Official Dynasty Event Discussion

• Jamie Helm
    Jamie Helm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 877

@joolex said:
    Johnnie Hernandez said:

“Hey guys these guys are coining! Let’s raise difficulty to make more money!!” Nope that’s how you lose money. Dummies

No no no, cm chris has made it clear that players leaving reasons are only known by the kixeye scientist that take granular sample data and they know what they are doing, your assumptions are only empiric observations over time limited by your narrow point of view, so with that said, it clearly looks like you Johnnie are wrong. 

And remember kixeye gets 20 new players for every 1 player that quits, so by making players quit they are actually making the player base larger, this is why they are such a success story.

If I am not mistaken this is what we have been told lately.

Didn't this team invent hamburgers and finish a round of perfect hole in one golf as well ;)

On the flip side, I get a business needs to make money, but **** over everyone one except the US players is wrong. Do some proper dammed testing before release and stop **** the rest of us all around. People finishing this event easy and not spending just means jacking up the damage for the rest of us so you can make revenue targets. Why should we subsidize your lack of testing skills?

On that topic....Modeling difficulty based on Cyrus preview play is just as wrong, for two reasons, one, Cyrus is dammed good at working this out, and two, you claim to be a mobile centric game. I challenge any Kixeye dev to replicate Cyrus flying on an iPhone 5.

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

Yep cyrus plays on pc and does 20-50 clicks a minute in some instances. That cant be replicated on mobile. It isnt possible to have such control. You also cant replicate on pc without spending hundreds of collars worth of coins to find the patterns.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 372
    Killed an lv90 reaper for 40 minutes repair. What am I doing wrong?
    Required some intense flying control, though. Then i attacked an lv80 one and my connecton broke, reloaded by the end of the fight and got almost 4 hours repair. At least not the whole fleet dead...
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 482

@John Jones22 said:
    Yep cyrus plays on pc and does 20-50 clicks a minute in some instances. That cant be replicated on mobile. It isnt possible to have such control. You also cant replicate on pc without spending hundreds of collars worth of coins to find the patterns.

And Kix say Vega, at foremost, is a mobile game. No way you can micro control on a phone or tablet. Controls for mobile need a rethink.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,862

@John Jones22 said:

U might wanna double the number u proposed........

Rebel Admiral, Head Intelligence Officer and Coordinator of Rebel forces.
    "Band together and prepare for war. This is Zero Hour!"

• Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 464
    So why must the announcement be so general as to be useless? What are high level targets? For some an 80 is pretty high, for other it is 95. Why can't you just type 6 or 8 numbers and be precise? Your info is meaningless.
    I guess we now know that 80 is high. Almost triple the amount of damage from last night. And it was a well played attack. Sad there was no response to my previous request.
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 778
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 12:33PM
    so yesterday on launch i did the 70 blitz reaps with a consistend 7 or 8% damage. and half a day later i get 17% damage each hit.
    no different fleet nor flying pattern.
    so what happened?
    not claiming there has been a buff, but it highly seems like it is. would love an answer. too many people hitting low targets again? no one doing the coop targets?

don't like it in short.

edit:
    even base attacks. wth, i can now only do 2 or 3 while yesterday i did 4 with no big problems. whats going on? do we always need to do the events on the launch day from now on?
  • jinko821
    jinko821
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 319

70 blitz reapers are harder to do than 85s? How does this makes sense? I just did an 85 and it dropped me 15% (750% higher than pre buff)and the 70 did 25%. Kix logic best logic.

• Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 12:35PM
    i just made a post, i think they buffed the 70s, it seems really stupid to me. i guess too many people hitting 70s? and not going for the coop targets. who knows. but even that is not a valid oppinion in my eyes

if u claim 85 are better, thx for the tip. ill go ahaed and try

• mars1201
    mars1201
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 43
    same for me , they use to do that before
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    mars1201 said:
    same for me , they use to do that before
    they did it before, the sad part is on these big scales you almost cant tell with all this dps flynig around
  • MRKY06
    MRKY06
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 74

Mi question is why do you buff event flets till event is runing?thise morning around 8.00(ECT) i hit wit thise fleet(3 guardian cruser mk3,1 puni mk3,1 puni mk4 and paladin mk3).1xAR 60,1x blitz repers 75,1x blitz repers 80,and my fleet wose at 72 procent.now i got from work home 17.00(ECT) and i hit 1x blitz repers 80 and my fleet wose down to 52 procent.can i know whay ar you doing thise to me?

goran
  • LadyViper64
    LadyViper64
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 182

Wow no response from CM Chris about the very upset ppl, kixeye have screwed all players of a dying game

• Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 8
    They want you to quit the game and let everyone know how bad it is so they can bankrupt the company and embezzle the profits from the last year of coiner income that we all pumped into vega trying to keep up.

Grats!! Youre screwed with the rest of us.
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    Greenhorn

Alien sector dead, my sector dead, surrounding sectors dead, shows how much players are thinking about this game.....dead

Exactly
  • ann_you-bis
    ann_you-bis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 39
    OnionD said:

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

Then, how about announcing like this? : high level blitz reaper target will have their Difficulty increased after 30 minute.

I think this will make players more aware about event adjustment, making them prepare about change.

@CM Chris

Because then everyone rushes to hit a broken target for 30 minutes before it gets corrected. If the game team finds something wrong, they're just going to fix it. My posts and their visibility are always going to be playing catch-up.

FWIW, we're working on tools that will allow us to make dynamic announcements to live users.

And by "broken target" you mean "you aren't taking enough damage target"

Unbalance greed. Blitz Reapers = Steamroller Greed and against players Machine. Can kix even do worst than that?SURE!!!

Cyrus said in one video: "avoid the plasma damage as many as possible", not in this words, but is what he said!

That **** thing now have a machine gun of plasma bullet and works like a gatling weapon!! Come on!! THAT.IS.RIDICULOUS.WRONG! 

Without mention that **** Leaderboard competition that ONLY benefits 10 players!
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,600
    Yes, there has been a buff, read the official event post.
    Alien Target Infographs: http://tinyurl.com/y8mjea5h
    Show of Mod Powers: http://gph.is/2ucUEogimage
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    Greenhorn
    Yes they did buff them, confirmed in another post by CM.

Short of it is that some high end players chain farmed 70s last night for easy payouts and kix didnt like them winning without massive damage to coin repair so they buffed 70/75, then had to "rebalance" everything above that to scale. 

The BR85s are better by far though. I am taking half as much damage vs 85s than 75s, still 8hrs but better than 15.
    (They will now buff those to screw us further.)
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    Greenhorn
    You see, Kix designs these chain events - and the fleets - to add ridiculous damage so we will be forced to coin repair or quit the game. Some players managed to do well in this event last night by hitting something other than the max level targets, so they didnt have astronomical repairs to coin. Now we all must be punished because the highest level players can easily kill mid level targets (who could ever imagine that!?!) without having to sell their souls to kix, as if they hadnt already.

Go kix!!
  • darth_cirdec
    darth_cirdec
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 225
    I'm sure event will get another buff but I was able to get the top prize using 5x puns from mk4 - mk2 only hitting the lvl 75 blitz reapers; I have over 20 hours of repair time plus the base hits; I let the fleet repair overnight and while i'm at work, it is doable and you will take damage during this new season (no way around it). I have spent 0 coins and will not spend any money until the game is fixed but it will take a little longer to get my prize but it is doable..
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,824
    OnionD said:

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

Then, how about announcing like this? : high level blitz reaper target will have their Difficulty increased after 30 minute.

I think this will make players more aware about event adjustment, making them prepare about change.

@CM Chris

Because then everyone rushes to hit a broken target for 30 minutes before it gets corrected. If the game team finds something wrong, they're just going to fix it. My posts and their visibility are always going to be playing catch-up.

FWIW, we're working on tools that will allow us to make dynamic announcements to live users.

Unbalance greed. Blitz Reapers = Steamroller Greed and against players Machine. Can kix even do worst than that?SURE!!!

Cyrus said in one video: "avoid the plasma damage as many as possible", not in this words, but is what he said!

That **** thing now have a machine gun of plasma bullet and works like a gatling weapon!! Come on!! THAT.IS.RIDICULOUS.WRONG! 

Without mention that **** Leaderboard competition that ONLY benefits 10 players!
    The targets can be defeated through good flying with minimal damage in their current iteration. You need to find a method that works for you. I have watched players taking 14 hrs rep from a Blitz 70 and I can do them for minimal damage. i have seen players grouping up and soaking up plasma damage or endlessly fighting the small reapers. you have to target the ancient all the time and ignore the small ones
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • GoldenGunner.PT
    GoldenGunner.PT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 37
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

@CM Chris

Targets are tuned both up and down in difficulty.

"up and Down in difficulty"  equals. saying not having the expect return of investment with  the new targets.

please

we all have companies we all have KPI's,

before we launch a new product proper trials need to be made. we don't change the rules as we go.

and if its bad do a proper product recall.

• Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    Greenhorn
    This event isn't that hard.  Sorry, it really isn't. 
    Its not about this event being "hard" or not, Raven. Its about them burning us out with no reprieve from events and constantly changing the rules to screw us over. They add these massive damage alien fleets, remove all but the highest damage targets to force coin repairs, then buff fleets mid-event to make it worse. Its all just greed driven bully tactics to force us to spend.

A fair and balanced game doesnt involve devs sweating over how to best destroy and disable the players so they cant play anymore then increasing difficulty by 5x during live events without notice to account for 1% of the highest end players being able to beat the challenge. Theyve broken repair times, theyve eliminated the mid game, theyre preventing new players from being able to achieve new tech to grow, and giving none of us time to actually build and enjoy the game as it should be.
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,116
    What burn out.  I take time off when I need to.  If I don't need **** from the PS, SS, Deci, or Mobi,  I DON'T PLAY THEM.  YOU control your experience.  If you feel like you need to play every event then you have a problem.   Especially when at least two of them are repeated with the exact same content. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    i say ballony, how in the **** am i supposed to know this before i attack an alien?>????? @Cyrus Leung ???

i mean it's not that i am on the forums everyday, so basicly i need to accept the extra damage i have gotten??? or how does this work? legaly i should get an in game notification or a coin compensation for stuff like this.

why is kix always bending their own rules?
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,301
    Hallack said:

I have to say that it is incredibly crappy for those of us who have to earn a living to find out that people who are lucky enough to get in early receive massive benefits while the rest of us end up wi5 much harder targets. It is really just incredibly nasty.

That about the sum of it. It also means certain timezones have a constant advantage as the event start at times that always coincides with their off work hours so they can exploit these freebie targets finishing events in under an hour while the rest of us have to spend 3 days barely scraping by due to heavy repairs. Then when you get off work and can play you are lucky if bored early finishers of said event isn't entertaining themselves by trying to prevent others from finishing the event by killing farm fleets with expendable PvP fleets.

This is how it has always been though. Its thus systemic, no matter how unintentional, as its not occasional occurrences. So while it sucks for people missing out we really only have two choices. Accept that it stinks and will keep doing so, or find a cleaner place to play. I will still be able to finish in 3 days and i have never had a very good sense of smell it seems, so ill soldier on. But i feel for all the people who haven't coined to the level i have and keep seeing their only chance to finish events like this vanishing because they were born in the wrong part of the world.
    This time happened that the fleets have been buffed, but in the past happened that the fleet have been nerfed, so it goes both ways... remember when Kixeye even started a repair discount during the event?

• Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

@prototype L said:
    I endured and endured, but now 50 targets are ancient. Now, i'm sure T5 players cannot achieve xeno/AXIS hullsband tech in normal way. So I made this public now.

Requirement is FB 6, and ranc. It was recorded against AR70, so AR65 will give lower point payout.(5000+- I guess)

Gave fun.

And now that you posted that they will buff the reapers and won't be able to do it anymore. Nice job re tard

We already knew about the strategy, no need to turn on one another.
    cool cool. this is why kixeye did the great grand rebalance in the first place remember?
    remember all the ftards camping at the gates with their insta rancs and insta genesis with lvl 5 shields? why is this still possible? are there flaws in kixeye's design?
    find out in a new episode of kixeye uypdates and rebalancing with 1hp = 1sec repair time, but not really anymore! and don't forget about speed rebalance! that also was a joke!

yes mark me as troll, but seeing this again gave me a twitch, as people will get less points attacking a damaged target. we have been fooled again.

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,301
    Took the Paladin out of my Event fleet and and made it 3 mark 3 Gaurds one Mark 3 Guard and 2 mark four puns.  Did better against hitting a 90.  

This event isn't that hard.  Sorry, it really isn't.   We've known for months how they want you to play the game.  People are continually complaining about the changes they've made that they aren't going to change back.  It's up to us to change our play style.   I've had way more success figuring out ways to hit fleets other than the suggested Kixeye way.  I've got the new tech and the new ship already and now I'm just going to mess around with this to see what I can do.  Still trying to think up a new build for the Enforcer.  Maybe after hitting two more 90's I'll slap Xeno Bomb on it.  Yeah build time will be longer but I have enough ship now that I can afford a few longer builds. (Besides I can grab some time tokens and speed it up.   

Also  using my 4 cutters to do some hits on the Ancient hives.   The split attack strategy Cyrus Posted really does work best.   Keep in mind we can all help each other by sharing strats and builds.  

Stop stressing, stop coining, and play the game different.   

It's just a game. 
    I agree, I would also add that flying your ship in proper way minimizes the effects of the buff. 
    Hit...if the AR shots miss your ships, no matter how much power they have... the damage is still zero.
  • xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111
    Kix wants you to quit.  Less server cost.  Then they push to have top tier equipment.  They really hate low level targets so expect those to be buffed.  Servers time costs money if the free to play quit  it's money in the bank.  Too bad.  If they would have a subscription (modest amount) most would stay if the repair/refit was reasonable.
       I can no longer assign 4 days and $50.00 to "win".   So big events are out.  My wallet says so.