2»
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 325
    edited 23 Nov 2017, 3:46PM
    Axel L said:
    Yard said:

I do, and it is, like Thane said. I tend to use my phone a lot more these days though and I wish that translated well into Kixeye's site.

You could attempt on getting a new computer.
    Kind of an obvious solution there Axel.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,801

@Thane_Mantis said:
    Yard said:

I do, and it is, like Thane said. I tend to use my phone a lot more these days though and I wish that translated well into Kixeye's site.

Just out of curiosity Yard, what kind of phone do you have? And laptop if you don't mind me asking?

My laptop is a Lenovo g-somethingorother, a g50 I think. My phone is a Sony Xperia.

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 23 Nov 2017, 7:32PM
    Yard said:

My laptop is a Lenovo g-somethingorother, a g50 I think. My phone is a Sony Xperia.

This one?
    Yard said:
    My phone is a Sony Xperia.
    You know a few weeks back I was spending a bunch of time looking for a new phone to replace my ageing Moto G2 and one of the line-ups I did spend some time looking at was the Xperia line for awhile. I didn't go for one in the end, but out of curiosity, are Sony's phones any good? Also, which Xperia did you get specifically? (If you know lol.)
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,801

@Thane_Mantis said:
    Yard said:

This one?
    Yard said:
    My phone is a Sony Xperia.

You know a few weeks back I was spending a bunch of time looking for a new phone to replace my ageing Moto G2 and one of the line-ups I did spend some time looking at was the Xperia line for awhile. I didn't go for one in the end, but out of curiosity, are Sony's phones any good? Also, which Xperia did you get specifically? (If you know lol.)

I think that's the laptop, there were a lot in the g series that were nearly identical. I like Sony's phones, at least the Xperia models. I had an E3, so it's a bit old, but other than it being out of spec, which is simply due to its age, I have no problems with it.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6,166
    edited 23 Nov 2017, 10:44PM
    Axel L said:
    Yard said:

You could attempt on getting a new computer.
    Kind of an obvious solution there Axel.
    The most obvious solutions to a problem are usually the solutions to a problem that are hardest to find.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Yard said:

I think that's the laptop, there were a lot in the g series that were nearly identical. I like Sony's phones, at least the Xperia models. I had an E3, so it's a bit old, but other than it being out of spec, which is simply due to its age, I have no problems with it.

That's cool. You're lucky yours seems to be doing alright despite its old specs. My old Moto G2 which has the same processor and RAM as yours it seems began to really fail hard after a few years of me having it. Heck, it once slowed down to the point it gave me an error message saying "System UI has stopped working." So yeah, its cool and I'd say your lucky your phone continues to work well.

Sidenote: I tried factory resetting the damned thing not too long after I got an upgrade just to see if it made any difference, and whilst the slowdown seems to be solved somewhat (the bootup time magically halved from 65 seconds to around 30 for example) it still has some issues I don't think I can really solve. Shame too, I did quite like my faithful G2, but I think it was sort of outdone you might say by the apps and games I wanted to play on it. Too demanding and all that. Still a decent phone though otherwise, and I expect it was alot better for its time.
2»