Update 10/17 Official Discussion Thread

  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Moderator
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,915
    nothin about the FM in release notes

    does that mean there is no addition/change to FM prize list??
    It is coming next week. This week if you had all prizes from before raid you get tokens.
    Direct link to Player Report
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • P3B
    P3B
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 23
    John1975 said:



    his mind got nothin to do with this , but you guys have a sort of imagination that blinds you from real possibilities

    planning is a basic thing that doesnt even need creativity 
    no imagination needed OP 10 18 ish days  SY 10 13 days WL 4 days  New SY 42 days     87 days worth tokens even full bank cant get 87 days tokens in a 30 day time frame.  even 60 day time frame  
    If you hoarded structure tokens, you could easily get things done. 3 max for the 12 day = 36 days alone. 5 day tokens (I forget the max, 5?), 7 day tokens (think the max was 5), 1 day tokens(max 2), 2 day tokens(max 5) ... there was A LOT available.  Some people used them for the new turrets, others saved them for the structures. He may have held onto them since Kixeye gave a huge advanced warning that OP 10 was coming.  
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 472
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:
    Hmm.... Chances.... new hulls..... 13 day build time bare EACH...... Those hulls (plural)...... THIS weekend...... So, there are at least 26 build tokens usable for Apex and P Fang in the FM this week or somebody is pulling our leg?
    there is a way to speed up the builds of these hulls in time for VXP
    granted, it's not for everyone.....but no leg pulling is needed.
    I'm sure the possible 10 days worth of build tokens in this week's FM will help a lot of players out too.

    615 coin per BARE hull is kind of the definition of leg pulling. 10 days of build tokens is a place to start for well over a month of hull build after using them in 3 (THREE) days. There is the Apex Hunter and P fang plus one more Hunter to build plus two Courage added to the two Twinblade for the Conq yard that will be done in a couple months. I am sure the next Bounty will be postponed until the Courage and Twinblades are built right? After building the Hunter fleet. Since Conq yard will not be done yet and the yard currently building the Hunter fleet should be idle for 14 days to upgrade it first right? You find this totally acceptable right? With a straight face, for real? Not funny at all? I found the statement amusing. All these hulls in 3 days. That's funny stuff.
    my conq yard is done.

    my fangs are done and ranked including p fang.

    3 of my hunters are built fairly bare, and at 70% rank.

    i'll have my last hunter and apex ready for ranking before the vxp weekend.

    all will be skulled this weekend.

    for a total of zero coins.

    a little planning goes a long way ...
    Id be quite interested in knowing how you did this for zero coins. I went into the last raid with a full bank of tokens. completed the FN to T5 every week, did all the campaigns where tokens were available and won every token available this raid and ALL my shipyard time was spent on these skirmish hulls and im not that far....

    you forget Bort is awesome...in his own mind ;)



    his mind got nothin to do with this , but you guys have a sort of imagination that blinds you from real possibilities

    planning is a basic thing that doesnt even need creativity 

    you may also have read where No NEW FM prizes this week, so if you are caught up you will get tokens

    BUT changes to FM next week


  • John1975
    John1975
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,937
    P3B said:
    John1975 said:



    his mind got nothin to do with this , but you guys have a sort of imagination that blinds you from real possibilities

    planning is a basic thing that doesnt even need creativity 
    no imagination needed OP 10 18 ish days  SY 10 13 days WL 4 days  New SY 42 days     87 days worth tokens even full bank cant get 87 days tokens in a 30 day time frame.  even 60 day time frame  
    If you hoarded structure tokens, you could easily get things done. 3 max for the 12 day = 36 days alone. 5 day tokens (I forget the max, 5?), 7 day tokens (think the max was 5), 1 day tokens(max 2), 2 day tokens(max 5) ... there was A LOT available.  Some people used them for the new turrets, others saved them for the structures. He may have held onto them since Kixeye gave a huge advanced warning that OP 10 was coming.  
    I did not know there was a 12 day token. that makes a big difference. I have never seen anything give 12 day ones.
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Moderator
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,915
    John1975 said:
    P3B said:
    John1975 said:



    his mind got nothin to do with this , but you guys have a sort of imagination that blinds you from real possibilities

    planning is a basic thing that doesnt even need creativity 
    no imagination needed OP 10 18 ish days  SY 10 13 days WL 4 days  New SY 42 days     87 days worth tokens even full bank cant get 87 days tokens in a 30 day time frame.  even 60 day time frame  
    If you hoarded structure tokens, you could easily get things done. 3 max for the 12 day = 36 days alone. 5 day tokens (I forget the max, 5?), 7 day tokens (think the max was 5), 1 day tokens(max 2), 2 day tokens(max 5) ... there was A LOT available.  Some people used them for the new turrets, others saved them for the structures. He may have held onto them since Kixeye gave a huge advanced warning that OP 10 was coming.  
    I did not know there was a 12 day token. that makes a big difference. I have never seen anything give 12 day ones.
    They were in the Gluttony campaign both times it was run.
    Direct link to Player Report
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 762
    bort said:
    bort said:
    Hmm.... Chances.... new hulls..... 13 day build time bare EACH...... Those hulls (plural)...... THIS weekend...... So, there are at least 26 build tokens usable for Apex and P Fang in the FM this week or somebody is pulling our leg?
    there is a way to speed up the builds of these hulls in time for VXP
    granted, it's not for everyone.....but no leg pulling is needed.
    I'm sure the possible 10 days worth of build tokens in this week's FM will help a lot of players out too.

    615 coin per BARE hull is kind of the definition of leg pulling. 10 days of build tokens is a place to start for well over a month of hull build after using them in 3 (THREE) days. There is the Apex Hunter and P fang plus one more Hunter to build plus two Courage added to the two Twinblade for the Conq yard that will be done in a couple months. I am sure the next Bounty will be postponed until the Courage and Twinblades are built right? After building the Hunter fleet. Since Conq yard will not be done yet and the yard currently building the Hunter fleet should be idle for 14 days to upgrade it first right? You find this totally acceptable right? With a straight face, for real? Not funny at all? I found the statement amusing. All these hulls in 3 days. That's funny stuff.
    my conq yard is done.

    my fangs are done and ranked including p fang.

    3 of my hunters are built fairly bare, and at 70% rank.

    i'll have my last hunter and apex ready for ranking before the vxp weekend.

    all will be skulled this weekend.

    for a total of zero coins.

    a little planning goes a long way ...
    Id be quite interested in knowing how you did this for zero coins. I went into the last raid with a full bank of tokens. completed the FN to T5 every week, did all the campaigns where tokens were available and won every token available this raid and ALL my shipyard time was spent on these skirmish hulls and im not that far....

    guide section shows you ....

    you needed to go into the raid before with a full bank of tokens, not the last raid. (or is that what you meant?)
    i went into the hull store with a full bank of tokens

  • James918
    James918
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 95
    There is an update coming to the FM,  which is more than just the prizes,  coming next week.
    I do feel a 6th Tier coming with all the new T7 gear that they dropped in the LTC last month, i wouldn't be surprised to see either more of it, or it there. Though the nice thing about a new tier would be new tokens. I am optimistic on this one. 
  • James918
    James918
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 95
    beel78 said:
    I foresee a 6th tier in the Fm.  Along with another higher point target than the 113 and a restructuring of current prizes.  hence the unheard of week delay in the FM directly following the raid.
    I think we should all be quite grateful for this week delay in the implementation of this new FM change. it is obviously clear that to be able to be the most successful in the upcoming raid you will want both hulls, we just got apex hunter and empty it has like 12 days of build time, so for everyone who can at least hit the 2 day token that brings it down so you can get it through VXP, it is likely that there will be a massive change to prize pools that may leave many of us not getting tokens for many weeks. And being able to get a head start on either hunters for those who have fangs, and fangs for those who went hunters will be very welcome if we are unable to get any more tokens until past next raid. 

  • James918
    James918
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 95
    Nice to have the opportunity to get the ship build tokens before VXP weekend, so thanks for that.

    Also nice to have the defender VXP as rewards in VXP weekend.

    Question, though: Will hunters/fangteeth TOTALLY resist the slow, or just partially?

    Also, what's happened to the daily campaigns???
    I am sure that Fangteeth and Hunters will Totally resist the slow, the way Unreactive works now, any ship that has a unreactive of 0 secs is totally unractive, means the slow will hit and immediately be shed; at least this is how i understood it. 
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,551
    bort said:
    Hmm.... Chances.... new hulls..... 13 day build time bare EACH...... Those hulls (plural)...... THIS weekend...... So, there are at least 26 build tokens usable for Apex and P Fang in the FM this week or somebody is pulling our leg?
    there is a way to speed up the builds of these hulls in time for VXP
    granted, it's not for everyone.....but no leg pulling is needed.
    I'm sure the possible 10 days worth of build tokens in this week's FM will help a lot of players out too.

    615 coin per BARE hull is kind of the definition of leg pulling. 10 days of build tokens is a place to start for well over a month of hull build after using them in 3 (THREE) days. There is the Apex Hunter and P fang plus one more Hunter to build plus two Courage added to the two Twinblade for the Conq yard that will be done in a couple months. I am sure the next Bounty will be postponed until the Courage and Twinblades are built right? After building the Hunter fleet. Since Conq yard will not be done yet and the yard currently building the Hunter fleet should be idle for 14 days to upgrade it first right? You find this totally acceptable right? With a straight face, for real? Not funny at all? I found the statement amusing. All these hulls in 3 days. That's funny stuff.
    my conq yard is done.

    my fangs are done and ranked including p fang.

    3 of my hunters are built fairly bare, and at 70% rank.

    i'll have my last hunter and apex ready for ranking before the vxp weekend.

    all will be skulled this weekend.

    for a total of zero coins.

    a little planning goes a long way ...
    Yup, just about the same here.
    With my first 40m from the raid I got the 20d of structure tokens and finished my cYard.
    My fangs are almost done, they need a few more torps and an charged armor or two. (but they're skulled).
    I have 4 blank hunters I cranked out during the raid.
    I just finished my 3del pfang with the raid tokens(5d), pfang tokens(5d), and camp tokens (3d) - 14d done in a day. 
    Started a blank apex - with the FM tokens itll be done for vxp. 

    When you spend coins, you are buying time. It baffles me time management is so poor among players. 
    How many complaints does it take ?
    My dad used to say; Ask a girl if she will sleep with you for 1 million dollars. If she says yes, ask if she will sleep with your for $1. She will most likely be insulted, but you've established that this girl has a price and now its just a matter of negotiating.  
    We've established that nothing Kix says or does is set in stone, there is no trust and no respect - now its just a matter of negotiating.  
  • S0ULHEX
    S0ULHEX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 124
    John1975 said:



    his mind got nothin to do with this , but you guys have a sort of imagination that blinds you from real possibilities

    planning is a basic thing that doesnt even need creativity 
    no imagination needed OP 10 18 ish days  SY 10 13 days WL 4 days  New SY 42 days     87 days worth tokens even full bank cant get 87 days tokens in a 30 day time frame.  even 60 day time frame  
    some ppl had well in the 80 days in tokens saved from the glutt camps and other stuff so its possible especially with the tokens this last raid. My only wonder is the fang fleet built cuz i had to do a coin deal for mine but i could understand if it was a minimal build. I had charged armors and several specials on mine. Also missed a chance at 1 set of fm tokens so id probably give 5d to that
    My faction is Daedric

    image
  • John1975
    John1975
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,937

    Yup, just about the same here.
    With my first 40m from the raid I got the 20d of structure tokens and finished my cYard.
    My fangs are almost done, they need a few more torps and an charged armor or two. (but they're skulled).
    I have 4 blank hunters I cranked out during the raid.
    I just finished my 3del pfang with the raid tokens(5d), pfang tokens(5d), and camp tokens (3d) - 14d done in a day. 
    Started a blank apex - with the FM tokens itll be done for vxp. 

    When you spend coins, you are buying time. It baffles me time management is so poor among players. 
    Us spenders with poor time management make it so you can play the game with your great time management skills.  You are welcome enjoy the game. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • kixeyeuser_1375899974939_12324_161649786
    kixeyeuser_1375899974939_12324_161649786
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 529
    Ok why do you insist on the vxp being raid targets.. Go back to when they were something different for all ships verse trying to get inside secrete info on how we will respond to raid targets.
    "Known issue, WORKING AS INTENDED"
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Moderator
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,915
    Ok why do you insist on the vxp being raid targets.. Go back to when they were something different for all ships verse trying to get inside secrete info on how we will respond to raid targets.
    We just finished the raid. They know how we do the targets.
    Direct link to Player Report
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • S0ULHEX
    S0ULHEX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 124
    Ok why do you insist on the vxp being raid targets.. Go back to when they were something different for all ships verse trying to get inside secrete info on how we will respond to raid targets.
    Ok why do you insist on the vxp being raid targets.. Go back to when they were something different for all ships verse trying to get inside secrete info on how we will respond to raid targets.
    We just finished the raid. They know how we do the targets.
    There are other targets for vxp. The unidentified fleets and salvs. Also they gave the opportunity to win defense hull vxp tokens in the 100s which is excellent for those that say dont have courage built yet
    My faction is Daedric

    image
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 497
    S0ULHEX said:
    Ok why do you insist on the vxp being raid targets.. Go back to when they were something different for all ships verse trying to get inside secrete info on how we will respond to raid targets.
    Ok why do you insist on the vxp being raid targets.. Go back to when they were something different for all ships verse trying to get inside secrete info on how we will respond to raid targets.
    We just finished the raid. They know how we do the targets.
    There are other targets for vxp. The unidentified fleets and salvs. Also they gave the opportunity to win defense hull vxp tokens in the 100s which is excellent for those that say dont have courage built yet
    would be nice an open game for all right, so now the vpx tokens are only for players than can do raids , thats a little not player friendly i think  , ok give more vpx to fleet but gives vpx deffender its little punish for those that cant do raids and have deffensive hulls to rank like courage , the courage was not even exclusive from raid , i got mines on the bounty , so why punish me because i dont have a raid fleet , this game getting more exclusive than ever 
    DarKCloWn
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7,462
    John1975 said:

    Yup, just about the same here.
    With my first 40m from the raid I got the 20d of structure tokens and finished my cYard.
    My fangs are almost done, they need a few more torps and an charged armor or two. (but they're skulled).
    I have 4 blank hunters I cranked out during the raid.
    I just finished my 3del pfang with the raid tokens(5d), pfang tokens(5d), and camp tokens (3d) - 14d done in a day. 
    Started a blank apex - with the FM tokens itll be done for vxp. 

    When you spend coins, you are buying time. It baffles me time management is so poor among players. 
    Us spenders with poor time management make it so you can play the game with your great time management skills.  You are welcome enjoy the game. 
    i appreciate that there are players that pay for my game. thanks for that.

    given you're now aware on the structure tokens, seems to me that part of your earlier question is now resolved. From memory Laredo calculated it out to just over 100 days of saved tokens were possible.

    on the fang side. my fangs going into the raid based on my post before the raid started, were a little under 70 days of build time. Largely without armor, and you didnt really need it anyways unless you made mistakes.

    28 days elapsed time between raids
    8 days from the previous fm before the hullstore raid
    6 days from the hullstore raid
    20 days or so from the FM
    6 day phantom token from the TLC
    4 days skirmish tokens from the tlc (can't remember if it was 4 or more - probably was).

    Job done. Fangs built. 

  • James918
    James918
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 95
    edited 17 Oct 2017, 10:54PM
    bort said:
    Hmm.... Chances.... new hulls..... 13 day build time bare EACH...... Those hulls (plural)...... THIS weekend...... So, there are at least 26 build tokens usable for Apex and P Fang in the FM this week or somebody is pulling our leg?
    there is a way to speed up the builds of these hulls in time for VXP
    granted, it's not for everyone.....but no leg pulling is needed.
    I'm sure the possible 10 days worth of build tokens in this week's FM will help a lot of players out too.

    615 coin per BARE hull is kind of the definition of leg pulling. 10 days of build tokens is a place to start for well over a month of hull build after using them in 3 (THREE) days. There is the Apex Hunter and P fang plus one more Hunter to build plus two Courage added to the two Twinblade for the Conq yard that will be done in a couple months. I am sure the next Bounty will be postponed until the Courage and Twinblades are built right? After building the Hunter fleet. Since Conq yard will not be done yet and the yard currently building the Hunter fleet should be idle for 14 days to upgrade it first right? You find this totally acceptable right? With a straight face, for real? Not funny at all? I found the statement amusing. All these hulls in 3 days. That's funny stuff.
    my conq yard is done.

    my fangs are done and ranked including p fang.

    3 of my hunters are built fairly bare, and at 70% rank.

    i'll have my last hunter and apex ready for ranking before the vxp weekend.

    all will be skulled this weekend.

    for a total of zero coins.

    a little planning goes a long way ...
    Id be quite interested in knowing how you did this for zero coins. I went into the last raid with a full bank of tokens. completed the FN to T5 every week, did all the campaigns where tokens were available and won every token available this raid and ALL my shipyard time was spent on these skirmish hulls and im not that far....

    My Conquest yard is on build, i have a full fleet of PFangs (which i did coin the refit on a single fangtooth shell, and 1 day on another shell refit) i used the beginning of the last raid with my PF and 3 normal fangs to get enough points for all the ship build tokens to finish my last fang. I used the next 30 mil to get the 6 2 day structure build tokens to get my shipyard instant upgraded, so i could put the conquest yard on build. Then i used 16 mil and the 13 build tokens i had from the last hunter LTC and i was able to pop out 4 hunter shells during the raid, and then immediately started my apex build which is at 12 days, easily finished with this weeks tokens. (To be certain i learned that you really need to go into a raid with full resources, because this drained my metal to nothing; i found it difficult to replenish with just subs. )  

    I am not sure how he did it with zero coin, but i think the overall motto of a little planning goes a long way is quite accurate, i spend some coin but, i make sure i only spend it where i need to. 

  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,930
    edited 17 Oct 2017, 10:59PM
    FM changes.  Hmmm   Maybe they going to add titanium and baseparts into the payouts for completing each FM lvl. Help with the chore reduction. :)
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Moderator
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,915
    S0ULHEX said:
    Ok why do you insist on the vxp being raid targets.. Go back to when they were something different for all ships verse trying to get inside secrete info on how we will respond to raid targets.
    Ok why do you insist on the vxp being raid targets.. Go back to when they were something different for all ships verse trying to get inside secrete info on how we will respond to raid targets.
    We just finished the raid. They know how we do the targets.
    There are other targets for vxp. The unidentified fleets and salvs. Also they gave the opportunity to win defense hull vxp tokens in the 100s which is excellent for those that say dont have courage built yet
    If the 100's are the same as last month, then they are the 89 blitz target from the raid.
    Direct link to Player Report
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,937
    bort said:
    John1975 said:

    Yup, just about the same here.
    With my first 40m from the raid I got the 20d of structure tokens and finished my cYard.
    My fangs are almost done, they need a few more torps and an charged armor or two. (but they're skulled).
    I have 4 blank hunters I cranked out during the raid.
    I just finished my 3del pfang with the raid tokens(5d), pfang tokens(5d), and camp tokens (3d) - 14d done in a day. 
    Started a blank apex - with the FM tokens itll be done for vxp. 

    When you spend coins, you are buying time. It baffles me time management is so poor among players. 
    Us spenders with poor time management make it so you can play the game with your great time management skills.  You are welcome enjoy the game. 
    i appreciate that there are players that pay for my game. thanks for that.

    given you're now aware on the structure tokens, seems to me that part of your earlier question is now resolved. From memory Laredo calculated it out to just over 100 days of saved tokens were possible.

    on the fang side. my fangs going into the raid based on my post before the raid started, were a little under 70 days of build time. Largely without armor, and you didnt really need it anyways unless you made mistakes.

    28 days elapsed time between raids
    8 days from the previous fm before the hullstore raid
    6 days from the hullstore raid
    20 days or so from the FM
    6 day phantom token from the TLC
    4 days skirmish tokens from the tlc (can't remember if it was 4 or more - probably was).

    Job done. Fangs built. 

    I did not know about the 12 day tokens so it was not adding up.  I was wrong you were right and my apologies for calling you out. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • joey.zambori
    joey.zambori
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1
    hmm, strange, while I am happy with the coming update to the fm, I think the old fm system was good for lower levels to actually get blueprints and proceed forward and level higher, with this new fm I have found it very repetitive getting only tokens from them while the old one changed every week with its prizes. I am curious with what this update will hold.

    on a side note, what the **** is with the thermonuclear launcher, is it a mega ship weapon, cause I cant find a ship that can use it?
  • Jane Sparrow
    Jane Sparrow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 117
    P3B said:
    John1975 said:



    his mind got nothin to do with this , but you guys have a sort of imagination that blinds you from real possibilities

    planning is a basic thing that doesnt even need creativity 
    no imagination needed OP 10 18 ish days  SY 10 13 days WL 4 days  New SY 42 days     87 days worth tokens even full bank cant get 87 days tokens in a 30 day time frame.  even 60 day time frame  
    If you hoarded structure tokens, you could easily get things done. 3 max for the 12 day = 36 days alone. 5 day tokens (I forget the max, 5?), 7 day tokens (think the max was 5), 1 day tokens(max 2), 2 day tokens(max 5) ... there was A LOT available.  Some people used them for the new turrets, others saved them for the structures. He may have held onto them since Kixeye gave a huge advanced warning that OP 10 was coming.  
    I wasn't maxed and had 74 days. We knew this was coming and I planned accordingly as did others. Spot on P3B.
  • Saltykok
    Saltykok
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 15
    still stuck in my base...thought the issue was resolved?? now i have 2 fleets on world map because fleets will launch,but i'm still stuck lol

  • tdc012
    tdc012
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 141

    @joey.zambori said:
    hmm, strange, while I am happy with the coming update to the fm, I think the old fm system was good for lower levels to actually get blueprints and proceed forward and level higher, with this new fm I have found it very repetitive getting only tokens from them while the old one changed every week with its prizes. I am curious with what this update will hold.

    on a side note, what the **** is with the thermonuclear launcher, is it a mega ship weapon, cause I cant find a ship that can use it?

    Thermo launcher goes in a heavy weapon slot, like on the retribution.

  • GrizzlyHD277
    GrizzlyHD277
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 180
    This week i am good with the camps as i have a mega, however i feel Kix should go off having one mega and one non mega camp giving everyone something to do than just have one mega camp keeps everyone busy!
  • LordSmithers
    LordSmithers
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,022
    beel78 said:
    I foresee a 6th tier in the Fm.  Along with another higher point target than the 113 and a restructuring of current prizes.  hence the unheard of week delay in the FM directly following the raid.
    Dear ****, and here I am just trying to reach T5, lol.
    Nobody cares about what stupid ships you won.
  • SIF
    SIF
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 872
    John1975 said:

    it was all done coin free.

    the game is just not that difficult.
    Ok for 1 My phantom fang fleet build took approx 50 days worth of tokens with 2 hulls full of torps already coined.   They came out roughly 30 days ago. there has not been that many free tokens in that time frame.  Plus the hunters you said you did.  I did the hunter TLC I had to use the skirmish tokes for my fangs + the 50 days worth I purchased. That left me with 10 days MK1 specific tokens + 10 from raid total 20 tokens which made 2 Mk1 with all weapons/spec no armor had to cook ea one for 2 days they were 12 day build.     Not to mention to get to new SY 42 day build  you need OP 10 I coined for the 1/2 price sale 480 gold I thinks days were 18 ??   Plus you need WL done 4 days then can do SY 5 13 days  then you can start the 42 day new SY.  Sorry you did not do all of that in last 30 ish days for free with tokens. 
    Tokens. FM: tokens. Hunter camp: tokens. Phantom Fang camp: tokens. Raid: tokens. Tons of tokens.

    For the buildings.

    I believe you missed the Glut camp several times. I believe anything OP9 related has allowed Base Parts for over 6 months, so many us had had our bases "done" for quite a while without having to coin or otherwise speed up upgrades. I know mine was, so I went into Glut camp with nothing to use the tokens won there. Portals was an option but I chose to slow build mine except for 1 12 day token I was forced to either use or lose when I completed a prize pack. OP10 was released during a raid prize redemption where 10 2 day tokens were available. Bam, OP10 done instantly without anyone even having to dig into their stash. You just had to have done well enough that raid. I used a couple of those 2 day tokens on an Epic Cat for no reason. I thought I was going to lose them anyway. In addition to the 20 days of tokens available during that raid, I went into the OP10 release with 2 (maybe even 3 from when they'd bumped the cap) 1 day tokens, 5 2 day tokens, 1 5 day token, 4 (out of max 5) 7 day tokens, and 3 12 day tokens. After OP10 done, Weapons Lab probably got a 2 day and some 1 day tokens. Shipyard 5? A 12 day token and 1 or 2 1 day tokens from most recent FM and no downtime. Dock 14? Slow upgrade. No reason to hurry it. Advanced Lab I know i used a 5d token. Conq Yard is 38 days with an officer. The 42 days is a display bug. 2 x 12 day tokens + 2 x 7 day tokens = 38 days and it was finished instantly. All the recent upgrades could have been done instantly with token hoarding over the summer. I still have a 7 day token in my inventory that could have been used to speed up Dock 14. My Weapons Lab may have been done with a 7 day token since I can't account for it otherwise.

    As for ships.

    The Hidden Depths camp provided both build and VXP tokens. Between those VXP tokens and a couple Skirmish VXP tokens, my Phantom was skulled between its initial build with 1 torp and full build without ever leaving the dock. I can't remember exactly how many build tokens were available but it was enough to cover most of the shell. I think 11 or 12 days of ship specific tokens.

    The Hunter camp I think gave a max of 21 days of Hunter specific tokens plus semi-generic Skirmish build tokens. I think I used all of the latter getting my PFang done. The former I got enough to get 2 Hunters half built. 10 more days of Hunter tokens in this raid got 2 more shells on the water. Apex is in yard now with 4 days left for a 1 weapon build. Bort's ahead of me somehow on the regular Fangs. I have 3 Fangs loaded with weapons, half armor, and missing 1 undecided special each. The 4th is missing weapons and has no armor. They'll all be done well before next month's raid which was always the plan. Having the flag built for first raid of cycle was actually unexpected and only possible because Kix made so many tokens available for it.

    To give you a general idea of just how many tokens Kix has started making available, I have around 700 days of ship specific tokens in my inventory right now. While many are for obsolete ships I'll never and probably no one should build, they're there. I have over 150 days of Monolith and Icebreaker tokens alone. Those are still very relevant ships. I also still have Rivals (Tier 6 Conqueror Ships) tokens I've yet to use. There have been many more tokens which I had and did use. People are still complaining Kix has done nothing to address building times like they promised last year. I have multiple entire fleets, both PvE and PvP, that were built entirely through tokens: Zelos, Libs, Opps, Inqs, Incs, Survivors, Gluts. My guess is tokens have pushed an extra 200-300 days (ship specific, in addition to raid and FM tokens) through my Shipyard this year and around 100 days of structure building.

    I think I've spent 1 coin speeding up a build in the past month. I spent a few on repairs during the raid and quite a few more during last month's first VXP weekend getting my 4 Fang shells ranked to 75% because I was busy and didn't want to deal with it. You do not have to spend $500 a month to keep up at building. More power to ya. Just saying there are other ways.

  • SIF
    SIF
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 872
    James918 said:
    There is an update coming to the FM,  which is more than just the prizes,  coming next week.
    I do feel a 6th Tier coming with all the new T7 gear that they dropped in the LTC last month, i wouldn't be surprised to see either more of it, or it there. Though the nice thing about a new tier would be new tokens. I am optimistic on this one. 
    15 packs of 1d research tokens would be nice. My retro lab is about the only place now where I feel I'll never catch up. Kix could run a TLC for just research tokens and I'd probably do it. I wasted months only retrofitting hulls that ended up in the foundry or ended up being upgraded for everyone for free.

    You're probably right about new levels of existing specials being added. But he did say it was more than just new items or prizes.

  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,186
    Purely speculation, so do NOT quote me on this, but I'm wondering if the FM is going the TLC route like the last raid.

    If so, we better be able to pick targets, rather than completing a full set. Those of us with zels/emps will be screwed if we have to hit 103's and the like.

    I wouldn't mind seeing these in a TLC, so long we can select targets independently.

    It would be nice to have some info before whatever change occurs? Anyone there? I need to stop speculating!!! lol 
Sign In or Register to comment.