Official Dynasty Event Discussion

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,356
    Event store isn't up in game. Didn't you say that's the exception, appearing 48 hours before it begins? 
    We have to push minimum version before we can schedule it, otherwise the players that haven't updated yet will just see spinning circles on any new content. I believe that happens sometime later tonight. I suspect this event will have a 24 hour lead-in time as a result of the Apple delays. Unfortunately missing out on some lore, as well, but ah well.
    VEGA Conflict Community Manager/Interim WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 311
    And why no harmonic xeno capacitor?
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 989
    Sequestor said:
    And why no harmonic xeno capacitor?
    My logic behind that was posted here
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer.

• prototype L
    prototype L
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 88
    About Twinfire beam, it is true that DPS of Twinfire beam is not really good as my expectation. but let's wait and see it in action. we can argue about it after watching it.
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Potential Threat
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

There is literally no open way to progress into t6 without coins. You cannot do ancient reapers with t5 tech you cannot do ancient hives with t5 tech and you can do outposts with t5 tech but you need a suppressor or those stupid drones will kill you.

@OnionD said:
    There is literally no open way to progress into t6 without coins. You cannot do ancient reapers with t5 tech you cannot do ancient hives with t5 tech and you can do outposts with t5 tech but you need a suppressor or those stupid drones will kill you.

This is what majority of players thinking right now. And it is true. Please consider T5/T6 ascending Difficulty again.

We're working on a silo event for Xeno content in the vein of Planet Strike or Sector Strike but for now we've been running that tech for 9 months out of the year. It's not like we didn't make them available, and it's okay for things to disappear for a little while. 
    what we are talking about isn't disappear of few xeno techs(for example, punisher cruiser or XDC). we are talking about difficulty of ascending to T6 from T5. event thing that i said upper reply was just an example. good to hear about proceeding it, but we have thing we can do right now. how about giving back players ordinary alien outpost (40) or increased point of ordinary alien fleets? don't you think gap between ancient target's point payout  and alien target's point payout is too big?
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,356
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

@OnionD said:

This is what majority of players thinking right now. And it is true. Please consider T5/T6 ascending Difficulty again.

We're working on a silo event for Xeno content in the vein of Planet Strike or Sector Strike but for now we've been running that tech for 9 months out of the year. It's not like we didn't make them available, and it's okay for things to disappear for a little while. 
    what we are talking about isn't disappear of few xeno techs(for example, punisher cruiser or XDC). we are talking about difficulty of ascending to T6 from T5. event thing that i said upper reply was just an example. good to hear about proceeding it, but we have thing we can do right now. how about giving back players ordinary alien outpost (40) or increased point of ordinary alien fleets? don't you think gap between ancient target's point payout  and alien target's point payout is too big?
    I don't think it's too big, no, and I think that a classic Alien silo event will help bridge whatever gap is left. That jump is meant to be very difficult, honestly the entire game is meant to be very difficult, but the transition into the endgame and the entire endgame beyond that is intended to have significant jump in challenge.

But for these events, when we had the classic target availability, a big chunk of the community milked those targets because it was a path of less resistance, so we had to close that loophole and that meant removing classic alien targets from end-game events. Was definitely a bummer, but was necessary.
    VEGA Conflict Community Manager/Interim WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • thewiseasian1
    thewiseasian1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 73
    @CM Chris Can you give us more details on the Twinfire Beam. It retargets faster and by the sound of what you are saying it has a faster fire rate. I feel like I am missing something when comparing stats to lets say a Xeno Rupture Beam 2. I was expecting something that looks it would replace the Rupture beam based on how you been trying to release this season. Is there anything else about the Twinfire Beam that you would like to tell us? Does it have a better charge rate? Different kind of cycle?
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 677

It seems that the Twinfire doesn't have dual targeting, that's a letdown. The name implied that it could fire on two targets.

The XF TB has the integrated range boost, so that's a problem out of the way. The HPSG has Harmonic Siege, which increases module damage.

I noticed that the Blitz Reapers are basically the ARs on steroids, but the Plasma slugs are not homing. We'll have to see this in action before we jump to conclusions.

What are all your acronyms?
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Potential Threat
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 3:06AM
    CM Chris said:
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

@OnionD said:

I don't think it's too big, no, and I think that a classic Alien silo event will help bridge whatever gap is left. That jump is meant to be very difficult, honestly the entire game is meant to be very difficult, but the transition into the endgame and the entire endgame beyond that is intended to have significant jump in challenge.

But for these events, when we had the classic target availability, a big chunk of the community milked those targets because it was a path of less resistance, so we had to close that loophole and that meant removing classic alien targets from end-game events. Was definitely a bummer, but was necessary.
    on here, yes. when we had the classic target availability, we destroyed many of those target, and I'm also the one who did it. and also, jumping into endgame contents should be very difficult. But That difficulty is going harder and harder.

let's go back to the day when we played and got punisher cruiser. there was classic Hive fleet, which launched swarms. as I remember, with announcement of swarm which can be equipped on dominion carrier, intercepting method of squadron changed, and it became really easy and became to take it down using fleet with creeper torp + manifold missile battleship and carrier. it was quite easy target with quite generous point payout. It was still challenge, but we could see clear way to get T6 tech without any exploit.

because its easy difficulty, hive fleet continues having buffed and less point payout(I remember 500 points on hive 40 at certain point). but there was still a way to get T6 tech. with announcement of AXIS season, Hive fleets are retired, and reapers and barrage hives got its position. but there was a problem. there was no shield bypass on ordinary hive fleet, and now mid lvl target got it. also, because high lvl players was milking those targets, kixeye made those targets harder and harder and made them lower point payout. And now, because those buffs and nerf of point payout, ruin has come to T5 players. because kixeye made those target's difficulty harder to make T6 players hunt ancient targets, T5 players had no chance to chase its difficulty, and 'THE WALL' is formed, and now it is replacing with ancient targets.

the difficulty for jumping into T6 continues to harder, and now some xeno ships unavailable to acquire, the point T5 players have to earn became higher. there was recent planet/sector strike refreshment, but it is not enough to chase down event's difficulty.

And also, on previous monthly event with Vsec, Demon Corps fleets, we could choose what level to hit. we didn't need to attack highest level target to earn latest tech. there was no coercion to hit specific level of target. even if we decided to milk classic targets, removing it is not right.
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 502
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

@OnionD said:

Not entirely true - there is a lot of tech that has been available for up to 9 months such as hulls and xeno weapons, but there have been a few things such as overcharged warheads, siege casing, various reusable tech that haven't been seen for a few months. Some was only available in one or two events.
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Potential Threat
    CM Chris said:

@OnionD said:

@prototype L said:
    I endured and endured, but now 50 targets are ancient. Now, i'm sure T5 players cannot achieve xeno/AXIS hullsband tech in normal way. So I made this public now.

Requirement is FB 6, and ranc. It was recorded against AR70, so AR65 will give lower point payout.(5000+- I guess)

Gave fun.

And now that you posted that they will buff the reapers and won't be able to do it anymore. Nice job re tard

Actually I think this is kinda 'broken'. T1 player should not have access on latest T6.5 tech. FB6 have AXIS tech in hand? This is nonsense, even though he cannot build it.

But Also, if T5 players who grow as intended cannot achieve T6.5, it's also broken. This video is for them, to survive on 'broken' event.

You'd have to do ~277 attacks to earn an AXIS hull through that method, and that's not mentioning any of the tech - which is locked to AXIS anyway. It's why we never bothered to correct the strategy, that's just too tedious a method for a majority of players to bother with. If someone wants to put in the seat time for it then so be it. They can unlock a few hulls and tech they can't use yet. Anyway, the Blitz Reapers are on you too fast for that strategy to stay very relevant if it was widely used.
    Also about this, yes I have to do ~277 attacks to earn an AXIS hull blueprint through this method, but also I have to do 400 attacks toward barrage hive 45 to earn an AXIS hull blueprint. attacking barrage hive 45 400 times with some repair time, and attacking AR 70 ~277 times with no repair time. if you are T5 player, who desperately wanna get T6 tech for alien resistance, what strategy will you choose?

even if this strategy is unvalid now, there's still AR 65. it will grant 5000+- points, but still worth it to them.
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Potential Threat
    berri11 said:
    CM Chris said:
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

@OnionD said:

adding huge times gates does not add difficulty it just shows lack of imagination and idea  there is no way a newer player like me is going to get to axis  let alone stay around that long  the  build times are just insane, its a shame that t4 and beyond is like this  the game probably would have been much bigger and kept players around i am baffled as to why the build,repair,refit and upgrade times are this bad  there are no words to describe
    Totally agree with you Berri. ~T5's build time is too long compared to T6. Time Token is not enough to fill its gap. those things need additional adjustment.
  • Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 408
    CM Chris said:
    "more of players needing to adapt to new combat strategies."
    You mean forcing them to buy coins or only play for 10min every 10hrs with no skill required and extreme unavoidable damage.

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 989
    zparadis said:

It seems that the Twinfire doesn't have dual targeting, that's a letdown. The name implied that it could fire on two targets.

The XF TB has the integrated range boost, so that's a problem out of the way. The HPSG has Harmonic Siege, which increases module damage.

I noticed that the Blitz Reapers are basically the ARs on steroids, but the Plasma slugs are not homing. We'll have to see this in action before we jump to conclusions.

What are all your acronyms?
    XF: Xeno Fusion, the original name for the Alien weapons. It stuck on me. Some people use just the X. 

So, the XF TB = Xeno Fusion Twinfire Beam. HPSG = Harmonic Phase Shift Generator. 

In case you're wondering how I know the HPSG has increased module damage, its that the BP card for it was visible in the October Tech teaser, and the Harmonic bonus had a base logo. So, that means the bonus increases module damage. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer.

• SmotheredByAss
    SmotheredByAss
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 25

Endless money pit YAWN

• xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 6:23AM
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

@prototype L said:
    I endured and endured, but now 50 targets are ancient. Now, i'm sure T5 players cannot achieve xeno/AXIS hullsband tech in normal way. So I made this public now.

Requirement is FB 6, and ranc. It was recorded against AR70, so AR65 will give lower point payout.(5000+- I guess)

Gave fun.

And now that you posted that they will buff the reapers and won't be able to do it anymore. Nice job re tard

We already knew about the strategy, no need to turn on one another.
    Chris; We feel, at times, as soon as some successful tactic is made public then that is countered before many have any chance of gaining points and equipment.   The nerfing of points and the lack of consistency in repair times lowers the "fun factor".  Buffing the targets midway is so frustrating!  Yes, we expect it we take say 15 min repair on lvl 40 then next time  attacking LVL 40 we (barring blunder) repairs will also be the same.  Many of us cannot take on higher fleets even with the higher payout. It is not cost effective nor fun  Being able to sit down and have a good chance at top equipment.  Some play to relax and have fun some are rabid,for others it's social. 
         Yes I'm sure that the metrics give a print out each AM.  The computers can tell what happened ,what was used,etc.   What we a talking about are feelings,morale if you will. 
      Of course, we will take the course of least resistance!  When the "easy" targets are gone it does not mean that it is possible for us to be able to  "win"(what ever our personal goals are).  Some want fun and maybe practice, because the player can afford to make mistakes.  I would guess many players have few top tier fleets.  I don't. 
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,386
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 7:14AM
    @DevLeonis Now when the october tech video is released i have a few questions about the tech released.

Firstly the TwinFire beam. Looking at raw stats it looks less impressive than the rupture beam. Both in damage vs mass and in max DPS. Theres even slightly less range on the Xeno twinfire. My guess is that the game mechanical sorcery rests with the charge time and how that interacts with the Capacitors bonus making a capacitor boosted Twinfire beam overall higher in damage than a capacitor boosted rupture beam. Can you expand on this? How does it work and why do we want twinfire instead of rupture on our Enforcers? Whats the stats for charge time, recharge time and firing duration on twinfire compared to rupture? How does a firing cycle work for the Twinfire?

Heres @CM Chris explanation of the firing cycle for the rupture beam so you see what i mean with "firing cycle" . Its a lengthy explanation so i link instead of quote. https://community.kixeye.com/discussion/comment/5606849/#Comment_5606849

Secondly. Stats on base weapons. Whats the thinking behind making the new T6 turrets alien damage? A xeno rupture beam for a base may be slightly higher damage than a regular rupture beam for a base but in any lvl 65 base level players reality the only targets any turret will fire at is cruisers with heavy resists. PRAL armor means Alien and projectile resistances are the most boosted resistances. Changing damage types from Explosive on cluster and from energy on rupture/disintegrator then actually gives you much less damage to the target than if you had stayed with the explosive based cluster or energy based rupture due to maxed resists. Few basing tanking cruisers have full resists vs explosive and energy though so that was really the only reason to use these weapons considering they can only do damage if someone rushes a base with cruisers, or arent careful with their decoys due to their short range. Considering these limitations, Whats the thinking behind this? If they are staying Xeno, isnt the damage too low considering the day to day reality of the game?

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,252
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 7:32AM
    CM Chris said:
    You'd have to do ~277 attacks to earn an AXIS hull through that method, and that's not mentioning any of the tech - which is locked to AXIS anyway. It's why we never bothered to correct the strategy, that's just too tedious a method for a majority of players to bother with. If someone wants to put in the seat time for it then so be it. They can unlock a few hulls and tech they can't use yet. Anyway, the Blitz Reapers are on you too fast for that strategy to stay very relevant if it was widely used.
    This can be done with 7 fleets semi auto. Giving move order beginning of the battle and exit and do same thing with other 6 fleets. 3-4 hours and you have the hull. What should player do the rest of the event do not get everything else? If you dont have imagination dont expect anyone else dont have also.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • S H E E P
    S H E E P
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 280
    CM Chris said:
    OnionD said:

Why are we already replacing high lvl ancient reapers? Regular reapers were here for the entire xeno season but half way through axis we are replacing high lvl ancient reapers?...

Also would like to see some testing on blitz reapers

Classic Alien Targets started to get reinforced at about the same halfway point of the Xeno season. Targets became more entirely Alien damage based and the number of ships in the encounter slightly increased.

In this season, for that same reinforcement, we opted to go with more of a behavior and mechanics change so that it's less reinforcing the new damage type and more of players needing to adapt to new combat strategies.
    In other words, Chris, Kixeye opted to change the mechanics and the targets to force to us to build the new upcoming ships, and making (at least for me) the guardians that we're building totally useless. It's too early to face new unknown targets without the possibilities of using our older AXIS fleets. Could you please send the suggestion to keep the Ancient Reapers on the game for the people that want to use Guardians during the events?
    ID: 20710497. ┋ ABSOL Diplomacy Officer ┋ VC Base level: 61. ┋ VIP Rank: 0 .

• Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 359
    So what is Harmonic Warfare and why would I want it?
  • Infinity EIC
    Infinity EIC
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 34
    OnionD said:

@prototype L said:

Gave fun.

he is just trying to help, there will be lower lvl ancient reapers to try this on, so before you go shooting down someone like this, give him a thanks because people like him are needed in this community, helping the low lvl players

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,386
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 11:48AM
    OnionD said:

@prototype L said:

Gave fun.

he is just trying to help, there will be lower lvl ancient reapers to try this on, so before you go shooting down someone like this, give him a thanks because people like him are needed in this community, helping the low lvl players

Not that i condone this example at terrible balance. But Chris clearly made a calculation on using a single fleet. You can do this with 7 fleets simult with little effort. 277 hits / 7 fleets = ~39 waves of your fleets with insta repairs in between. Thats less than what most people have to hit for crafting boxes today, only with no downtime, so perfectly within the margin of possibility. So once they realise this, then yes, this hole will most likely be plugged by them.
  • IMBT13967968
    IMBT13967968
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 36
    Does harmonic bonuses apply to CO-OP friend's fleet?