PVE vs PVP

BladeStorm3
BladeStorm3
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 1

I have a suggestion for the game. I’m not interested in PVP but I genuinely like the PVE events. Would it be possible to establish some sectors as PVE only so that people can enjoy themselves while they level up and not be compelled to PVP.

Meanwhile, having other sectors be more PVP focused (perhaps even exclusively) for those who enjoy it. I believe it would offer almost every player a more favorable playing experience while setting up a platform to add new content to the game for both PVE and PVPers.

• pencildick
    pencildick
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 12
    Sorry but I'm missing something here but why level up if a person is not interested in what the game was designed for. I'm not have a crack at you Blade everyone to their own. Events have become boring as watching grass grow my opinion only. :)
  • pencildick
    pencildick
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 12

ohh sorry but the later part of your post blade has good merit though

• mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,137

I have a suggestion for the game. I’m not interested in PVP but I genuinely like the PVE events. Would it be possible to establish some sectors as PVE only so that people can enjoy themselves while they level up and not be compelled to PVP.

Meanwhile, having other sectors be more PVP focused (perhaps even exclusively) for those who enjoy it. I believe it would offer almost every player a more favorable playing experience while setting up a platform to add new content to the game for both PVE and PVPers.

You could try the chinese servers.  While we are currently invading those, the Chinese generally see farming as the pinnacle of the game.
    "Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.
  • mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,137
    edited 12 Nov 2017, 9:41PM
    Sorry but I'm missing something here but why level up if a person is not interested in what the game was designed for. I'm not have a crack at you Blade everyone to their own. Events have become boring as watching grass grow my opinion only. :)
    I would disargee with you on that the game is designed for PvP.  It simply has PvP elements that drew a wide audience.  Since then the company has focused on PvE.  Designing events that shut out F2P and limit ones ability to take part in PvP if you choose to compete on the grand stage of this RTS game. 

Instead, the devs have largely focused at generating income based on PvE events.  Ignoring the PvP has cost the game dearly the game simply lacks the fun and excitement of RTS. 

I am sad to say, we have a farming game with the heart of a wolf.  Until the deves stop trying to glue wool on this wolf, the game will lack the fun and excitement of it initially had. 

A matter of fact, here is a motivational music for the endless non-event events that take place in VC to listen to while you enjoy the PvE centric game development in a PvP enviroment

"Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,059
    I don't know Mason I kinda disagree with you.   

This game has always kinda been PVE based with PVP elements tacked on.   

Grinding Cargo fleets to get res to make bigger ships.   PVE Element
    Grinding Cargo fleets to get BP's  PVE Element.  
    Using Miners to get res...  Non specific game mechanic.  
    Hitting bases to get res...  PVP element, but very one sided as the base owner has no input other than what defensive weapons, shields and armors are on his base.  Everything else is handled by a shoddy AI.  
    Hitting other player's fleets....  The only real PVP element in the game.  Problem is, all the other elements in the game.  The PVE Based ones and the Base hitting give you rewards to move you up in the game progression.  Hitting other people's fleets doesn't.  In fact all you come back with is repairs to either watch happen in real time as you chat with buddies, or coin.  

Seriously the game never had a strong PVP element.   I will agree it was fun when repair times weren't 12 to 24 hours, but as soon as that started to climb, people stopped playing that element.  There really isn't and never was a compelling reason to engage in fleet combat.  It was pretty much supposed to be used as a defensive measure to keep people from your base.  It was never intended to be the main, driving mechanic in the game.  But the biggest mistake Kixeye made was not having a solid progression plan mapped out before the great rebalance.   

Just saying. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,785
    The game is not a PvP game at all. All advancement except for the few people able to bot-farm millions of points in the CWs is achieved through PvE, therefore the game is all about PvE, with an optional PvP piece bolted on. Until PvP becomes the primary means for advancing in the game, it cannot be considered a PvP-oriented game.

All you get for PvP is repair time for both you and your victims... PvP is solely there to encourage people to coin more repairs.