Kixeye, Time to turn on Advertising?

Revann
Revann
Master Tactician
Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,277

Hey kixeye, we of ICU want fresh targets. The thousand or so players that are left playing this game hardly interest us any longer. Storm on advertising, get some commercials rolling and get some new players. Your game is dead, you’re servers are empty. Time to fill the void with something new?

-Git Gud 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@Revann said:
    Hey kixeye, we of ICU want fresh targets. The thousand or so players that are left playing this game hardly interest us any longer. Turn on advertising, get some commercials rolling and get some new players. Your game is dead, you’re servers are empty. Time to fill the void with something new?

Cant edit on mobile

-Git Gud 
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,283

And what would you do with the thousand or so negative reviews on the App Store? Players left this game for a reason, and sooner or later, no one is going to play VC anymore because everyone else was told that the game is run by a **** company, that don't even PAY THEIR OWN EMPOLYEES enough.

Ok.. noted.
    Does it change the path? No
    Those that wish to play will play, those like you quit. Good bye.
    Now you are stating something that would bring you a ban... let the employees state their grievances, if any with the company. They do not need your bullshit here
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

In all seriousness though, we need more players. Kixeye, something is lying to you. What if we shut down some sectors? Is that sort of thing allowed?

-Git Gud 
  • Jerry Sun
    Jerry Sun
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 3
    Revann said:

Hey kixeye, we of ICU want fresh targets. The thousand or so players that are left playing this game hardly interest us any longer. Storm on advertising, get some commercials rolling and get some new players. Your game is dead, you’re servers are empty. Time to fill the void with something new?

Merge with Chinese servers,when they Catch up with us,but that will cost KIXEYE a lot of money lol.
  • saturnmoon
    saturnmoon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 11
    no point in worrying about advertising and merging with chinese. should try to figure out how to stop losing the players you have
  • Infinity EIC
    Infinity EIC
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 66
    Revann said:

rock on dude, we the people of SCRG AND OSP are with you with everything you say
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,347
    Only kixeye don't see that sectors are empty. They look at their data and everything is good and getting better every day :tongue:
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 642
    I honestly think they focus on revenue per player rather than total...
  • gao.jeff3-trade.tf
    gao.jeff3-trade.tf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 151
    edited 5 Nov 2017, 1:12AM

@saturnmoon said:
    no point in worrying about advertising and merging with chinese. should try to figure out how to stop losing the players you have

There is a Chinese law that forbids forgien companies from storing data on Chinese citizens, so Kixeye cannot judt merge servers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ArL7MYb0uP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Incursion Leader
    Jim Bo said:
    I honestly think they focus on revenue per player rather than total...
    And that is exactly what gives them info that things getting better. If there is less players then spending's per player is higher and they conclude that everything they do is better. Oh boy how dumb they feel when truth gets them :tongue:
  • joolex
    joolex
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 92
    the solution is called IGW
    El Pirata
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 750
    Revann said:

Yeah, get some new players so in 2 years when theyve got a fleet or two finished... lol

• sf6don
    sf6don
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 116
    icu u suck stop cay ing ur so low at this u do not matter

• Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@sf6don said:
    icu u suck stop cay ing ur so low at this u do not matter

Grammar lessons dude... grammar...

-Git Gud 
  • suurkupel2
    suurkupel2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 133
    whit the lase event leaderbord showed that over 20000 player still play this game so plenti for you f***them  over like you  always to !!!
    Sagittarius from MAD.E  Joined: About 4 years ago 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@suurkupel2 said:
    whit the lase event leaderbord showed that over 20000 player still play this game so plenti for you f***them  over like you  always to !!!

Those are all my alts... duh

-Git Gud 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@Coelus said:
    Revann said:

Yeah, get some new players so in 2 years when theyve got a fleet or two finished... lol

I’ve been informed that getting to the point where you can use current tech takes 3-4 months. So within 6 months we could have players.

-Git Gud 
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Incursion Leader
    edited 8 Nov 2017, 8:54PM
    Revann said:
    I’ve been informed that getting to the point where you can use current tech takes 3-4 months. So within 6 months we could have players.
    Cant see how this can be possible without millions of coins. Upgrading base to the point that u can even use that latest tech takes at least year if u skip all the CM upgrades and focusing only tech. If we talk about new players. Cant imagine anyone building base without single mine or combat module. What definitely have to happen is upgrading all the tech buildings and factory and fleetbay and bridge and resource modules to even have ability to upgrade latest building upgrades. If i count all these times i get year or something like that so how the h-e-l-l new players getting latest tech and even use that at all with 3-4 months? Only million coins can help you there with 4 months.
  • Master Baku
    Master Baku
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 301

No players are coming. If u want noobs to burn u prob need to find yourself another game u can play. It's over. That much is obvious. No amount of advertising would change that.

• jaredfiori
    jaredfiori
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 97

@Revann said:
    In all seriousness though, we need more players. Kixeye, something is lying to you. What if we shut down some sectors? Is that sort of thing allowed?

I suppose they could, I bet the people in the ghost sectors like 200 where no one leaves their base wouldn’t notice a thing if they all got moved somewhere more crowded to save space on the servers.

PEW PEW
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 642
    Really noticing player numbers dropping now. Wherever we go, there are less and less players. Vega Conflict is in its death throes.

@CM Chris does Kixeye care to respond to this? Is there a plan to get more players playing Vega?

It's a great game, it's a real shame to see the excessive repair times and excessive power creep killing the game for so many players.
  • Lensver
    Lensver
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 3
    Thast true. Its started a long while but now mass of player stop playing vega.  Im one of them. Im still log in sometimes to look around, but in my recent experience that im easily spend days without the thought of vega. Its shame, it was a good game. For me the downhill started with the xeno class, when xeno weapons come (and a no skill era begings) in to the game and  roll over what balance the game remain.

Its hard to say what have i done if i were kix position now. Advertising is not one of them, there are so many negativ ratings on the game, if i was look after a new game, after i read them,  i surley look after an another game.

Maybee if Kix do something big offering over a week, (t.ex. one ship some type of inloggning gift) than some player come back. Maybee you dont think that, but hej, we have a conversation at least.

The fact that, all of my ingame friends are less and less online, most of them are long time ago moved on to one new game.
    But if anyone can link here to @CmCris, i wonder have Kixeye some form ofdate of online players? And if that so, can they check how many player go offline after inloggning (5 minutes period).

Thanks fo reading, i hope we still see each other in the game.
    (and yeah, i know gramatik lessons...) :)
  • Steven Parsons
    Steven Parsons
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 30
    Revann said:

@Coelus said:
    Revann said:

you would have to have a game that doesn't suck first
  • gao.jeff3-trade.tf
    gao.jeff3-trade.tf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 151

@Andrea Nard1 said:
    gao.jeff3-trade.tf said:

And what would you do with the thousand or so negative reviews on the App Store? Players left this game for a reason, and sooner or later, no one is going to play VC anymore because everyone else was told that the game is run by a **** company, that don't even PAY THEIR OWN EMPOLYEES enough.

Ok.. noted.
    Does it change the path? No
    Those that wish to play will play, those like you quit. Good bye.
    Now you are stating something that would bring you a ban... let the employees state their grievances, if any with the company. They do not need your bullshit here

My proof:Link

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ArL7MYb0uP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>