Is DreamCat the only hope for sustainable content and conversation in Off-Topic?

DreamCat
DreamCat
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,947
edited 21 Nov 2017, 7:55PM

Is DreamCat the only hope for sustainable content and conversation in Off-Topic? 5 votes

Yes.
0%
I don't want to admit it but the statistics don't lie. He is.
40%
YardInitial_Degeneration 2 votes
The idea posed by this poll is egregiously conceited but factual.
20%
Jeff Gao 2 1 vote
Bacon (codeword for "I secretly draw fanart of DreamCat making cat poses.")
20%
No..Beard 1 vote
Why did you need to make a poll when everybody already knew it was true?
20%
MX36 1 vote
I'm an unintelligent buffoon but I still know that DreamCat is Off-Topic's one true hope.
0%
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 323
    Considering how well my discussion did on those KIXEYE projects behind the scenes, JigglyPuffs post about selling BYM and BYM:U did, and Axels post on the censored rulebook, Imma say no lol.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6,145
    Considering how well my discussion did on those KIXEYE projects behind the scenes, JigglyPuffs post about selling BYM and BYM:U did, and Axels post on the censored rulebook, Imma say no lol.
    There will at least come one new headline before 2018. Should we create a thread discussing one of the most famous kixeye employees who did recently betrayal us and go to the universally loved company called EA?
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Quality poll. Three comments and none of us voted.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 21 Nov 2017, 9:08PM
    Axel L said:
    There will at least come one new headline before 2018. Should we create a thread discussing one of the most famous kixeye employees who did recently betrayal us and go to the universally loved company called EA?
    The man hardly betrayed anyone if yo think about it Axel. He just made the extremely poor decision to leave the hellhole called KIXEYE to work at the sh*thole called EA. I wonder what his thought process was behind that decision? Hmm...
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    The man hardly betrayed anyone if yo think about it Axel. He just made the extremely poor decision to leave the hellhole called KIXEYE to work at the sh*thole called EA. I wonder what his thought process was behind that decision? Hmm...
    It's most likely that we will never know why he made that decision. Have you seen one of the most recent videos by The Act Man where he discuss how stupid EA are.

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 21 Nov 2017, 10:09PM
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    It's most likely that we will never know why he made that decision. Have you seen one of the most recent videos by The Act Man where he discuss how stupid EA are.
    https://youtu.be/Uv894n2TQ_E
    Nah. I'll make sure to give it a watch. I am aware that EA has become outstandingly unpopular over the recent years.
    So much so its become commonplace to state that you can't spell "Steal" with EA lol.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 21 Nov 2017, 10:16PM
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Nah. I'll make sure to give it a watch. I am aware that EA has become outstandingly unpopular over the recent years.
    So much so its become commonplace to state that you can't spell "Steal" with EA lol.
    The have also made one of the most famous reddit comments in addition to that. I think it has a score of -674,847 as we speak.

Here is a link to the super famous comment.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/?context=3

Finally here is exactly what EA wrote.

EACommunityTeam said:

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

• DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Boom. I make a topic and see what happens? Magic.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    The have also made one of the most famous reddit comments in addition to that. I think it has a score of -674,847 as we speak.

Here is a link to the super famous comment.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/?context=3

Finally here is exactly what EA wrote.

EACommunityTeam said:

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

Heard about that too. It'd be hard to miss considering how historic it was lol.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,772
    I found DreamCat's Kryptonite: 

• MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,772
    He's trying to break a Guinness World Record.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    MX36 said:
    He's trying to break a Guinness World Record.
    For what? Poor decision making?
  • Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,846
    hahaha the last few weeks on reddit been a **** hole of people **** on EA

"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment" love this line

• Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    ALso, who bounced from kixeye to EA? was it sulaco? :no_mouth:

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    I was taking about the famous Nick Huggett (aka SWAG) who is Community Engagement Strategist at EA.

Here is the source: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicknhuggett/
  • Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    I was taking about the famous Nick Huggett (aka SWAG) who is Community Engagement Strategist at EA.

I thought he went to zynga

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:

He did at least decide to support a company with a customer satisfaction value close to zero. Who else would make the post popular reddit post.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    hahaha the last few weeks on reddit been a **** hole of people **** on EA

"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment" love this line
    I remember that line. Its so fantastic with how utterly stupid it sounds. Whoever thinks players will feel proud after grinding out like, what was it? 40 hours for one bloody_ character? Haha, what were they on when they wrote that?Initial_Degeneration said:
    Axel L said:

What made you think that?
  • Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    i dunno i think i read it somewhere, probably got them mixed up

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    i dunno i think i read it somewhere, probably got them mixed up
    Maybe that's where Sulaco went lol, instead of SWAG. We may know for soon, I found his LinkedIn page here.
    No updates so far though on Sulaco's new employment. What do you suppose is gonna happen to him?
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,763
    edited 29 Nov 2017, 5:40AM
    Bacon (codeword for "I secretly draw fanart of DreamCat making cat poses.")
    You worded this poll option almost like it was a bad thing ...?

Supernatural - Sam Winchester Moose Cat by sparkeythehamster

Image result for cat moose cartoon

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,800

That second one kind of looks like a fox.

• DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    A high caliber catman doesn't vote on his own poll.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    DreamCat said:
    So you don't want to admit what is written in the poll.

At least we managed to make the creator disagree on his/her own poll. Then I have to finally say that it will be nearly impossible to get me to vote as the options do only show 1 side of the color spectrum. However, I cannot tell if it's the infrared och ultraviolet side of the spectrum.
  • DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    DreamCat said:
    So you don't want to admit what is written in the poll.

At least we managed to make the creator disagree on his/her own poll. Then I have to finally say that it will be nearly impossible to get me to vote as the options do only show 1 side of the color spectrum. However, I cannot tell if it's the infrared och ultraviolet side of the spectrum.
    I can admit the premise of the poll without tainting the authenticity of the voting process.