Official Time Token RIOT Discussion Thread

• sdrawkcaBssA
    sdrawkcaBssA
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 95
    wow a positive....refit tokens!!! that is unless they screw the event with stupid fleets no one wants to hit...fingers crossed

• ChainSawzBob
    ChainSawzBob
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 53
    WOW....something good for a change? Will wonders never cease.
    I don't want to grow up, there is no future in it....just death.
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,164
    wow a positive....refit tokens!!! that is unless they screw the event with stupid fleets no one wants to hit...fingers crossed

Look up the DC Platoon fleet, that's what it'll be, despite its incorrect label. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer.

• Phil Hotka
    Phil Hotka
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 73
    4 days off my build? Nice!  I'm excited!  Good work!
  • THE TURK
    THE TURK
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 3
    can we convert extra points...?????

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,459
    THE TURK said:
    can we convert extra points...?????

There will be a prize exchange if you manage to score more than 2 million points.
    Alien Target Infographs: http://tinyurl.com/y8mjea5h
    Show of Mod Powers: http://gph.is/2ucUEogimage
  • Tacocop
    Tacocop
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 8

Lol why do the event fleets spawn so close? You are always going to get hit by the spectres, especially when you're setting up a battleship line. Another event that needs a rework, kixeye. Bring it back to the old event ways, where it's fun

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Tacocop said:

Lol why do the event fleets spawn so close? You are always going to get hit by the spectres, especially when you're setting up a battleship line. Another event that needs a rework, kixeye. Bring it back to the old event ways, where it's fun

Watch videos from the Devastation event, these fleet are old and can be done with ease. 

• Venyto Camela
    Venyto Camela
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 89
    I don´t want to seem fussy ... but when the "spectre wings" have had more life than a "yellowjacket Drone II" or a "Redhawk Drone"? ... because my mk4 suppressor with about 1600 dps can not destroy them.

Also ... if the "spectre wings" are "base squadrons", which the players can not equip in their carriers, why can the DC fleets?
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 720
    I don´t want to seem fussy ... but when the "spectre wings" have had more life than a "yellowjacket Drone II" or a "Redhawk Drone"? ... because my mk4 suppressor with about 1600 dps can not destroy them.

Also ... if the "spectre wings" are "base squadrons", which the players can not equip in their carriers, why can the DC fleets?
    How are you so certain they are the wings? We got spectre squads too, that we can equip to carriers.
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 631
    edited 13 Nov 2017, 1:55AM
    I don't find the Spectre Squadrons particularly tough?

Actually what I find is the fleets are kinda easy, and the event is a bit of a boring grind because the most you can get per hit is only 60k. 34 hits to get 2 million points...  I guess it could be worse
  • Joel Reynolds
    Joel Reynolds
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1
    34 max level attacks? time for a long night
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 287

I have no idea what you are using, but I use two anni's, two vector hellfires and one vector vigi along with the paladin,  and its free rep everytime. 
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,276
    It is a stupid event, why you made it so hard, I am taking 10 minutes damage on my fleets, and I am flying level 84 in AI against a 60... Kixeye, you have no respect for the player base :wink:
  • Rogue Trooper45
    Rogue Trooper45
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 89
    Great prizes, thank you.
  • ChainSawzBob
    ChainSawzBob
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 53

Andrea Nard1 said:
    It is a stupid event, why you made it so hard, I am taking 10 minutes damage on my fleets, and I am flying level 84 in AI against a 60... Kixeye, you have no respect for the player base :wink:
    maybe you just don't have the right build?  ;)

I don't want to grow up, there is no future in it....just death.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,433
    Well I really hope this RIOT run proves a success because I really like these time token riots. Short, highly useful prizes, and tough but fun DC fleets. Last time I stopped at 1 million just piloting 65s, but this time I was able to hit the 2m within 2 hours play by piloting 65s and concurrently autoing 40-50 with two other xeno/axis fleets. 
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 239
    @CM Chris  if these riots are going to be a recurring thing going forward, can you ask the dev team to update the res ratios to 40/40/20 or whatever they are normally nowadays?  I'd like to be getting more than 1.5 mil ore for a 65 please and thank you.
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    ChalkSix said:
    @CM Chris  if these riots are going to be a recurring thing going forward, can you ask the dev team to update the res ratios to 40/40/20 or whatever they are normally nowadays?  I'd like to be getting more than 1.5 mil ore for a 65 please and thank you.
    The proper ratio is 35/35/30, and I doubt that the ratio will be adjusted. Much like the Crossfire fleet, it's old/recycled data. 

On another hand, it is annoying to hit just one specific fleet for this "Riot". If it were following the traditional rules, it'd make people much happier. 

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,276
    ChalkSix said:
    The proper ratio is 35/35/30, and I doubt that the ratio will be adjusted. Much like the Crossfire fleet, it's old/recycled data. 

On another hand, it is annoying to hit just one specific fleet for this "Riot". If it were following the traditional rules, it'd make people much happier. 
    Grab as much res as you can, was posted long ago that this riots will not have exchange
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    ChalkSix said:

Grab as much res as you can, was posted long ago that this riots will not have exchange
    While that was stated in the past, it did in fact have an exchange at the end. So, it would be wise to collect as much points as possibly for a potential exchange. Collecting your derelicts will also help, despite them being H3 heavy. 

• Kereg the Fallen
    Kereg the Fallen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 146

I would like to see some sort of higher level fleets being offered. This event is just working with fleets that are lower levels but tuned for higher DPS. Why not actually make the lvl 65 fleet DPS similar to other 65s or just raise the **** level? Was interesting to compare that an ancient reaper gave less damage to a punisher than the "65s" flying around in these riots.

At least the double tokens is better than past riots but as stated about past ones, not a real riot. It has specified targets. More like a skirmish, lol.

For the mighty Pangolin
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 287

I would like to see some sort of higher level fleets being offered. This event is just working with fleets that are lower levels but tuned for higher DPS. Why not actually make the lvl 65 fleet DPS similar to other 65s or just raise the **** level? Was interesting to compare that an ancient reaper gave less damage to a punisher than the "65s" flying around in these riots.

At least the double tokens is better than past riots but as stated about past ones, not a real riot. It has specified targets. More like a skirmish, lol.

These fleets are from a previous event and are very doable with battleships. Cruisers are not suited for the event. You need to be using the right ships and actual piloting will be needed. 
  • horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 68
    Good: Enough 65s spawn, thanks you.
    Bad: Little ore in the fleets, boring grind.
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 425

Riot done with spare 500k in case there is a res exchange. Hitting raiders 50 with 2 mke exterminators with xeno shatter, 1 mke pun with xeno dis cannons, 1 mke surpressor with xeno seekers and mk4 paladin with hunters and yellowjackets. In box formation with destroyers in slot 1 and 3, pun in slot 2, paladin behind pun and surpressor either side of paladin. AI off, no movement at all. Bam insta repair. 2 million in 6 hours.

• SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,143
    That is good - I typically make 5-6 fleets of a xeno/DC mix and hit all kinds of levels, but I have to use ai because I'm always in sector moving my 4-6 fleets around. This event kind of stops that method,  but I do have one auto fleet going while I hit 65s :p 
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Kereg the Fallen
    Kereg the Fallen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 146
    edited 13 Nov 2017, 4:26PM

These fleets are from a previous event and are very doable with battleships. Cruisers are not suited for the event. You need to be using the right ships and actual piloting will be needed. 
    Did I say I was having trouble with them? Did I say I was only using cruisers? No. 

I said it was interesting to see that a cruiser, made to be bait, took less damage from an ancient repaer 80 than a 65 Demon Corp Fleet. I am stating DPS seems to be tuned differently for these fleets compared to other similar level fleets from other events. 

***Edit
    So that being said, am I the only one that thinks these fleets tend to pack more of a punch than other 65 comparatively? Just seems odd to me. Then again, with the direction going towards mobile users for the game, this event puzzles me in general for how it is built.
    For the mighty Pangolin
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Skilled Warrior

@SteelSteve said:
    That is good - I typically make 5-6 fleets of a xeno/DC mix and hit all kinds of levels, but I have to use ai because I'm always in sector moving my 4-6 fleets around. This event kind of stops that method,  but I do have one auto fleet going while I hit 65s :smile:

I have my guardian/enforcer/paladin mix but use that for alien and deceiver events. The fleet use above is for farming, planet/strike and riots.

• Mystical
    Mystical
    Tribune
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 30
    This event needs 70+ fleets to speed up progress because it takes too long.
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Skilled Warrior

@Mystical said:
    This event needs 70+ fleets to speed up progress because it takes too long.

Riots of old never had above 65, not since I have been playing since mid last year