no one is supporting UNITY

Mikael Klys
Mikael Klys
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 123
for 2 weeks now i cant play vega. main reason is that its impossible to update unity. i have been trying everything but nothing works!

tried kixeye own page..."install unity"....tried facebook with an old browser like mozilla 51..."install unity" tried facebook gameroom.."install unity"

tried steam...but there u have to start from lvl1 at that i would do in a million years.

so what are u at kixeye doing about this. this i can image stops many players from playing vega
LeCot
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    Have you tried Internet Explorer? Played vega with IE11 just yesterday.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • comeng84
    comeng84
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 11
    edited 24 Oct 2017, 10:43AM
    You need to look into getting Firefox ESR. Unity still works a treat. I use it at work all the time when I'm...... working

Firefox ESR 52.0 if memory serves
    Cheers
    comeng84
  • VVulty
    VVulty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 97

Well, older versions of Chrome-based browsers is an option to. Like SRW Iron.
    Anyway, there's official VC account linking guide:

https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/215759867-Account-Linking-Guide

• zgazaga
    zgazaga
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 6
    u can play vega on gameload
  • scifimclover
    scifimclover
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 11
    And, you can play your kixeye game on steam.  You just link to your kixeye account.  And, yes you can play on unity if you use Internet Explorer.  It works fine. 
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 1,025
    Basically any Browser Version prone to being hacked more and giving your information out quicker without being hacked will support Unity.

Thanks,

MVK
  • EliteRanger
    EliteRanger
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 976

Have you tried clearing your cache and restarting your computer. Lol

• TheDude84
    TheDude84
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 183
    move to steam its way better, and you can link your account so you don't have to start from scratch.

The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Real Swordfish
    Real Swordfish
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 288
    I use Steam mostly. However I do also have access via Firefox version 51. If installing an earlier version of Firefox it means you must uninstall any Firefox you already have. There are issues though, my installation has been done some time (with Firefox updates switched off). Trying to install the same set up on other computers sometimes does not work.  So I would recommend as others have said and migrate to Steam. Yes it looks odd when you first open and play the account in Steam - you get a new base - but that is only until you have linked accounts.  The guide on how to do that is shown earlier in this thread. 
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    Browser Game-Playing though is alot better for the practical dependent factors for this game. 

Going to Steam biggest benefit if not only is able to buy DLC packs that otherwise isn't offered in game essentially otherwise, but does happen from time to time.

But since the Forum is basically the Game Website, Support Service, Forum. and News and Announcement Site all-in-one, browser is much better. 

Hopefully they can find a new run-time, think it is, for the graphics engine and can offer browser support once again with say any other platform as well.

It would still even have to be a reasonable worth for mobile. 

Thanks,

MVK
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    You can get to the forums on steam using their in game browser...  
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934
    Firefox ESR version works fine with Unity and it still gets all the security updates.
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    Firefox ESR version works fine with Unity and it still gets all the security updates.
    Yea, but have you read how that really works for it to work??

Thanks,

MVK
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

@M.V.K.0 said:
    Aletheides said:

Thanks,

MVK

I have never had issues using firefox

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

• M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    edited 25 Oct 2017, 3:38PM

@M.V.K.0 said:
    Aletheides said:

Thanks,

MVK

I have never had issues using firefox

Yea, but it is an Altered Version of Firefox essentially. Basically made for interest of application usage from the program without having say a program to use without application. 

Which is alright, but think without say 3rd-Party program to work at the time, not as good, given isn't quite the interest to be a "stand-alone" product anymore.

But I could be mistaken.

I had read some more additionally later, but not all.

Thanks,

MVK
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591
    link to account linking guide: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/215759867-Account-Linking-Guide-UPDATED-FOR-STEAM-

I'd say use the older version of Mozilla firefox if that works for you, but have Steam as a backup.  Steam tends to be more stable, but if you have issues with it, I can't argue that that experience is going to be better for you; I don't know what your situation is.  Still, a backup method of getting into the game is better than none at all, so you might want to give that a try. 

Moving to Community Support. 

Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward.