TwinfireBeam

Schwarzie2k
Schwarzie2k
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2016 Posts: 149
Congratulations Kixeye.

After soooo many people use the Rupturebeam on their Annihilators (actually i never(!) encountered even one because of its overwhelming range and the sheer fact that beams on Battleships suck you make theexact same mistake again.

Another Battleshipweapon that wont ever be used on a battleshipbecause it is completely unusuable for this shiptype. Its an ice Kutter or Cruiserweapon, but not for Battleships.

Whatwas the design idea behind such a short ranged weapon? Did you forget that Battleships actually get a rangebonus and are used by virtually everyone as a sniping/kiting platform?
  • OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 248

It's not good in PvP and axis isn't meant for PvP so stop crying

• OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 248

If you really want to use it in PvP which it's not meant for use shatter drivers like everyone else. But this is going to be very effective at blitz reaperz

• Arkheias
    Arkheias
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 71
    edited 10 Oct 2017, 8:15PM

The xeno twinfire beam does less damage than the xeno rupture beam, has less range than the xeno rupture beam, and it weighs more than the xeno rupture beam. Kixeye is just straight up mocking everyone who missed out on the xeno rupture beam.

Also, I really like how the video was edited to hide the charge time of the twinfire beams. That was a nice touch.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,116
    Energy weapons always have short range.  That's the draw back of never missing.   You have to rely on specials and ship range bonuses to make them effective.   
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 1,010
    Energy weapons always have short range.  That's the draw back of never missing.   You have to rely on specials and ship range bonuses to make them effective.   
    Well, still is based on Land Warfare Concepts and that you can't get close to your targets at the sametime. 

Thanks,

MVK
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 765
    Jim Bo said:
    The only energy weapon with a shorter range than twinfire or rupture is the burst ray. So there goes that line of reasoning.

Every other beam weapon has longer range: Thermal, Impulse, Archer...

The alien beam weapons have many times longer range, but we're stuck with this crap
    Mentioning alien weapons is not a valid argument.
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 695
    zparadis said:
    Jim Bo said:
    The only energy weapon with a shorter range than twinfire or rupture is the burst ray. So there goes that line of reasoning.

The alien beam weapons have many times longer range, but we're stuck with this crap
    they are supposedly designed "using alien technology", so mentioning it is entirely valid.
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 765
    Jim Bo said:
    zparadis said:
    Jim Bo said:

they are supposedly designed "using alien technology", so mentioning it is entirely valid.
    But it isn't. they have the specials built in, so of course they have more range.

you might as well just say scatter missile has more range. adds about the same to the conversation.
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Jim Bo said:

Base energy weapons range is from max ranges 2500m - 3500m without the aid of specials.  No matter how you look at it that's SHORT RANGE

XENO Weapons DO NOT COUNT. Because they ARE NOT ENERGY WEAPONS.  They apply  ALIEN DAMAGE..

Do you actually play this game... Cause you don't know **** about your gear. 
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    M.V.K.0 said:
    Well, still is based on Land Warfare Concepts and that you can't get close to your targets at the sametime. 

Thanks,

MVK
    Sir could you please learn to communicate on a mostly English Speaking board with better, well thought out, and actually coherant and cogent sentences?  

BTW we aren't using land warfare concepts in this game.  It's basically ship battles in space.  So these are more like a Naval engagement. 
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    M.V.K.0 said:

Thanks,

MVK
    Sir could you please learn to communicate on a mostly English Speaking board with better, well thought out, and actually coherant and cogent sentences?  

BTW we aren't using land warfare concepts in this game.  It's basically ship battles in space.  So these are more like a Naval engagement. 
    Yes, and of Navel engagement, let me know when up versus down still makes a difference given land in best none for not being straight across. 

Once you can get back to me on that, I might be able to communicate better. 

Thanks,

MVK
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    one word.....  Submarines.    

While we are playing on a single x/y access do to the limitations of the game...  We're basically playing Battle Pirates which still happens in water.  Which would be Naval Engagments as you don't have to worry about shooting OVER objects to hit your target.  

Basically since you can shoot directly at your targets without worrying about elevation, windspeed, and land formations in the way... This game has nothing to do with LAND BASED WARFARE.....  

• Br0k3nL1m1ts
    Br0k3nL1m1ts
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 21
    Yes, the twinfire beam is too short ranged. I like how everyone saying it should be is conveniently ignoring the fact that all the other beam weapons are much longer, excluding the rupture. There isn't really a reason for the twinfire to be so close-range, it's not like it's insanely op otherwise.
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    your longest ranged energy weapons in the game are the echo and the archer, only one of them is a beam weapon and 3500 is the max range on an energy beam.  
    The twinfire falls at 2750 which is smack in the middle of the range.  

I get that you all think every weapon should have super great range, but that's not realistic and that kills the Strategy part of the game.  

It's up to you to slap the best gear on your ships and work it. 
  • Schwarzie2k
    Schwarzie2k
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 149
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 5:40AM
    were not talking about super great range but at least usable range. All the other used energy weapons have more range. Nova has 3200, Aurora 3250, Gatling 3250, Infernal Gatling 3150, Impulse 3400, Echo 3500. These all are weapons which are/were widely used on battleships.

Noone in their right mind would install a weapon with a short range of 2750 on their battleships because thats an instantaneous loss in any engagement.

There is a reason why basically noone besides pure farmbots ever used Rupture Beam in a Annihilator.
  • Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 158
    Arkheias said:

The xeno twinfire beam does less damage than the xeno rupture beam, has less range than the xeno rupture beam, and it weighs more than the xeno rupture beam. Kixeye is just straight up mocking everyone who missed out on the xeno rupture beam.

Also, I really like how the video was edited to hide the charge time of the twinfire beams. That was a nice touch.

From what i've seen from video twinfire got less recharge time and a faster damage per tick than the other beams. You can notice that in the second video with one of the top bs. If has even 0.5 seconds less of recharge time it will be enough to Outclass all other beams
  • Br0k3nL1m1ts
    Br0k3nL1m1ts
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 21
    your longest ranged energy weapons in the game are the echo and the archer, only one of them is a beam weapon and 3500 is the max range on an energy beam.  
    The twinfire falls at 2750 which is smack in the middle of the range.  

I get that you all think every weapon should have super great range, but that's not realistic and that kills the Strategy part of the game.  

It's up to you to slap the best gear on your ships and work it. 
    I totally agree that energy weapons should have the lowest ranges of the bunch, but 2750 is unusable in PvP. And while yes, the weapon is designed for PvE, it shouldn't be useless in PvP too, because you can't just switch out weapons on the fly. I'd think something like 2950 would be better, so that it's not an auto-loss if someone attacks you.
  • Night.owl
    Night.owl
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 270
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 7:20AM
    Equipment is dead, humans are alive, we should try to adapt.
    If the short range is a problem, why not use them on cutters or frigates? We use burst rays on those and yet no one complains about the burst ray's even shorter range.

If something doesn't work with battleships, try some other ship, might work with Vindicators, even in pvp.
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 235

@Night.owl said:

Equipment is dead, humans are alive, we should try to adapt.
    If the short range is a problem, why not use them on cutters or frigates? We use burst rays on those and yet no one complains about the burst ray's even shorter range.

If something doesn't work with battleships, try some other ship, might work with Vindicators, even in pvp.

Lol. I agree short range weapons work well on cutters...Frigates even cruisers.... But with thier lumbering maneuvers... And lack of armor and/or shields the current battleships cannot use them.....which takes us back to the original post. KixEye please release a proper battleship weapon when you release battleships?

• M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    one word.....  Submarines.    

While we are playing on a single x/y access do to the limitations of the game...  We're basically playing Battle Pirates which still happens in water.  Which would be Naval Engagments as you don't have to worry about shooting OVER objects to hit your target.  

Basically since you can shoot directly at your targets without worrying about elevation, windspeed, and land formations in the way... This game has nothing to do with LAND BASED WARFARE.....  

Right, because if you was concerned practically for the worth of land based warfare you wouldn't be firing at something just directly to the other side of your or not when that would being happening the most.

I completely understand what you are talking about, but I still say out of it the best you got in VEGA in a Tank versus Tank situation. Not Jeep, Not Bunker(perhaps), Not Troops, Not Planes even, and definitely Not Artillery.

And what I meant the most by Land Based Warfare was the cost loss worth effect of using Energy Weapons. And the "idea" of say tactics and Strategies to support it. 

Even though say basis of old ideas and concepts, say from a scratch principle would still be of a first and initial practice. 
    Why rockets and missiles still tend to be more reasonable to find despite what area of interest you come across. 

Thanks,

MVK 
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 7:39PM
    Jim Bo said:

Base energy weapons range is from max ranges 2500m - 3500m without the aid of specials.  No matter how you look at it that's SHORT RANGE

XENO Weapons DO NOT COUNT. Because they ARE NOT ENERGY WEAPONS.  They apply  ALIEN DAMAGE..

Do you actually play this game... Cause you don't know **** about your gear. 
    **** are you talking about?? I'm comparing like for like.I'm not talking about the Xeno weapons. 

Thermal beam 3000m, impulse beam 3400m, archer beam 3600m, rupture and twinfire, supposedly tier 6 weapons, shorter range than all of them at only 2750m.

Look them up. The only energy weapon with shorter range is burst ray at 2250m. Disruptor (the 2nd researchable weapon in the game) is the same range, 2750m. Arrestor is the same at 2750m. Every other ship energy weapon is longer ranged.

The maximum possible range bonus, from focused optics V, is 1250m. That means a range of  only 4000m. Useful battleship weapon range starts at minimum 4400m, better ones go all the way up to 5200m.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    I wonder what the S in RTS stands for ????????   Cause you all forget that's what we play here is an RTS.

I patently don't like energy weapons on Battleships AT ALL.  I'd rather put Projectiles or Explosives on mine.   With a Stasis weapon to slow my enemy down a bit.  But that's me.  

If you don't like a weapon for its intended pairing, don't use it.  Nobody is sticking a gun to your head man. 
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 11 Oct 2017, 9:01PM
    You're missing the point.

Rupture is a great leap backwards in terms of range, it's shorter range than all the other beam weapons. It's supposed to be Tier 6!

Twinfire has the same range as rupture, and does a lot less damage for the mass. It's a pathetic weapon.

It's being released with the new battleship, implying the weapon goes with the ship, but it doesn't at all.

Your preference of weapon types on battleships is not relevant to the discussion, and is not valid as an argument. It's just your preference.

I can't believe you guys are actually arguing that Twinfire isn't a poor weapon.
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    edited 15 Oct 2017, 5:03PM
    Jim Bo said:
    You're missing the point.

Rupture is a great leap backwards in terms of range, it's shorter range than all the other beam weapons. It's supposed to be Tier 6!

Twinfire has the same range as rupture, and does a lot less damage for the mass. It's a pathetic weapon.

It's being released with the new battleship, implying the weapon goes with the ship, but it doesn't at all.

Your preference of weapon types on battleships is not relevant to the discussion, and is not valid as an argument. It's just your preference.

I can't believe you guys are actually arguing that Twinfire isn't a poor weapon.
    Rapture Beam 1 = 65 Dps
    Rapture Beam 2 = 78 Dps
    Rapture Beam 3 = 90 Dps
    Heavy Rapture Beam 1 = 136 Dps
    Heavy Rapture Beam 2 = 203 Dps

Max Mass for anyone single weapon = 1,693

Twinfire Beam 1 = 115 Dps
    Twinfire Beam 2 = 144 Dps

Max Mass for anyone single wepaon = 1,613

I can kinda understand where you are coming but currently I would say for the same mass as before Heavy Twinfire would/Should be able to gain least 210 dps for it. 

Thanks,

MVK
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,630

Technically twinfire is a good weapon... But true its not meant for battleships do to short range, it is strange its being released alongside the enforcer but from the looks of it it can be utilized well... If its charge time is faster than the rupture its dps can potentially equal or be stronger. Its likely meant for the cutter rather than the battleship. Also there have been times in the past where the items released werent entirely for the ship it came with (burst ray with rapture? Who the **** was gonna do that? That was far better on the gharial back then)

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

• Saladman
    Saladman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 235
    If you actually divide it out.... Rupture 1,2 and 3 are all 11.6,11.6,11.7 ton/dps... Twinfire1,2 is 10.24, 11.2 ton/dps... twinfire wins there. The speed and range are the same...The only advantage Rupture has is that it can be used on Xeno....
  • Arkheias
    Arkheias
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 71
    The Xeno Twinfire Beam IV has 231 DPS, 3123 tons of mass, and a range of 3950m.
    The Xeno Rupture Beam II has 389 DPS, 2445 tons of mass, and a range of 4000m.

The Xeno Twinfire Beam IV weighs over 27% more than the Xeno Rupture Beam II, yet it has less than 60% of the DPS of the Xeno Rupture Beam II.

The energy versions of the Twinfire Beam may be slightly better, but the Xeno version is complete ****.

On the Enforcer Battleship, you would be better off just using Targeting Computers and Xeno Rupture Beams than using Xeno Twinfire Beams.
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    Arkheias said:
    The Xeno Twinfire Beam IV has 231 DPS, 3123 tons of mass, and a range of 3950m.
    The Xeno Rupture Beam II has 389 DPS, 2445 tons of mass, and a range of 4000m.

The Xeno Twinfire Beam IV weighs over 27% more than the Xeno Rupture Beam II, yet it has less than 60% of the DPS of the Xeno Rupture Beam II.

The energy versions of the Twinfire Beam may be slightly better, but the Xeno version is complete ****.

On the Enforcer Battleship, you would be better off just using Targeting Computers and Xeno Rupture Beams than using Xeno Twinfire Beams.
    All New Alien anything is crap to the initial release of everything for them. 

All regards for any is basically still bogus especially since the place of reference for release is essentially non-existent. 

You have to use a max capacity for say of worth of weapon that is crap still anyways and still be stuck getting more damage in the end also. 

And as for Targeting Computer concerns even still for the dps alone would probably still work out otherwise. 

Thanks,

MVK