2017 Winter State of the Game

• Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,346
    as long as server capacity fails and is a disturbing issue among other ongoing issues you can cycle what you want and think people maybe get happy but when the "fundation" of the game is incorrect it still remais a lacking game with too high costs even you, as you always said, force no one to spend. Profit for a company is ok but with a product as BP in performnce it is a joke. in quantity-quality perceptive the game is many times just a tiny bit above quantity level  and not real worth playing it.
    :pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • Robert Wyatt
    Robert Wyatt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 12
    the raids been to tuff for standard fleetsthet i have i cannot reach any prise in the tiears so what can you do for us thet cant hardly play the game waz fun at first now mmost of my friends stopped playing the game i do not hardly coin
  • jason.gritty
    jason.gritty
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 6
    how about getting rid of all the old crap that we cant use anymore and give us coin for the ships that are built already, will free up the server and loading time for us all, at the end of the day you are going to do what you want and dont matter what we think or say, just do it players will leave and other will stay but not many will invite new players to this game anymore  as there is tooooooooooooooooooooooo much to do in a short time.  I still play as i have been playing too long to give it up .
  • LAKESMAN
    LAKESMAN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 10
    Far to much to take in all this, I only play for fun, take each day as it comes. 
  • chunnder
    chunnder
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 40
    Simply you have no idea what your doing .... the game is a mess from top to bottom. Your one consistency is gather every coin you can from the dwindling player base. 
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7,166
    edited 6 Dec 2017, 10:51AM
    mstary1 said:

Now what is different between garrison raids and all the rest of BP at this stage of it's life? Oh that's right, a mistake or lag in garrison raids doesn't make your fleet go poof!  Scourge and reaver dominate the game at the moment. Make a mistake or lag in a scourge targets and your fleet is dead. Same with reaver but to a lesser extent.

my 600+ million on auto last raid disagrees with this statement.
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,266
    edited 6 Dec 2017, 12:15PM
    mstary1 said:
     " There was a lot of feedback that a dedicated Garrison event cycle at the same time as weekly FM play was not fun (“Three months of nothing but mortars” as one player put it)."

Three months of mortars eh?  Yeah, the old weekly FM was like soooo time consuming lol.   The last garrison raid targets were great and many, many players did well even with old fleets.
    Now what is different between garrison raids and all the rest of BP at this stage of it's life? Oh that's right, a mistake or lag in garrison raids doesn't make your fleet go poof!  Scourge and reaver dominate the game at the moment. Make a mistake or lag in a scourge targets and your fleet is dead. Same with reaver but to a lesser extent.

Now garrison raids are fun, and easy on the fleets. The archives of the last garrison raid are still there and feedback was mostly positive. 
    May I suggest you are not being entirely truthful about "A lot of feedback". Maybe the truth lies more towards: garrison raids= less damage for players, less coin for kixeye. 

Well put mate! This "quote" is as out of touch with true player opinion as Earth is out of touch with Alpha Centauri. 
  • backheart2017
    backheart2017
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 5
    please cut the op time of 8 and 7 there like 18 or 17 day while 9 and 10 are lovwer
  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,397
    About the only thing I would love to see added to this list is the dumping of AMAZON as your server farm and going with a more reliable company..  AMAZON is the cause of 99% of the connectivity problems not Kixeye.
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 296
    I love the way the dropping of weapon build times is thrown out there as something fantastic along with cutting this time and that. Realistically that all a load of rubbish. The latest tech items show that as an example nucc acc 2 is 1 day 30 hours and only offers splash over nucc acc 1. So m7 days to just refit a 5 ship fleet with a special that just offers a splash bonus? As for the rest hull times are just crazy and by dropping weapons etc but launching ships with more slots basically just offsets each other. Either the design team are misleading us or just plain dont understand basic maths. As usual I expect the same trolls to jump on this but as i totally ignore them no biggee.
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 357
    They have made a choice with the quick repair times on docks and the non existent repair times on shipyards to not even bother with pvp if a player doesn't want to and from what i have seen in comms traveling around alot is that the new bp player would almost rather do pve... I am not a coiner... I have a large business loan to pay back so my priorities are clear if I gotta wait for a raid I wait no big deal.. I scored 31k in bounty without spending a single dime and had fun doing it...  Did i get it all... Nope but I got enough to kill 85% of the bases out there which more than gets me my alli bonus weekly and more pvp fun during the week..

I love how its always the free to play folks, who don't do PVP ,that say everyithing is fine?

Any chance of you telling us how you are helping to pay kixeyes wage bill? because many coiners are not OK with the FM changing at every whim :(

• Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 7,627

@bort said:

So if you really want to see what i built and when, go to my guide. i think this current series starts on this page somewhere: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/680161/p3

However, in terms of total build time available, it really is not that hard to work it out.

Elapsed time: 90 days
    Tokens from previous FM before the raid series in September: 7
    Build tokens each raid Sept onwards: 6+6+6 = 18
    Hunter tokens each raid: cant remember. say 5+5+5 = 15
    TLCs: skirmish tokens: cant remember say 5+5 = 10
    TLCs: hunter tokens: can't remember say 10+10 = 20 (did we actually have 3 tlcs?)
    TLCs: apex tokens: cant remember say 5 (there were more than that)
    FM tokens: 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+5+6 = 81

Total = 246

i've been a bit conservative there as i've noted. we were given even more tokens than that. (and obviously have been with hunters/apex).

game is just not that hard. tokens are given out like candy.

so no, not cheating and not coining. and not stupid. simple fact.

always find it amusing that people accuse you of cheating. I could do the same with very little coin...with more time and more focus no coin is feasible

just curious though, how fast do you think you could get a new account to getting that number of tokens?

Meep!
  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Incursion Leader
    Milo-Ant said:
    They have made a choice with the quick repair times on docks and the non existent repair times on shipyards to not even bother with pvp if a player doesn't want to and from what i have seen in comms traveling around alot is that the new bp player would almost rather do pve... I am not a coiner... I have a large business loan to pay back so my priorities are clear if I gotta wait for a raid I wait no big deal.. I scored 31k in bounty without spending a single dime and had fun doing it...  Did i get it all... Nope but I got enough to kill 85% of the bases out there which more than gets me my alli bonus weekly and more pvp fun during the week..

I love how its always the free to play folks, who don't do PVP ,that say everyithing is fine?

Any chance of you telling us how you are helping to pay kixeyes wage bill? because many coiners are not OK with the FM changing at every whim :(

I don't do pvp? lol ok you keep thinking that... But that is why there are coiners ... they keep the game free for ME.

• blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Incursion Leader

@bort said:

So if you really want to see what i built and when, go to my guide. i think this current series starts on this page somewhere: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/680161/p3

However, in terms of total build time available, it really is not that hard to work it out.

TLCs: hunter tokens: can't remember say 10+10 = 20 (did we actually have 3 tlcs?)

Total = 246

i've been a bit conservative there as i've noted. we were given even more tokens than that. (and obviously have been with hunters/apex).

always find it amusing that people accuse you of cheating. I could do the same with very little coin...with more time and more focus no coin is feasible

just curious though, how fast do you think you could get a new account to getting that number of tokens?

Or the ones as above that know your playing habits, that's amusing also but it's taken most of us years to get to be able what we do free so do I expect a newb to come in and get everything right away ... Heck no.
  • james.sadler.334
    james.sadler.334
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 104
    my  feeling   are   stop having sperfic fleets     let us  decide what hull we want use 4  the  job 
  • kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 853

@AnEyeForAnEye said:
    What i find amazing is how player dont see what is coming.

Month 1: Build new flagships for raid flts

Month 2: Build second raid flt (auto flt)- which trust me wont be optionnal

Month 3: Build new garisson flt for new FM cycle-which wont be optionnal to keep it efficient aka low cost(time or coins)

Month 4: Build next raid cycle flt

So how is having to build a new PVE flt a month a good thing.

Most of us see it a couple just drink the kix coolaid and refuse to see it. I think im with you making this year my last. Might stick around a little longer not sure. My game plane was hang in there hoping for kix to go in a good direction, at least til i start back sliding with reduced playtime and no more coining.

• pfate
    pfate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 151
    edited 6 Dec 2017, 3:34PM
    what about cutting the cost to use base parts on platform upgrades? or increase how much we can hold for lv9 platforms? will we be seeing base parts increased in the drac bases??? what about vxp class tokens in OP? we have vxp for conqur and justice, why not have one for each class? will the new year come out with NEW blue prints from hitting salvages??what about a new daily that pays out titanium?? we have 1 daily that pays out 310k uranium and 2 dailys that pay out chest. and how about the XL bunker busters?? think they need to be updated aswell since we can have platforms go to lv9. XL bunker buster dnt even scratch them.. or being able to claim the FM chests in each prize pool twice in FM??? just wondering
  • p_b82
    p_b82
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 562
    I don't want to give your developers a hard time right off the bat without seeing things in action - but I'm afraid like many others I'm not sure that all the ideas are going to work out as you think they do - once put in practice; If they make it to the game at all.

The only thing I'll say is that with a 3 month cycle if there was a target type you didn't like you only had to deal with it for 6 months (raids and TLCs) now it'll be up to 8 months.... and *if* that target type is one you don't have a fleet for yet you'll not get the myriad of tokens offered and you'll not be able to build as much as others.

I would request that with this lengthened time you have between cycles, if you can spend the additional time tuning the targets & looking at the charged armour vs no charged armour aspects then I  for one would be happy with it it....

I do like the idea of the expeditions & I do like the tac thingy's.... but I want to see how they work out in practice before I give a wholesale thumbs up.

It's no good me sending my best fleet out, it just sucks, and it'll take me 24hrs to get as much Base parts as I could from auto-farming level 30 SDG's for a couple of hours - as an example.

the same with the tac mods - there's no point in giving us the options to use all one type, or all different if there is only one single build that is able to do the target for the least damage.... people will either try to use all one type or one of each so you have to build the targets to be able to cope best.
    Sure there is some skill in working out what ones will be better than others; but if we are essentially building the ship in the way that the target was designed to be most effective against, and there is only one build - we may as well just have that as an aura on the ship and add the build time to it....

I suppose when we get more info about it we can make  a more informed judgement.... and hopefully I'm not teaching you to suck eggs with this comment - but so far with these 3 months cycles, the ship builds have been very specific of what works vs what really doesn't...
  • DarkMethod
    DarkMethod
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 795
    edited 6 Dec 2017, 7:44PM
    What about,all the left being content updates?! I.E. the rogue crew update, the gambling aspects,ect. ect. a firm example of the grip of rage quitting is going to effect this- the last bastage of a full Kixeye game. The other games have been cut back or pruned,do to lack of participation. Is this the fate of this game as well?! Time, will tell.

How many more years can we wait for still incomplete features?! Still no other types of mega's- still no update on the super ships, still no way to rank conqueror hulls without gantry. I mean,growth and expansion is one thing. But in a limelight time,such as this, focus needs to be put on these glaring issues.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:
    mstary1 said:

my 600+ million on auto last raid disagrees with this statement.

But you are super awesome, all those points, no coin, and all on auto.......................... You are way above any of us 
    not really. that was just by basically copying george's build from TFC that he put in his October article.

literally no brain power or effort required by anyone. simply copy.

i must admit it is really hard to make sure you copy his builds right though. Its almost impossibly to find the TFC page, and the forsaken cove links. and when he writes his articles he goes through every single item in detail and why to include it, and then adds a huggy's link too, so its a bit hard for the average player to copy what he does.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord

@bort said:

Total = 246

that's actually a pretty good question.

if you look at the above its a little over a third of tokens from elapsed time, and then a bit under from tlcs and the same from the FM. But that is to build both hull types for the raid series, where you can generally get away with one if you're prepared to put in a bit more effort.

so basically the aim to catch up would be to catch up once, getting one top tier hull, and use that to stay at the top through TLCs and then gradually make it even easier to stay at the top as you work towards getting both PvE hulls. (so say you'd won skyfires, you'd have used them to win the hunter, as well as a few tokens here and there, and would now have a hunter fleet built).

how quickly you can get there is dependent upon a few variables
    • whether you are doing it by yourself or are getting help
    • whether you coin
    • your general skill level at strategy games, and willingness to gain as much knowledge as possible (this is probably the most important variable. A poor strategy gamer is not going to be able to keep up, even if they have both raid hulls)
    Getting up to speed used to be around 3 months if you developed a solid understanding of the game and were skilled. Build time for your buildings was kind of the main blocker to leaping up quickly. Now the blocker is more the ships that you need, but you do still have fairly quick access to basic usable ships. At a guess I suspect to get to that main hurdle of having your first top raid ship would still be 3 to 4 months. Getting to the full set of tokens after starting with nothing would be maybe 6 to 9 months, unless you get a lot of help. Having said that, in the last year, that would have been dependent upon which quarterly raid cycle you started in - ie if you got your first good hull just before garrison you'd be set for the garrison raid and the FM. But sounds like that dependency is going away based on the state of the game post.
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,366
    Ray_P said:
    Ray_P said:
    The duality of the raid cycle and the FM targets changing every three months sounds together like a bad idea.  I don't think many Captain's really care about the boredom of hitting targets with a mort fleet as opposed to have something stable that they can hit and finish quickly and not use precious SY resources and not have the right tech against ever changing targets.

Clearly I think you guys need to have your heads checked for ear wax,  if you didn't get the message that players want the basis of the game (The FM) kept stable so they can focus on all the other chores which are dumped on them there is little probability of long term success.   This giveth and take it away strategy does nothing to enhance player satisfaction. 
    If i understood it correctly, the FM changes every four months, which is the third month of every cycle.
    The Garrison/FM cycle begins in March and updates every three months (March, July, October)

I believe the thing you quoted means they change the third month of each raid cycle.

• Spider 111
    Spider 111
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 88
    Hi. I have a question for CM about the FM pricepools.

I have now been going for 4 weeks just collecting tokens, but i also know there has been prices in the pool that has been removed at a earlyer time.
    I belive the UTT was a price in the pool earlyer, and with new players and returning players like myself we would realy like to see some of the old stuff returning/excanged into the pool again.

Is it realistic to hope for a return of prices like it was in earlyer years, and if so? When will those changes be added?

Regards.
    Spider out.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14,707
    Hi. I have a question for CM about the FM pricepools.

I have now been going for 4 weeks just collecting tokens, but i also know there has been prices in the pool that has been removed at a earlyer time.
    I belive the UTT was a price in the pool earlyer, and with new players and returning players like myself we would realy like to see some of the old stuff returning/excanged into the pool again.

Is it realistic to hope for a return of prices like it was in earlyer years, and if so? When will those changes be added?

Regards.
    The web sandtrap for the portal is a much better option.  The UTT stops working when the platform is destroyed, the web continues to work even after the portal is destroyed.