BLACKOUT DISAPPOINTMENT?????

ViolationNotice
ViolationNotice
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 9
What is your opinion on the blackout? Mine is rather not good. 18 hour repair time, looses more then half its health attacking a bunker full of liberators.. Deciding if I should not waste resources upgrading?
  • ViolationNotice
    ViolationNotice
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 9
    Its main source of damage is weak as well
  • SoulSeeker8
    SoulSeeker8
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 8
    Poor unit to weak, repair time to long, damage drones deal out is very low, another unit that seems a waste of time.
  • Nucking Futs
    Nucking Futs
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 470
    Is it a stand alone unit like Juggy or Herald, no it is not.  Can you just press attack/turn on Rubi and watch it kill a player base, no you can't.  It has it uses and has very good drone damage.  Mine is level 22 and I use it everyday.  Very weak to Libs though.  I would like to see what "Omega" and tech will add to it.  
  • Erick640
    Erick640
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,189

Just like every unit, don't use it alone. It's a support unit that stays behind other units.

• Philip Foglar
    Philip Foglar
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 943
    By itself, it's a pretty useless unit. It needs to be used with other units, and that said, I still need to figure out for myself how best to utilise it.
  • MakeFunDntCry
    MakeFunDntCry
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 355
    learn to work whit this one and you got a great unit i love it whit the tech on it :)
    Vamp
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6,226
    The Blackout is actually a unit I do is very powerful if used correctly and it won't be a stand alone unit. It's more or less a support unit that is effective when combined with other units.

The drones themself are also very powerful and are a great asset to take down airborne buildings far away from the unit itself.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • adel_50
    adel_50
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 475

Do you guys know what happens when you combine it with the titan and the sandstorm? Try that

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    adel_50 said:

Do you guys know what happens when you combine it with the titan and the sandstorm? Try that

I think many players doesn't think about combining units with other units to achieve victory as it wasn't long ago where we had some extremely powerful super units that was hard to conquer in general.

Most of the strategy games are based on using combined strategies like using an Havoc in front of the Warhawks or Plasma Turrets combined with Cryo Turrets. Most of the supportive units are also designed around not being a stand alone unit and are instead designed to be in symbiosis with units that are more powerful when it comes to deal the damage.
  • adel_50
    adel_50
    Skilled Warrior

@Axel L said:
    adel_50 said:

I think many players doesn't think about combining units with other units to achieve victory as it wasn't long ago where we had some extremely powerful super units that was hard to conquer in general.

Most of the strategy games are based on using combined strategies like using an Havoc in front of the Warhawks or Plasma Turrets combined with Cryo Turrets. Most of the supportive units are also designed around not being a stand alone unit and are instead designed to be in symbiosis with units that are more powerful when it comes to deal the damage.

Yeah when the juggernaut and the herald was released they were stand alone unit but when for the blackout it's not so why would they risk combining it with another unit if it's already not powerful?

That's something we saw it many times when kixeye released a lot of units in the past that were stand alone units and in a way you can blame kixeye for it but I'm glad that they are now going back on track with releasing the disruptor
    (This unit is a beast) and now the blackout i can't wait for the omega version and for its techs

• Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 390
    You people keep saying **** like "oh no, it's weak because it's not as strong as Jugg or Herald" Fk that I said. 
    From my point of view every unit has it's own purpose and The Blackout is a support unit! It's drone does high damage and pair very good with titan and sandstorm... If you use it wisely
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • Harjit64
    Harjit64
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 13
    wait for kix to make it better like rig
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,249
    Keep in mind that the Blackout does NOT have drones like the titan, where the drones can be used for distraction. My Blackout finished a few hours ago and I field tested it in an Ironstrike 35 as well as two acolyte bases. The Ironstrike base I just used the blackout and realized that enemies cannot shoot my drones, (good job KIXEYE for this as this is the intended purpose), and immediately I noticed that the last stand defenders were targeting my Blackout as they didn't even know my drones existed. 

I tried the sandstorm, titan, and blackout in the Acolyte base on the map and boy did that work wonders. I got acceptable damage on that base using these three units. Just for science, I put the blackout by itself and  tried to use just the drones to kill the Acolytes. Boy was that a mistake. Learn from my mistake, which is the Blackout is not as good being a standalone unit. (I got like 8 hours repair from one Acolyte.) Is this to say the Blackout sucks? Nope. What I am saying though is this will make a good support unit. 

The only issue I have seen, and I am not sure if this is intended or not, is the unit itself does not shoot, the drones do. I will send a ticket to customer support and find out. 

Just remember, War Commander is War. In real wars there is not one unit or vehicle or air that dominates everything. (Ignore nukes for now ;) )

I am a KIXEYE Moderator but NOT a KIXEYE Employee. I am
    simply a player just like everyone of you all. Please keep your comments
    constructive, on point, and without violating the TOS or rules of the forums.

For a list of some of the things not tolerated on this post,
    please review the community forum rules which can be found at this link. www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465

To send a support ticket, please visit this link. https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Keep in mind that the Blackout does NOT have drones like the titan, where the drones can be used for distraction. My Blackout finished a few hours ago and I field tested it in an Ironstrike 35 as well as two acolyte bases. The Ironstrike base I just used the blackout and realized that enemies cannot shoot my drones, (good job KIXEYE for this as this is the intended purpose), and immediately I noticed that the last stand defenders were targeting my Blackout as they didn't even know my drones existed. 

I tried the sandstorm, titan, and blackout in the Acolyte base on the map and boy did that work wonders. I got acceptable damage on that base using these three units. Just for science, I put the blackout by itself and  tried to use just the drones to kill the Acolytes. Boy was that a mistake. Learn from my mistake, which is the Blackout is not as good being a standalone unit. (I got like 8 hours repair from one Acolyte.) Is this to say the Blackout sucks? Nope. What I am saying though is this will make a good support unit. 

The only issue I have seen, and I am not sure if this is intended or not, is the unit itself does not shoot, the drones do. I will send a ticket to customer support and find out. 

Just remember, War Commander is War. In real wars there is not one unit or vehicle or air that dominates everything. (Ignore nukes for now ;) )
    The Blackout will shoot but the firing animation is only visible if you have explosions turned on. The blackout itself will not deal that much damage but it will cut the power supple for anything that gets in the splash.
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Axel L said:

The Blackout will shoot but the firing animation is only visible if you have explosions turned on. The blackout itself will not deal that much damage but it will cut the power supple for anything that gets in the splash.
    Oh, I hadn't considered having the explosions on. Thanks for the tip. 

please review the community forum rules which can be found at this link. www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465

To send a support ticket, please visit this link. https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• adel_50
    adel_50
    Skilled Warrior

@DOBBA PHOENIX said:

Support units and turrets are the type of units that I like and it's the most underrated type of units. Just because the unit isn't powerful on it's own doesn't mean it suck it means that it can be useful with other units and I'm sure that in the past years there were some clear examples of this

Ps: what nukes dobba I don't know what you're talking about ;)

• adel_50
    adel_50
    Skilled Warrior

@DOBBA PHOENIX said:

Support units and turrets are the type of units that I like and it's the most underrated type of units. Just because the unit isn't powerful on it's own doesn't mean it suck it means that it can be useful with other units and I'm sure that in the past years there were some clear examples of this

• firedeath1159
    firedeath1159
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 487

@DOBBA PHOENIX said:

Funny enough, the nukes in this game are the least powerful thing in the game lol

Player Report Link - https://www.kixeye.com/support/web/report
    Support Ticket Link - https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please actually use them, instead of posting on forums and getting threads closed... 
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod

@DOBBA PHOENIX said:

Funny enough, the nukes in this game are the least powerful thing in the game lol

Well isnt the Jugg shot a nuclear bomb? lol

What about the PK? lol 

The PK were good before everything could shoot em down. lol

• DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    adel_50 said:

@DOBBA PHOENIX said:

For security reasons, I cannot disclose the nukes I am talking about ;) 

DISCLAIMER: The above statement is made in jest, and I have no knowledge of the World's nukes, though theres no way there aren't nukes out in the real world somewhere. But now back to WC discussions. #PKLivesMatter :P 

• Supershaners
    Supershaners
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 112

@Nucking Futs said:
    Is it a stand alone unit like Juggy or Herald, no it is not.  Can you just press attack/turn on Rubi and watch it kill a player base, no you can't.  It has it uses and has very good drone damage.  Mine is level 22 and I use it everyday.  Very weak to Libs though.  I would like to see what "Omega" and tech will add to it.  

You think it's weak to libs try just a few acolytes they make the 12 mil health look like 1 mil.

Y U No - Y U NO NIGHT owl Components
  • firedeath1159
    firedeath1159
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 487

Well, I won't include the Jugg nuke. Perhaps I should have said something like ICBM nukes, like, missiles. PKs get shot down too easily so yea, they are pretty weak sauce now. Lol

Player Report Link - https://www.kixeye.com/support/web/report
    Support Ticket Link - https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please actually use them, instead of posting on forums and getting threads closed... 
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod

@Nucking Futs said:

You think it's weak to libs try just a few acolytes they make the 12 mil health look like 1 mil.

I put it against an acolyte base alone and ....yeah...bad idea lol

I put it in GoGo bar test against my bunker full of libs and my libs took forever to kill it, and my libs are at least level 12.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 4:21PM

@DOBBA PHOENIX said:

What about the PK? lol 

I think the only thing we can 100% confirm that it's a nuke are the M.O.A.B. tactic for the Sandstorm. However, it's possible that the Peacekeeper and Juggernaut Shell may be a nuclear bomb but we hasn't got any confirmed information what is inside these warheads.
    Techicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A B
    Techicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A BTechicon-M O A B

• DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Axel L said:

@DOBBA PHOENIX said:

What about the PK? lol 

I think the only thing we can 100% confirm that it's a nuke are the M.O.A.B. tactic for the Sandstorm. However, it's possible that the Peacekeeper and Juggernaut Shell may be a nuclear bomb but we hasn't got any confirmed information what is inside these warheads.

To be honest , I have never used the MOAB tech on sandstorm. Does it drop a huge AOE like the jug or PK?

• Valhalla76
    Valhalla76
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 801
    I like my Black out use it a lot, as for the MOAB I use to use that on pvp, as it send s in a giant bomb and drops stuff a bit similar to the legion tactic worked, apart from the reload for the MOAB is much longer, and oh boy you are being a busy bee today Dobba ;)
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    I like my Black out use it a lot, as for the MOAB I use to use that on pvp, as it send s in a giant bomb and drops stuff a bit similar to the legion tactic worked, apart from the reload for the MOAB is much longer, and oh boy you are being a busy bee today Dobba ;)
    Haha, yep have a little time to kill so figured I would visit the forums and be a helpful Commander to people :smiley:

• Joeyjojo
    Joeyjojo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 181
    I like the blackout, if used well its pretty good. Lets not confuse it with war rig. War rig was designed to be a base cracker and came out weak as ****. @wrongthinker then tweaked it to make it a base cracker. 
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Joeyjojo said:
    I like the blackout, if used well its pretty good. Lets not confuse it with war rig. War rig was designed to be a base cracker and came out weak as ****. @wrongthinker then tweaked it to make it a base cracker. 
    agreed, this blackout is definitely no base cracker but it is a good support unit.

• Mad bomber
    Mad bomber
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 3,152
    What is your opinion on the blackout? Mine is rather not good. 18 hour repair time, looses more then half its health attacking a bunker full of liberators.. Deciding if I should not waste resources upgrading?
    Works great for me,but then i use it with other air and ground units to.Try that i think you may change your mind.
    Man 
    up and stop
     the crying
    WC level 44