Forsaken Mission Changes - Starts 10/25

• Defaulted_One
    Defaulted_One
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 104
    if the point example TFC posted is anywhere near the real point values we will see, i think my return to the game will be short lived. Barely had time to do the FM in its current format. not gonna commit to a weekly raid. Well figure it out on wednesday i guess.
  • Blackknight452
    Blackknight452
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 191
    so are we only allowed one prize from each teir a week ? or can  we just keep buying more stuff by getting more points?

you can claim as many prizes as you want from each tier as long as you can obtain the points EXCEPT for tokens !!! we been screwed out on roughly half the amount of tokens we usually get per month !!!
    blackknight

• The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,004
    so are we only allowed one prize from each teir a week ? or can  we just keep buying more stuff by getting more points?

From this thread on page three.

The top one answers your question.
  • sparrowslegacy
    sparrowslegacy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12
    looking at the screen shot of the new setup, we'll be able to get 1 token from each tier instead of the 2 we have been getting. (look at the redemption limit on the token, in the screen shot)
  • mrdumb
    mrdumb
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 39
    This should be interesting.  I just finished my Zelos yesterday, which allows me to get through an 88 without damage even though I'm using a crappy partially finished fleet of 1 Citadel with Judgment morts, and 3 Berzerkers with a combo of Judgment and Pandemonium.  None of the mortar chuckers have all of their special slots filled, and some don't have all of the weapon slots filled.  Still, it can get through an 88 in 3 stages.  I wonder if the 89 will still be doable.  My first mono is being built now, so it should help once I have at least 2 of those.  I won't be able to go after the 115 right away, so perhaps I can benefit from watching other people.

I spent $15 to buy a full H-Tide fleet about a month ago (thanks for the offer, Kix!), so it won't hurt much that the FM doesn't grant U anymore, at least until the U targets change.  Hopefully I will be done with Monos by then so I can start building Hunters.  Being able to take build tokens without waiting a year to get caught up in FM should help.  If Kix could throw me a bone with another Call to Arms TLC, that would also be appreciated.

There's some talk about what level players should need uranium, and what level player should have a fleet that can get it outside the FM.  My personal experience is that if I couldn't buy that H-Tide fleet, I would have no other way to get U starting next week.  But even at just level 57, 3.5 months after starting the account, I already go through a few hundred thousand U each week on building upgrades and retro lab research.

If I were only getting U from the FM, I'd be a bit further behind, especially on retros, but I would still need U on a regular basis.  I picked up the Ironclad in the last store raid, so I guess I could take time out of building a better FM fleet in order to build that, but life sure is better since I don't have to do that.  I'm kind of hoping Kixeye will offer me an Ironclad or Cannoneer fleet in a couple of months like they did with Apollos and Tides.

I saw a reference to points being balanced so that we'll have to hit the same number of targets as usual in order to pick up our prizes, but then I saw a list of points per target and points per prize that did not add up that way.  For instance, T5 can be done once for 3 113s and 3 88s.  For the highest priced T5 prize, it would now take 5 115s just for that prize... not counting the T1 through T4 prizes that we currently get along the way but will now have to buy separately.  I hope those point values were not official.

On the plus side, I like the idea of being able to pick the prize I want instead of waiting months while I add worthless armors to my intel lab.  I skipped through most of the 19 pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been explained.  If we already have all of the blueprints from a tier, will we be able to pick up 2 tokens instead of just 1?

Started playing 7/7/2017.
    FM T2 twice on 7/22/2017.
    FM T3 on 8/21/2017.
    FM T4 on 9/10/2017.
  • hans.meilenstein
    hans.meilenstein
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 64
    edited 22 Oct 2017, 7:46AM
    i will see how the fm is..if its harder for me, than i lost my last fun in the game

my clan boss said, my fleet will work a few month, now i dont like him :dizzy:

• Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 622
    edited 22 Oct 2017, 9:04AM
    ignore, misread something....

• Kapitan_Krapalot
    Kapitan_Krapalot
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 1,502
    mrdumb said:
    This should be interesting.  I just finished my Zelos yesterday, which allows me to get through an 88 without damage even though I'm using a crappy partially finished fleet of 1 Citadel with Judgment morts, and 3 Berzerkers with a combo of Judgment and Pandemonium.  None of the mortar chuckers have all of their special slots filled, and some don't have all of the weapon slots filled.  Still, it can get through an 88 in 3 stages.  I wonder if the 89 will still be doable.  My first mono is being built now, so it should help once I have at least 2 of those.  I won't be able to go after the 115 right away, so perhaps I can benefit from watching other people.

In reference to your current FM fleet. I'm likewise using a Zelos with a build provided to me by one of our Mods. (Thanks again, Mr Unnamed, it works awesomely) have 2 Cits & 2 Zerks fully equipped with Coaxial FireStorms, Siege Targeting 3 (R15) Combustion System 2 (again, R15) & I forget the 3rd special on the Zerks, & the Cits the same but with a speed upgrade.
    The Zelos is sans Charged Armour M atm (will fit in time) & the Zerks kind of die a bit 1/2 way through, but the point I'm making is this: Aim higher. Yes, you'll take damage, but it's better than grinding 88s. I don't mind the repair time (4 & 1/2 hours on my 1st run, 7 on my send due to bad luck) because it gives me time away from the game. The Zelos I have to say.. Awesome hull. I'm out of date by 9 months, came back 2 weeks ago & will see my 1st T5 prize tomorrow (Quake Cannon) (I was up to date in the FM when I stopped)
    As to the new targets? I share the apprehension of others, but will **** about it later if I need to.
    I understand that you're making a new hull, but the current you should maximise for damage, taking a little time to finish them to maximise their capabilities while working up their replacement.
    Some may disagree with me there, but that's their call. 
    A pirate who hates stupid, lazy pirates who don't work for their tech, nor attempt to improve themselves by application of effort.
    Hulls won: A lot, including many I won't even bother to build. Hulls not won: More than I care to name, & plenty I don't want.
  • Joe Mumma
    Joe Mumma
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 355
    why are ppl comlaining ,, it hasnt even happend yet lol

had a 3 year break now catching up lol
  • jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 336
    I knew they would give out less tokens when we got second ship yard 
  • PirateJack80
    PirateJack80
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 48
    Only 1 Structure Build (24H)? No More Structure Build tokens? 
    **** it will be hard if you can not hit 115s
  • Digits_Brigade
    Digits_Brigade
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 454
    I remember in past FM changes, they did it slowly.  They would put out the new targets for a few weeks for people to test and adapt their fleets.  Now it's just BANG....no prepare time, new targets, new points system, with little or no notice.
  • samsonthedestroyer
    samsonthedestroyer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 1
    any complaints  can be filed by calling 900-kix-kares
  • Mad Viking
    Mad Viking
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 180
    I remember in past FM changes, they did it slowly.  They would put out the new targets for a few weeks for people to test and adapt their fleets.  Now it's just BANG....no prepare time, new targets, new points system, with little or no notice.
    But they told us a week ahead of time! Thats lots of notice! Oh wait, they didn't tell us what the new target are.. hmm. Well still, they told us!
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    So just to be clear, i worked my **** off building a fleet for the FM, got it just how i wanted it, based on these targets not changing for a whole year, and now, a few months down the line, the targets ARE changing.

IF our fleets work as they did and we don't need to put a load of extra work in, then i don't necessarily see an issue here, BUT given Kixeye's track record I have a sneaking suspicion that this "re-balance" balances things more in Kixeye's favour. Time will tell I guess.

I'm not liking what i'm seeing so far though.
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • Joe Mumma
    Joe Mumma
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 355
    i feel its not going to be all that much difrent and be more helpfull to lower lvl players with all the extra tokens

had a 3 year break now catching up lol
  • michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 215
    this all sounds rather bad so good job kix u will have done it again same as always .1 step foward 30 steps back some would say clueless even 

• michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 215
    edited 22 Oct 2017, 10:36PM
    so much for making the point needed to get the same prizes the same lmao its almost double the amount of 115 as 113 that u now need hit learn how to count  lol kix u tell nothing but lies p.s thanks for the 113s that will not change for the next year thats what u said here is the target for the next year u lie u sux  .guees your built in lag is not getting enough gold shame shame shame u need to clean up your act as u except money from players im sure there would be some sort of consumer laws about misleading info hmmmmmmmm something to think about
  • James5446
    James5446
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 491
    we should be able to use excess raid points to buy resources. not just 500%, but full or overfull. 
  • mr_ed_utd
    mr_ed_utd
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5
    ? so can i build points and get top tier or do i have to do 1 then 2 and so on or can skip to top?
  • cmarch_82
    cmarch_82
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 20
    I just want to focus on this quote. "I am sorry for the previous incorrect information that we were not changing the targets." Previously incorrect? Seriously? It is incorrect because you changed the targets had you not it would not have been "previously incorrect". 
  • Baron Hyatt
    Baron Hyatt
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 40
    think it is time to leave the game 
  • gverhaar
    gverhaar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 130

New Target             

New Points

Name                                                       

Prize Pack            

Points Cost         

Redemption Limit

Muddle Missile (PVP)

Alloy Panels COM (PVP))

Explosive Plate VI (PVP)

Ship Build Token (72 Hr)

if you can do the 115 then 4,5 hits for top prize. (that's one more than before). But no top prizes if you can't do them. Realistically your screwed if you cant do them
This discussion has been closed.