Rampage's Question of the Week - Caress of Steel Tier 7 Ship specific targets

• hans.meilenstein
    hans.meilenstein
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 64
    I participated in the event but did not hit a tier 7 target
    Howdy Folks,

I wanted to check in with everyone since it was a huge topic of contention before the raid went live, about the Tier 7 Targets.  This event we had 2 Targets that were only for Tier 6 Hulls,  Hunter's Bay and Fangtooth Depths.  I know there was concerns about the targets, the point values,  prize costs, and seat time. 

I want to know what your experience with the Tier 7 targets was.

https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!G0OD0292929292L068J485R345G5GB5B5B5B5B5B50OD0292929292L068J485R345G5GB5B5B5B5B5B50OD0292929292L068J485R345G5GB5B5B5B5B5B50OD0292929292L068J485R345G5GB5B5B5B5B5B50OD0292929292L068J485R345G5GB5B5B5B5B5B5dD

this my best what i can built, i will finish this fleet for next raid... can i do with this the next raid hunters bay, or will get this fleet alot of damage
  • PRICEisWRONG
    PRICEisWRONG
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2010 Posts: 272
    Better than previous events
    Good for u Rampage u can spell...But other then that your wrong  KIXCHIT won`t let me use support because i i will not be blackmail into paying $$50.00 for support that should already be there ...But thats the way they treat their CUSTOMER..ok u can correct my spellin errors....but the truth will come out sooner or later..on how KIXCRAP treats it customer base.
    You're not helping yourself by acting this way. I recognize not everyone can afford to spend money on gaming, but acting entitled puts burden on the system, and is why the $50 requirement for support was put in place, to remind players that this is neither a charity nor welfare, but a business which costs people time and money, with the expectation of financial gain.
    Battle Pirates Talk Live > Thursdays at 4:00PM PST > bp.battlevortex.tv

Battle Pirates Live Round Table > Saturdays at 3PM PST  except for event weekends.

Follow me on Twitch>
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    Worse than previous events
    Laredo said:
    A game said:
    I started the event, but after seeing that a player needed both types of fleets to do 2 different targets to get a completion bonus just really hit a nerve and decided to just not do any of it...I remember the days of past when we could use just a single fleet to hit multiple different targets to complete a set or just single payout targets which I felt had a "fun-factor" that has been lost in the past year.  I strongly feel that having the need of 2 different fleets to do a raid or TLC is just extreme and not necessary.
    Lots of players doing both targets with fangs.  So, two fleets weren't needed.
    I gotta ask (probably can not or wont be able to answer but will go ahead and ask anyway).  Was this intentional for this raid format, an accident or will this be the expected norm?  While it makes a great argument for not needing both fleets, it sucks a walrus **** for those that can only get the "auto" hull.
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• AlexTheGreat81
    AlexTheGreat81
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 105
    I wanted to help out fellow alliance members and by you eliminating the S target made it worse for them. I was not going to seat on my computer doing 80s for them. I had my raid to deal with as well. Not fun to be stuck to your computer all weekend. 
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    beel78 said:
    Laredo said:
    A game said:
    I started the event, but after seeing that a player needed both types of fleets to do 2 different targets to get a completion bonus just really hit a nerve and decided to just not do any of it...I remember the days of past when we could use just a single fleet to hit multiple different targets to complete a set or just single payout targets which I felt had a "fun-factor" that has been lost in the past year.  I strongly feel that having the need of 2 different fleets to do a raid or TLC is just extreme and not necessary.
    I gotta ask (probably can not or wont be able to answer but will go ahead and ask anyway).  Was this intentional for this raid format, an accident or will this be the expected norm?  While it makes a great argument for not needing both fleets, it sucks a walrus **** for those that can only get the "auto" hull.
    to be fair, the auto hull was originally meant to be the weaker of the two, hence why the skill costs 60mil and the auto costs 20 minutes TLC work and comes with tokens and VXP.
    I think the skill should have an advantage over the auto, otherwise what is the point of bothering with the skill at all? I had to struggle through using the Ironclad and empyreans in the older raids, and only caught up with the Phoenix onward. I had to work **** hard to get here, it's fair I should have an edge over those who are still climbing the ladder. they will have their day too, just not yet!
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,329
    Fleenk said:
    Even with Tides which was offer'd in a special...I ( who rarely can afford to do such things as buy or coin ) found that even with those I could not do more then one set of 60's without severe damage so was limited to hitting 45's thru out 95% of the raid, this does not help us lower levels gain ground nor catch up as it took forever to get what little I got. Yes I did receive some help to be able to get that but really could have used a C set that had more points a 60's set gave out 400k plus while the only 45 in the c set gave a paltry 40 points.......how is that deemed fair......just proves that lower levels dont really matter......
    a 72 is a lower level?

wow.
  • SharBearThug
    SharBearThug
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 49
    edited 17 Oct 2017, 8:49PM
    The same as previous events
    I tried one of each with my 2 fangs. Difficult and costly, hunter more so than the fang one, but I expected that as I only had the 2 ships built. I think they will be quite doable once I have the phantom and my third fang built. Points given out for these is good, although they take a lot of time to complete. Guess that's sort of a give and take though and I'm happy to take the time to get the payout on this set.
    I would like to see the elite set be co op like we used to do as then it's easier to prep for mates. They start it and sit in the corner while we go in and kill. We get the points for what we kill and they get the bonus for the kill.
  • greg.dellinger.9
    greg.dellinger.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 54
    I had 3 unranked Fangs with a single charged CT armor on each one.  After the first couple times through I was able to do the target with the 3 ships. Slow repair of 3 hrs and hit another one. While it took all 4 days to complete, I totaled 75 million with minimal seat time. Next raid I will have a full Fang fleet completed and hopefully have some Hunters built as well. If the damage stays the same it will be a reasonable raid to complete.  Didn't mind having a separate target for the 2 prime fleets, just hope Kix lets us know far enough in advance if 2 fleets will be required for maximum point payout.  
  • Carl D
    Carl D
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 232
    As much as I didn't like it because I chose to build the Hunter first (my mistake), I feel the raid was finally back on track...the Skill Hull (Fang) is now on top where it belongs and could do both targets in Tier 7...the Auto Hull (Hunter) was a gift and we should be glad it could do 1 target in Tier 7 as it wasn't designed to do Tier 7 targets.  So a big thanks to whoever decided to put things back in order!  Good Raid!!!
  • Dan Gibson
    Dan Gibson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 436
    beel78 said:
    Laredo said:
    A game said:
    to be fair, the auto hull was originally meant to be the weaker of the two, hence why the skill costs 60mil and the auto costs 20 minutes TLC work and comes with tokens and VXP.
    I think the skill should have an advantage over the auto, otherwise what is the point of bothering with the skill at all? I had to struggle through using the Ironclad and empyreans in the older raids, and only caught up with the Phoenix onward. I had to WORK  **** hard to get here, it's fair I should have an edge over those who are still climbing the ladder. they will have their day too, just not yet!
    THE WORDS YOU USED IS WORK HARD ........... AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS COMPUTER GAME  ........ PEOPLE DONT WANT TO SPEND HOURS WORKING HARD IN A COMPUTER GAME ......which is why there are sooo many dead bases from players quitting ............ most of the lower bases now, are alts from self proclaimed elites
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828
    I did not participate in the event
    same as previous raids , dont have fleets to make raids , once outside raid cycle is hard to enter the raid cycle 
    DarKCloWn
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    beel78 said:
    Laredo said:
    A game said:
    I think the skill should have an advantage over the auto, otherwise what is the point of bothering with the skill at all? I had to struggle through using the Ironclad and empyreans in the older raids, and only caught up with the Phoenix onward. I had to WORK  **** hard to get here, it's fair I should have an edge over those who are still climbing the ladder. they will have their day too, just not yet!
    THE WORDS YOU USED IS WORK HARD ........... AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS COMPUTER GAME  ........ PEOPLE DONT WANT TO SPEND HOURS WORKING HARD IN A COMPUTER GAME ......which is why there are sooo many dead bases from players quitting ............ most of the lower bases now, are alts from self proclaimed elites
    yeah, that's not why..
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • paulmcauley53
    paulmcauley53
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 71
    Hunter camp should not be able to be done so easily with a Fang fleet, it is after all a "Hunter" camp
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    edited 18 Oct 2017, 12:22AM
    Hunter camp should not be able to be done so easily with a Fang fleet, it is after all a "Hunter" camp
    i wish the very best of luck to the poor kid who has to try to design an encounter that will eat fangs without also eating hunters

eta: i realize the answer is painfully obvious; i'm more thinking of the backlash if it happens
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • A game
    A game
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 953
    I did not participate in the event
    Laredo said:
    A game said:
    I'm sorry...I must have been confused when I saw that it said you had to own that specific ship blueprint in order to do the campaign so let me correct my statement to reflect properly...needing to own specific hulls to gain a completion bonus or possible TLC is extreme and not necessary.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    A game said:
    Laredo said:
    A game said:
    I'm sorry...I must have been confused when I saw that it said you had to own that specific ship blueprint in order to do the campaign so let me correct my statement to reflect properly...needing to own specific hulls to gain a completion bonus or possible TLC is extreme and not necessary.
    uhm.. i get what you're saying in principle, but i feel compelled to point out that first pack could have been auto'd with lemon-lawed apollos
  • james kitt
    james kitt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2
    Howdy Folks,

I wanted to check in with everyone since it was a huge topic of contention before the raid went live, about the Tier 7 Targets.  This event we had 2 Targets that were only for Tier 6 Hulls,  Hunter's Bay and Fangtooth Depths.  I know there was concerns about the targets, the point values,  prize costs, and seat time. 

this raid an game is for coiner only the only one that like this raid are the one who spend money to play an all you get in the form are the one who will kiss your back side an tell you what you want to hear you are killing the game a lot of the one who what been playing as long as i have have left an soon if you keep going the way you are this game will die to casue no one will be playing it getting more an more like a job than a game 

• Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    edited 18 Oct 2017, 2:59AM
    Howdy Folks,

this raid an game is for coiner only the only one that like this raid are the one who spend money to play an all you get in the form are the one who will kiss your back side an tell you what you want to hear you are killing the game a lot of the one who what been playing as long as i have have left an soon if you keep going the way you are this game will die to casue no one will be playing it getting more an more like a job than a game 

but not anytime soon....
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    Fix the gate and walls why have them come up out of the water ? All that stuff is what cause the lag in the game.  will not hit targets that has that stuff going on so i cant even hit base parts the lag in them targets is out of control fix that part of the game / and the crews need to be updated !!

fix the gate and walls surfacing??????? where did you see that in the targets  the walls where already up from the start of the target and there weren't any gates that i saw.  
    in the fangtooth target the wall around the first glut on the right would not rise until you took on the sub group to the far left.  I would use this to take it out early and not have to worry about it firing at me as I went inside that compound area to get those submerged subs.
    but it did not cause any lag in the targets.

"Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Soulvampyr
    Soulvampyr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 270
    as nice as it was that they couldnt b stolen from us cause they were in camps...it did suck when it came to prepping for ali member.  I woulda preferred to be able to prep them S sets instead of the 3 different 80s targets.

• Way Over Due
    Way Over Due
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 60
    Howdy Folks,

The previous cycle I could do the first raid with 1 ship and not 3 fully ranked.  The amount of money that is needed in order to stay on top is getting crazy and the money tree is not going to just increase because you make it more costly. It is going to drive people away from spending any money in this game.
    none
  • jclibern
    jclibern
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 14
     The bigger players couldnt help the lower lvl bases by prepping the S targets, so they didnt help in my sector. This raid was one of the worst. 
  • The_Saint73
    The_Saint73
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 166
    I enjoyed the fact the targets were in the campaign tower, no searching, no travelling and no stealing of targets. I understand that this precluded prepping which is a bit of a concern for 'assisting' smaller players. If prepping is too much of a concern, maybe reduce the amount of points someone can gain if they get help in a target.
    - I had 4 Fangs about 80% complete for the raid. No problem getting the points I needed once the targets were figured out. Thought the Fang target took a little bit too long (10 mins) but maybe with 5 fully complete ships it will be quicker.
    - Hunter Bay target was a very good risk / reward target with Fangs and did not take too long at all (5 mins). Hopefully this target does not change so we can still use Fangs in the target.
    - It was good that having both right and left side already I did not need to redeem anything to open the Locked Store
    - Raid seemed to run fairly smoothly with minimal glitches.

- Really don't like the idea of having to build 2 fleets every raid cycle. 
    - Seems to be a bit of repetition in the raid targets now. Run towards fleet, activate it, turn, run away from ships and kite the target, kill and repeat. Last raid was similar. This adds to the length of the target.

Overall, I thought it was a fairly positive raid, hopefully Kix do not make too many changes going forward.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Howdy Folks,

The previous cycle I could do the first raid with 1 ship and not 3 fully ranked.  The amount of money that is needed in order to stay on top is getting crazy and the money tree is not going to just increase because you make it more costly. It is going to drive people away from spending any money in this game.
    the amount of money needed is zero, though. spending is a convenience, not a necessity.
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488
    This won't be a popular opinion, but I must confess it was refreshing to see those not putting the time / money / effort into the game not being handed 100m points by the alliance.

My own group help more than most, and it is to the detriment of overall skill levels within the game when only 5 good players and 5 average that will coin, spoon feed everyone. 

I see the same people telling me they can't do the targets every raid, and without doubt it is nearly always the same people that don't put the time in during the month for ranking / ensuring builds are going / practicing in targets. 

A lot less lag in the top targets, I believe from previous Kixeye communication this is due to the towers being used. Gets a thumbs up from me. 

Hopefully this system will continue.

I will add in previous campaign based targets, where co-op was available, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of playing with a friend of similar standards to my self. 
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488
    Good for u Rampage u can spell...But other then that your wrong  KIXCHIT won`t let me use support because i i will not be blackmail into paying $$50.00 for support that should already be there ...But thats the way they treat their CUSTOMER..ok u can correct my spellin errors....but the truth will come out sooner or later..on how KIXCRAP treats it customer base.
    Customer's pay money for a service or product. If you refuse to pay, you are not a customer.
  • SoggyMango
    SoggyMango
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 157
    The raid was about choices. You had the option to build the Fangtooth (only if you were in a position to get the blueprint in the first place) or the Hunter.
    Not everyone likes to drive subs regardless of skill set. The horrendous build times were/are massively off putting.
    Those that chose to build the Fangtooth had the advantage of acquiring the phantom flag before the raid started.
    Not so for those that went down the Hunter path.
    I care not for the wouldas and shouldas before they even start, so please schtumm.
    The S set were advertized as either or. The subs could do both. The Hunters could not.
    The saving grace in this it was possible to grind 1 half of the S set with 3 Hunters for over 200 million points provided the seat time was put in.

You are entitled to your opinion just not entitled to give it
  • CaptainArrrr
    CaptainArrrr
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 80
    Howdy Folks,

The problem is, the "Coiners" really don't spend alot, ya they build the fleet, but after that they do the targets for next to nothing. usually by the last raid it costs me 10-20 bucks to finish in the top 10 in my world, and thats from helping others, I realize they want to make money as a business, but im tired of spending money on things that are useless a week later, there are no more wars, no more fvf endless battles, it takes 8-12 hours to repair a fleet, one fight, and the game is done for the night, no on wants to spend on repairs, just on building, so now we build, and collect uranium, titanium, whats next barillium spheres??, BORING BORING BORING, 6 years and thousands of dollars and all i do is chat in comms because no one hits anymore.....ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZ BORING! every 4 weeks another raid ......BORING!!!!

• Bob_62
    Bob_62
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 365
    I liked it (Hunter camp) solely for the fact that I could actually DO it (and repair fast enough in order to do it repeatedly for them to add up).

Please dont make them 10x tougher for the next raid please :)
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,278
    edited 18 Oct 2017, 1:17PM
    All i mainly had were tideseekers with a harlock flagship, winning the hunter mk1 a couple weeks before raid is not enough time to build a whole fleet of them sadly. tides were able to do battle with the 60's. 45 was gonna be a real grind for me. 80's were impossible for me, the other campaigns that were not exclusive for hunters and fangtooths were definitely not worth the damage per point output. So some good, some bad, reckon next raid keep the 45 and 60's as is, tone down the damage of the regular raid campaigns, keep 80's as is, those are supposed to be a challenge for the highest skilled/deepest pockets of the gaming community. 
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.