UnOfficial Dynasty Event Preview

Mr TopGear
Mr TopGear
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,827
edited 12 Oct 2017, 2:01PM
I have spent a few hours today trying out the new tech for Dynasty Event. Usually I do several videos hitting different level targets and showing different repair times / tactics but for this event I do not think it will benefit you for a few reasons so I have done a montage video of a few hits with different fleet setups to showcase the tech. I expect one of my fellow preview guys to drop up some of our marauder pvp battle videos but I will kick it all off here

Blitz Reaper - Cruiser Tactic

1. I expect the damage levels from the preview server to the live server to be very different so I have not shown any repair times
  2. There is really no decent tactic vs Blitz Reapers. You will take unavoidable damage 

Ancient Blitz Reapers

The targets as the name suggests are fast. I used Chase 3 Thrusters on all ships in testing and still couldn't keep up with them. You can pin the ancient reaper with stasis weapons to keep them close to your ships. At the start of battle there are 2 Ancient Reapers and they spawn 6 smaller reapers with a mix of energy (piercing) and alien beam weapons. The main ancient reapers fire plasma (non tracking) weapons. Periodically the ancient reapers will spawn in 4 more reapers each and swarm you with damage so if you dont kill any of the first 12 you will soon be facing 20 reapers and 2 ancients. You cannot kill all the small reapers before another wave warp in so the only thing you can do is target the main Ancient Reapers and kill them as fast as possible. The main reapers tank rather well so you need alot of damage and they move out of range fast. You need to be moving all the time and not group ships so the energy piercing and plasma don't hit you

Tech Review

Enforcer Battleship

AXIS version of the Annihilator. Offers nothing over the Annihilator in terms of loadout or stats. Only advantage is it can equip axis tech

Twinfire Beam

Energy and Alien versions work fine as a beam weapon. limited range for a battleship weapon but can deal out some serious damage. Works great vs beserker marauders but so does anything that can out range it

Harmonic Beam Capacitor

Should add some extra dps to any Energy weapons. I will probably add this to my pulse cannon guardians

ENAL Tungsten Armor

I prefer ENAL Talonite because it has more health but works fine for the mass. You will need some energy resistance for the new Blitz Reapers

Fury Drone

A decent squadron. Even though I knew about these ages agoi and had all the stats for them I still fitted Blue and Red drones to my paladin. Why? Because of the alien resistance. These are the goto drones for killing marauders. red/yellow/blue are best to kill axis/xeno

Harmonic Phase Shifter Generator

Not useful in pve but may have a use vs marauder shields or any pvp. I did fit it and try it out but no use in events (currently)

Berserker Cruiser + Marauder tech

I was a little underwhelmed by marauder tech. You have no choice in what to fit currently due to only being able to equip marauder tech. First  I fitted shields then fought a battle with a guy with no shields and full armour and got slaughtered every time. So I had to take off the shields and go full armour. Then there is the range issue. It has none so it gets kited by everything and you just die. I tried base hits as a rush fleet vs a full Xeno Shatter base and it isn't a very good basing fleet. So the berserker with its current loadout and setup does not really fill any role well. Would I build a fleet of them. No. If I was given a fleet of them would I fly them? No. Unless someone is daft enough to run a fleet of cutters into them I cant see much use for them. Range is to small with void Pulse Cannon. Circuit shield is too repair time heavy

Further Testing

I did some more tests on Blitz Reapers. They only spawn more reapers once you hit 8 or less active reapers (with 2 hives alive). If you never kill any they never spawn any. This means that if you target the reapers they will just replace what you kill. So there is no point in killing any small reapers until after you kill the 2 Ancient Reapers

The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • MADDMICHAELANGELO
    MADDMICHAELANGELO
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1
    Thanks TG you are the best I am honored that Kix named a B ship after me I can't wait to fly it! -The Enforcer
  • Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,794

The co op leader board is a joke. So dumb and pathetic. Makes me want to puke

• Sheep Geminis
    Sheep Geminis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 340
    Thank you very much, TopGear, for taking your time to show us the new targets and mechanics that we're going to face on the monthly event. Personally it's really useful because I don't have the higher Ancient Reapers to fight with, and knowing that I'm going to be able to still fight the new Blitz Reapers with my Guardians gives me some hope to not leave the game.
    ┋ ID: 20710497. ┋ Lords of War Officer. ┋ Base level:  65. ┋ VIP Rank: 0. ┋
  • Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,794

Top gear, i forgot to also thank you for the preview. I can hear the tired frustration in your words.

• OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 251

So do you think the explanation shield will be better than diffuser for these targets?

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,253
    OnionD said:

So do you think the explanation shield will be better than diffuser for these targets?

No offense, but barely anyone uses HES, due to its lengthy repair time. I have Diffuser on my Guardians, they perform well against the Aliens.
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear

One thing I did notice on my spawn preview video if you look again is that on the first spawn 5 reapers spawn. The second spawn it drops to 4, third spawn 3 reapers spawn and forth spawn 2 spawn. So each iteration 1 less reaper spawns in each group. This isnt much use as by the time you manage to kill 10 waves your timer is up but its worth noting.

As for HES your still going to lose the shields with all the damage going on and your repair time footprint is larger so your repairs will go up. You will get more runs out of your fleet but it will take longer to repair. You could scrap shields completely and run more armour to achieve that.

You need to find a way to take these ancients down as fast as possible. The small reapers are just to deal damage and hinder you getting to the ancients.

The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear

@Harlan Harvey said:
    Top gear, i forgot to also thank you for the preview. I can hear the tired frustration in your words.

The new blitz reapers are frustrating because there is no good tactic to fight them with. Cyrus has a insta rep blitz 100 video which you know will be nothing like that on the main server so time will tell on just how much damage we will take

The original reapers you could mitigate damage through good flying; the blitz reapers you are just swarmed with ships that even if you destroy them are instantly back attacking you

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,117
    Best strategy I've found is to take out the Ancients first.  You have to work on blitzing them.   It's not going to be a free rep, but it will go faster than trying to kill all the gnats first.   You'll take a few down.   The more DPS your fleet has the better you'll do.   I suggest grinding lower level Blitz first and going for the harder ones later in the event. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,465

@Harlan Harvey said:

The new blitz reapers are frustrating because there is no good tactic to fight them with. Cyrus has a insta rep blitz 100 video which you know will be nothing like that on the main server so time will tell on just how much damage we will take

The original reapers you could mitigate damage through good flying; the blitz reapers you are just swarmed with ships that even if you destroy them are instantly back attacking you

That was my feelings exactly after fighting one... it was just chaos. I had actually come to enjoy the ancient reapers as I had a strategy that worked decently. Guess with these we're probably supposed to fight them like in the event video... just sit there and blast away as they surround our wagon circle... 
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • DiabolicEsper
    DiabolicEsper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 291

@Mr TopGear said:
    One thing I did notice on my spawn preview video if you look again is that on the first spawn 5 reapers spawn. The second spawn it drops to 4, third spawn 3 reapers spawn and forth spawn 2 spawn. So each iteration 1 less reaper spawns in each group. This isnt much use as by the time you manage to kill 10 waves your timer is up but its worth noting.

As for HES your still going to lose the shields with all the damage going on and your repair time footprint is larger so your repairs will go up. You will get more runs out of your fleet but it will take longer to repair. You could scrap shields completely and run more armour to achieve that.

You need to find a way to take these ancients down as fast as possible. The small reapers are just to deal damage and hinder you getting to the ancients.

Well i use harmonic Exophase for the shield increase, also because im working part time so repair time still isnt an issue for me, i have a feeling once i get out of school ill understand why you guys hate your jobs so much

• DiabolicEsper
    DiabolicEsper
    Minor Nuisance

I manage to kill a 70 Blitz Reaper using 4 ships and get 6 hours repair time, the 4 ships are 2 guardians, a xeno seeker punisher, and a Spectre wing dom.

• DiabolicEsper
    DiabolicEsper
    Minor Nuisance

@SEAL Corps1 said:
    OnionD said:

No offense, but barely anyone uses HES, due to its lengthy repair time. I have Diffuser on my Guardians, they perform well against the Aliens.

I feel like diffuser wont be useful aganist Blitz reapers because of the amount of plasma they shoot out

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear

@SEAL Corps1 said:
    OnionD said:

I feel like diffuser wont be useful aganist Blitz reapers because of the amount of plasma they shoot out

You would be wrong. If you fly parallel to the plasma shots they fall behind your ships and you can still keep the shields up
  • ElyxSirLanceloT
    ElyxSirLanceloT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 55
    Thanks TG you are the best I am honored that Kix named a B ship after me I can't wait to fly it! -The Enforcer

Congrats for you first post after playing for 3 years, that is something! :smile: