Forsaken Mission Changes - Starts 10/25

• BurnedOut
    BurnedOut
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 616
    One last thing for kixeye to mess up, CARGO"s where we can no longer AUTO THEM!  Then the Game is Done.
    "We" auto them.
    How many can't?
    what im saying they messed up fm  now  cargos  only think  kixeye has not changed in  years!  To try get more coin off of us..
  • darrell.schliep
    darrell.schliep
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 51
    where t=do players without the the new tech get their u from?

• hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 632
    edited 23 Oct 2017, 2:25PM
    Now its just 2 days till FM start.No info how the 115s will look like ? Will the change be full or there will be still 113s out for a week or two like it was before wen FM Target has change ? 
  • Jimbo073
    Jimbo073
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 600
    I am sure this will get merged with the pinned discussion, however, I am under the impression that the target will be the one we saw in the last TLC. Hopefully they will not let the enemy fleet do so much damage for the FM.
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Strike-force Captain
    Yep,encounter 8 from last Sky TLC.Rhinos chase you like hell.Would be a change into bad for sure.
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Strike-force Captain
    Jimbo073 said:
    I am sure this will get merged with the pinned discussion, however, I am under the impression that the target will be the one we saw in the last TLC. Hopefully they will not let the enemy fleet do so much damage for the FM.
    You been right lol
  • BlackPoops98
    BlackPoops98
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 851
    Mordermi said:

In the new FM scenario you list above, we need to hit more than one (1.27) 115 in order to earn a 48-hr ship token, and more than four 115s to earn a 72-hr ship token. So, now after roughly four-and-a-half (4.36) 115 targets, we get at most 5 days of tokens. If we can truly buy all we want (just have to earn points to buy more), then we need to hit nine 115 targets to claim 10 days of ship build tokens.

Not work like that. The tokens are limited, see in the screenshot where it says "0/1" by the tokens? You get at most 5 days of ship build tokens per week. Period. You are no longer gated by new prizes because even in the first week of FM after raid you can just grind out enough points to claim all of the new prizes and then still grind more to claim the tokens.

Since the maximum tokens per week is now 5 days you still are able to earn less then the old system where you would not be able to earn any tokens at all until the second FM after raid because where could earn a 2-day from tier 4 and a 2+1 or 3 from tier 5 (5-8 total) and then weeks 3 and 4 netting you 10-14 giving a total of 25-36 for the 4 weeks between raids. In the new system the max you can earn in a 4 week cycle is 20 so 5 days less then not even earning a single 3 day token in 4 weeks of the old system. 
    BlackPoops98
    <-- Firing massive chunks of black poo since '98 -->

• darrell.schliep
    darrell.schliep
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 51
    I guess no cares where us low lives get our u from cause no one wants to answer that oh yeah that's right most low lives don't coin so we are the untouchables of this game. Enjoy rich folks this game is in a death spiral soon you won't have any game to coin
  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,501
    re-balance will mean: even more like it is a kinda job with a high volume of damage (also caused by all ongoing server issues and lag by high serverdemand -- at least that is always the excuse-). BP as a game disappears more behind the horizon as a game and fun.
    :pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • Shiboleth17
    Shiboleth17
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 21
    edited 23 Oct 2017, 8:34PM
    "The payout for targets has been set up that you will be hitting the same number of target for to get the points for particular prize pools."  -Kixeye

Complete bullshit.  -Me... and my buddies Math and Logic

Before, you only needed 7x 113s, or about 78x 88s to do the FM twice.  You now need over 1.6 million points to get a token in each prize pack, which would take 6x 115s, or 65x 89s.  It's only a tiny bit less grinding, but you only get half as much stuff as before.  And that's assuming that players can easily transfer from 88s to 89s and 113s to 115s, while still keeping repairs low and doing them quickly.  If damage goes up significantly, or we need week-long refits of all our existing FM fleets, this is going suck hard.  Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Why are games turning into chores?  Games are supposed to be fun.  I don't mind things taking a while to build, or having to hit several targets to get the things I need, but it shouldn't feel like work, and this game does.

As a new-ish player who still has to grind 88s, doing 39 of them to get to t5 ONCE is already a chore, requiring 3-4 horus of grinding.  Since I've been able to get to t5, I only do it once per week, then simply stop at t4 after resetting because it's just too much work.  And now I need to do 70% more work to get the same prize?  I'll wait to pass judgment until I see the targets, and see how much of a chore they are, but as of right now, I'm not hopeful.  I do like that I will able to pass up on all the useless armors to grab the stuff I REALLY need, and thank Kix for finally giving us a way to get an anti-rocket again, and hopefully that weapon will allow me to hit 115s... but it's still gonna be a long road to get there, as I'll have to spend way more time than I bargained for to grind for them, and then another week of refits that I can't afford, because I'm still trying to get a raid fleet up and running.

This new system is good, in that it gives low levels willing to grind it out a chance to catch up... But it also hurts those same low levels by removing the Uranium.  Why get rid of that?  Many low levels can only get Uranium through the FM or they have to rely on other player's help, because they haven't been around long enough to build skirmish fleets.  So while they can catch up in blueprints, they're gonna lag behind in research and building upgrades.  Why Kixeye?  Why? 
  • captainspike
    captainspike
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 68
    Conundrum... Kixeye wants to make lots of money. Kixeye skews the game toward retired people that have the 12 hours per week to do chores. Retired people, in general, have less disposable income than those working.

STOP INCREASING THE REQUIRED AMOUNT OF TIME FOR NONSENSE CHORES!
  • glenn.parsley.9
    glenn.parsley.9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 184
    Changing the 85 and 113 is a joke right? This is not good! I have been helping people get fleets ready to do the targets that are on the map! These targets should stay the same as per the new direction of the game. Targets should not be changing until after next Garrison style raid (5 months from now) You guys at kix can not even follow your own game plan. Also you put this out and say it's to help players. I call b.s, this change is only to benefit kix's profits! 
    the targets aint changing still the same just the 113s o 115 and 88s to 89 
  • captainspike
    captainspike
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 68
    Given the release of the Sprint, I'm guessing the 're-balance' will be that awful target from the last TLC that had all those coldsnaps in it. I am NOT amused.
    You can bet that, with the release of the sprint, a refit will be required to your 113 fleet or it will die in the 115.
  • UN Flash
    UN Flash
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 369

5.8 level 115 targets gets you 1 less 2 day build token than previously doing 3.2 level 113 targets. Hmmm. So your doing twice the work to get half as much, since we are limited to 1 token only.

• Terry Wolf
    Terry Wolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 58
    Changing the 85 and 113 is a joke right? This is not good! I have been helping people get fleets ready to do the targets that are on the map! These targets should stay the same as per the new direction of the game. Targets should not be changing until after next Garrison style raid (5 months from now) You guys at kix can not even follow your own game plan. Also you put this out and say it's to help players. I call b.s, this change is only to benefit kix's profits! 
    the targets aint changing still the same just the 113s o 115 and 88s to 89 
    So just the MOST-important targets are changing?  They are being "rebalanced" (that is Kix-speak for "more profitable for us, more damaging for you"). 

Are you a bot working for Kix in some dark basement in SF?  Do they feed you?  Are they making you write these comments? Blink twice if you want me to get help...  :P
  • VADERBACON
    VADERBACON
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 278
    Mordermi said:

In the new FM scenario you list above, we need to hit more than one (1.27) 115 in order to earn a 48-hr ship token, and more than four 115s to earn a 72-hr ship token. So, now after roughly four-and-a-half (4.36) 115 targets, we get at most 5 days of tokens. If we can truly buy all we want (just have to earn points to buy more), then we need to hit nine 115 targets to claim 10 days of ship build tokens.

Not work like that. The tokens are limited, see in the screenshot where it says "0/1" by the tokens? You get at most 5 days of ship build tokens per week. Period. You are no longer gated by new prizes because even in the first week of FM after raid you can just grind out enough points to claim all of the new prizes and then still grind more to claim the tokens.

Since the maximum tokens per week is now 5 days you still are able to earn less then the old system where you would not be able to earn any tokens at all until the second FM after raid because where could earn a 2-day from tier 4 and a 2+1 or 3 from tier 5 (5-8 total) and then weeks 3 and 4 netting you 10-14 giving a total of 25-36 for the 4 weeks between raids. In the new system the max you can earn in a 4 week cycle is 20 so 5 days less then not even earning a single 3 day token in 4 weeks of the old system. 
    It is limited tokens but if u spend the token can't u redeem another one/ Just like in the raid, once u reach the your limit u can spend to claim more. Just curious if this works the same way.
  • CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,261
    I want to thank everyone for their feedback.  The team has made changes to our plans based on them.  Those changes can be found here:  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/715055/p1
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
    Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
    Not sure about the rules
This discussion has been closed.