Fix elite squadron for fury drones

TheGardian
TheGardian
Minor Nuisance
Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 153

I have elite squad 3 on paladin and fury drone doesn't get the bonuses do fix this

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,168
    If you're talking about the speed applied to the Drones, it cannot be fixed visually, but the boost is applied. The flight time should also be extended. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • swirusek84
    swirusek84
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 9
    the description of elite squadrons says that the applied bonuses to REGULAR squadrons so not xeno version
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,436
    edited 1 Nov 2017, 2:19PM
    the description of elite squadrons says that the applied bonuses to REGULAR squadrons so not xeno version
    ?? I'm not sure what description you're talking about, best I can tell the special doesn't differentiate. This is all I see on the blueprint:

I'm pretty sure it's worked with all squadrons/swarms/drones before, regardless of damage type. But like SEAL Corps 1 says, sometimes the visuals don't match. Old bombers are a great example, they don't visually speed up, but you can tell it's working because they'll start firing from much farther away.

Edit:
    Ok, I found a description on mobile:

But this special pre-dates xeno damage by at least six months, again, I'm fairly certain the "regular squadrons" simply means non-elite squadrons, i.e. without this special.

I personally don't have elite squadrons on a paladin, so I can't test this myself. To the OP, do you have a video example by any chance?? Or can you make one showing the different between fury and the other drones?

Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • ossocdo
    ossocdo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 125
    I used Elite Squadron special on my Paladin before having that Harmonic Agility Credit, and it worked well with Yellow Jacket Drone. When I swaped it with Harmonic Agility, I can see and experience the difference; shorter flight time is the most visible one.
  • swirusek84
    swirusek84
    Greenhorn
    elite squadrons bost only regular squadrons so all not xeno damage type squadrons (but it bost alien squadrons)
    xeno axis squadrons will soon receive an special bost item probably in this month in decimation
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,436
    edited 1 Nov 2017, 8:15PM
    elite squadrons bost only regular squadrons so all not xeno damage type squadrons (but it bost alien squadrons)
    xeno axis squadrons will soon receive an special bost item probably in this month in decimation
    Have you tested this?? Or have a source for your statement??

According to Mr. Topgear's ship calc, Hunter swarms (which have alien damage type) on a Paladin are boosted by this special.

Hunter -  Example Link.
    2000m/s Speed
    30s Flight time

Hunter with Elite Squadron III - Example Link
    2600m/s Speed
    60s Flight time

Based on that it seems reasonable to expect fury drones would also be effected by this special. But if anyone has proof either way I'd be interested in seeing it.

Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • swirusek84
    swirusek84
    Greenhorn
    well i saw picture with xeno elite drones as leaks on my coalition group
    so probably yes regular drones are not those xeno type but are alien drones because they have the same damage types as regular squadrons so elite squadrons are all energy projectile explosives types not xeno damage type
  • GameHat
    GameHat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 338
    Maybe the word alien is confusing here, Am i right in that what you're saying is;
    'squadrons' and 'swarms'(alien squadrons) get the bonus but 'drones'(axis squadrons) don't?
    3 chins, 3 teams, one victor;
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,145
    there is no indication anywhere that fury drones WOULD NOT be boosted by elite squads - if this is a problem, take a bunch of screenshots of your fit and then your fit battling another carrier with elite squads without fury to show the difference in fuel - then post a ticket (and give us an answer here) Thanks
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • TheGardian
    TheGardian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 153

The time of 30 seconds more doesn't get applied to the fury drone but all other drones

• Stormer-M
    Stormer-M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 465
    If you're talking about the speed applied to the Drones, it cannot be fixed visually, but the boost is applied. The flight time should also be extended. 
    "Cannot" and "will not" are two totally different things.