The Culling

Nicholas Soong
Nicholas Soong
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 157
I do not claim to be a good writer in fact even as I started typing the first part of this short story adaptation of the outrage that the community has shown this past 7 days I cant help but cringe at the **** quality of my writing. So I decided to just do the adaptation for Nov 1st 2017 when the update is released. This is not meant to throw Shade at anyone it is just merely for fun. Feel Free to add the subsequent days if you like.
Hmm, what wacky thing should I say? Oh Sod it I can't be bothered of thinking something smart to say.
  • Nicholas Soong
    Nicholas Soong
    Minor Nuisance

November 1st, 2017

Captain Harlock: It would seem that Greta has set up some new research installations in Forsaken Territory.

Admiral Brennus: Yes… these installations don’t seem any more different than the ones we have already encountered their layout however is slightly different.

Captain Harlock: I suppose we should notify all the other Captains about these installations and let them engage at will.

Admiral Brennus: Looks can often be deceiving, we should send some Garrison and Generalist class repair modules to aid our Captains should they run into trouble.

Captain Harlock: That is generous of you Admiral but a wise move I suppose…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Meanwhile in a Research Garrison lvl 115)

Greta Spader: These new installations better be an improvement over the last ones…. I am a busy woman and I do not appreciate my time being wasted.

Unknown Scientist: Yes of course, we have improved the capabilities of our Coldsnap turrets to be able to outrange all the Forsaken technology. We have also increased the destructive capabilities of our missile turrets to more than double their damage output.

Greta Spader: I hope the improvements your team made work…. For your sake. If the forsaken somehow continue to destroy our installations without so much as a scratch… I will personally see to it that you die a long and painful death.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in Sector 246 a group of 20 captains gather around a meeting table.

Eliza: Looks like the boss man has scouted out some new Draconian installations for us to have fun with.

Todd: Yes, a list of coordinates for the new targets and quite a few class specific repair modules. These new targets must be tough if they gave us repair modules.

Frank: You are overthinking it my friend, our Monoliths and Icebreakers have yet to fail us in these Draconian installations why worry?

Todd: You and Eliza have Monoliths and Icebreaker fleets the rest of us only have Zelos and Empyreans!

Eliza: Todd, if the Zelos and Empyreans cannot handle the Draconian installations would you and the others still be here having this conversation?

Frank: Oh give them a break Eliza, they are always nervous when the Draconians have some new toys. Let them blow a couple of installations up and they will be right as rain.

Eliza: I suppose you are right.. Well we have some targets to blow up, good luck all of you.

As Eliza’s words draw close, all the captains including Eliza herself leave the conference room and head for their respective ships. Eliza’s Monolith fleet is quite impressive indeed boasting a total of 40 Siege Mortars and a special Monolith flagship designed by Gridiron that can destroy any Draconian Installation without so much as a scratch. As Eliza boarded her prized flagship Monolith she turns and looks as Captain Frank boards his prized flagship: An Icebreaker customized by Lord Vassago himself. As if he somehow knew he was being watched, Frank turned and flashed a smile back at Eliza. Smiling, Eliza heads towards the bridge of her most impressive “Gridiron” Monolith.

Eliza: Set course for these coordinates: 147241,518.

Random Crew Member: Coordinates set captain!

Eliza: Then let’s head out. Captain Frank and Captain Todd will be joining us for this incursion.

Sometime later Captains Eliza, Frank and Todd arrive at Coordinates: 147241,518. (A level 115 Research Garrison)

Eliza: The installation does not look that threatening, a few Coldsnaps, several Executioners, Arcs and Draconian Mortar Turrets.

Todd: Looks can be deceiving Eliza, we are old enough to know that.

Frank: Ha! If you are a little scared about scratched paint why don’t I lead the charge?

Todd: Well by all means Captain Frank, just don’t cry for help if things take a turn for the worse.

Frank: How many Draconian Installations have we blown up Todd? We have blown up enough to know that these are nothing but a joke… Eliza since you are not shivering in fear can you please give me some covering mortar fire?

Eliza: You know… providing mortar fire is what these Monoliths are designed for.

Frank did not even wait for Eliza to finish the sentence before ordering his fleet of Icebreakers to form up and started sailing towards the unassuming Draconian Installation.

Eliza: I guess this is where the fun begins.

Todd: I will hang back as second wave thank you very much.

As Frank’s Icebreakers neared the installation several Coldsnap Rocket Turrets without warning targets and opens fire on Frank’s Icebreakers.

Frank: What the hell?!

The rockets fired by the Coldsnap turret flies towards the helpless Icebreakers and explode with enough force that the shock wave from the explosions can be felt by the Monoliths’ Crew and they were very far back from the Icebreakers.

Eliza: Fire on those Coldsnaps! That idiot Frank is gonna get sunk if we allow this to continue.

Unknown Crew Member: We are not within Remote Targeting Range yet captain!

Eliza froze. Not within Remote Targeting range? This cannot be true.. Eliza was assured by Admiral Brennus and Captain Harlock that the Monolith was the best mortar ship to date and nothing could outrange its Remote Targeting module. Deep in thought Eliza barely noticed the explosions that signified the destruction of the Icebreaker Fleet.

Todd: Eliza! Frank’s fleet is gone! We need to retreat!

Eliza: No… we can do this Todd… we cannot allow Frank to die in vain. Go forth! my monoliths are ready to supp-

Eliza was cut off and was sent sprawling onto the floor of the bridge by an explosion that could only signify that the Coldsnap is now firing on her fleet.

Todd: Eliza! Don’t be stubborn and retreat! We need to regroup!

However it is too late, before Eliza can even stand up her vision became filled with fire and then… Nothing.

Todd cursed and ordered the retreat just as the first Coldsnap Rocket impacted his fleet of Zelos. The Coldsnap turret was relentless firing rocket after rocket at an unbelievable range and tearing apart ship after ship. The Zelos were trying to turn around and retreat but they are too close to the installation now as Executioner Missiles, Arc Missiles and Draconian Mortars start unloading their magazines at the helpless Zelos fleet. Todd stared in horror at the arriving onslaught. All hope... lost…...

Greta Spader watched from her Nuclear Cruiser as the improved turrets of the Draconian Installation erased the three forsaken fleets from this world.

Greta Spader: You have done admirable work indeed Doctor….. Most impressive.

Unknown Scientist: But of course, me and my team only exist to serve up perfection to you.

Greta Spader: I think it’s time I prepare my invasion. I trust you have managed to fabricate the hull I gave you the blueprints for?

Unknown Scientist: The five ships have been constructed and completely outfitted. They are ready for your expedition.

Hmm, what wacky thing should I say? Oh Sod it I can't be bothered of thinking something smart to say.
  • kalle.tap
    kalle.tap
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 60

November 1st, 2017

Captain Harlock: It would seem that Greta has set up some new research installations in Forsaken Territory.

Admiral Brennus: Yes… these installations don’t seem any more different than the ones we have already encountered their layout however is slightly different.

Captain Harlock: I suppose we should notify all the other Captains about these installations and let them engage at will.

Admiral Brennus: Looks can often be deceiving, we should send some Garrison and Generalist class repair modules to aid our Captains should they run into trouble.

Greta Spader: These new installations better be an improvement over the last ones…. I am a busy woman and I do not appreciate my time being wasted.

Unknown Scientist: Yes of course, we have improved the capabilities of our Coldsnap turrets to be able to outrange all the Forsaken technology. We have also increased the destructive capabilities of our missile turrets to more than double their damage output.

Greta Spader: I hope the improvements your team made work…. For your sake. If the forsaken somehow continue to destroy our installations without so much as a scratch… I will personally see to it that you die a long and painful death.

Eliza: Looks like the boss man has scouted out some new Draconian installations for us to have fun with.

Todd: Yes, a list of coordinates for the new targets and quite a few class specific repair modules. These new targets must be tough if they gave us repair modules.

Frank: You are overthinking it my friend, our Monoliths and Icebreakers have yet to fail us in these Draconian installations why worry?

Todd: You and Eliza have Monoliths and Icebreaker fleets the rest of us only have Zelos and Empyreans!

Eliza: Todd, if the Zelos and Empyreans cannot handle the Draconian installations would you and the others still be here having this conversation?

Frank: Oh give them a break Eliza, they are always nervous when the Draconians have some new toys. Let them blow a couple of installations up and they will be right as rain.

Eliza: I suppose you are right.. Well we have some targets to blow up, good luck all of you.

As Eliza’s words draw close, all the captains including Eliza herself leave the conference room and head for their respective ships. Eliza’s Monolith fleet is quite impressive indeed boasting a total of 40 Siege Mortars and a special Monolith flagship designed by Gridiron that can destroy any Draconian Installation without so much as a scratch. As Eliza boarded her prized flagship Monolith she turns and looks as Captain Frank boards his prized flagship: An Icebreaker customized by Lord Vassago himself. As if he somehow knew he was being watched, Frank turned and flashed a smile back at Eliza. Smiling, Eliza heads towards the bridge of her most impressive “Gridiron” Monolith.

Eliza: Then let’s head out. Captain Frank and Captain Todd will be joining us for this incursion.

Sometime later Captains Eliza, Frank and Todd arrive at Coordinates: 147241,518. (A level 115 Research Garrison)

Eliza: The installation does not look that threatening, a few Coldsnaps, several Executioners, Arcs and Draconian Mortar Turrets.

Frank: Ha! If you are a little scared about scratched paint why don’t I lead the charge?

Todd: Well by all means Captain Frank, just don’t cry for help if things take a turn for the worse.

Frank: How many Draconian Installations have we blown up Todd? We have blown up enough to know that these are nothing but a joke… Eliza since you are not shivering in fear can you please give me some covering mortar fire?

Eliza: You know… providing mortar fire is what these Monoliths are designed for.

Frank did not even wait for Eliza to finish the sentence before ordering his fleet of Icebreakers to form up and started sailing towards the unassuming Draconian Installation.

As Frank’s Icebreakers neared the installation several Coldsnap Rocket Turrets without warning targets and opens fire on Frank’s Icebreakers.

Frank: What the ****?!

The rockets fired by the Coldsnap turret flies towards the helpless Icebreakers and explode with enough force that the shock wave from the explosions can be felt by the Monoliths’ Crew and they were very far back from the Icebreakers.

Eliza: Fire on those Coldsnaps! That idiot Frank is gonna get sunk if we allow this to continue.

Eliza froze. Not within Remote Targeting range? This cannot be true.. Eliza was assured by Admiral Brennus and Captain Harlock that the Monolith was the best mortar ship to date and nothing could outrange its Remote Targeting module. Deep in thought Eliza barely noticed the explosions that signified the destruction of the Icebreaker Fleet.

Eliza: No… we can do this Todd… we cannot allow Frank to die in vain. Go forth! my monoliths are ready to supp-

Eliza was cut off and was sent sprawling onto the floor of the bridge by an explosion that could only signify that the Coldsnap is now firing on her fleet.

However it is too late, before Eliza can even stand up her vision became filled with fire and then… Nothing.

Todd cursed and ordered the retreat just as the first Coldsnap Rocket impacted his fleet of Zelos. The Coldsnap turret was relentless firing rocket after rocket at an unbelievable range and tearing apart ship after ship. The Zelos were trying to turn around and retreat but they are too close to the installation now as Executioner Missiles, Arc Missiles and Draconian Mortars start unloading their magazines at the helpless Zelos fleet. Todd stared in horror at the arriving onslaught. All hope... lost…...

Greta Spader watched from her Nuclear Cruiser as the improved turrets of the Draconian Installation erased the three forsaken fleets from this world.

Unknown Scientist: But of course, me and my team only exist to serve up perfection to you.

Greta Spader: I think it’s time I prepare my invasion. I trust you have managed to fabricate the hull I gave you the blueprints for?

Unknown Scientist: The five ships have been constructed and completely outfitted. They are ready for your expedition.

November 1st, 2017

Frank: What the ****?!

Intresting.........
  • Nicholas Soong
    Nicholas Soong
    Minor Nuisance
    kalle.tap said:
    Intresting.........
    I did say I was not a good writer and its my first time lol... feel free to add to it
  • Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,745
    This little short story earns my stamp of approval. Both for good writing and perfectly capturing eurbody's grief at the new targets. :p

Screw the rules, I'm Pinkie Pie. =3
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 60
    i feel broken after reading this :# send repair tokens 
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • Nicholas Soong
    Nicholas Soong
    Minor Nuisance

@Alexa the BAE said:
    i feel broken after reading this :# send repair tokens 

Can’t tell if that is a compliment or a drag... but just in case it’s a drag I will re emphasize I am not a good writer I already knew that fact as I created whatever that was up there. Feel free to add the subsequent days.