Does This Game Run Poorly For You?

FearFactory
FearFactory
Skilled Warrior
Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 556
edited 12 Oct 2017, 1:19AM
I got my hands on a above average gaming PC that should have zero trouble running this game, and I rarely have trouble with my internet. I tested out how well this game ran. I got my base to stutter a little, the world map lagged and stutters quite a bit, and i got the game to freeze (had to refresh) just by attacking two bases at once. I always though my previous computer was just crap, but this game still can't function properly.
FearFactory level 39

Does This Game Run Poorly For You? 69 votes

Yes
71%
G.I.JoseyMakeFunDntCryUlrich WastianRob de RBumblezTomBrooklynThomas DilasFearFactoryizz3162ELITE_BERSERKERAlcatraz923puppy_pupWestCoast75Jeff_M386ErwinRommel2016Zarek13jackfx4ujevid1gobirdseaglesArthur-1970 49 votes
No
28%
Tim BartelsMaximus_DestructicusBACON8HERMUFFEDDOBBA PHOENIXDario WilkowskiRock-NStomper2Whiskey-Tango3ClickinOrkaalfiCommander SarkisStrong_ThinkerTeam BeavisIrishtrollBlack-o u tObileskRed_HandedErick640james builderwarhero2314 20 votes
  • firedeath1159
    firedeath1159
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 487
    Yes
    It runs poorly because there are data leaks, and the engine we run on, Flash, is also really weak, and not suited for a game like this. which is why the switch to HTML5 cant come any faster lol

Player Report Link - https://www.kixeye.com/support/web/report
    Support Ticket Link - https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please actually use them, instead of posting on forums and getting threads closed... 
  • gobirdseagles
    gobirdseagles
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,167
    Yes
    This game connected and ran great for me about two years ago I could attack 5 bases at one time and not get Dced ever. I have Verizon Fios and my up load and down load speed is twice what is was 2 years ago but it take s forever for this game to load. I would ask players in California how well their game runs as they are close to Kixeye headquarters but my guess is their game experience isn't much better I live in Philadelphia suburbs wonder where if any place has a great experience of this game. 

• loner23
    loner23
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 187
    Yes
    Too much crap in the game that is broken and some tend to forget they admitted they dont know the soucre of the cause which leads to when one cluster is good but another is causing issues, that the overall cluster is infected thus contributing to an crappy game and unstable game often forces FLASH TO CRASH. without them fixing the root problems and their sheer unwillingness to focus on performance to zero out the problems is what concerns me. I dont care about HTML5 as if thats gonna fix anything. I bet if they switched OVER the SAME problems would go unresolved. 

Reason why they need to not add more units or more things to the grindfest till they resolve ever last problem. 

goes from joint base locations in any one sector, Unit mods not upgrading, Unit mods not replicating, Longer load times, Things that make the flash crash more frequently, etc.... even unit behavior and display information not working and showing correctly ( in battles, Alliance information, etc, etc...)  
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,578
    i do have issues when playing but alot of it does come from my end bad weather or other people useing the net so it gets hard tell sometimes when its kixeyes fult or mine but when my net works well the game runs okay until they start changeing out bases or monor updates in the backround
  • ClickinOrka
    ClickinOrka
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,869
    No
    I got my hands on a above average gaming PC that should have zero trouble running this game, and I rarely have trouble with my internet. I tested out how well this game ran. I got my base to stutter a little, the world map lagged and stutters quite a bit, and i got the game to freeze (had to refresh) just by attacking two bases at once. I always though my previous computer was just crap, but this game still can't function properly.
    Whats are the stats of your new gaming PC?
    Many helpful videos are available at ClickinOrka's Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwjNRHKwUET9jVUbgrO17Q
  • Brad2230
    Brad2230
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 205
    edited 12 Oct 2017, 2:18AM
    Yes
    My vote is kida like a yes BUT. I ran a CAT-6 ethernet cable directly from the back of my router into my laptop ( I never take it anywhere ). That helped loading and the disconnections caused by Wi-Fi interruptions. It takes about 15-30 seconds before I can deploy any units ( kixeye calls this latency I believe).  I can't control my units for an additional 15-30 seconds because they move at 500% speed and their location is visually incorrect.

One thing I hate is when kixeye or a moderator says to "Clear Your Cache". As the description of my computer shows I have 3 MB of cache.  If you think clearing 3 MegaBytes of space will help your computer performance then I have a bridge in New York I can sell you  :D ;) 

I run the full 8 GB of RAM and after extended play ( 1-2 hours continuous ) I often need to reload the game because I run out of "Free Memory" even though I have multiple GB of "Standby" memory.  I was told the standby memory usage is because Flash player doesn't automatically release the items it has stored. Things like base layout, units level, workshop, etc.  

I have just gotten used to the lag and glitches. I guess I must be lucky. I do live in the united states so that probably helps the lag. I don't even try to hit more than 1 base at a time because I crash as well. Now attempting to view the leaderboard I crash as well.

HP Pavilion G Series specification

Processor Information
    • Processor: AMD A6
    • Brand:AMD
    • Cache: 3 MB (Smart Cache)
    • Clock Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Memory
    • Default Memory: 4 GB DDR3
    • Expandable Memory: Upto 8 GB
    Storage
    • HDD Capacity: 500 GB
    • RPM: 5400 rpm
    • Hardware Interface: SATA

Graphics

• Graphic Processor:AMD  Graphics
    • Graphic Memory: N/A
    Communication
    • Ethernet: 10/100BASE-T LAN
    • Wireless LAN: 802.11 b/g/n
    • Bluetooth: Yes
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,567
    No
    My game runs just fine.

The problems I have are are specific to bases, units or buildings:

SNOWBEAR!

Liberator Diamond Tech reverted to level 3 & support wont put it back to level 4. I have to wait for a fix for that bug. (I'm not holding my breath)

Occasionally for the past 2 years, when building multiple missiles 1 or 2 of them will disappear and I'm out the resources.

oTitan and War Rig specifically as well as other units are not displayed in their true location onscreen and thus you take damage.

Units get stuck half retreated, half in battle at the edge of the map and continue taking damage until you end the battle.

oHeralds went after air before that tech was in play.

Herald now activates drone silos even when they only have owls in them.

Rail launcher occasionally does splash damage.

Herald stops moving and remains stationary briefly when clicking a target.

Stuff doesn't always go after Ardra before my oJug. Quite often stuff will drive past Ardra, ignore her and shoot my oJug.

A few times last stand defenders from destroyed buildings broke my faction trait buff.

The hunter missile turret's red target lock icon rarely works any more.

Unit health bars moving in both directions mid battle, as if the game can't calculate the variables fast enough for an accurate health.

Mercs also disappear and rob me of my resources when building multiple at at one time.

Occasionally I am unable to join a platoon fight and it only seems to happen when it's my heavy.

If I am attacked and haven't recently refreshed I have a hard time joining the battle (faster to reload) and controlling my units.

I know there are MANY MANY more small issues like these but they all compound each other and make the entire game un-enjoyable. If I could trust that they would fix things swiftly like Apple or Microsoft it would be different but every new bug that appears will either be fixed promptly or more likely persist for many months.

Did I mention support is rude, inconsiderate, accusatory and have a very hard time understanding English? Support tickets are often replied to with entirely irrelevant responses as well.
  • Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,045
    edited 12 Oct 2017, 9:55AM
    Yes
    AMD 8150 (8core 3,60Ghz)
    8Gb ddr3
    geforce GTX660
    1gb lan gb internet modem
    network Ziggo Netherland > AT&T server San Francisco ping 181ms 113,68Mbps down and 20,46 Mbps up
    so it can`t be my pc, my networkspeed only flashplayer and bad kixeye servers could be the causes...
    LVL 45

You thought scrooge was bad? 
  • puppy_pup
    puppy_pup
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 403
    Yes
    i get flash crashing some what often. i get lag loading into certain bases and my own base and im having a issue with my titan appearing further of the drones but once it starts firing at a target i select it pops back to where its supposed to be. really wish i could figure out whats causing that one.
  • ELITE_BERSERKER
    ELITE_BERSERKER
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 516
    Yes
    Way to much DC's. I can't attack any player's base if he is on line without DC. If I get attacked I get DC. So this game is not longer playable like as it was few years ago. Now play and simple it SUCK.
    Join the fb group if you are War Commander Addict
    (all cheaters and hackers are not allowed to get in that group)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarCommanderAdiccts/

• tush123
    tush123
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 136
    Yes
    It takes me forever to load the game.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,363
    Yes

Flash player they use crashes so frequently it makes the old normal game crashes look like a holiday.

Photo:
  • Team Beavis
    Team Beavis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 122
    No

Game is running great for me. No disconnects or lag at all. For me the game is running the best it has in 2-3 years.

• Strong_Thinker
    Strong_Thinker
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 967
    No
    u should invest in a dcent graphics card takes any load off ur built in memory on motherboard have atleast 8gb ram it helps alot not just running applications but reducs the strain on ur system i noticed a significant change when playing warthunder and whn loading warcommander if this doesnt chang ur internet must b bad .
    For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven
  • FearFactory
    FearFactory
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 556
    edited 12 Oct 2017, 10:11PM
    Yes
    Whats are the stats of your new gaming PC?
    Dell Xps Studio with a Intel Xeon 5670, 12gb of ddr3 RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 with 1gb. The graphics card isn't bad but it's not amazing. I've put quite a load on it with other games, but War Commander barely puts a load on anything.
    FearFactory level 39
  • Whiskey-Tango3
    Whiskey-Tango3
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 441
    No
    I play on a mac no issues
  • loner23
    loner23
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 187
    edited 12 Oct 2017, 11:54PM
    Yes
    Rob de R said:
    AMD 8150 (8core 3,60Ghz)
    8Gb ddr3
    geforce GTX660
    1gb lan gb internet modem
    network Ziggo Netherland > AT&T server San Francisco ping 181ms 113,68Mbps down and 20,46 Mbps up
    so it can`t be my pc, my networkspeed only flashplayer and bad kixeye servers could be the causes...
    Brad2230 said:
    My vote is kida like a yes BUT. I ran a CAT-6 ethernet cable directly from the back of my router into my laptop ( I never take it anywhere ). That helped loading and the disconnections caused by Wi-Fi interruptions. It takes about 15-30 seconds before I can deploy any units ( kixeye calls this latency I believe).  I can't control my units for an additional 15-30 seconds because they move at 500% speed and their location is visually incorrect.

One thing I hate is when kixeye or a moderator says to "Clear Your Cache". As the description of my computer shows I have 3 MB of cache.  If you think clearing 3 MegaBytes of space will help your computer performance then I have a bridge in New York I can sell you  :D ;) 

I run the full 8 GB of RAM and after extended play ( 1-2 hours continuous ) I often need to reload the game because I run out of "Free Memory" even though I have multiple GB of "Standby" memory.  I was told the standby memory usage is because Flash player doesn't automatically release the items it has stored. Things like base layout, units level, workshop, etc.  

I have just gotten used to the lag and glitches. I guess I must be lucky. I do live in the united states so that probably helps the lag. I don't even try to hit more than 1 base at a time because I crash as well. Now attempting to view the leaderboard I crash as well.

HP Pavilion G Series specification

Processor Information
    • Processor: AMD A6
    • Brand:AMD
    • Cache: 3 MB (Smart Cache)
    • Clock Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Memory
    • Default Memory: 4 GB DDR3
    • Expandable Memory: Upto 8 GB
    Storage
    • HDD Capacity: 500 GB
    • RPM: 5400 rpm
    • Hardware Interface: SATA

Graphics

• Graphic Processor:AMD  Graphics
    • Graphic Memory: N/A
    Communication
    • Ethernet: 10/100BASE-T LAN
    • Wireless LAN: 802.11 b/g/n
    • Bluetooth: Yes
    Personally, I think your pcs arent that great. Not to be rude. Here's what I am running and its not that much better than your own : 

1TB HD SATA 
    16GB RAM
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
    Graphics Card NVIDIA* GEFORCE-GTX 960m 

and this game is slow to load or getting slower to load each passing month with all the new HORSECHIT THEY want to add into the game. 

I crash about at least every 30 rogue bases. Flash player issues... or shall I say kixeye's fault, either way I am tired of the lack of performance on their end and including the problems that GO unresolved. 

People wanna talk about gracpics card, I motherfk'n play Starcraft 2 and I have NO flash crashes and that game is an adobe flash playing game. My FRP is 30 on battery and above 70FRPS while on battery. 
  • Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,291
    Yes
    WELL if you take out the Lag, DC, Flash Crashes, Flash Running Slow, Heavy Ram Usage, 5 min base loading times, 5 Billion spam windows when you enter your base, the Precious Snowbear, Unable to use the Leaderboard, unable to get rewards

RUNS perfectly without all those annoying things.
  • Black-o u t
    Black-o u t
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 52
    No
    It all depends on what you WiFi you have, what browser you use and if you clear your chich often. But the browser can be the main thing, make sure you are using google chrome. 
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,249
    No
    I occasionally get DC, but for the most part, unless I am playing on slow internet speeds like at a fast food place or something, then my game is usually lag free. What I do, ironically enough, is clear my cookies / cache, and then im back to normal again for a few hours. Most times this works. Every now and then, I power cycle my modem and router (unplug for like 5 minutes, then plug back in) just to refresh them as well. (Do this before going to bed, then power em on before you leave for work and then it will be ready when you want to game when you get home from work.) Typically, after I turn them off, it takes like 10-15 minutes before they are ready to use again for internet. 

I am a KIXEYE Moderator but NOT a KIXEYE Employee. I am
    simply a player just like everyone of you all. Please keep your comments
    constructive, on point, and without violating the TOS or rules of the forums.

For a list of some of the things not tolerated on this post,
    please review the community forum rules which can be found at this link. www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465

To send a support ticket, please visit this link. https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• ClickinOrka
    ClickinOrka
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,869
    edited 14 Oct 2017, 3:39AM
    No
    Internet: Digital Cable
    Processor: 990x Hexcore 3.43
    VID: GTX980
    Memory 24GB
    C 80SSD *OS only*
    D 500G *Game Installation & Programs*
    E 1T *Movies / Music*

Rarely, rarely have issues. Unless its "red box" "snowbear" or some other bullcrap like that.
    Many helpful videos are available at ClickinOrka's Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwjNRHKwUET9jVUbgrO17Q