10/25 Update Discussion Thread

CM Major_Rampage
CM Major_Rampage
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,261
edited 25 Oct 2017, 3:56PM

This week's mascot is Tribble.
------
Official Update Thread: Here (<--- Click Link)
Discuss Below
If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
Not sure about the rules
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3,968
    edited 26 Oct 2017, 8:08AM
    So far I see both the IBs and the Monos back in TLCs. Interesting. Now I REALLY want to see the new targets for the FM...

Edit: Found this. If you are struggling or want to get the hulls that we allegedly need for the FM change, here's how to start:

"I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • jon210
    jon210
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 74
    might want to build the grid mono :)

• Professor Yana
    Professor Yana
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,688
    I do hope we'll have more than just those TLCs, to be perfectly honest. (And I'm still not sold on building a Monolith fleet yet, though I might run through the campaign for the tokens - you know, just in case.)
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,538
    Looks like a busy week ahead, thanks.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,953
    Thanks for the Hunter Games kajigger!
  • Captain Pants
    Captain Pants
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 520
    Kinda curious as to what's been "revised" in the Hunter TLC.
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    I do hope we'll have more than just those TLCs, to be perfectly honest. (And I'm still not sold on building a Monolith fleet yet, though I might run through the campaign for the tokens - you know, just in case.)
    I have a feeling the IBs may be the new go-to hull... otherwise, why change the targets if it isn't going to generate income? :shrug:
  • NorthernTimberWolf
    NorthernTimberWolf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 108
    So the 2 Garrison TLCs per the update "We are bringing back Call to Arms: Icebreaker and Call to Arms: Monolith. From 10/24 at 12PM PDT - 11/8 11:59PM PDT. " 

Today's the 25th, so they should be available now? Or did someone read the calendar wrong?
  • Issac_Newton
    Issac_Newton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 58
    New Update Link Is Not Working
  • TPCD2015
    TPCD2015
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 15
    So far I see both the IBs and the Monos back in TLCs. Interesting. Now I REALLY want to see the new targets for the FM...
    Hmm. After being prompted to refresh after the update, I got the windows showing the IB and Mono TLCs would be available but they're not showing up under Campaigns, only the Mega daily. I have refreshed a couple of times and have not completed either of those campaigns.   
  • Issac_Newton
    Issac_Newton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 58
    Are You Guys Able To Open The Update Link?
  • mwhuijs
    mwhuijs
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 127
    wishing for a few more tlc like where you can earn some sructurebuild tokens or rechearch tokens the tlc they now going to run are already very old for lots of players but can help other players if they will be coop so for me another boring week with nothing to do but for all the rest of players have fun with these tlc     greats michel
  • MiniSnakie
    MiniSnakie
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 49
    Past history has been the camps start after the update at Noon PST.  Since the update was delayed a day my guess is Kix did not change the verbiage in the update notes to change the date.  Camp should be available in just over 3 hours.
  • TPCD2015
    TPCD2015
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 15
    Past history has been the camps start after the update at Noon PST.  Since the update was delayed a day my guess is Kix did not change the verbiage in the update notes to change the date.  Camp should be available in just over 3 hours.
    Thanks MiniSnakie!
  • tee.fragall
    tee.fragall
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 357
    edited 25 Oct 2017, 3:53PM
    Is this really it for TLC's? I know several have mentioned wanting another crack at the tech up one. I for one wanted more ph fang and structure tokens. Come on guys, seriously get in touch with the player base's needs. In other news: I have ~20 mono, grid mono, IB and V-IB tokens each going up for bid price will go up after I add this week's TLCs to the inventory   B) :p

Edit: Tribble the mascot doing a great job mascotting.  :)
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,995
    So the 2 Garrison TLCs per the update "We are bringing back Call to Arms: Icebreaker and Call to Arms: Monolith. From 10/24 at 12PM PDT - 11/8 11:59PM PDT. " 

Today's the 25th, so they should be available now? Or did someone read the calendar wrong?
    They have been dire need of a proofreader for a while now. Not just for the blatant, and easily caught, mistakes but for basic grammar, punctuation, and readability. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • blue_army2004
    blue_army2004
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 47
    Thanks Rampage. This is a great update. The communication is very clear. I like the way it is going now. 
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    The link CM Major_Rampage said:

The link doesn't work for me, although others appear to have it ok....
    It doesn't work for anyone. We just went back to the main forums and clicked the stickied thread about the update. ;)
  • Fred.Falkland
    Fred.Falkland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 3,037

They have been dire need of a proofreader for a while now. Not just for the blatant, and easily caught, mistakes but for basic grammar, punctuation, and readability. 
    They have a proofreader.  His name is NorthernTimberWolf.
  • Fred.Falkland
    Fred.Falkland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 3,037
    I have a feeling the IBs may be the new go-to hull... otherwise, why change the targets if it isn't going to generate income? :shrug:
    I have a feeling that two or three fleets of both VIBs and Monos will be the go to hulls.
  • Sir_Viper
    Sir_Viper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 280
    edited 25 Oct 2017, 4:06PM
    CM Major_Rampage, Note to self, if update is authored in advance and awaiting publication. Always proof read b4 posting, just in case the release was delayed ;) Both Call to Arms starting 20 hours prior to the update ?? 

That's the Trouble with Tribbles (picked them once too often from Anacondas)

• dstang89
    dstang89
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 85
    So these campaigns require garrison fleets to get the garrison fleet, that you need to do the TLC with.....
  • piratedevill
    piratedevill
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 14
    we gheting any defender tlc whit al those new hulls from bounty how do we neet to defend agans them seems turets take 25 days beside the upgrade? and last defender hul was courage and it melt whit the buss and the justis dont make a big diffriend agans the new hul in upcoming bounty 

enyo and dont cry al the time its a pirate game :)
  • Professor Yana
    Professor Yana
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,688
    dstang89 said:
    So these campaigns require garrison fleets to get the garrison fleet, that you need to do the TLC with.....
    Older Garrison fleets, that people should already have.
  • KillerChrome7
    KillerChrome7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 314
    So the FM this week, has no new alloy turret special, nor the loot boxes.. odd.. 
  • dstang89
    dstang89
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 85
    dstang89 said:
    Older Garrison fleets, that people should already have.
    Not when you quit for a year and all you have are punishers..... Yes its my fault I stopped playing blah blah but throw a guy a bone
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 297
    edited 25 Oct 2017, 4:36PM