Official Dynasty Event Discussion

• Paulie757
    Paulie757
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 6
    It's funny how making the same target you hit ten minutes ago deal 4 times as much damage is called tuning. lol It was fun while it lasted.

• Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 408
    OnionD said:

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

Then, how about announcing like this? : high level blitz reaper target will have their Difficulty increased after 30 minute.

I think this will make players more aware about event adjustment, making them prepare about change.

@CM Chris

Because then everyone rushes to hit a broken target for 30 minutes before it gets corrected. If the game team finds something wrong, they're just going to fix it. My posts and their visibility are always going to be playing catch-up.

FWIW, we're working on tools that will allow us to make dynamic announcements to live users.

And by "broken target" you mean "you aren't taking enough damage target"

Yes, you have to take 10hr of damage or the targets are broken.
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,360
    OnionD said:

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

Then, how about announcing like this? : high level blitz reaper target will have their Difficulty increased after 30 minute.

I think this will make players more aware about event adjustment, making them prepare about change.

@CM Chris

Because then everyone rushes to hit a broken target for 30 minutes before it gets corrected. If the game team finds something wrong, they're just going to fix it. My posts and their visibility are always going to be playing catch-up.

FWIW, we're working on tools that will allow us to make dynamic announcements to live users.

Targets are tuned both up and down in difficulty.
    VEGA Conflict Community Manager/Interim WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,743

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

@CM Chris

Umm..... not true. If this were the case, there wouldn't be so many things that remain un fixed for weeks and months. I don't think it is helpful to list all of these instances.
    Giving the community 30 minutes heads up and kixeye having to deal with those consequences might actually do more to discourage these types of "mistakes"

• ipevac
    ipevac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 143
    CM Chris said:
    CM Chris said:
    UPDATE: High level Blitz Reaper fleets have increased in difficulty.
    Well I think we can all acknowledge that some tuning on the high level targets was needed. However going from the level they were to what they are now without any notification in game was dire and as a result lost me a fleet of ships. Posting a notice in a forum thread does not help anyone currently playing the game on the targets that were released
    There's no system in game currently that allows us to make announcements to live users. The IAM system only triggers on login; banner pills require sign-out and sign-in to dynamically update. So no matter what - if there's a difficulty adjustment, players currently in the game are going to be unaware. Nothing we can do about that outside of letting the targets stay broken - which is not an option. As such, players just need to be vigilant about difficulty while we work on getting such an announcement feature in the game when we have the time.
    This is a recurring theme.  It is disappointing to hear that this treatment of players is ok.  There are so many ways to solve this with the current tools in a way that players don't feel that the rug can be pulled under them at any given time.

If a target is over-tuned, players are not compensated.  And the correction usually takes many events.  In fact, I have not seen anyone doing the boss level ancient outposts in forever.

If the targets are under-tuned, they get over-tuned and players find out about it after the fact.  Also, players are not compensated for this either.

So to get back to the current situation.  Kixeye made the mistake of releasing things that were not as difficult as they wanted.  Despite them being tested on the preview servers.  So because of this mistake, the players should be punished and have the difficulty change without any warning to them.

I like how allowing things to stay as they were is not an option.  I like how giving players information before drastic changes happen is also apparently not an option.  Because a system does not exist to do in game notifications, players are punished.  Why is it not an option for Kixeye to work within those limitations and create a good experience for the players?  How is it not an option to put a system in place where players are informed of these changes?  Is it not embarrassing for Kixeye to be running the game as a service for years and not have things in place where player experience is not so negatively impacted by these changes?  Is Kixeye under the illusion that this kind of running of the game is entertaining for the players?

• Rearend Entry
    Rearend Entry
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 23
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 1:26AM
    **** CM CHRIS really trying his hardest to justify to the player community about making the event harder LOL. Why not just come out of your slimey hole and be honest for a change, most of know you up the difficulty cause Dixeye not making enough money in this event, this has been the norm for over 4 years now lol. I honestly think dixeye will lose what remaining player base they have if this **** continues to go on. I know for my self the Chinese Vega is looking real good right now lol. Oh and I don't normally post on here because every time I do it seems to get deleted or I get given a ban for speaking the truth lol.
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

Early in the event I hit two blitz reaper 90s with my mk6 paladin and mk3-6 xeno ships. Each one did 13-14% damage and the second killed on of my ships. Was that supposed to be game breaking!?! Hardly. I need like 6 million points or more.

• ryansit
    ryansit
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 104

You can always tell when they buff the fleets, it’s generally super laggy and/or you can’t join the battle. Next battle you either get destroyed or it’s way more damage. Get in early get your points and quit because it’s not worth it till they lower the difficulty.

• ryansit
    ryansit
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 104

I got the ship skipping the rest unless they lower the damage.

• Rick Pincus
    Rick Pincus
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 40

@Bigfr0 said:
    My lvl89 fleet against a lvl 80 blitz reaper...3 minutes of play, 6 hours repair.  So much UNAVOIDABLE damage I'm embarrassed for you.  Beginning of event and only 4 battles in my sector...ITS BECAUSE YOU HAVE TAKEN THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME...why cant you get it through your hard friggin skulls???  Its not hard, really.  Let me give you the formula...

1. How to make money;
                   Listen to your customer base, make them happy, collect money

2. How to lose money;
                  Think you know better then your customer base, do not listen to them, **** them off, create parameters to your game that your customer base 
                  hates, lose money, close down.

Your customers happiness is the ONLY matrix you need to know. 

Why would anyone spend money on this game in the state it is in right now? 

Your mistake is thinking they want the game to be fun. They want it to be frustrating so you’re encouraged to coin. Any fun you happen to squeeze out is inconsequential and just coincidence.

• Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 408
    It seems kixeye only wants players with elite fleets to get the Berserker.
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 88

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

@CM Chris

If you are more afraid of players using exploit than players getting damaged by those 'unexpected buffed targets', disable those targets 30 minutes or more and post announcement about disabled thing + incoming change! No one would be victim of unexpected buff or exploit those targets. This will give time to game team to fix, and also make there's no victim or exploit user. I believe KIXEYE have control of target spawning depend on my experiences and expectation.

But still, this cannot make dynamic in-game announcement. This need systemical change. Good to hear you guys are working on it.

• Darthkuriboh
    Darthkuriboh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 339
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

@CM Chris

Targets are tuned both up and down in difficulty.

and set up to make sure we have to coin like mad to do anything. no thanks. This is why I only use lower level fleets.
  • SmotheredByAss
    SmotheredByAss
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 25

@Aletheides said:
    Hallack said:

I have to say that it is incredibly crappy for those of us who have to earn a living to find out that people who are lucky enough to get in early receive massive benefits while the rest of us end up wi5 much harder targets. It is really just incredibly nasty.

That about the sum of it. It also means certain timezones have a constant advantage as the event start at times that always coincides with their off work hours so they can exploit these freebie targets finishing events in under an hour while the rest of us have to spend 3 days barely scraping by due to heavy repairs. Then when you get off work and can play you are lucky if bored early finishers of said event isn't entertaining themselves by trying to prevent others from finishing the event by killing farm fleets with expendable PvP fleets.

This is how it has always been though. Its thus systemic, no matter how unintentional, as its not occasional occurrences. So while it sucks for people missing out we really only have two choices. Accept that it stinks and will keep doing so, or find a cleaner place to play. I will still be able to finish in 3 days and i have never had a very good sense of smell it seems, so ill soldier on. But i feel for all the people who haven't coined to the level i have and keep seeing their only chance to finish events like this vanishing because they were born in the wrong part of the world.

23.00hrs event starts for me

• SmotheredByAss
    SmotheredByAss
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 25

@OnionD said:

@prototype L said:

@OnionD said:
    There is literally no open way to progress into t6 without coins. You cannot do ancient reapers with t5 tech you cannot do ancient hives with t5 tech and you can do outposts with t5 tech but you need a suppressor or those stupid drones will kill you.

This is what majority of players thinking right now. And it is true. Please consider T5/T6 ascending Difficulty again.

Right now the only way to go into t6 is by spending hundreds of dollars on the featured market. Literally. I honestly feel bad for low lvl players I know some people who have been stuck with t5 tech for months now

I skipped from t1 to t6 without building any ships when free hulls were around and then grinded original barragr hives to gain the punisher took around 300hrs of gameplay from the start but fleets are nearly all ancient and more difficult or impossible for lower lvls.

• joolex
    joolex
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 83

*BS*

No need to lie, I will coin any way.
    El Pirata
  • joolex
    joolex
    Potential Threat
    MPoitras said:

So let me get this straight. Anyone who logged in early got massive easy points, but those who didn't get screwed? Wow. To be honest, a company this stupid really doesn't deserve to still be in business.

You got it all wrong MPoitras, players that like to be treated like trash, deserve to be treated like trash.
    El Pirata
  • joolex
    joolex
    Potential Threat

Early in the event I hit two blitz reaper 90s with my mk6 paladin and mk3-6 xeno ships. Each one did 13-14% damage and the second killed on of my ships. Was that supposed to be game breaking!?! Hardly. I need like 6 million points or more.

Hey take a little more damage don't be stingy, kixeye has to pay its super cool employees like trustworthy cm chris, be generous this christmas season.
    El Pirata
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord

Not one event fleet being hit in sector after the massive buff. Good work kix. Not one person hitting a fleet in thw whole sector on the first day of an event.

• joolex
    joolex
    Potential Threat

“Hey guys these guys are coining! Let’s raise difficulty to make more money!!” Nope that’s how you lose money. Dummies

No no no, cm chris has made it clear that players leaving reasons are only known by the kixeye scientist that take granular sample data and they know what they are doing, your assumptions are only empiric observations over time limited by your narrow point of view, so with that said, it clearly looks like you Johnnie are wrong. 

And remember kixeye gets 20 new players for every 1 player that quits, so by making players quit they are actually making the player base larger, this is why they are such a success story.

If I am not mistaken this is what we have been told lately.
    El Pirata
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 964
    I got the ship, because I don't try and die on high end targets.  I grind medium targets and work the base hit bonus...

I can now hit 80's the rest of the weekend at my leisure and get the rest of the crap.   

Like I've done the whole season... 

You guys keep playing this game wrong. 

#notsorry

Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • Gianluca Secchi
    Gianluca Secchi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 2

"Difficulty on high level Blitz Reaper targets has been increased", you dumbass player need coin much more..... Eat a d.......... " By Cm Chris

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord

Tried a 90 blitz reaper after the buff. Went from taking 13% damage on one to 39%. 3 times the damage is not a buff, it is a bending the players over and having your way with them. **** you kix.