Two Free Garrison Repair Tokens for new FM Targets

• CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,261
    Howdy Folks,

Two points here:

1) I spent time with the team this week working on ways to make this transition to the rebalanced targets seamless for you. The best option I had in my current tool kit was to be able to grant a few repair tokens. This allows you to run the targets and be able to experience them first hand. This was easiest way to allow you hit the targets and earns points without a consequence.

2) We are not distributing Generalist Tokens for this. While there are players who use Generalists, this being a Garrison target those are the token we are distributing.

~MR
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
    Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
    Not sure about the rules
  • SMOKEN HAVOC
    SMOKEN HAVOC
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 99
    Howdy Captains,

After hearing your concerns about the rebalance of the targets in the FM , we are going to be granting all players who have been active (have logged into the game) in the last 30 days, 2 each of a 12 Hour Garrison Repair Token, before the new targets go live on Wednesday.

This will allow you take your fleet into each of the rebalanced targets and even if the worse happens you will not have to wait repair your fleet.

Well thats cool i guess
    Image may contain: 1 person, text
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,093
    beel78 said:
    Wild_G said:
    What about people using Emps and puns as tanks? 
    You have some serious dedication, however what targets are you hitting if your using those?
    A punisher and citadel fleet is a fantastic option for 88s.
    and in 40 hours the 88 will no longer exist.

lol Can't educate pork

• John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    Based on the tokens here and the time they are good for. My expectation is that 115 a proper built fleet (like ones posted in past doing for instant repair) Is most likely going to just barely kill a 115 if it indeed does finish it. Meaning you can kill one a day for free otherwise you have to coin repair. I bet its same for the IB they kill the target but just barely make it. 

I hope to be wrong based on what I seen everyone better get ready they are going to be tuned to give those fleets the max they can handle. Maybe the trident version will make it be little easier I bet its going to be a must have not a if you drive super good dont need type of thing. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Jimbo073
    Jimbo073
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 600
    Question tho, if generalist hulls(like zelos and emps) are to be discourage or less effective in the new targets, are there any improvement to the grid mono coming up ?
    Good question! The zelos is a far superior tank, in my opinion, to the grid mono. However, I may see how many points I can get with my IBs with the repair tokens.
  • GrandPaSunshine
    GrandPaSunshine
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,550
    Thanks for the "tokens" ..........Wish this was being posted on April 1st.................My Guess.........this suckaaa is going to be a bear.
    Just one old man's opinion :)
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,087
    edited 31 Oct 2017, 1:25AM
    Wild_G said:
    Howdy Folks,

Two points here:

1) I spent time with the team this week working on ways to make this transition to the rebalanced targets seamless for you. The best option I had in my current tool kit was to be able to grant a few repair tokens. This allows you to run the targets and be able to experience them first hand. This was easiest way to allow you hit the targets and earns points without a consequence.

2) We are not distributing Generalist Tokens for this. While there are players who use Generalists, this being a Garrison target those are the token we are distributing.

~MR
    But yet the Emps were offered in Garrison raid to be used to hit Garrison targets.  So this is BS.  You are punishing us who thought outside of he box and used hulls to hit Garrison targets with hulls at the time given to us to hit garrison targets.  Zelos and puns are used as tanks for these targets.  So lets screw us over again Kix pretty much you didn't help many of us at all.
    Tho i agree with you it a low blow, it been coming for a while with the way they have been treating the generalist line ( which in many players POV, isa failed experiment, sincethey cant allow them to be better then the 2 new hulls, hence making them no better then a year old tech).

And, by now, if you havent been able to gather a buttload of tokens in the various call to arms tokens campaign to build a mono/IB flt for free and fully rank it with token, then what have you been doin.

Personnaly if these targets are as hard as i expect them, ill just build a second flt of both flt for free to give me something to use while i repair the lsow way.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    Question tho, if generalist hulls(like zelos and emps) are to be discourage or less effective in the new targets, are there any improvement to the grid mono coming up ?
    Isn't that a pretty big assumptive jump to consign the generalist hulls to the bin just because they aren't going to offer a repair token for the initial release?
    statements like this tend to get taken and blown way out of proportion....
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Wild_G
    Wild_G
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 732
    Wild_G said:
    Howdy Folks,

Two points here:

~MR
    But yet the Emps were offered in Garrison raid to be used to hit Garrison targets.  So this is BS.  You are punishing us who thought outside of he box and used hulls to hit Garrison targets with hulls at the time given to us to hit garrison targets.  Zelos and puns are used as tanks for these targets.  So lets screw us over again Kix pretty much you didn't help many of us at all.
    Tho i agree with you it a low blow, it been coming for a while with the way they have been treating the generalist line ( which in many players POV, isa failed experiment, sincethey cant allow them to be better then the 2 new hulls, hence making them no better then a year old tech).

And, by now, if you havent been able to gather a buttload of tokens in the various call to arms tokens campaign to build a mono/IB flt for free and fully rank it with token, then what have you been doin.

Personnaly if these targets are as hard as i expect them, ill just build a second flt of both flt for free to give me something to use while i repair the lsow way.
    I shouldn't have to take time to build another fm fleet when mine was working just fine.  So I could focus working on raid fleets.  Can't just focus on fm all the time.  So play your game and do your fm way you want to I was doing just fine til they decided they needed to change FM and rebalance targets.  We didn't ask for the change or the  to popular targets being rebalanced.
  • crimsonPERMassurance
    crimsonPERMassurance
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 151

Although I use Z Emp's for my FM and are not to worried about this and have Mono and IB  BP's why would I bother building what have been inferior Flt"s when I have better thing's to do with my time why would I or any one else do the same TLC over and over for just for tokens that they have't needed building flt's they don't need
  • mike.scott.73307
    mike.scott.73307
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 514
    edited 31 Oct 2017, 1:56AM
    The gridiron mono sadly under performed.  If you are going to punish us for using the most effective hull that was supposed to be good for garrison raids then that is a major issue for myself and many others.  I'm not sure of a reasonable way to make the current gridiron out perform a good zelos build.  There need to be some major buffs to the gridiron including the addition of a built in CM that is better than the one in the zelos.

Edit: I do appreciate the gesture of the tokens but I am bothered by the entire concept of changing the targets without addressing the gridiron shortfalls.
  • randyward
    randyward
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 17
    While this is a very nice gesture.. alot do use generalist hulls for the fm.. 
    Howdy Captains,

After hearing your concerns about the rebalance of the targets in the FM , we are going to be granting all players who have been active (have logged into the game) in the last 30 days, 2 each of a 12 Hour Garrison Repair Token, before the new targets go live on Wednesday.

This will allow you take your fleet into each of the rebalanced targets and even if the worse happens you will not have to wait repair your fleet.

Sorry, but I have to ask the logical question again: Instead of reimbursing us for an obviously insufferable change you will need to retract anyway due to the massive outrage it will cause, why not just leave things as they are THE WAY IT WAS PROMISED and maintain some amount of integrity and customer goodwill? o.O

• randyward
    randyward
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 17
    you say that as if you believe kix cares about goodwill to the  customer
  • Kapitan_Krapalot
    Kapitan_Krapalot
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 1,502
    Milo-Ant said:
    Dont want to be another pessimist, but isnt doin that basicly admitting that the target may be harder then before and that we are going to be the guiney pigs of those new untested targets (at least by the players).

Makes me even more worried. Maybe you need to consider putting both the old and new target on (with modified point payout), just in case, cause if it goes to the worst, your gonna have a lot of unhappy pirates.

lol, not to many unhappy pirates..a lot quit this weekend :(

LOL
    A pirate who hates stupid, lazy pirates who don't work for their tech, nor attempt to improve themselves by application of effort.
    Hulls won: A lot, including many I won't even bother to build. Hulls not won: More than I care to name, & plenty I don't want.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 297
    While I think it's a crappy move, just because they're not offering Generalist repair tokens along with the Garrison ones doesn't mean anything's happening to the Generalist hulls many of us are using in the FM.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,239
    SSQUID said:
    so much for our raid fleets turning into chore fleets and lasting a year,, it seems

you guys are becoming the kama sutra of the gaming industry

Now that was funny. Spot on, spot on indeed.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,239
    beel78 said:
    Wild_G said:
    Howdy Folks,

Two points here:

~MR
    not really "outside" the box.  We just used a different advertised route, and the empy and empy prime were not only released during the garrison targets but were marketed as such.  ****, almost everyone uses a zelos tank.
    I use IBs, but again many in my alliance that were behind went the emperion route. Now the tokens is a stopgap for one week at best. My concern though is that many, many players spent time/money during a raid for raid prizes intended for this target that will now be in a worse position. I have been in kix's corner on many issues as many here can attest. However when our new CM started a thread on what could be improved upon, this was one of the issues I brought up. If the company line is going to be that they have been running the IB and mono TLCs this whole time, and that these players should have done that to build those fleets then nothing has changed in regards to the concerns brought up in the CMs post.  
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward