How this player feels

System
System
Strike-force Captain
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 960
This discussion was created from comments split from: Two Free Garrison Repair Tokens for new FM Targets.
Resistance is futile yes!
  • montgomery scott
    montgomery scott
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 138
    How I feel. 

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 5,892
    edited 31 Oct 2017, 6:28PM
    System said:
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Two Free Garrison Repair Tokens for new FM Targets.
    I have an interesting question. Is it possible for this account to get forum banned or jailed and if yes, can it create posts while being forum banned?
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 304
    Axel L said:
    System said:
    I have an interesting question. Is it possible for this account to get forum banned or jailed and if yes, can it create posts while being forum banned?
    I don't think the "System" is an account in an of itself Axel. Just a tool used by admins for dividing threads, so I doubt its bannable.
    Click on the account name itself and you get 404 when loading the wall. It doesn't operate on typical rules.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 1 Nov 2017, 5:15PM
    Axel L said:
    System said:
    I don't think the "System" is an account in an of itself Axel. Just a tool used by admins for dividing threads, so I doubt its bannable.
    Click on the account name itself and you get 404 when loading the wall. It doesn't operate on typical rules.
    That is exactly why I asked the question as it's one of the least real accounts on the forums. It's the account that do the dirty job on the forums.

However, it would always be great to know if System can be banned. We should also not forget to celebrate when system gets a total of 1k forum posts as that will be an historical event for the forum bots on the kixeye forums.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    System said:
    That is exactly why I asked the question as it's one of the least real accounts on the forums. It's the account that do the dirty job on the forums.

However, it would always be great to know if System can be banned. We should also not forget to celebrate when system gets a total of 1k forum posts as that will be an historical event for the forum boots on the kixeye forums.
    Why would we celebrate a bot getting 1K posts?
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,671
    System said:
    **** is this account.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    System said:
    **** is this account.
    Out of curiosity, which word got censored?
  • DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,939
    Axel L said:
    System said:
    **** is this account.
    Wait do the forums have a built-in censor now? O_o
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 4 Nov 2017, 2:22PM
    DreamCat said:
    Axel L said:
    System said:
    **** is this account.
    Yes they have.

Example Phrase: **** piece of ****!

EDIT: Added a Test Comment

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 2 Nov 2017, 1:11PM
    DreamCat said:
    Axel L said:
    System said:
    **** is this account.
    Yep. They even censor the word bloody_ (example: ****) for some reason despite the fact there's nothing wrong with it.
    Overkill censorship system if you ask me. Doubt KIXEYE will put any effort into fine-tuning it though.
    Axel L said:
    Yes they have.

Shall we run some tests to see how far we push this system?
    Crap, ****, ****, ****, ****, bullshit, bullcrap!
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Hmm, this system seems to be broken already lol. Instead of auto-censoring like I think it previously did you need to reload the page to see the censorship in effect. Does this system seem completely meaningless to anyone else? You don't seem to need to put in much effort to bypass it.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,781

@Thane_Mantis said:
    Hmm, this system seems to be broken already lol. Instead of auto-censoring like I think it previously did you need to reload the page to see the censorship in effect. Does this system seem completely meaningless to anyone else? You don't seem to need to put in much effort to bypass it.

"Let's blow some s-h-i-t up" -David Scott in an official Q&A video, circa ages ago

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    DreamCat said:
    Axel L said:
    System said:
    **** is this account.
    Yep. They even censor the word bloody_ (example: ****) for some reason despite the fact there's nothing wrong with it.
    Overkill censorship system if you ask me. Doubt KIXEYE will put any effort into fine-tuning it though.
    Axel L said:
    Yes they have.

Fortunately I don't swear in general but it's way to extreme. However, I think you haven't tried to test the auto censor system in the WC world chat as it censors everything from prefixes to unicorns. One example or something that will be censored in the WC world chat is that "1.5k" will be censored but not "1,5k".

"****", "****" and "****"
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 2 Nov 2017, 7:54PM
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Yes they have.

Fortunately I don't swear in general but it's way to extreme. However, I think you haven't tried to test the auto censor system in the WC world chat as it censors everything from prefixes to unicorns. One example or something that will be censored in the WC world chat is that "1.5k" will be censored but not "1,5k".

Nah man, I've seen the auto-censor in WC's chat system back when I played that hellhole of a game and I remember its just as crap if not more so as the one here on the forums.
    Can you remind me, why did it censor the 1.5K thing again? I never did get why that got blocked out. Makes no sense.

Censorship Test #3: ****. ****.
    OK, we've established both the US and UK ways of saying arseh*le are off-limits. Hmm, what else.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Yard said:

@Thane_Mantis said:

"Let's blow some s-h-i-t up" -David Scott in an official Q&A video, circa ages ago

Text dialogue straight from inside War Commander from the last event this past October.

So... we can't swear but the characters in-game can? <Sarcasm> Fair enough. </Sarcasm>
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 2 Nov 2017, 8:56PM
    Yard said:

@Thane_Mantis said:

Text dialogue straight from inside War Commander from the last event this past October.

So... we can't swear but the characters in-game can? <Sarcasm> Fair enough. </Sarcasm>
    Thanks kixeye for not allowing us to properly quote the event dialogues. As all of you know, a quote should be an identical copy of the original text.

"He might've crawled off somewhere to die. ****. Weaver's not going to like this..." is the attempt of mine to quote the event dialogue. Let's compare the quotation with the original piece of text and see if it even can be considered as a quotation.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

I thought Kixeye were going for the "hardcore" gamer market? Seems an odd choice to start censoring the forums now.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yard said:

I thought Kixeye were going for the "hardcore" gamer market? Seems an odd choice to start censoring the forums now.

Sadly, it's way to common in the US that they censor swearing. It's always equally annoying in documentaries where the replace the strong language with a beep to take away the experience. This do sadly also apply to movies and so on. Something I found a bit funny is that some has also filtered out swearing from documentaries about prisons in the US.

On the other hand, we don't have this problem at all in Sweden which means the strong languages can get straight through the customs without any problems.
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 2 Nov 2017, 9:36PM
    Axel L said:
    System said:
    **** is this account.
    W-T-F  lol
    The censorship of these forums is redonkulous.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Yes they have.

Nah man, I've seen the auto-censor in WC's chat system back when I played that hellhole of a game and I remember its just as crap if not more so as the one here on the forums.
    Can you remind me, why did it censor the 1.5K thing again? I never did get why that got blocked out. Makes no sense.

OK, we've established both the US and UK ways of saying arseh*le are off-limits. Hmm, what else.
    l-m-f-a-o gets censored 
    (\__/)
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Yard said:

Yeah, its a bit outta whack. I can get them not wanting us to direct language at each other, like if someone just rocked up and immediately went "F*ck everyone on these forums" and so on, but I feel like bad language in general and outright censoring that is extreme. Especially lesser words such as bloody_ which isn't really used to offend anyone, so much as used to add emphasis to a post. Like saying this is bloody_ annoying and so on.

Then again, unless they had a more sophisticated system which used context in the sentence to determine whether or not something was worthy of censorship, I guess their limited to an all or nothing approach for what they choose to censor. And they picked all.
    Still, as we've basically proven, it barely matters in the slightest to anyone since this system is absurdly easy to subvert. Makes you wonder why they wasted the time implementing it in the first place.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Yes they have.

l-m-f-a-o gets censored 
    Seriously, their even censoring **** acronyms now? What the ****!
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 2 Nov 2017, 10:12PM
    More censoship test:
    ****, Jesus Christ, ****, Balls. ****.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Yunno, I just realised anyone reading my post history (or Axels as well, since he's helping test the censorship feature) is probably gonna wonder what the **** we're doing writing a bunch of profanity into our posts lol. Hmm, wonder if we should end the tests soon.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yunno, I just realised anyone reading my post history (or Axels as well, since he's helping test the censorship feature) is probably gonna wonder what the **** we're doing writing a bunch of profanity into our posts lol. Hmm, wonder if we should end the tests soon.
    I haven't made too much swearing and in my opinion more or less constructive forum posts. It's only discussing why censoring forum posts are so bad.

Something else that is interesting to note is that a censor feature for forum post removes evidence for rule breaking as you cannot prove anything on what has been said in that post. The same do apply to removing forum posts as that means the post cannot be as easily used as evidence against a user and it removes transparency on the forums.
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Naw I like these tests keep doing them!  :)
    (\__/)
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 3 Nov 2017, 12:59AM
    Continuing tests. I just discovered that the word "damn_" may be susceptible to censorship.
    Test: ****.
    Yep. Their even censoring this now. Has science censorship gone too far?
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

@Thane_Mantis said:
    Yeah, its a bit outta whack. I can get them not wanting us to direct language at each other, like if someone just rocked up and immediately went "F*ck everyone on these forums" and so on, but I feel like bad language in general and outright censoring that is extreme. Especially lesser words such as bloody_ which isn't really used to offend anyone, so much as used to add emphasis to a post. Like saying this is bloody_ annoying and so on.

What's worse is bloody_ is used commonly as an adjective. Especially in a war game, you might be said to have left your enemies "a bloody_ mess" or tore off "a bloody_ bandage" or so on or so forth.

Boobies.

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

@Thane_Mantis said:
    Master of Warring said:

Thane_Mantis said:

Continuing tests. I just discovered that the word "damn_" may be susceptible to censorship.

Haha, I just discovered this accidentally on your other thread. Incredible.

On the plus side...

@Yard said:
    Boobies.

Boobies survives!

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 3 Nov 2017, 3:47PM
    Yard said:

@Thane_Mantis said:
    Master of Warring said:

Thane_Mantis said:

Haha, I just discovered this accidentally on your other thread. Incredible.

On the plus side...

@Yard said:
    Boobies.

Boobies survives!

Censorship on the forums are the easiest way to get misunderstood.

****, I cannot say common vocabulary like this.