Two Free Garrison Repair Tokens for new FM Targets

• CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,261
    I want to thank everyone for their feedback in this thread. 

There is nothing in the design of the rebalanced targets which is going to prevent generalists from completing them. There is a limit to what I can grant to players especially on such a large scale.  We chose the tokens which are tied to the FM,  which are Garrison.
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
    Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
    Not sure about the rules
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318

There is nothing in the design of the rebalanced targets which is going to prevent generalists from completing them. There is a limit to what I can grant to players especially on such a large scale.  We chose the tokens which are tied to the FM,  which are Garrison.
    can you hook us up with a screen shot of what the 89 and 115 looks like? So we got idea of what to expect
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • john.kavanagh.146
    john.kavanagh.146
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 11
    Been reading some of the feedback regarding the changes being made, sorry that's rebalancing of the weekly targets, with this amount of bad, not happy feedback I can't understand why, apart from money, that Kixeye are still going ahead with it.
  • Wild_G
    Wild_G
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 732

This shows you all don't listen or pay attention.  cause if you did kix would know that quite a few of us used Zelos/Emps to hit the Garrison targets.  And that quite a few use Zelos or pun for their tanks. Yes some use the Cits,IBs and Monos to hit them. Kix gave us the Zelos and Emps to be able to use on most targets.  But yet you going to punish us who use them by just giving Garrison repair tokens.  It would of been better to gave us Repair tokens that are used for any fleet.  I know you got 5 hr repair tokens for any fleet.  So why screw some of us who don't use Garrison hulls for Garrison targets?  Especially when it was you all who told us we could use other hulls on Garrison targets.  So to me it's BS that you found it best to give out only Garrison repair tokens when you could give out couple 5 hour tokens that could be used on any fleet we choose to hit the Garrison targets with.
  • Joe Kingsley
    Joe Kingsley
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 6

I use a zelos tank with citadels and have been hitting the 113 to finish both runs of the fm before repair and I'm really worried about this change as if the new highest level target becomes undoable for me then the 88 would be the next logical step for me but that's changing too so I'm real worried i wont be able to do that either and with the constant building of raid fleets how am I supposed to finish a mono or icebreaker fleet without falling behind in the raid cycle I've only just managed to get in a good place on that front and feel like I'm being forced backward within the game.

• orioles506
    orioles506
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 261
    Its always been said if its not broken why fix it,FM has been working great for most players.exactly why is it being changed now if is isn't broken.It works great for most players.
    it is broke to them. they want more money out of it. pretty **** simple. same crap greedeye always does. they dont care about the game or the players. just be good lil sheep and send them your money. 
    I mean, they are a business.

and where are these supposed repair tokens at?? or are you going to wait until fm has started to grant these tokens?
    and where are these supposed repair tokens at?? or are you going to wait until fm has started to grant these tokens?
    so was Bernie Madoff, , as for the tokens, they are locked away in Will H."s pixel safe and he's drunk somewhere and cannot be located,

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,094
    edited 31 Oct 2017, 9:00PM
    bort said:
    Oh man, i can't believe our kixeye overlords are now giving us free tokens.

lets get the pitchforks out!!!

Down with kixeye I say. This has to be the last straw. i've had enough of these BS hand outs for no effort.
    You really need to drop the fan-boy nonsense bort. Kixeye won't thank you for it. You won't benefit in the game for it.

If you actually bothered to read any of the responses, you would see people are NOT getting any tokens of use, because they use gens to do the FM. These are gar tokens, not gen. Garrison users will benefit, but gens will not. Gens are one of the most common FM builds going. Many of the smaller guys only have gens, as they are what is offered in the FM to do the FM. Even most mono users have a gen flag!

Kixeye also told us, no change till next garrison, yet here we are, some 7 months early getting things changed. This is dishonesty.
    Granted, it might turn out to be easy, maybe we can use all our old fleets to do them and the targets will be more fun, but two points....

One, I strongly doubt it, kixeye never nerf, they only buff in their favour and they are offering 24 hours of repair!

Two, it's not very reassuring. Why must Kixeye eek every drop of gold from us for every last facet of the game? They wouldn't need to unless the game was in serious trouble. The tokens are a bribe for fan boys like you, who say "thank you master" every time the whipping stops!

Kixeye are killing their own game, whether the changes turn out to be good or not. The poor communication and short sighted decision making, drive the community into a frenzy, and damage the relationship between customer and business. Kixeye should have learned this by now.

are you absolutely certain those tokens will not be of use in the next garrison raid series? i mean 100% positive?

are you absolutely certain that every single person needs to immediately try the targets, suicide some ships rather than wait for someone else to do it and just follow a method that works?

its a strategy game. start thinking. even just a little helps.

just because something new comes out when the existing target is instant repair, is hardly a 'whipping'. Particularly when every single fm (and raid) literally ever has been able to be completed for free. zero coins. nada. At a certain point you need to leave the drama queen at the door. The sky is not falling.

and lol at eeking out every drop of gold. its been getting easier and easier for us non-coiners. well the half skilled ones anyways.

• captain_n3mo
    captain_n3mo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 349
    Howdy Folks,

Two points here:

1) I spent time with the team this week working on ways to make this transition to the rebalanced targets seamless for you. The best option I had in my current tool kit was to be able to grant a few repair tokens. This allows you to run the targets and be able to experience them first hand. This was easiest way to allow you hit the targets and earns points without a consequence.

2) We are not distributing Generalist Tokens for this. While there are players who use Generalists, this being a Garrison target those are the token we are distributing.

~MR
    I appreciate the fact that we got an option to easy the transition but you keep giving us generalist hulls as an option to do raids and then targets after, and now we get penalized for  picking that option.Also if these targets needs so much finding out why not have a preview server so players can test them out and you can also see if everything is working from your end.I know it seems all we do is cry and moan but when you feel like sheep being lead to slaughter its all you can do.
  • captaindirty
    captaindirty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 45
    Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they even happen. However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. Then once again the game changes and back to the general complaining about the changes, and everyone forgets how they complained last time the game changed but it really wasn't so bad the last 5 times the game changed, and how we will adapt and change and the new targets will be just as easy as the old ones. without these changes the game would be boring and definitly die off.
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828
    edited 31 Oct 2017, 10:18PM
    Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they even happen. However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. Then once again the game changes and back to the general complaining about the changes, and everyone forgets how they complained last time the game changed but it really wasn't so bad the last 5 times the game changed, and how we will adapt and change and the new targets will be just as easy as the old ones. without these changes the game would be boring and definitly die off.
    i think last changes were a kill  , now sector comms is very quiet , so yes changes affect players and game a lot and personaly i prefer not yto have big changes , now chores are long and boring , so keep us away from game , so changing for me its more boring than not changing or very slowly change things
    DarKCloWn
  • deboblute1
    deboblute1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 96
    Wild_G said:
    What about people using Emps and puns as tanks? 
    You have some serious dedication, however what targets are you hitting if your using those?
    you can kill 4x 113s in a row with a well-built zelos tank/emp fleet.  Repair overnight or at work.  Repeat.  FM done... well this week
  • Firth of Clyde
    Firth of Clyde
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 156
    Generalists doing Garrison raids? Oh yh  we added a building which severely limits the ability of generalists?? Everyone uses(largely) Zelos tank so we'll give garrison tokens to rep your fleets, which will be required because we once again have gone back on our word and changed the FM. We won't show you what we've changed, we'll go live and you can wreck your fleets finding out. Kixeye have absolutely no credibility with the player base, they have no discourse, there is no transparency and anyone defending these kinds of tactics very obviously , would make an excellent addition to Kixeyes rapidly diminishing staff, if they could afford to employ them. Then again they would probably do it for nothing. As previously mentioned, why have the targets not been fixed regarding fangs not firing on scourge ships when they are close to a wall??? As stated by CM Rampge.. "we have listened to your feedback" and so change the FM, when clearly no one asked for it to be changed, but no action on what we said about the Glitches in raid targets..... selective hearing is the obvious answer. Oh..... and coins of course.
  • zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 340
    edited 31 Oct 2017, 10:30PM

You release stuff for one thing (generalistic hulls) and remove their abilitys to participate in events that they were build to do.

How hard is it to give 2 12 hour ship repair tokens that are generalistic/garrison by nature? Well, proberly too hard, given the level of coding released the past year, so we got to appriciate what you can make i guess.

• dballard601
    dballard601
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 557
    I don't like to complain before implementation, but clearly the 113 is going to deal more damage with the free tokens. As it is my IB fleet takes 8 hours to repair, I am very concerned I won't even be able to complete a target, if they keep changing the goal posts mid-stream, might be time to give the game a miss. 
  • deboblute1
    deboblute1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 96
    Howdy Folks,

Two points here:

1) I spent time with the team this week working on ways to make this transition to the rebalanced targets seamless for you. The best option I had in my current tool kit was to be able to grant a few repair tokens. This allows you to run the targets and be able to experience them first hand. This was easiest way to allow you hit the targets and earns points without a consequence.

2) We are not distributing Generalist Tokens for this. While there are players who use Generalists, this being a Garrison target those are the token we are distributing.

~MR
    Thank you for the garrison tokens that I won't use (well... not for the fm).  The lack of generalist tokens is disturbing.  When the generalist hulls were announced they were intended for low/mid level coiners so they didn't need to build a new fleet for every raid cycle.  My memory could be off--I tried to find the post but I think I have had too many beers to search effectively.  So to not offer generalist repair tokens seems to go against the original intent of the hull class and helps more the "haves" than the "have nots". 
  • CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,261
    Howdy Folks,

In talking with the team,  the fleet specific repair work slightly differently than I anticipated.  They only work if your fleet is of a uniform composition.  So if you have a mixed fleet these token will not be able to used to speed up your repairs.  So if you are using a mixed fleet,  for example a Generalist as well as Garrison ships,  you would have to remove the Generalist from the fleet to use the Garrison token. 

Since we have discovered this we are going to be changing the tokens we are rewarding,  the will now be:
    • 2 each of 12 Hour Garrison Repair Token
    • 2 each of 3 Hour Generalist Repair Token
    You should be seeing these token between 8am and 8:30am PDT tomorrow, November 1st.

There will also be a pinned topic at the top of the forums about how these tokens will work.
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
    Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
    Not sure about the rules
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,004
  • de witte
    de witte
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 245
    "There will also be a pinned topic at the top of the forums about how these tokens will work."
    a free tutorial !!! yeah, maybe i 'll finally get the mechanics of tokens lmao.
    But thanks anyway Rampage
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,971
    Howdy Folks,

In talking with the team,  the fleet specific repair work slightly differently than I anticipated.  They only work if your fleet is of a uniform composition.  So if you have a mixed fleet these token will not be able to used to speed up your repairs.  So if you are using a mixed fleet,  for example a Generalist as well as Garrison ships,  you would have to remove the Generalist from the fleet to use the Garrison token. 

Since we have discovered this we are going to be changing the tokens we are rewarding,  the will now be:
    • 2 each of 12 Hour Garrison Repair Token
    • 2 each of 3 Hour Generalist Repair Token
    You should be seeing these token between 8am and 8:30am PDT tomorrow, November 1st.

There will also be a pinned topic at the top of the forums about how these tokens will work.
    So it wasn't the 6 pages of "feedback", it was something you and the team just "discovered"? Seriously? 

The token complaints are all based on the fact that the "garrison" tokens won't repair "generalist" hulls. Your refusal to acknowledge the player's genuine complaints and instead suggest that it was simply a problem you and the team discovered is insulting. 

I will say, I'm glad you and the team "discovered" the problem the players already knew existed. 

2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 208
    you know this changed, because people were just going to repair garrison and just letting zelos heal on its own. i think kix really did it this time in pissing off the players, this could get ugly
  • Kapitan_Krapalot
    Kapitan_Krapalot
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 1,502
    edited 31 Oct 2017, 11:23PM
    Howdy Folks,

Smoke & mirrors.

However, it would seem that someone is thinking that maybe the player base has a point.. After "only" 6 pages of comments. (Considering the 20 pages of comments made upon the 1st notification of FM change upcoming)
    Maybe by 6am and 6:30am PDT tomorrow, November 1st this will be bumped up to 4 x (Edited here, original was a bit much) 3hr tokens.
    Probably wishful thinking.

Anyway, it's better than a kick in the teeth with steel-cap boots :smile:
    A pirate who hates stupid, lazy pirates who don't work for their tech, nor attempt to improve themselves by application of effort.
    Hulls won: A lot, including many I won't even bother to build. Hulls not won: More than I care to name, & plenty I don't want.
  • LordSmithers
    LordSmithers
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,023
    edited 31 Oct 2017, 11:16PM
    Maybe everyone's jumping the gun a little bit. Wait and see what the new targets bring before assuming Generalists suck in them.

Though knowing my luck they will. I've been hitting 88's with my fleet since everything else hurts waaaaay too much. I'm sure this rebalancing is going to suck, lol.
    Nobody cares about what stupid ships you won.
  • Wild_G
    Wild_G
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 732
    Maybe everyone's jumping the gun a little bit. Wait and see what the new targets bring before assuming Generalists suck in them.

Though knowing my luck they will. I've been hitting 88's with my fleet since everything else hurts waaaaay too much. I'm sure this rebalancing is going to suck, lol.
    Nobody was saying Generalist was or wasn't going to suck in these targets.  Our complaints was that the tokens Kix was giving to us free was only to repair Garrison fleets.  And most of us use Generalist as a tank or as a fleet. So the free tokens couldn't be used to repair any Generalist fleets.  Kix eyes finally opened up even though the complaints of us players isn't what did it. lol
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,307

How can you call it a rebalance? We don´t have got new tech for our garrison fleets.
    The next FM target change should be after the next garrison raidformat...thats in 7+ months.

You only will "rebalancing" the new repairing specialists for the garrison shiphulls with that, witch will nullify the new repairingbonus.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    ^^^^^^^ This
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017