Rampage's Question of the Week - Caress of Steel Tier 7 Ship specific targets

12346»
  • Captain-KEY
    Captain-KEY
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 235
    Better than previous events
    better than the previous 3-6 cycles, BUT I am concerned about the escalating 'cost' (price) of
    prizes. non flagships and flagships have increased 25-50% over the past year (roughly) while
    the points payouts are about the same. if this increase is not checked, I would expect 100mil
    flagships in 6-12 months
    level 111 and more ships than I can get built!
  • Crayan_C
    Crayan_C
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 50
    edited 18 Oct 2017, 6:49PM
    The Assault tier 7 targets was completely ridiculous...In my opinion if you didn't have Skyfires or Gutspill phoenix you're absolutely screwed...but yes some did it with phoenix only but anyways,

This raid i managed to do One which was Fangtooth depths but i wouldn't lie, they hit hard. kudos for that. Cant say i didn't enjoy this new raid format
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    Hunter camp should not be able to be done so easily with a Fang fleet, it is after all a "Hunter" camp

soo you are saying the SKILL hull should not be superior to the give away auto hull?

• TheSilent_Kill
    TheSilent_Kill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 748
    The same as previous events
    i went with the same as for 2 reasons.

First, I thought the balance of the targets was much better overall and that was really appreciated... however...

Second, I absolutely hated that you designed the first raid of a series around flagships.  Some people, with really good connection were able to use the fangtooths in any capacity to do well in the raid.  Those of us that cant rely on their connections and is why we typically choose the blitz hull, did not really have a chance to get a decent fleet ready.  Plus, having to have both fleets ready to get a bonus was absurd as well. 

In summary, the targets themselves were not bad.  The raid design was mucked up.

BP Name:  TheSilent_Kill [T249]

Level:  116

Alliance:  Team 249

• Mantewarless
    Mantewarless
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,173
    Crayan_C said:
    The Assault tier 7 targets was completely ridiculous...In my opinion if you didn't have Skyfires or Gutspill phoenix you're absolutely screwed...but yes some did it with phoenix only but anyways,

This raid i managed to do One which was Fangtooth depths but i wouldn't lie, they hit hard. kudos for that. Cant say i didn't enjoy this new raid format
    Not sure where you got that Skyfires and Phoenix were to be used for this raid....it is a sub raid.  You either use Fangtooth or MK-1 in the tier 7 targets.  This might explain why you didn't enjoy it so much.

Those who can...do.

Those who can't, whine and then call the do'ers  names.

Ever feel like you are in 1st grade?  If not...read the forums.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    better than the previous 3-6 cycles, BUT I am concerned about the escalating 'cost' (price) of
    prizes. non flagships and flagships have increased 25-50% over the past year (roughly) while
    the points payouts are about the same. if this increase is not checked, I would expect 100mil
    flagships in 6-12 months
    the payouts are not the same ....
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    Crayan_C said:

Not sure where you got that Skyfires and Phoenix were to be used for this raid....it is a sub raid.  You either use Fangtooth or MK-1 in the tier 7 targets.  This might explain why you didn't enjoy it so much.

If you read the post carefully, you'll see that paragraph 1 is referring to the last raid of the assault cycle, while paragraph 2 refers to the first raid of the skirmish cycle, which we've just had.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Yo-Hoe-Hoe
    Yo-Hoe-Hoe
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 610
    Dear CM Rampage, me personally I found the raid to be great, even though I wasnt't prepared with proper fleets, I still managed pretty good. Pigeon-holing in to having a very specific fleet, was a lil unfair, esp for the smaller players who don't/won't coin to have a somewhat fleet ready. The raid wasn't over the top dmg wise, but you still needed a good skill set driving to fair pretty good. Im not 1 for so-op targets as I believe people need to earn there way to the new shiny's, however having co-op in the towers, I think would of been a good idea and dish out points for what you kill and that should've evened out the points a lil better. Overall, I liked to concept and look forward to the next 2 raid as I will be  more prepared fleets wise. As I said, I'm not 1 for basicly spoon-feeding others thru co-op, a pts per dmg caused would be a great think to implement in any co-op targets in the future if you so choose to go the route. Very carful driving, since we had a bit, not much, but the chance you get wiped out for any small lil mistake, didn't appear this raid and for that I give kudo's... As others have said, not being able to help any of our alli mates besides the map targets, I wasn't a fan of, maybe that can be changed, but idk, that falls in to your court... Over all I thnk the raid was good for the most part and if any idea's that have already been posted happen to get implemented for the 2 raids and I'd almost be willing to bet that the payer base will be much happier... Thx
  • kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,984
    edited 20 Oct 2017, 1:03PM
    SUGGESTION: This is sort of related to the tier locking question.

I have always been a bit concerned that a high level (numerically) player missing the latest tech has a *terrible* time with raids because they only have the tech to hit Tier 4/5 targets, and get seriously penalized on points for hitting below their numerical level.

But now, with tier locking you can actually block Tier 6 fleets from hitting Tier 5/4 targets. This way you can leave the points unpenalized, and, by way of example, only allow HW and tides to hit Tier 5 targets in the current raid. You could then balance them properly without having to worry about making them 'auto' for fangs/hunters. 

As a time-saver, you could even use last year's A set targets as this year's B set, and by excluding the new hulls you assure those targets are balanced perfectly for last year's tech. This would also make last year's tech a more viable option for a low player raid?

Anyways, you get the idea. I was also suggesting the same tier-of-fleet limitation for PvP also. Just have the bases you could hit limited by the toughest tier ship owned and built by the base owner.....

Thanks!
  • Jspud001
    Jspud001
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 127
    I did not participate in the event
    Howdy Folks,

I wanted to check in with everyone since it was a huge topic of contention before the raid went live, about the Tier 7 Targets.  This event we had 2 Targets that were only for Tier 6 Hulls,  Hunter's Bay and Fangtooth Depths.  I know there was concerns about the targets, the point values,  prize costs, and seat time. 

I want to know what your experience with the Tier 7 targets was.
    No disrespect MR, but why are you doing this poll?

I ask as from the previous threads especially the one about the FM change, I do not see the point in this.....

It is irrelevant what this poll shows, how is it going to do anything apart from having players state their experience? Kix will not change anything unless it has an effect on $$. With that being said, why do you want to know how players T7 experience was??

How was your experience with T7?? I understand that you haven't been playing that long, less than me, so from that point I can understand why you'd want to know what it was like, as I didn't have a hull to get into them either....and that was with help in the previous raid.....plus guidance for the Hunter TLC...my fleets were not up to it unfortunately.

I didn't partake in the raid, I did watch though, and from comms in sector, quieter than usual (and there is not much to begin with anyway) the Fangtooth was "ok" don't know what was meant by that so will put my translation (doable with an ok damage ratio) but it took a while to do, the Hunter....I didn't hear many doing that and when I did see someone doing it (rarely) they were able to do it a lot quicker...I saw it done both ways with hunters and Fangs...I must say that the fangs didn't fair up as well as the hunters as a few shot hit them and they lost nearly half their health, the hunters did alright
  • GLADIAT0R
    GLADIAT0R
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 89
    Not good because we can not prepare T6 targets for friends.

• Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    The only downside that i can see is that the fangs were able to do the hunter campaign but the hunter couldnt do the fang campaign.
    That seems fair to me. The fang cost 100 million raid points. The Hunter took 20 mins in a TLC and came with tokens for build and VXP. The fang should be the better hull of the two, or what is the point of ever getting the top hull store prize?
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 1,763
    I participated in the event but did not hit a tier 7 target

@Professor Yana said:
    Pretty good, difficulty-wise. And the fact that you don't have to worry about people sniping the targets out from under you anymore is a definite plus.

the biggest downside is that you can't prep them for other players any more. However, given that there used to be co-op campaign tower targets in previous raids, perhaps you could re-incorporate that feature for future events?

^^^
    This last bit. Co-op for towers.

A pirate who hates stupid, lazy pirates who don't work for their tech, nor attempt to improve themselves by application of effort.
    Hulls won: A lot, including many I won't even bother to build. Hulls not won: More than I care to name, & plenty I don't want.
  • wrecksds7
    wrecksds7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 66
    I think that tier 7 targets should be able to be done with either fleet rather than having a specific fleet for each target. That's just my opinion, i think it should be doable with both fleets. 
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    SUGGESTION: This is sort of related to the tier locking question.

I have always been a bit concerned that a high level (numerically) player missing the latest tech has a *terrible* time with raids because they only have the tech to hit Tier 4/5 targets, and get seriously penalized on points for hitting below their numerical level.

But now, with tier locking you can actually block Tier 6 fleets from hitting Tier 5/4 targets. This way you can leave the points unpenalized, and, by way of example, only allow HW and tides to hit Tier 5 targets in the current raid. You could then balance them properly without having to worry about making them 'auto' for fangs/hunters. 

OK, so how does this help those higher players who don' have the tech? Making a player who only has HWs or Tides hit Tier 5 targets is a terrible idea. If they have to grind on 45s, & put in the seat time in order to get somewhere will show the dedication of said player--if he or she has to hit higher, & doesn't have the coin to repair, then they'll just say "screw this" & walk away.
    I hit a LOT of 45s simply because of this issue. At least 10 million in points, & because I did that, & didn't just sit back & wait for help, those in my crew were more inclined to help me. I've been away for some time, as often higher level players are away & don't have up-to-date tech.
    It may be alright for you if you have the coin, but not everyone has the same budget.
    Perhaps you should think of those less fortunate than yourself before coming up with such an asinine idea.
    As an aside, I was getting 36k per 45. & lots of res to be banked. It was no problem for me to put in the seat time.
    A pirate who hates stupid, lazy pirates who don't work for their tech, nor attempt to improve themselves by application of effort.
    Hulls won: A lot, including many I won't even bother to build. Hulls not won: More than I care to name, & plenty I don't want.
  • will.jacks.1
    will.jacks.1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 18
    i had 5 hunters full built  W/no charged armors and basically got destroyed      pretty much a fail on my part    NJ on your part  byebye my coins

• Espeon
    Espeon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 314
    The amount of time it takes to build the fleet, and still lacking the weapon to the Hunter it makes it hard to really do the targets XD
  • OleFart
    OleFart
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 61
    Being up to par on tier 5 of FM ensured that I had sufficient ship build tokens to have a full fleet of Fangs including the Phantom. It also meant I had the right fleets do do the previous TLC. Too many do not take the time to build the right fleets probably because they are still trying to catch up. And no you do not have to be a coiner to do this. Just the ability to constantly grind. As mentioned earlier Fangs enabled the Hunter version to be done as well. As long as you keep giving TLC's that help players to catch up or get ahead then I don't see a problem apart from the constant grind. I also find this game has too many chores to do. But in answer to your question I think the tier 7 targets were good. All you need to do now is make the lower targets a bit more achievable taking into account time available for a lot of players and their lack of good hulls. Lastly selling fleets kind of sucks when the fleets sold are not really decent builds.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    OleFart said:
    Being up to par on tier 5 of FM ensured that I had sufficient ship build tokens to have a full fleet of Fangs including the Phantom. It also meant I had the right fleets do do the previous TLC. Too many do not take the time to build the right fleets probably because they are still trying to catch up. And no you do not have to be a coiner to do this. Just the ability to constantly grind. As mentioned earlier Fangs enabled the Hunter version to be done as well. As long as you keep giving TLC's that help players to catch up or get ahead then I don't see a problem apart from the constant grind. I also find this game has too many chores to do. But in answer to your question I think the tier 7 targets were good. All you need to do now is make the lower targets a bit more achievable taking into account time available for a lot of players and their lack of good hulls. Lastly selling fleets kind of sucks when the fleets sold are not really decent builds.
    Had the Tideseeker fleet been sold with Reciprocators, they'd have put out more damage. Ho hum...
  • John-luci Wesson
    John-luci Wesson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 74

May get roasted for this but I'm 7months playing I agree with the new camp format for one reason it's not go out and find target or wait for re spawn it's there go.... That said 2 fleets without buying tokens for a person / persons who don't get t5 tokens is a joke you need to bring down prices for people who can't treat this game like a job seat time is not a luxury a few of us have... And as for the raid like I said 7 months and in first raid of cycle I was able to hit a t7 fang camp with, 2-3 fully built fangs because I had to put serious coins / seat time to get the tech last store raid which again was way too demanding 10m for 1 armor is not funny

• Gerrit Kimpe
    Gerrit Kimpe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 189
    aagnii said:
    Breakdown of what was and cud be
    1) Something many were happy with.. 1 coin blitz ( now.. this was a freebie and a option.. so dont u fckrs crib and cry )
    2) T7.. for those with fangs.. very doable with carefull tactical driving.. Hunters  got decimated in the  Fang depth target which  just doesnt make 
        sense.. Allow for both skirmisher type hulls to work in every target specially as the apex hunter was a prize in this raid so players wudnt hv it  built and  skulled in a day...
    3) A sets.. for fangs.. well worth it.. Hunters ( without flag).. took way to much damage .. was not cool
    4) The debate continous as to why the harlock tide and tides ( being old hulls).. wasnt allowed in the top T7.. Surely devs cudnt find a way to counter       the fleet when on full blood thirst so this was shut out.. not cool at all..
        Must allow the use of a particular hull type as per the event.. skirmish.. as this is.. to be used in all targets
    5)  Fang tooth  , even a few built and ranked.. allowed hundreds to grind thru this event and that was a very good aspect
    6) Tier bonus: T7 bonus.. spot on.. gotta appreciate this
    7) Above all.. balanced prizes.. no overkill.. easy raid

Thanks much to the team..

now that one was really nice imo.
    cut my seat time down drastically so i could do raid and spend time with family
    win/win to me anyways
    in any other section a thread entitled free sex would be spam!
    I smell something, i think its lamb, no pig, wait chicken? Oh i know what it is, its bullshit.....
    Fomor
  • fluFFy2007
    fluFFy2007
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 436
    these T7 targets should be co-op and prepparable. should have voted worse than before its utterly crap format if not prepparable T7 targets
    i refuse to coin. i'll wait
  • USS-Sovereign
    USS-Sovereign
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 817
    beel78 said:
    Laredo said:
    A game said:
    I started the event, but after seeing that a player needed both types of fleets to do 2 different targets to get a completion bonus just really hit a nerve and decided to just not do any of it...I remember the days of past when we could use just a single fleet to hit multiple different targets to complete a set or just single payout targets which I felt had a "fun-factor" that has been lost in the past year.  I strongly feel that having the need of 2 different fleets to do a raid or TLC is just extreme and not necessary.
    Lots of players doing both targets with fangs.  So, two fleets weren't needed.
    I gotta ask (probably can not or wont be able to answer but will go ahead and ask anyway).  Was this intentional for this raid format, an accident or will this be the expected norm?  While it makes a great argument for not needing both fleets, it sucks a walrus **** for those that can only get the "auto" hull.
    Get the Skill hull if you want to be able to do both targets, it is a completely ****** up idea for the auto hull being able to do both or the skill hull only able to do its own target, the skill hull should be able to do any/all targets during its cycle.
    Sectors Visited: 275, 305, 382, 428, 53, 350, 106, 182, 244, 37, 373,423         Level: 105+       
    Alliance: USSHMS
12346»