FM Changes - New Start Date / Updated Tokens & Uranium

• TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,350
    Jimbo073 said:
    Tokens, on the lower levels, look obsolete to me. 
    a 1 day structure build token ? When i have a structure build cue pushing 2 years ?  
    a 1 day research token? This is very low looking at the research timers total and the amount of research to be done.. Yes, it isn't 2 years still easily above 6 months.. 
    and a 1 hour research token? Well this has always been useless..
    Please consider altering these to fit more with the time that you (kixeye) call for. 
                        -Eternally deep diving
                                           -Cuttlefish

I have found the research tokens to be quite useful. 26 hours of research that I did not have before, but now it will be down to 13 hours believe, still half a day in the research of a 24 hour research is useful.
    As they are now issuing a 1-day research token instead of 2 x 12hrs, research tokens at least will remain the same.
  • paulmcauley53
    paulmcauley53
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 71
    3 - 9 day build tokens in T5 sounds good but will the Token limit change to accommodate this change
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,018
    It would appear that if you ARE awarded the 9 day token prized(and I would expect that to be VERY rare) you would have to be at ZERO token inventory since they won't increase the storage cap. These arbitrary caps on ship build and Structure build tokens seems very silly considering you can hold 99 of the hull specific ones.
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,004
    3 - 9 day build tokens in T5 sounds good but will the Token limit change to accommodate this change
    They will probably introduce new tokens to get the nine total.
  • Firefighter4
    Firefighter4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 146
    **** it...I was so close to weaning myself off this addicting game..Ill put it off for a few more days to see how the  new changes affect my seat time. I have a life you know.

• RallySTX
    RallySTX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 183
    edited 23 Oct 2017, 10:31PM
    I have already found a better waste of time, LIFE  Oh yeah, WOWS rocks too.

• Outpost187
    Outpost187
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 79
    Would you please clarify what you mean by "Purchase" a treasure chest at each prize pool...Do you mean redeem, or what exactly are the costs for Purchasing in each Prize Pool

Instead of having a single token prize you will be able to purchase a treasure chest at each prize pool:
  • CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,261
    Would you please clarify what you mean by "Purchase" a treasure chest at each prize pool...Do you mean redeem, or what exactly are the costs for Purchasing in each Prize Pool

Instead of having a single token prize you will be able to purchase a treasure chest at each prize pool:
    You will be able use FM points to purchase the chest.
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
    Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
    Not sure about the rules
  • TigerAceR
    TigerAceR
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,951
    I know I was exceptionally harsh on the Thursday and Saturday show and in some comments on the various pages about the changes between Thursday and today, but I have to say this is pretty good change. I don't mind the store format, I can pick and choose what I want to do and when to get each prize (vs. being locked out of the prize I really want until the following week). My main issue like others was the loss of build tokens and the loss of Uranium. With these changes my major issues has been addressed. I will likely still need the 22 115s I estimated to get the Alloy CTX 1-3, Alloy Panel CR and Sprint CM plus tokens, but I can decide when I want to go for some of those prizes and can do half this week and half next and get tokens still.

I also noticed after further review, Prize Pool 2 is now a 1 DAY research token. That is much much better than just 1 12 hour token. With that one change the research time has effectively remained the same with just the loss of 1 hour of research time which few will notice I would say. I can definitely stomach a loss of 1 hour on retros.

Going back to my earlier statement about Uranium. While 26k to 66.5k isn't near what we get currently, it's enough to make it a non-issue for me.

So with all that said, the only downside is now the 1 day structure token. I would still like to see the Prize Pool 3 chest contain a random amount of tokens for Structures from 1 day to 2 days. But if that doesn't happen.. not the end of the world. 

In my opinion we got a lot of what we asked for between last week and today, and Kixeye got a lot of what they was looking for in the changes too.

And I will still hold off final judgement upon seeing and hitting the 115. But I am definitely a much happier pirate after reading these changes. Sometimes miracles do happen lol
    Former Battle Vortex Arbiter
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    So, it appears that Kixeye can't get the planned update to work, and are fobbing us off with this poor excuse.

Hoping that when the big shaft is delivered in a couple of weeks, we will be 'used' to it, and have accepted it. 
    if you go slow enough, anything can fit. A little sweet talk goes a long way. At least, that is how they seem to view an issue.
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• drizzit3rd
    drizzit3rd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 260
    Well, I have to say thank you to both Kixeye (for hearing your customers) and the Community (for voicing your concerns).

Now...  My initial thoughts...

1st - Are we limited to 1 Chest per Prize Pool per Week?  If no, then kudos, WONDERFUL.  If yes, then you might want to revisit the Chests from Prize Pools 1, 2 and 3.  With no reset, we're still loosing  1/2 of our Research and Structure Build Tokens.

2nd - Points required and prize costs?  With no update to this information, I'm can only assume that the target/points and the prize costs will remain the same.  More information would be nice concerning these two items.

3rd - Targets -115 and the 89?  If we are going to see, and rely, on these targets on November 1st, it would be nice if they were added as an option in this week's FM.  Obviously they are already in place and it should be easy enough to add them.  Maybe they don't need to payout FM points, but simply be there so we as players can take a look and be better informed.

Again, thank you Kixeye for listening to your customers.  
  • TigerAceR
    TigerAceR
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,951
    Another question I don't believe has been asked or answered, is the 115 going to be in this week's changes or will it be next week?
    Former Battle Vortex Arbiter
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,229
    2 Day + 1 Day
    2 Day + 2 Day
    2 Day + 7 Day
    They are generic ship build tokens
  • Shadow527
    Shadow527
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 586
    Is this still a format that is reset-able? or is it the new format with 6days to do it?
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Shadow527 said:
    Is this still a format that is reset-able? or is it the new format with 6days to do it?
    The format with six days.
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 866
    Is the uranium from chests in addition to that from each prize pool?
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Is the uranium from chests in addition to that from each prize pool?
    There is no Uranium from each prize pool. The only Uranium is from the chests.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,229
    Shadow527 said:
    You get 6.5 days, if you start it at 9AM Cali time on Wen.  If you start it after 9AM Cali time on Wen you get the remaining time between then and 9PM Cali time on Tuesday.

In short, there is no reset.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    was looking forward to being able to choose prizes vs going in order as well as finally getting tokens every week. Bummed it got pushed back as now I have 2 weeks no tokens  I still have lot BP in tier 5 I just got Muddle Miss last week on 2nd pass through. With builds going on was looking forward to actually getting some tokens vs having to speed entire builds.  Really was looking forward to finally being able to refit Spirit to my Zellos tank so I could possible start using my Mono's instead of IB for TLC's and weekly.  Nov wont be much time to get them fit on with Bounty most likely having a Hull + raid will most likely have hull as well.  At least they will be available now. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Shadow527
    Shadow527
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 586
    Laredo said:
    Shadow527 said:
    You get 6.5 days, if you start it at 9AM Cali time on Wen.  If you start it after 9AM Cali time on Wen you get the remaining time between then and 9PM Cali time on Tuesday.

Then can you get 2 of each prize pool chest? This is a better start then the transition that what was proposed before, but we are still getting shorted on structure and research tokens...just saying
  • Jesse J Molyneux Emt
    Jesse J Molyneux Emt
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 68

Thank you for actually listening to the player bases. The random tokens are a nice idea. But it also makes planning a little harder. As now we are on random.

Proud Owner of  BBA, BC, BBX, BS, Corvette, Cuda, Destroyer, Destroyer X, DNX, Frigate, Goliath, Harlock Triton, Interdictor,  Jugg, Jugg X, HHA, HHB, HLNC,  LC, LCX, Levi A, Mauler, Mercury,  Missile Cruiser, Night Hawk Nuke Cruiser, Rampart, Spectre, Stingray, Strike Cruiser,  SSA, SFF, Vindicator, VH2, Zoe Stingrays
     Arc, Dead Eye, Halo, Javelin, Executioner, D92 Launcher, D92S Launcher, Harpoon
    Fear My Frigate Fleet!!!!
    LVL 69 +
    Home Sector 224
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 866
    Laredo said:
    Shadow527 said:

Thought said new format started on November 1st so wouldn't this be our normal format with resets?
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu