Bounty Season 4 Discussion

• Dumpster D
    Dumpster D
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 463
    If getting stuff for normal play is going to become dependent on megas then this will become a problem.  It seems to be starting with VXP tokens and bounty points. It's obviously this will increase over time and is only appealing to a niche group.  I have a whole alliance that doesn't care about megas and with the last set of FM problems are just itching for a new game.  I think i just wasted 2 mins of game play waiting on missing FM targets.
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 357
    ah well, PvP over for most of us, wonder how those are feeling anyway who cant't be hit back as it is? :(
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,103
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    Look at that useless Defender flag ship everyone voted on.  I am sure its not going to melt to buss splash instantly along with the rest of the guard.  

All those that voted for that you can hear by never complain about back logs as you voted for useless hull to be put out. 
    you obviously have not looked at the entire boat in your shipyard..   or you wouldnt be saying that it is useless.

Yes and it is useless. Splash landing all over the place like it does, Will be doing big damage to entire fleet. This new hull will be giving its health away to all these other ships and will die quick to that.  Sorry King, Twinblade, Inqusiter, Glut, Lib all still best guard ships. Ships most have already made and no longer use hitting bases.  
    lock down rockets are very nice....
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 445
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    Look at that useless Defender flag ship everyone voted on.  I am sure its not going to melt to buss splash instantly along with the rest of the guard.  

All those that voted for that you can hear by never complain about back logs as you voted for useless hull to be put out. 
    you obviously have not looked at the entire boat in your shipyard..   or you wouldnt be saying that it is useless.

Yes and it is useless. Splash landing all over the place like it does, Will be doing big damage to entire fleet. This new hull will be giving its health away to all these other ships and will die quick to that.  Sorry King, Twinblade, Inqusiter, Glut, Lib all still best guard ships. Ships most have already made and no longer use hitting bases.  
    again I guess you havent looked at everything..

90/95% accuracy gales..  with some of the new splash antis = not a lot of the mortars getting through.  **** I can already almost keep up with the old fat boys and 2 of the new mortars and I havent even put them on level 9 stands yet..

Please do not get this boat..  so more ppl can farm you

• John1975
    John1975
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,756
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:

90/95% accuracy gales..  with some of the new splash antis = not a lot of the mortars getting through.  **** I can already almost keep up with the old fat boys and 2 of the new mortars and I havent even put them on level 9 stands yet..

I have 2 gamma built full gail 3 all CM spec 1/2 exp level 6 armor and 1/2 pen 6 armor. THey can not keep up with 3 bus/sloth. They are good and slow them down. Point Gamma faster build and better CM platform.   The new long build CM for platforms I coined 3 of them to go with gammas and took all 3 of them back down I equiped them with CM spec didnt work took that off put on all Splash stuff still lucky to hit one mort. Infact they seemed to make the 2x Gammas even less effective. Took all 3 of them out and gammas did their job.  

Your level 72 I see.   Go ahead and you get the new hull and waste 15 days making it then come back let us know how easy everyone is still getting in. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • JamesEllis
    JamesEllis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 123
    Alliance and sector chats not working---refreshed several times no effect.
    cleared cache and history and cookies?
    https://gph.is/2vzUM2N

In Game Name: TwistedSoul - Level: 80 - Alliance: AOZP - Sector: UNKNOWN
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Skilled Warrior
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:

I have 2 gamma built full gail 3 all CM spec 1/2 exp level 6 armor and 1/2 pen 6 armor. THey can not keep up with 3 bus/sloth. They are good and slow them down. Point Gamma faster build and better CM platform.   The new long build CM for platforms I coined 3 of them to go with gammas and took all 3 of them back down I equiped them with CM spec didnt work took that off put on all Splash stuff still lucky to hit one mort. Infact they seemed to make the 2x Gammas even less effective. Took all 3 of them out and gammas did their job.  

Your level 72 I see.   Go ahead and you get the new hull and waste 15 days making it then come back let us know how easy everyone is still getting in. 
    this account is level 2.. main got banned for calling out a mod..    1) im higher level then you, and 2) hold more medals then you..

but sure w/e

• Bob of BOB22
    Bob of BOB22
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 176

Protection times to low, mega portion is not interesting and points payout .... well let's just say JUNK! Not really a fan of this bounty thing, might get more people to join if it doesn't slow down builds, research and equipping turrets but some how I can't see kix doing that.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Skilled Warrior
    beel78 said:
    ****...I hope that the jackpots will be more available than the last one.  Frankly the points needed is prohibitive, especially if the pool of players is small.  Again...this is just going to be a continuation of the cycle....as less and less people get the best tech from the previous bountys then less people will play.  Something REALLY needs to happen before it kills off the concept.
    we have been talking about this exact thing in comms..

Kinda need the bus/sloth/KW to get into most bases these days..   IF you do not have that combo you aren't cracking diddly... and if you cannot stop said combo you are a farm.    AS they keep building on bounty, the gap gets wider and wider.

• Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Skilled Warrior
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:

I have no guard fleet, and still kill KW and 3 BUS/sloth fleets
  • paul.peterson.313
    paul.peterson.313
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 30
    can we see more details on this new hull ?

• John1975
    John1975
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,756
    can we see more details on this new hull ?

it is in your shipyard click design pick the hull and you can do test builds and see all the specs.
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Jimmothy
    Jimmothy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 54

If at any time, when developing just a certain "part" or "aspect" of a game, you require this much explanation, you are certainly doing something wrong and have over complicated things drastically.  This is beyond ridiculous and will alienate the vast majority of the few players left in this game.  

Greetings, Captains!

We are very excited to bring you the next season of Bounty.

Bounty is an event where players repeatedly smash each other's bases and steal Bounty

Points to spend on PvP tech. Players protect their winnings by climbing through a series of checkpoints each day. There are prizes available for all, but dedicated pirates who manage to rise through the ranks will claim the shiniest spoil.

--------

Summary of changes from last season:

• You can now earn a fixed amount of Bounty for each “successful” base defense. These defense rewards will be capped  at some maximum per day.

• King of the Nexus is back, except it pays out Bounty during the Season!

• There are still 4 regular and 1 super challenge Checkpoints each day. Checkpoint 1 has been increased slightly for each day, which means they are a little harder to obtain, but they allow you to secure more bounty each day.

Overview

• Season 4 will run from 11/30 @ 10am PST - 12/4 @ 10am PST

• Join the hunt to obtain an initial seed amount of unsecured bounty (unsecured bounty is bounty that can be stolen).

• 800 Bounty will be granted every 6 hours

• 10am, 4pm, 10pm, 4am PST

• If you miss 1 grant, it will be held until the next time you log in. If you miss 2 or more grants, only 1 grants’ worth of bounty will be held until the next time you log in.

• IMPORTANT NOTE: To redeem your grant, you may have to go to the world map and re-enter your base.

• Use the Locator on the World Map to find bounty player targets. There are also NPC Targets for Bounty, but they won’t show in the Locator.

• Destroy a base (at least 2 stars) to steal unsecured bounty

• 2 stars = At least 50% base damage AND the Outpost destroyed

• Reach a checkpoint and some unsecured bounty becomes secured (it cannot be stolen)

• There are 4 checkpoints each day, plus one stretch checkpoint for hardcore PVPers

• The fifth checkpoint has several progress prize milestones. Reach these to receive chests that pay out token prizes, uranium, and more!

• Note that the first checkpoint location has changed from Season 3

• Fight and secure bounty every day to maximize end-of-season bounty

• *NEW Base Defense Rewards* For each “successful” base defense, you will be awarded bounty. This bounty is not stolen from the attacker. You can earn up to 5 such defense rewards per day. This quota is reset daily, timed to coincide with refreshing of checkpoints.

• A “successful” base defense means the attacker earned less than 2 start and either:

• Attacker took 10%+ damage during this time OR

• Your base took 20%+ damage

• Each successful defense earns you 200 Bounty. This can be earned up to 5 times each day.

• *NEW Bounty Nexus* King of the Nexus is back, except instead of gold it pays out Bounty. For alliances hived at a node, all members will receive a periodic drip of Bounty, however you cannot claim this Bounty until you opt in. Once opted in, we will give you any retroactive drips you were eligible for (if any, and only up to the stored drip cap), and any future drips. Expiration bonus is still only awarded to players in the hive at each Nexus when it expires. Anyone can claim or hive up at a Nexus as long as they have a Megaship; whether you are opted in only affected whether you can claim Bounty.

• There will be 5 Nexuses per world

• Nexuses will drip 25 Bounty every 60 minutes

• There will be 2 rounds of Nexus spawns. The first set will last from Thurs, 11/30 at 10am - Fri, 12/1 at 3pm. The Nexus  expiration bonus will be 2000 Bounty. You must log in and claim this bonus on Friday 12/1 from 3pm - 4:55pm PST.

• Another round of Nexuses will spawn on Friday, 12/1 at 5pm and expire when the season ends. You will have until the end of the store to log in and claim the expiration bonus, which will be 4400 Bounty for the second set of Nexuses.

• At the end of the event, spend secured and remaining unsecured bounty on prizes  

PvP Bounty Seasons

This PVP event is broken into “seasons”. Each season is a specified duration where you can steal Bounty by attacking other players who are also participating in the season.

The PvP Season will start for all worlds simultaneously; no staggering. The Bounty Store opens at the end of the Season, and will remain open for a limited time.

How to Join the Bounty Hunt

To take part in the PvP Season, you must first activate Bounty via your Outpost or the Bounty alert in the notification tray. To activate, you must be at least level 50 and have upgraded your Outpost to level 6 or higher.

Then

b1PNG

Joining Bounty means that you will receive periodic Bounty grants, and that you can attack others to steal their Bounty. It also means that you become a valid target to steal from. You can choose if you want to participate at the beginning of each season. Once you join, you cannot opt out of a Season.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Joining the Bounty hunt immediately disables damage protection. (i.e. pops your bubble)  Once you have opted in to the PvP season, you cannot purchase damage protection during the season.

Players who have joined the Bounty Hunt are marked by the Bounty Icon next to their base on the World Map. The Bounty Icon will is larger and glows on targets that yield more bounty.

Increasing Bounty Level

Levelling up your Bounty level will give defensive boosts to your Outpost.

b2PNG

Bounty will automatically deactivate at the end of the season. Any Bounty expansions will not persist to the following seasons.

Secured vs Unsecured Bounty Points

Bounty Points can be granted, earned, stored, protected, and stolen during the Bounty Season.

Your total Bounty balance is displayed in the top left corner of the Bounty window, and next to your profile picture where Medals are usually shown. This total amount is subcategorized as Secured and Unsecured Bounty.

Unsecured Bounty is the amount of Bounty you own that can be stolen at any time. If you fail to defend your base, the attacker may take 40% of this Unsecured amount with each battle. Any Bounty you earn is always considered Unsecured at first.

To help you protect your Bounty, we’ve created Daily Checkpoints. Each day you will have 5 different Checkpoints available, accessible via the “Daily Goals” tab. Once your Unsecured Bounty crosses any Checkpoint threshold, that entire amount will be reclassified as Secured Bounty, which can no longer be stolen by other players.

Checkpoints 1-4 are a Bounty Hunter’s bread and butter; however, Checkpoint 5 is meant to be a challenge for only the most dedicated and ambitious.

Both Secured and Unsecured Bounty can be spent in the store at the end of the season.

Checkpoint Schedule

The Chest points are progress prizes only, they do not secure Bounty. Points listed below are the amounts required from one checkpoint to the next. Note that all chest prizes are between Checkpoints 4 and 5.

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Checkpoint 1

Checkpoint 2

Checkpoint 3

Checkpoint 4

Chest - 2000

Chest - 2000

Chest - 2000

Chest - 8000

Chest - 5000

Chest - 5000

Chest - 5000

Chest - 16000

Chest - 9000

Chest - 9000

Chest - 9000

Chest - 32000

Checkpoint 5

Any unspent Bounty will be lost once the Bounty Store closes.  

b3PNG

As you progress through Checkpoint 5, look for mini prizes such as Chests along Milestone markers. When your Unsecured Bounty crosses these tick marks, you will be granted the listed items. If a player loses bounty and gains it again, milestone prizes cannot be redeemed multiple times.

Earning Bounty

• All participants will be seeded the same amount of Bounty when they opt in to the Bounty season

• Bounty is granted every 6 hours during the Season. To redeem it, players must be logged in, and may also have to enter their base from the world map.

• Players receive Bounty by earning at least 2 stars in a base combat against a player who is also opted into Bounty. The amount of Bounty stolen is 40% of your opponent’s unsecured Bounty.

• You earn Bounty by attacking a participant who a) are also participating in the PvP Season and b) has more unsecured Bounty than you.

• Participating players are signified with a symbol next to their base and can be found via the Locator.

• Clicking on any base with a Bounty icon will tell you how much Bounty you can potentially earn from defeating that player.

• You may not attack members of your own Alliance for Bounty. Attacking an alliance member will not earn you Bounty.

• You can still attack someone with less unsecured Bounty than you, or someone who has not opted in to Bounty during a PvP Season, however you will not earn or lose Bounty from these combats.

• YOU MUST DESTROY THE ENEMY’S OUTPOST AND EARN AT LEAST 2 STARS TO GAIN BOUNTY

• If you attack a player and their Outpost is still destroyed from a previous combat, you will not earn any Bounty from the battle.

• You can also earn bounty by destroying NPC base targets. These will spawn around Nav Relays regularly.

• Bandit-Occupied Base level 85 pays out 50, level 96 pays out 100

• Keep an eye out for Bandit Jackpot Hoards for significantly higher payouts!

• Jackpot Hoard targets only spawn very rarely at random times.

• You will also win and lose Medals during Bounty based on normal rules, but it will not be displayed as prominently.

• Bounty and Medal information will still be located in the Battle Log.

Damage Protection

There is a different set of damage protection rules that will apply to people who have opted to participate in the PvP Season.

As mentioned above, any existing damage protection will immediately expire upon opting into the season. You will not be able to purchase damage protection during the season.

Damage protection for Season participants works differently than standard damage protection rules during the season. See Table below for bubble rules while opted in for the season.

For example:

Total Base Damage

Bounty Bubble

Normal Bubble 

Less than 25%

No bubble

No bubble

25%

2 hour

12 hours

50%

3 hours

24 hours

75%

4 hours

36 hours

100%

4 hours

36 hours

PvP Store:

Once the PvP Season is ended, a PvP Store will open. The Store will open for a few days after the Season is over. You can look at items in the store while the Season is active, but will not be allowed to purchase until the Season is over.

Redeeming a prize removes that amount of Bounty from your balance.

Any unspent Bounty at the end of the Store period will be removed.

Notable Features of PvP Bounty Seasons

Conqueror Repair Queue

During the PvP Season, Conqueror fleets will have a second repair queue that can only be used for Conqueror fleets. Eligible fleets will be noted with a Conqueror symbol and have a different background color in the Dock.

You can use this Conqueror repair queue in tandem with the normal repair queue. This repair queue is only active during the Season to players who are opted in. Note that a Conqueror fleet can also repair in the normal queue, such that two Conqueror fleets can repair at the same time (one in each queue).

Locator

When opted in, “Bounty Targets” will be a new option in the Locator. This will show someone with more unsecured Bounty than you and within the normal base hitting level rules and that are not currently bubbled.

IMPORTANT NOTE: It is still possible for another player to hit a base listed in the locator as your fleet is travelling to it. Thus, it may be the case that your target is flattened on arrival. Unfortunately, your only option is to look for another target.

Leaderboards

Three new Bounty-related leaderboards have been included. They include Current Bounty, Season Highest Bounty, and All-Time High Bounty earned.

Non-participants

Don’t want to participate? Easy! Don’t activate Bounty. You will not be opted into the PvP Season and are exempt from earning Bounty. You will not have access to the PvP Store once the PvP Season has ended. You can change your mind and join the PvP Season anytime by activating Bounty at your Outpost before the opt-in period ends.

People can still hit your base if you’re not participating in the Season, they just won’t steal any Bounty because you have no Bounty. You can still lose your medals and resources from normal base attacks.

You may still purchase damage protection as usual if you have not opted into the Season.

• Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,303
    Jimmothy said:

If at any time, when developing just a certain "part" or "aspect" of a game, you require this much explanation, you are certainly doing something wrong and have over complicated things drastically.  This is beyond ridiculous and will alienate the vast majority of the few players left in this game.  

And you felt it useful to repost the whole explanation?
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Skilled Warrior
    Fractal said:
    Jimmothy said:

And you felt it useful to repost the whole explanation?

sort of needed it to show what he was saying

• Skyline1627
    Skyline1627
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 143
    Still no solution for a level 110 hitting a lvl 60....yup....called it....
    Count me out....again...
  • carol.santti
    carol.santti
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 179
    realy a defending ship that fires rockets      rockets are out ranged by every type of weapon    how is this ship going to defend anything but the bottom of channel    :(

• Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 448
    realy a defending ship that fires rockets      rockets are out ranged by every type of weapon    how is this ship going to defend anything but the bottom of channel    :(

I haven't looked in detail, but the special adds range, and the hull adds range, I am betting with both and the new weapon, it will be really close, or just above common ranges for Conqs.
    Level 105

I don't hit bases too often (not worth the cost)
    Been playing a long time. 
    Generally in sector 210
  • Ragin_Cajun7
    Ragin_Cajun7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 28
    BOUNTY SEASON 4!!! YEAH BABY!! Let the games begin :-)
  • JamesEllis
    JamesEllis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 123
    have you added the overpowered op weapon to these bandit targets?
    https://gph.is/2vzUM2N

In Game Name: TwistedSoul - Level: 80 - Alliance: AOZP - Sector: UNKNOWN
  • GrandPaSunshine
    GrandPaSunshine
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,528
    Bounty sucked last time.  It looks like it will suck this time also I never even got a peek last bounty--but of course i am not a baby seal. ( Also if you  aren't lucky enough to catch the PVE target in a supposed PVP event) you can't get enough points to do hardly anything.  Do us all a favor and stop trying to force PVP on us and just let us do it as we wish.  Also if you are really interested in generating PVP how about making the medals  (those shinny thingies) worth something and give out anything more useful.  Also there should be something awarded for being able to defend your base with your history of OP  attack hulls.  
    Just one old man's opinion :)
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,366

It will have a range of 98ish with the new rocket plus special, which is the same as the Kings Writ and Twinblade.

• FireStorm91
    FireStorm91
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 709
    I have yet to take part in a Bounty, and still have no plans on doing such. This is coming from a person with a base, that has over 75% success rate defending against everything up to and including the new Scattergun Gluts (I have no illusions of keeping King's Writ out of my base, just hope to do some damage).

I am also super happy that the defender hull we all voted a lot for, is only in a event, where we have to defend against said hulls, that we need the defender hull in the first place for (regardless of its stats, that is what it was designed for), every 4 hours (stupid useless short bubble).

The inclusion of Mega's needs to die as a idea.

The new base defense idea is good, but poorly implemented. You've done it before, put a restriction on the hull entering the base, that earns the defensive bounty. But do not restrict what can attack a base (only what earns the defense bounty). On top of that, maybe a check system, to see if the person was recently in a the same alliance recently (30 days?) that won't allow them to attack another "ex" member.

Come on Kixeye, Bounty in general is a good idea, but I think many things, including base defense fleet repair, and bubble timers, are poorly implemented. Not counting everything "new" up above.
    Been playing too long
  • John Seymour
    John Seymour
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 592
    I've done all the Bounty's so far but I'm gonna sit this one out. I noticed that the sonar transformers don't work. Also all my base fleets have sonar and thermal, yet they still didn't detect the Gluts walking through. I'll stick with the FM and all the other chores...lol
    The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates

Improvise, adapt, and overcome

Learn from your mistake

Accept nothing challenge everything

• jack the reaper
    jack the reaper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 264
    seems like a very weak prize list for the effort this time. ive done all the previous bountys mostly for the fun and getting something useful but not gonna opt in this time . Since it looks more like a waste of time managing fleets , bases , and megas too
  • kiwis
    kiwis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 165
    in prize list it say king writ and also king writ skin, does this mean king writ is available in bounty for 15k.

• sir sinks alot
    sir sinks alot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 403
    edited 30 Nov 2017, 11:05AM
    kudos on bounty for defense a step in the right direction there ...just need to add a few tokens or low cost prizes to use the remaining Bounty up ..i wasted 1200 last bounty because there was nothing to use it on ...Also scrap the hitting higher cap and let it be a free for all .Forcing us to hit higher just before we reach daily check point means we are usually forced to hit level 100 plus bases which is usually  impossible unless you have the Latest  fleet ...