From The Desk Of Dr Phill: Thorium Bust

TheImmortalDrPhill
TheImmortalDrPhill
Incursion Leader
Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,152
Well so far the resounding noise from the players is this event us a bust. Kixeye want some feedback, here is some feedback. 

We'll start with the notes before the event, I read them off and as soon as i saw the reduced missions, i said to myself that the difficulty would be ramped up and i was right. Some of the bases in there, pretty much from the 60 onwards. Are seriously overpowered. Have you tried limiting damage using lower level units on the 60 base? How bout trying to take the 60 with only bonesaws for air. The risk vs reward factor there is off the scale. If you didn't manage to get a platoon of technicals in the last event, good luck doing the 60.
Survivors currently have one air unit. Corpus have 3, sentinels have 2. So having any base where air is absolutely needed and you can only deploy bonesaws, is absurd.
So move onto the base that everyone hates, which is the 80. 3 railguns, 2 overwatches, fusion and absorption support turrets attached to all of them? Have you all lost your minds? This is what worried me when those things came out. Kixeye would abuse them, they may follow the same rules of only one of each support turret on a platform, but for christs sake man there's more BS in there than there's ever been.
Anyone that's 42-43 and below, doesn't have the maxed out units. And the lowers are struggling more significantly that usual. I got to the "3/4" mark and i stopped. Going further than that would have been reckless unless i could get to the end. Three quarters of the way for half the availiable xp. Almost a third of it is tied up in that last faction wave.

A lot of mistakes have been made this event. And take away some of these fricken cave bases while you're at it There's no need for 5 or 6 caves per event. The games about strategy and skill. Not about taking away 80% of my arsenal and throwing me in at the deepend. A cave base oh and it's a faction base. So i get to use like 4 units and get my **** kicked to do it? NO, i think i'll cut my losses and walk away from the base altogether. 

So here's a list of suggestions. 

Either award the trophy at the end of the final mission or have it unlocked for all. Not sealing it behind the final wave. That's one of the most idiotic things i've seen. Not finish the event and get rewarded, finish the event and buy it. Well done EA.

Cut back on the amount of caves put into the event.

Stop limiting what we can actually use. Faction waves are not "Skill based" They're kixeyes way of ensuring money goes into the bank and you're not even honest about it. 

Support turrets. I'd use the phrase "Quit that S***" because it's the only one i have. Seeing one or two i am fine with in a PVE style base. I've yet to actually unlock support turrets because my base is so far behind. But the base issue is something i can cover on another day.  I stated more than once that these things worried me. That has reigned true and kixeye did exactly what i expected them to do after reassurances that not all the bases would be covered with these things and now they're everywhere. 

Difficulty curve. This is something that needs looking at. Sometimes you get it right and it's spot on. This time you're dead wrong. Easy base, easy base, easy base and then the proverbial kick in the balls. While i agree there should be challenge to bases, there shouldn't be that kind of play style. 
Each base should progressively get harder instead of this instant spike in difficulty. 

Here's the problem overall. I'm still playing catch up, while focusing in on finishing my elite Jug to level 30, so it can finally hit Omega. In doing that, it's leaving a lot of my other vehicles behind, so mostly i'm doing this with level 1 stuff. Is it my own fault for concentrating on one unit? Absolutely.
Do i have a list of units i plan to upgrade as soon as it's feasible, absolutely. I'd love nothing more than to have kixeye on board and work with them to go over some of these issues in this event and work with the players instead of us vs kixeye mentality. I'm holding kixeye accountable as should everyone else, including the guys and girls who work in that building. 

The bottom line is simple. If the game is no longer fun, i will no longer play. A few months ago i said that time was the best time to be in War Commander. Right now, it's probably the worst. That's why spending on the game has stopped and will continue to be Nil until such a time as the game either becomes fun again, or i simply walk away. 

Feedback was asked for, this is it. 

The Immortal, Dr Phill. 
Image may contain: text
  • Dannie_N
    Dannie_N
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 213
    well said they need to spread the events out anyway there way to close to each other 
  • Bumblez
    Bumblez
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 253
    The variance in difficulty from event to event is just crazy they get it right people praise them bam next event its stupid again. I dont quite know what is going through the minds of people at Kixeye. People having fun spend people dealing with tedious overpowered crap thats about as much fun as a kick in the nuts dont.
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,093
    i notest that alot of the faction bases are thor bases but theres 1 thing that should be noted they made the lv 40 base different and also much harder then the 60 base due to the fact there was no fuel building to blow up  and theres also the fact the 40 bases was a 65 thor base so not every 1 has the ability to kill such bases 
  • joey.james.9277
    joey.james.9277
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 9
    drag0nsun said:
    i notest that alot of the faction bases are thor bases but theres 1 thing that should be noted they made the lv 40 base different and also much harder then the 60 base due to the fact there was no fuel building to blow up  and theres also the fact the 40 bases was a 65 thor base so not every 1 has the ability to kill such bases 
    I agree and don't forget the all of a sudden glitches that damage quickly also pretty much lowers have no chance 
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,093
    drag0nsun said:
    I agree and don't forget the all of a sudden glitches that damage quickly also pretty much lowers have no chance 
    yeah bugs are a pain to deal with and random jumps of lag from your home network or from kixeye adding in the daily bases or doing hotfixes i also seen the new buildings not always doing its effective range all the time 
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 23
    the faction thing is a bust.
    You are unable to upgrade so many units in time.
    Then you add more units every event, it is not possible with all the tokens, parts, and customizations.
  • DaAlamo
    DaAlamo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 181
    edited 26 Nov 2017, 4:02AM
    oldtimes said:
    Then you add more units every event, it is not possible with all the tokens, parts, and customizations.
    Let's not forget that the "new" unit will be the ones needed to complete the "new unit" 150 bases that come out after each event. So to say players can pick and choose what units they want to obtain and upgrade is not the slightest bit true. The company has made it so that to stay VIABLE in the game you must have the newest units and you must upgrade them immediately upon obtaining them or you will not be successful in the subsequent events. We see this with the technical in this event.

The true ability for players to upgrade units that match their playing styles has gone away from this game. To say someone does not have to play the faction track is a falsehood as well. Yes, technically you are not literally forced to play them, but let's be honest the main track prizes suck and have for many events. 

My coining had SEVERELY reduced and PVP is almost non-existent any more.
  • DataKing
    DataKing
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,226
    is there any hair on those balls phil?
  • TheImmortalDrPhill
    TheImmortalDrPhill
    Incursion Leader
    DataKing said:
    is there any hair on those balls phil?
    There's always one.... But at least you filled the stupid comment quota. 
  • Yaswanth Banoth
    Yaswanth Banoth
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 26

Yep support turrets giving heck a lot of repair in that lvl80

• Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,209

Send Liberators in groups of 3 into the middle of the base and move in behind them with Technicals or Hammers. 30 dead Liberators isn't a short repair but it's better than dead Hammers, Technicals or War Rig. Most people have Liberators to spare as well so you can restart and keep going while they repair or repair them overnight or one by one.
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,000
    edited 26 Nov 2017, 6:16AM
    I have no problem with this event and if all goes to plan I'll have my best event ever.  How?  I simply play within my ability   I do mission 1 - 12, faction 1-3 and restart.   Sure I can go higher, but why? If I'm going to incur 10s of hours of repair I scale back.  Faction missions 1 -3 can be done with one single lvl 5 Technical.  All events have various weaknesses, but you have to think "outside the box".  Get creative, be patient and you'll surprise yourself on what you can actually do!
  • kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 659
    Gudari43 said:
    I have no problem with this event and if all goes to plan I'll have my best event ever.  How?  I simply play within my ability   I do mission 1 - 12, faction 1-3 and restart.   Sure I can go higher, but why? If I'm going to incur 10s of hours of repair I scale back.  Faction missions 1 -3 can be done with one single lvl 5 Technical.  All events have various weaknesses, but you have to think "outside the box".  Get creative, be patient and you'll surprise yourself on what you can actually do!
    Truth.  Also, if you are going to go offline and sleep or work (I know, what a concept) taking 10 hours of repair isn't completely out of the question.  
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,000
    Gudari43 said:
    Truth.  Also, if you are going to go offline and sleep or work (I know, what a concept) taking 10 hours of repair isn't completely out of the question.  
    True!  I've got 10+ hours of repairs queued up tonight and tomorrow begin fresh.  Keep it real - Truth!
  • Larry D Elliott
    Larry D Elliott
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 464
    Well so far the resounding noise from the players is this event us a bust. Kixeye want some feedback, here is some feedback. 

We'll start with the notes before the event, I read them off and as soon as i saw the reduced missions, i said to myself that the difficulty would be ramped up and i was right. Some of the bases in there, pretty much from the 60 onwards. Are seriously overpowered. Have you tried limiting damage using lower level units on the 60 base? How bout trying to take the 60 with only bonesaws for air. The risk vs reward factor there is off the scale. If you didn't manage to get a platoon of technicals in the last event, good luck doing the 60.
    Survivors currently have one air unit. Corpus have 3, sentinels have 2. So having any base where air is absolutely needed and you can only deploy bonesaws, is absurd.
    So move onto the base that everyone hates, which is the 80. 3 railguns, 2 overwatches, fusion and absorption support turrets attached to all of them? Have you all lost your minds? This is what worried me when those things came out. Kixeye would abuse them, they may follow the same rules of only one of each support turret on a platform, but for christs sake man there's more BS in there than there's ever been.
    Anyone that's 42-43 and below, doesn't have the maxed out units. And the lowers are struggling more significantly that usual. I got to the "3/4" mark and i stopped. Going further than that would have been reckless unless i could get to the end. Three quarters of the way for half the availiable xp. Almost a third of it is tied up in that last faction wave.

A lot of mistakes have been made this event. And take away some of these fricken cave bases while you're at it There's no need for 5 or 6 caves per event. The games about strategy and skill. Not about taking away 80% of my arsenal and throwing me in at the deepend. A cave base oh and it's a faction base. So i get to use like 4 units and get my **** kicked to do it? NO, i think i'll cut my losses and walk away from the base altogether. 

So here's a list of suggestions. 

Either award the trophy at the end of the final mission or have it unlocked for all. Not sealing it behind the final wave. That's one of the most idiotic things i've seen. Not finish the event and get rewarded, finish the event and buy it. Well done EA.

Cut back on the amount of caves put into the event.

Stop limiting what we can actually use. Faction waves are not "Skill based" They're kixeyes way of ensuring money goes into the bank and you're not even honest about it. 

Support turrets. I'd use the phrase "Quit that S***" because it's the only one i have. Seeing one or two i am fine with in a PVE style base. I've yet to actually unlock support turrets because my base is so far behind. But the base issue is something i can cover on another day.  I stated more than once that these things worried me. That has reigned true and kixeye did exactly what i expected them to do after reassurances that not all the bases would be covered with these things and now they're everywhere. 

Difficulty curve. This is something that needs looking at. Sometimes you get it right and it's spot on. This time you're dead wrong. Easy base, easy base, easy base and then the proverbial kick in the balls. While i agree there should be challenge to bases, there shouldn't be that kind of play style. 
    Each base should progressively get harder instead of this instant spike in difficulty. 

Here's the problem overall. I'm still playing catch up, while focusing in on finishing my elite Jug to level 30, so it can finally hit Omega. In doing that, it's leaving a lot of my other vehicles behind, so mostly i'm doing this with level 1 stuff. Is it my own fault for concentrating on one unit? Absolutely.
    Do i have a list of units i plan to upgrade as soon as it's feasible, absolutely. I'd love nothing more than to have kixeye on board and work with them to go over some of these issues in this event and work with the players instead of us vs kixeye mentality. I'm holding kixeye accountable as should everyone else, including the guys and girls who work in that building. 

The bottom line is simple. If the game is no longer fun, i will no longer play. A few months ago i said that time was the best time to be in War Commander. Right now, it's probably the worst. That's why spending on the game has stopped and will continue to be Nil until such a time as the game either becomes fun again, or i simply walk away. 

Feedback was asked for, this is it. 

The Immortal, Dr Phill. 
    Very well thought out and said as usual Dr Phil. I feel sorry for the low to mid levels that got boned this event. 
    My page link below for anti-cheaters group 
    All welcome to join ---no clan affiliations

https://www.facebook.com/groups/exposethecheats/
  • Larry D Elliott
    Larry D Elliott
    Skilled Warrior
    Tony8808 said:
    Phil, are you seriously saying that the Survivor 60 is too difficult? Did Liberators and Hammers suddenly stop existing? Are you crazy implying that a player should be able to do this base with only Bonesaws? I see so many ways to pick off this base with basic generation 1 survivor units that it boggles my mind how you can claim this base is too hard.

The Railgun is dead once you blow up the Vercraft missile building behind the command center. The Gogo Bar and Defense Lab can be sniped with Bonesaws or Hammers followed by our favorite friend, the End Attack button. Taking down the radio towers on the 4 corners of this base allows the use of stealth Detonaters. You can pick off units and turrets around the outside of the base with Bonesaws and then suicide them to take out weak key targets like power plants and watchtowers. You can have Hammers/Roland in the front constantly moving to tank and dodge shots while Liberators and Disrupters deal damage/shock/scramble. Heck, taking out the missile silos and the Railgun lets you use the War Rig to run through most of the base. Even at lvl 1, it is still a very usable unit.

If all else fails, a player can simply spam stealth missiles at this base, since there is no anti-missile bastion in this base.

I agree the Survivor 80 is challenging. I also think it is completely optional to do. The only thing a player really misses out on from skipping Survivor 80 is the trophy. Everything else can be acquired through grinding once a player beats Survivor 60 and gets the reset token. For the record, I find this last mission doable, but I do have the big toys to carry me through. If a player does not have the big toys (Weaver, platoon of Technicals, War Rig), do you really think they should be able to do the last final completely optional mission easily?

I am not going to go too much into the trophy change, but my opinion is that if you can't beat the last mission, a cosmetic is the least of your worries. You might want to spend that XP on units and techs instead of something with no value in battle. Of course, I do approve of free trophy after finishing the last mission.

Cave bases are annoying, but trying to beat bases with a limited arsenal is also a challenge itself. Using only Ardra, Jug, Herald is pretty boring and hardly what I would consider the epitome of skill. Obviously my opinion on this is going to be biased since I have the big toys. Regardless, saying that the faction missions are not "skill based" is an insult to the players that are able to beat them.

I'm neutral regarding support turrets. They are interesting additions but have a lot of potential for frustrations.

Difficulty curve is too subjective for me to comment on.

You decided to focus on the Jug. You will reap the rewards once the Sentinel faction track arrives. In the mean time, you will have to live with your decision and be at a disadvantage for this and next event.

The game is what you make of it. I spend more time than I would like to admit on this game but I haven't spent a single cent. I still enjoy and look forward to the changes. Kixeye certainly deserves criticisms. However, people really like to overlook the positives. Upgrade time were re-balanced for buildings and techs. Air units were moved out of the tech lab. Only a single Gen 2 unit gets released per event instead of two. Out of all the Gen 2 units released, 3 of them are infantry. Event defense waves can now be skipped.

TL;DR
    Honestly, if you are not having fun, you should just walk away. Games are meant to be enjoyed, and you clearly are not liking it. I simply cannot agree with most of your criticism. To me, this event is faster and more concise than previous ones, and is a considerable decrease in difficulty from those stupid yellow zombies.
    Tony you speak as  a high level with the big toys, which I respect . but as you say you have all the big toys. that being said your notion about spamming missle now lets be honest where is the SKILL in that . or quite honestly he fun factor . .. who wants to go out FARM res and thorium during the event just to play the event . also some people have limited time available to play and cannot spend several hours doing this. Those are the only 2 statements you made that I disagree on . 

• Larry D Elliott
    Larry D Elliott
    Skilled Warrior
    DaAlamo said:
    oldtimes said:
    Let's not forget that the "new" unit will be the ones needed to complete the "new unit" 150 bases that come out after each event. So to say players can pick and choose what units they want to obtain and upgrade is not the slightest bit true. The company has made it so that to stay VIABLE in the game you must have the newest units and you must upgrade them immediately upon obtaining them or you will not be successful in the subsequent events. We see this with the technical in this event.

The true ability for players to upgrade units that match their playing styles has gone away from this game. To say someone does not have to play the faction track is a falsehood as well. Yes, technically you are not literally forced to play them, but let's be honest the main track prizes suck and have for many events. 

My coining had SEVERELY reduced and PVP is almost non-existent any more.
    Very very good point I totally agree with you

• Amaon-Nature
    Amaon-Nature
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 181
    edited 27 Nov 2017, 3:22PM
    Tony8808 said:
    Phil, are you seriously saying that the Survivor 60 is too difficult? Did Liberators and Hammers suddenly stop existing? Are you crazy implying that a player should be able to do this base with only Bonesaws? I see so many ways to pick off this base with basic generation 1 survivor units that it boggles my mind how you can claim this base is too hard.

The Railgun is dead once you blow up the Vercraft missile building behind the command center. The Gogo Bar and Defense Lab can be sniped with Bonesaws or Hammers followed by our favorite friend, the End Attack button. Taking down the radio towers on the 4 corners of this base allows the use of stealth Detonaters. You can pick off units and turrets around the outside of the base with Bonesaws and then suicide them to take out weak key targets like power plants and watchtowers. You can have Hammers/Roland in the front constantly moving to tank and dodge shots while Liberators and Disrupters deal damage/shock/scramble. Heck, taking out the missile silos and the Railgun lets you use the War Rig to run through most of the base. Even at lvl 1, it is still a very usable unit.

If all else fails, a player can simply spam stealth missiles at this base, since there is no anti-missile bastion in this base.

I agree the Survivor 80 is challenging. I also think it is completely optional to do. The only thing a player really misses out on from skipping Survivor 80 is the trophy. Everything else can be acquired through grinding once a player beats Survivor 60 and gets the reset token. For the record, I find this last mission doable, but I do have the big toys to carry me through. If a player does not have the big toys (Weaver, platoon of Technicals, War Rig), do you really think they should be able to do the last final completely optional mission easily?

I am not going to go too much into the trophy change, but my opinion is that if you can't beat the last mission, a cosmetic is the least of your worries. You might want to spend that XP on units and techs instead of something with no value in battle. Of course, I do approve of free trophy after finishing the last mission.

Cave bases are annoying, but trying to beat bases with a limited arsenal is also a challenge itself. Using only Ardra, Jug, Herald is pretty boring and hardly what I would consider the epitome of skill. Obviously my opinion on this is going to be biased since I have the big toys. Regardless, saying that the faction missions are not "skill based" is an insult to the players that are able to beat them.

I'm neutral regarding support turrets. They are interesting additions but have a lot of potential for frustrations.

Difficulty curve is too subjective for me to comment on.

You decided to focus on the Jug. You will reap the rewards once the Sentinel faction track arrives. In the mean time, you will have to live with your decision and be at a disadvantage for this and next event.

The game is what you make of it. I spend more time than I would like to admit on this game but I haven't spent a single cent. I still enjoy and look forward to the changes. Kixeye certainly deserves criticisms. However, people really like to overlook the positives. Upgrade time were re-balanced for buildings and techs. Air units were moved out of the tech lab. Only a single Gen 2 unit gets released per event instead of two. Out of all the Gen 2 units released, 3 of them are infantry. Event defense waves can now be skipped.

TL;DR
    Honestly, if you are not having fun, you should just walk away. Games are meant to be enjoyed, and you clearly are not liking it. I simply cannot agree with most of your criticism. To me, this event is faster and more concise than previous ones, and is a considerable decrease in difficulty from those stupid yellow zombies.
    well done said, i think the realy hard base in this event is base 80, the rest was easy to normal for a high level player, i did the 80er and was frustrating about my repair times at the end but i was able to beat the last wave and everyone here can be happy that the restart token is not in the 80er base
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,710
    edited 26 Nov 2017, 7:23AM

The Immortal, Dr Phill. 
    Um...

Are you serious?  Look at the layout... There is NOTHING to stop you from using Maverick Missiles.   

LEVEL 60 EVENT BASE :
    • Drop 1 Maverick on the CC. It combined with the Rocket Silo explosion it will take out the CC and Rail Launcher
    • Drop 1 Maverick on the Orbital Bastion.   It combined with the Rocket Silo explosion it will take out the nearby Overwatch & Hunter.
    • Drop 3 to 4 Maverick on the remaining Overwatch.  It will take more than one due to the Absorption Turret.
    • Optional : Drop 1 Mav on the Go-Go Bar to eliminate the damage bonus just in case you mess up something here out..
    • Bring in Plat of Liberators and take out ALL THE REMAINING with very little damage ( nothing you can't just repair multiple  instantly ).
      • To kill the helicopters use the Liberators by placing 1 Lib out in front of the rest so if the helicopter gets shots off it only hits 1 lib.
    So if you analyse the base you I don't know how you can complain about this one ??

LEVEL 55 EVENT BASE : 
    • Sacrifice 1 Fury to take out the Anti-Missile Bastion,
    • You can do the ENTIRE base with 5 PK missiles and a couple of Fury's with no damage to them.

All the rest of the Bases Level 5 to Level 50 are pretty easy and don't really require anything special or maxed out.  And a lot of the work is done by cascading Rocket Silo explosions in many of the bases.

That means there is really no reason most everyone can't do up to Level 60 and get the RESTART TOKENS over and over.

OF COURSE the Level  Levels 65 and up are HARDER but not that bad for higher level players....

LEVEL 80 EVENT BASE :

The Level 80 is the hardest by far... its not for the lower level players ( yet they can get help with it still if they want ) and for the higher level player's since you DON'T NEED TO DO IT FOR A RESTART TOKEN then you only need to do it ONCE if you want the Trophy. 

I did the 80 with 
    • 1 Hammer  ( Level 8 ) 
    • 9 Technicals  ( Level 4 ) 
    • 1 Weaver  ( Level 1 ) 
    • 1 War Rig ( Level 4 ) .... I only used this at the end because I was running out of time...
      •  I lost about 1/2 of its health ( but I don't care because I don't use it for anything else.
    • Running an IT'S ELECTRIC Special Op.

SUMMERY

I don't think this was a hard event at all compared to past ones.  I like the fewer Missions a lot..  In fact I personally think this is one of the best events this year ( not including the incredibly high EXP Nightmare events ).

BY THE WAY, if lower level player need help on some of the bases there are a LOT LESS OF THEM so they would not need to ask as much.  But I don't think to many will need help to get thru Level 60 unless they don't have Mavericks then they can just ask someone to drop the required on the 60 for them.  

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 511
    edited 26 Nov 2017, 8:06AM
    I'm not the kind of player who like to talk crap about Kix but.
    Damnn this event sucks hard. I thought Roadkill was the worst but hell no, they made this one even worse
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • jerryA
    jerryA
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 333
    My issue is with kixeye using units in event bases and resource bases against use that we don't own or never will against us, for instance these thorium infused units, and the billy goat or what ever the nightmare looking one is has way to much range. We are already at there mercy with turrets out ranging our units and then add support turrets to that. I think they should have to use units that we deal with day in and day out not some thing they made up to exact more damage to use because they think it is funny or to dig deeper into players pockets. Another thing that bothers me is telling me what I can and can not use in these faction bases that just pisses me off to no end, in some instances it is like bringing a knife to a gun fight especially when most players have a certain way they play and certain units they favor. Alot of players would not build or keep half the units they have because they don't use them but they have to have them because kixeye ties there hands to have them for faction bases in events. Then players are screaming for more storage because we have to retain these units for future events and such but we have no space to build some of the new stuff we acquire or we can only build a few. So with all that being said I really do believe kixeye needs to take a step back and really think about some of these issues and decide what to do I know I am not happy with the things I said above and there more but that is for a different topic then this one 
  • PrestonIV
    PrestonIV
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 34

Well written but alas i fear tis falling on deaf ears :(

• GokuReborn
    GokuReborn
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 59
    HAT OFF to DR.PHILL but As far as i have seen that kixeye is deaf and blind when it comes to the players. 
    DARKSTORM A NEW HOPE FOR LOW LEVELS.  
  • TheImmortalDrPhill
    TheImmortalDrPhill
    Incursion Leader
    TroyW said:

The Immortal, Dr Phill. 
    Um...

Are you serious?  Look at the layout... There is NOTHING to stop you from using Maverick Missiles.   

LEVEL 60 EVENT BASE :
    • Drop 1 Maverick on the CC. It combined with the Rocket Silo explosion it will take out the CC and Rail Launcher
    • Drop 1 Maverick on the Orbital Bastion.   It combined with the Rocket Silo explosion it will take out the nearby Overwatch & Hunter.
    • Drop 3 to 4 Maverick on the remaining Overwatch.  It will take more than one due to the Absorption Turret.
    • Optional : Drop 1 Mav on the Go-Go Bar to eliminate the damage bonus just in case you mess up something here out..
    • Bring in Plat of Liberators and take out ALL THE REMAINING with very little damage ( nothing you can't just repair multiple  instantly ).
      • To kill the helicopters use the Liberators by placing 1 Lib out in front of the rest so if the helicopter gets shots off it only hits 1 lib.
    So if you analyse the base you I don't know how you can complain about this one ??

LEVEL 55 EVENT BASE : 
    • You can do the ENTIRE base with 5 PK missiles and a couple of Fury's with no damage to them.

All the rest of the Bases Level 5 to Level 50 are pretty easy and don't really require anything special or maxed out.  And a lot of the work is done by cascading Rocket Silo explosions in many of the bases.

That means there is really no reason most everyone can't do up to Level 60 and get the RESTART TOKENS over and over.

OF COURSE the Level  Levels 65 and up are HARDER but not that bad for higher level players....

LEVEL 80 EVENT BASE :

The Level 80 is the hardest by far... its not for the lower level players ( yet they can get help with it still if they want ) and for the higher level player's since you DON'T NEED TO DO IT FOR A RESTART TOKEN then you only need to do it ONCE if you want the Trophy. 

I did the 80 with 
    • 1 Hammer  ( Level 8 ) 
    • 1 Weaver  ( Level 1 ) 
    • 1 War Rig ( Level 4 ) .... I only used this at the end because I was running out of time...
      •  I lost about 1/2 of its health ( but I don't care because I don't use it for anything else.

SUMMERY

I don't think this was a hard event at all compared to past ones.  I like the fewer Missions a lot..  In fact I personally think this is one of the best events this year ( not including the incredibly high EXP Nightmare events ).

BY THE WAY, if lower level player need help on some of the bases there are a LOT LESS OF THEM so they would not need to ask as much.  But I don't think to many will need help to get thru Level 60 unless they don't have Mavericks then they can just ask someone to drop the required on the 60 for them.  
    exactly DR pusss puss quit whining and just play the game (oh my friend you called a hack got his base fixed the next day so next time before you cry hacker know what your talking about)
    1. Event discussion thread, your kind is not welcome here. 
    2. It has nothing to do with "whining" 
    3. As for your "friend" That has no place here. 
    4. Flagging my discussion as abuse, ironically for you, is an abuse of the flagging system. 

So next time before you open your mouth, think about what you're saying. 

• HotSausage
    HotSausage
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 390

@TroyW said:
    TheImmortalDrPhill said:

The Immortal, Dr Phill. 

Um...

LEVEL 60 EVENT BASE :

LEVEL 55 EVENT BASE : 

LEVEL 80 EVENT BASE :

I did the 80 with 

• 1 Hammer  ( Level 8 ) 

• 1 Weaver  ( Level 1 ) 

SUMMERY

I presume there max level the pk missles

• FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 478
    edited 26 Nov 2017, 9:00PM
    Very well penned Phil. The caves bit was especially accurate, I find that I almost never like cave bases myself... I certainly do not want four or five of them in one event. The first positive note I have, is that they awarded training tokens half way through the faction track. Got my Liberators up another level. But otherwise, I am struggling to find positives. The reduction in length was nice-ish, sure it doesn't take as long but the repairs are ridiculous if you're not careful... and nobody knows the right tactics to use on day one. The bombs were a nice touch. The emphasis on the Technical, a unit we just got last event was not, because not everyone has them. I'm lucky, I have a full platoon of them to use with my War Rig... so I've been fine. But anyone without them is going to feel Kixeye's hand really squeeze them if try to get far enough for the restart token. I took base 60 and stopped right there. Considering 65, but it's not looking too appealing just for a few single use Max units and a smidgeon of extra XP. I'll admit I like the restart token being given out earlier. I'm a strong player, but not enough to finish the entire event usually... so normally I'm limited to how much XP I can get. But I always make it 3/4 of the way, so this means many good things for folks like me inching our way towards peak strength. However, that's me. I do think the difficulty curve is in need of better handling. It's a cake walk... then a walk through a jungle, with tribals hunting you and you've caught some kinda virus that makes you see funny colors and Corrupted Militia every fifteen seconds. In the base. By your units. In your sleep.

I'll shut up now.
    (Death Metal Playing In The Background)

War Commander - Level 42
    Vega Conflict - Level 36
    Battle Pirates - Who cares?
  • TheImmortalDrPhill
    TheImmortalDrPhill
    Incursion Leader
    For the most part, though some agree and some do not, which is fine. I don't expect everyone to agree with what i've stated. 

The object of using missiles is to only really use one or two missiles in certain spots and not PK spam or Mav spam a base to death. The grind for res and thorium ontop of building the units is a pain in the ****. Yes, that can be done, i just don't see the point in having to do a base that way. 

Highlighting the 60 wasn't just for my own benefit. It was for the players who can't get there or can't get past it. Yes, they can get help, but getting help doesn't learn anything at the end of it. Then other players complain about this base because they never learned to do it for themselves. in that base alone, is 6 mavricks, at 60 mill each res and 3 million thor. That's a lot of res and thor to waste in one base and isn't a viable alternative. 

I ran right up to the 60, did the base and restarted. Other players don't have the luxury of doing that. I have a lot of level 1 vehicles because of the Jug upgrade that needed to get done.  Is it my fault? Absolutely. i could have spent time on other units first but i concentrated on one unit, much like i concentrated on the herald to 20 and blackout to 20. When certain units are at a level where i can tech them up right, i'll go back to moving the herald closer to omega before the new unit comes out. 

I'm not going out directly to say players don't have the skill to take down some of kixeyes more challenging bases and there are players out there who do this a **** sight better than i ever will. Faction waves have always been a stickler for me. Ever since they were announced i thought they were a bad idea. I still think that way. limiting the tools a player can use to take on a base just doesn't sit well with me. It shadows the cave base that goes with that. I've not used hammers or detonators in any of these bases. My hammers are still low and die fairly quickly. So i tend to stick to ardra for tanking units, but she's not a survivor unit so i have to find other options. Which usually entail taking more damage than i deem acceptable. 
    Other people have other ideas about acceptable damage than i do and that's also fine. 

I wrote this to leave what i thought to be honest feedback. If you agree, thats fine. If you don't that's fine to. 
  • SAGITAIRE43
    SAGITAIRE43
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 12
    6 techs do  first 3 factions so easy enough ....base 80 i say is the money grab again we all knew support turrets will go in kixeye favour as they have no limit on turrets while players lose defence turrets to set them which wont change till we get more turret bases to build the way it should of been in the first place .....as for main track only last 3 will give big damage if done wrong but can be picked apart .
  • NemesisDarkly
    NemesisDarkly
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,285

Send Liberators in groups of 3 into the middle of the base and move in behind them with Technicals or Hammers. 30 dead Liberators isn't a short repair but it's better than dead Hammers, Technicals or War Rig. Most people have Liberators to spare as well so you can restart and keep going while they repair or repair them overnight or one by one.
    Screw Libs, just use Weaver.

I do the whole base with just Weaver an Tech's. It takes me about 15 mins but its free rep.
    Send in Weaver at a 45 degree angle to your Techs ( so the billygoat fire doesn't land on them as well) let sheild come up then move in with Techs.
    You can take out 2-3 turrets (or 2 turrets an Drone silo) in one run then end attack before shield runs down and send Weaver for a quick rep.
    Repeat that 3-4 times for the Avalanches Rail's Overwatches while picking off any loose tanks an militia in between using Weaver.
    It's a lil bit of a pain sending Weaver home 3-4 times but alot better and quicker than having hours of rep on Libs.