Official Dynasty Event Discussion

CM Chris
CM Chris
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,668
Discuss tips, tricks, strategies, and feedback about Dynasty here!

Good luck, Rebels :) 
WC:RA/VC Community Manager
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,248

It seems that the Twinfire doesn't have dual targeting, that's a letdown. The name implied that it could fire on two targets.

The XF TB has the integrated range boost, so that's a problem out of the way. The HPSG has Harmonic Siege, which increases module damage.

I noticed that the Blitz Reapers are basically the ARs on steroids, but the Plasma slugs are not homing. We'll have to see this in action before we jump to conclusions.

Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 244

Why are we already replacing high lvl ancient reapers? Regular reapers were here for the entire xeno season but half way through axis we are replacing high lvl ancient reapers?...

Also would like to see some testing on blitz reapers

• jamesshun
    jamesshun
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 175
    where is AC reapers? My hall of the fleets (xeno and Axis) made against AC reapers
    What is the different?
  • Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 464
    So what is Harmonic Warfare and why would I want it?

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,451
    jamesshun said:
    where is AC reapers? My hall of the fleets (xeno and Axis) made against AC reapers
    What is the different?
    Old reapers are going away for good and ancient reapers are being phased out for Elite Blitz reapers starting now. This was the plan all along as can be seen in the timeline here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/701004. The same will happen with Ancient outposts next month with the release of elite ancient outposts and it has already happened to harvesters as when they are back it will be the ancient variant.

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    OnionD said:

Why are we already replacing high lvl ancient reapers? Regular reapers were here for the entire xeno season but half way through axis we are replacing high lvl ancient reapers?...

Also would like to see some testing on blitz reapers

Classic Alien Targets started to get reinforced at about the same halfway point of the Xeno season. Targets became more entirely Alien damage based and the number of ships in the encounter slightly increased.

In this season, for that same reinforcement, we opted to go with more of a behavior and mechanics change so that it's less reinforcing the new damage type and more of players needing to adapt to new combat strategies.
  • Stud 186
    Stud 186
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 41
    could we move some guardian boxes to the reapers? why are they on the outposts?
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 109

I endured and endured, but now 50 targets are ancient. Now, i'm sure T5 players cannot achieve xeno/AXIS hullsband tech in normal way. So I made this public now.

Requirement is FB 6, and ranc. It was recorded against AR70, so AR65 will give lower point payout.(5000+- I guess)

Gave fun.

• OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance

@prototype L said:
    I endured and endured, but now 50 targets are ancient. Now, i'm sure T5 players cannot achieve xeno/AXIS hullsband tech in normal way. So I made this public now.

Requirement is FB 6, and ranc. It was recorded against AR70, so AR65 will give lower point payout.(5000+- I guess)

Gave fun.

And now that you posted that they will buff the reapers and won't be able to do it anymore. Nice job re tard

• prototype L
    prototype L
    Minor Nuisance

@OnionD said:

@prototype L said:

Gave fun.

And now that you posted that they will buff the reapers and won't be able to do it anymore. Nice job re tard

And also please be polite on forum, or somewhere else. I'm fine with it, but someone not me could be angry.

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager

@OnionD said:

@prototype L said:

Gave fun.

Actually I think this is kinda 'broken'. T1 player should not have access on latest T6.5 tech. FB6 have AXIS tech in hand? This is nonsense, even though he cannot build it.

But Also, if T5 players who grow as intended cannot achieve T6.5, it's also broken. This video is for them, to survive on 'broken' event.

You'd have to do ~277 attacks to earn an AXIS hull through that method, and that's not mentioning any of the tech - which is locked to AXIS anyway. It's why we never bothered to correct the strategy, that's just too tedious a method for a majority of players to bother with. If someone wants to put in the seat time for it then so be it. They can unlock a few hulls and tech they can't use yet. Anyway, the Blitz Reapers are on you too fast for that strategy to stay very relevant if it was widely used.
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    So what is Harmonic Warfare and why would I want it?

Pure DPS increase. 

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Jim Bo said:
    Twinfire beam is same mass as heavy rupture 2, same range and 30% less DPS.

in other words, it's crap.

Improve it please, or boost Rhea out the nearest airlock for incompetence. Thanks
    It retargets faster and is a more regular fire rate, so when things move in and out of your range regularly (as reapers can tend to do) or when you have to fire on multiple targets quickly (Reapers), you're not as impacted by re-charge.

In general, it's strong enough to put the hurt on them still and in general means you're taking less repair than using Rupture Beam.
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,116
    But it's got a higher DPS than the level 1 and two Rupture.  Heavy Rupture is an RI that you have to grind for in Deci.   There will be an RI Heavy Twinfire coming out in the Deci.   Heavy and Xeno are now only to be judge on their Heavy and Xeno counterparts.  The Weapons power is no longer a direct progression but helps to separate Normal Players from Elites who might be spending more.  

It's plain as day and easy to understand. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Minor Nuisance

@CM Chris said:
    prototype L said:

@OnionD said:

@prototype L said:

Gave fun.

Actually I think this is kinda 'broken'. T1 player should not have access on latest T6.5 tech. FB6 have AXIS tech in hand? This is nonsense, even though he cannot build it.

But Also, if T5 players who grow as intended cannot achieve T6.5, it's also broken. This video is for them, to survive on 'broken' event.

You'd have to do ~277 attacks to earn an AXIS hull through that method, and that's not mentioning any of the tech - which is locked to AXIS anyway. It's why we never bothered to correct the strategy, that's just too tedious a method for a majority of players to bother with. If someone wants to put in the seat time for it then so be it. They can unlock a few hulls and tech they can't use yet. Anyway, the Blitz Reapers are on you too fast for that strategy to stay very relevant if it was widely used.

Before saying something, I partially agree about your opinion. It's too long and boring to do this stretegy, and majority of player including me won't do this. But we did it once, farming cargo fleet hundreds and thousands of times for blueprint. I am not sure players will not use this strategy.

What I disagree about is, I think T5 players cannot achieve xeno/AXIS tech in four days of event. They don't have alien damage resistance, and reapers and barrage hives do Alien damage, which has quite strong shield bypass. hitting those targets give T5 players huge damage, which means repair time. Also, because they give too few points . please remember player need 250 hit of barrage hive 45 to get xeno hulls, without any tech. Seems similar number you shows. And also hunting aliens with T5 tech probably give players repair time, and this strategy do not cause repair time cause it uses insta ranc.

I want to say this. Please be more generous to T5 players to make kixeye's intended way to grow come true. Without exploit like this, I think T5 players are almost impossible to get xeno/AXIS tech at this moment. Obstacles are so high and they cannot climb it! It's OK for xeno tech only event for easier Difficulty, or giving more point to ordinary Alien fleets, making T5 players and pre T6 players have more clear way to achieve latest tech.

• OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance

There is literally no open way to progress into t6 without coins. You cannot do ancient reapers with t5 tech you cannot do ancient hives with t5 tech and you can do outposts with t5 tech but you need a suppressor or those stupid drones will kill you.

• prototype L
    prototype L
    Minor Nuisance

@OnionD said:
    There is literally no open way to progress into t6 without coins. You cannot do ancient reapers with t5 tech you cannot do ancient hives with t5 tech and you can do outposts with t5 tech but you need a suppressor or those stupid drones will kill you.

This is what majority of players thinking right now. And it is true. Please consider T5/T6 ascending Difficulty again.

• Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 693
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 1:17AM
    CM Chris said:
    Jim Bo said:

Just look at ranges: thermal 3000m, impulse 3400m, archer 3600m, rupture and twinfire 2750m. It's the great leap backwards. Even thermal beam has better range.

Improve it please, or boost Rhea out the nearest airlock for incompetence. Thanks
    It retargets faster and is a more regular fire rate, so when things move in and out of your range regularly (as reapers can tend to do) or when you have to fire on multiple targets quickly (Reapers), you're not as impacted by re-charge.

In general, it's strong enough to put the hurt on them still and in general means you're taking less repair than using Rupture Beam.
    Really?? You're trying to convince me that it won't be crap, it'll be merely mediocre? Please.

It needs at least the range of thermal beam, otherwise there's no point... 
  • OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance

@prototype L said:

@OnionD said:

This is what majority of players thinking right now. And it is true. Please consider T5/T6 ascending Difficulty again.

Right now the only way to go into t6 is by spending hundreds of dollars on the featured market. Literally. I honestly feel bad for low lvl players I know some people who have been stuck with t5 tech for months now

• ipevac
    ipevac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 193
    It's disappointing to see vindicator materials on 3 different target types (reapers hive and co-op bases), but guardian is only on bases which have been over tuned in difficulty.  Also equally disappointing to see ancient reaper become blitz reapers without any change to their point value.
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Jim Bo said:
    CM Chris said:
    Jim Bo said:

Just look at ranges: thermal 3000m, impulse 3400m, archer 3600m, rupture and twinfire 2750m. It's the great leap backwards. Even thermal beam has better range.

Really?? You're trying to convince me that it won't be crap, it'll be merely mediocre? Please.

It needs at least the range of thermal beam, otherwise there's no point... 
    I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm simply informing you of the new tech's behavior. Entirely up to you if you want to use it or not.
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Event store isn't up in game. Didn't you say that's the exception, appearing 48 hours before it begins? 

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    OnionD said:

@OnionD said:

We're working on a silo event for Xeno content in the vein of Planet Strike or Sector Strike but for now we've been running that tech for 9 months out of the year. It's not like we didn't make them available, and it's okay for things to disappear for a little while. 
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,686
    CM Chris said:
    Jim Bo said:

It retargets faster?  So if a reaper died mid firing cycle and another reaper was in range, would the weapon restart the firing cycle or continue?  If it just restarts the firing cycle then it sounds to me like it just has a faster charge up than rupture beam, which wouldn't compensate for the lower dps and firing range.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece