to work it out.

Elapsed time: 90 days
    Tokens from previous FM before the raid series in September: 7
    Build tokens each raid Sept onwards: 6+6+6 = 18
    Hunter tokens each raid: cant remember. say 5+5+5 = 15
    TLCs: skirmish tokens: cant remember say 5+5 = 10
    TLCs: hunter tokens: can't remember say 10+10 = 20 (did we actually have 3 tlcs?)
    TLCs: apex tokens: cant remember say 5 (there were more than that)
    FM tokens: 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+5+6 = 81

Total = 246

i've been a bit conservative there as i've noted. we were given even more tokens than that. (and obviously have been with hunters/apex).

game is just not that hard. tokens are given out like candy.

so no, not cheating and not coining. and not stupid. simple fact.

always find it amusing that people accuse you of cheating. I could do the same with very little coin...with more time and more focus no coin is feasible

just curious though, how fast do you think you could get a new account to getting that number of tokens?

that's actually a pretty good question.

if you look at the above its a little over a third of tokens from elapsed time, and then a bit under from tlcs and the same from the FM. But that is to build both hull types for the raid series, where you can generally get away with one if you're prepared to put in a bit more effort.

so basically the aim to catch up would be to catch up once, getting one top tier hull, and use that to stay at the top through TLCs and then gradually make it even easier to stay at the top as you work towards getting both PvE hulls. (so say you'd won skyfires, you'd have used them to win the hunter, as well as a few tokens here and there, and would now have a hunter fleet built).

how quickly you can get there is dependent upon a few variables
    • whether you are doing it by yourself or are getting help
    • whether you coin
    • your general skill level at strategy games, and willingness to gain as much knowledge as possible (this is probably the most important variable. A poor strategy gamer is not going to be able to keep up, even if they have both raid hulls)
    Getting up to speed used to be around 3 months if you developed a solid understanding of the game and were skilled. Build time for your buildings was kind of the main blocker to leaping up quickly. Now the blocker is more the ships that you need, but you do still have fairly quick access to basic usable ships. At a guess I suspect to get to that main hurdle of having your first top raid ship would still be 3 to 4 months. Getting to the full set of tokens after starting with nothing would be maybe 6 to 9 months, unless you get a lot of help. Having said that, in the last year, that would have been dependent upon which quarterly raid cycle you started in - ie if you got your first good hull just before garrison you'd be set for the garrison raid and the FM. But sounds like that dependency is going away based on the state of the game post.
    i just loaded up one of my old alts that was probably a month old at most. Wow, the FM is a huge leg up now, and is pretty simple to get up to speed on.

best flee the account had 4 was dnx's built, one with a few hail bs, one with negotiator morts, one with siege S and another blank. Siege battery 1 or 2 on some, ra3 and a couple other minor specials.

That would easily be able to earn an icebreaker hitting 40s and sniping out the 115 turrets with a little spamming. after that there's some very useful weapons and specials in the FM as you score more points to grow extremely quickly. zelos is basically given away as your basic tank too.
  • Mick Connors
    Mick Connors
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 226
    The 3 month fm cycle well what can i say START LISTING KIX FOR **** SACK it take most people close to 3 months to get a full fleet built and up to speed to do the FM.Most people do not or cannot spend the coin on a whole fleet so they start to grind the weekly say with one ship and over time add others till at last they have a fleet that can do the FM the is BEND OVER AND BRACE YOURSELF HERE COME KIX and BOOM you change the dam thing if thats not a good example of a chore i dont know what is.Leave them for a year encourage people to play increase the actual intention of the game of people going out sinking ships and hitting bases and as a side line collect res for building stuff as the game is right now you got it wrong guys listen to the players when i started 6 years ago this was a real fun game thats the case now it  has and is losing its appeal to many chores to long repair and build times yes tokens make it a little easier but again its a CHORE getting them on top of all the others
  • Siberexpress
    Siberexpress
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9
    I am still trying to grasp Kixeyes way of thinking, I have been around since the Black water days and used to be in the top 10 in the Raids after they started them. No Coins just good driving. Then it got to the point you had to coin to keep up, sorry I am not a millionaire with unlimited funds to make everyone at Kixeye Millionaires.
    Then they started the FM, I was able to start catching up a little, but they kept upping it and making it a coiners paradise also. I am not one that says you have to expect to do it without damage, but I don't want to build a fleet so that 2 days before it was done it was obsolete and to keep up you needed to spend another $1000 or 2 to build the next one and coin it so you can use it before it is obsolete.
    Now you have all these people that keep saying if you have this ship or that ship and this weapon and that armor you can build a fleet in 20 days to compete. You had to coin to get said ships, armors and weapons in the raids.
    For some the FM was also where we got most of the Uranium, not now so those that don't coin and have the most elite fleets even lost that.
    So to all that continue, you have your wish, it will just be a coiners game and Kixeye has proven they don't want new people or those that don't coin in the game.

Siber 1845431
    Back where I started in 19 do die there when Kixeye goes broke from Greed
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,366
    The 3 month fm cycle well what can i say START LISTING KIX FOR **** SACK it take most people close to 3 months to get a full fleet built and up to speed to do the FM.Most people do not or cannot spend the coin on a whole fleet so they start to grind the weekly say with one ship and over time add others till at last they have a fleet that can do the FM the is BEND OVER AND BRACE YOURSELF HERE COME KIX and BOOM you change the dam thing if thats not a good example of a chore i dont know what is.Leave them for a year encourage people to play increase the actual intention of the game of people going out sinking ships and hitting bases and as a side line collect res for building stuff as the game is right now you got it wrong guys listen to the players when i started 6 years ago this was a real fun game thats the case now it  has and is losing its appeal to many chores to long repair and build times yes tokens make it a little easier but again its a CHORE getting them on top of all the others
    The FM cycle is 4 months. It changes 3 times a year.

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    I am still trying to grasp Kixeyes way of thinking, I have been around since the Black water days and used to be in the top 10 in the Raids after they started them. No Coins just good driving. Then it got to the point you had to coin to keep up, sorry I am not a millionaire with unlimited funds to make everyone at Kixeye Millionaires.
    Then they started the FM, I was able to start catching up a little, but they kept upping it and making it a coiners paradise also. I am not one that says you have to expect to do it without damage, but I don't want to build a fleet so that 2 days before it was done it was obsolete and to keep up you needed to spend another $1000 or 2 to build the next one and coin it so you can use it before it is obsolete.
    Now you have all these people that keep saying if you have this ship or that ship and this weapon and that armor you can build a fleet in 20 days to compete. You had to coin to get said ships, armors and weapons in the raids.
    For some the FM was also where we got most of the Uranium, not now so those that don't coin and have the most elite fleets even lost that.
    So to all that continue, you have your wish, it will just be a coiners game and Kixeye has proven they don't want new people or those that don't coin in the game.

Siber 1845431
    its getting easier and easier to keep up without coins.

for the fm they are basically giving away ibs/monos/zelos. 250k points lol. almost anyone could get that with a tiny bit of effort coin free, except maybe a brand new account.
  • Siberexpress
    Siberexpress
    Greenhorn
    bort said:

Siber 1845431

for the fm they are basically giving away ibs/monos/zelos. 250k points lol. almost anyone could get that with a tiny bit of effort coin free, except maybe a brand new account.
    I have fleets that can do a 68 which are good for 10000 each, Back to having to do chores for chump change. I used to be able to do the 82's with less damage than I get from the 68's. Back to the 159 pages of complaints about just this in the FM/Update 11/1 thread. The upped everything and then dropped it back on the 115 and gave a 111, the 82's stayed the same after the update and since Kixeye has already told the smaller players that don't coin once again that there is no room in the game for them
  • John Mair Snr
    John Mair Snr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 255
    I can't believe the gullibility of some people Kixeye are **** on your leg and telling
    you that its raining and you believe them. Kixeye have no credibility and have been known
    to twist the truth so what makes you think this will be a change for the better?
    Ahoy me Mateys!!!
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited Yesterday, 8:06PM
    bort said:

Siber 1845431

I have fleets that can do a 68 which are good for 10000 each, Back to having to do chores for chump change. I used to be able to do the 82's with less damage than I get from the 68's. Back to the 159 pages of complaints about just this in the FM/Update 11/1 thread. The upped everything and then dropped it back on the 115 and gave a 111, the 82's stayed the same after the update and since Kixeye has already told the smaller players that don't coin once again that there is no room in the game for them
    build a simple cm zelos. 

laredo has posted it a dozen times.

use the knowledge of others to move forward in the game. grab the mono tokens too and build your monos.

put in a little effort. dont expect everything to be just handed to you. (although, now it basically is).

the ability to do the fm has little to do with coins.
  • Siberexpress
    Siberexpress
    Greenhorn
    The answer to everything is always another fleet, a month ago I had a fleet that did pretty good. I have also built ships and fleets that were supposed to do this and that and just ended up wasting time and res because it was changed when said fleet was done and made obsolete.