Official Event Discussion Thread - Caress of Steel

• Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    Got everything I wanted and alot of points,  so from that respect the raid was good.

I can't imagine how much extra time and damage taken over the last 3 days because of the fang not firing problem.  Gluts you can't target,  ships running along walls and ships on land.

For a problem you obviously knew about unless you were totally blind,  to go live with this event, and then leave players hanging for the weekend strikes a new low with a company that already has set the benchmark for lowness.  Only one post,   team is looking into problem seriously?   If they were looking into it would have been fixed before the raid.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,269
    Milo-Ant said:
    Laredo said:
    bowtan said:
    why has kixeye took it upon its self to stop alliance team mates helping each other i can  not help anyone in my alliance due to the larger targets in players own towers and the 80s just seem to blow up when you come out most of the time which makes me not want to help if 50% of what i prep is going to waste could kix please introduce co op targets in the towers so we can help each other after all it is the one thing in the game i still enjoyed  
    Putting the T7 targets had the unexpected result of putting Mercs more or less outa business for target prepping.  Kixeye will more than likely take the targets out of the tower next month.

I personally like them in the tower since it won't reap for 6 hours once activated and can't be poached.

Yes, kix will more than likely change it back but...mostly because of those 2 points you mentioned you liked. since it cant be poached many are doing it instant rep(back in dock) with as few as 3 fangs. so kix are losing the coins. if they put it on map no one will dare to leave it to dock and instant repair or even retreat n instant rep on map. If kix really cared about mercs being put out of business or lil ones falling behind theyd keep it as it is and make it co op.

CO OP would be a very, very bad idea

Please consider what would happen if it became CO OP before asking for it

CO-OP does not work. People seem to have forgotten  a few things. The first one being that often one person would get in, the next person that tried to jump in would be thrown into the middle of the battlefield and die very quickly. The warzone co-op comes to mind. Secondly when targets were geared for Co-OP they were turned up to 11. A good amount of people couldn't touch these targets even if they wanted to. Third, since coop was weighted by how much a player did damage-wise this would not make points easier for players that don't have the tech or driving skills. Finally, I have heard people talk in a positive light about how much fun the scourge co-op was. For those that were not around during that time, don't buy into this hype. At the time I was in an alli of about 60 players. Of the 60, maybe 8 could do the coop. The others had no chance because of the reasons I stated earlier. The raid cycle these folks are talking positively about was the first time the scourge showed up in the game. If you go into the archives, you would see countless people were so **** off by the targets they threw their hands up in the air, and said F it. That was at a time we even lost one of our best mods because of how ridiculous it had become. To sum up, any new or low level player that thinks CO-OP would be beneficial to them is being lied to. They were designed for higher level players, and had many issues. 
    The problem with the old system is when targets are on the map they: 
    1) cause lag
    2) can be stolen
    3) often blow up after having been prepped
    Thats the great thing about the 100s being in the campaign towers. It FIXES those problems.
    Now Co-op for the campaign towers can work if kix doesn't try being greedy. They don't need to tune the damage up to 11 for a co-op target. They don't need to start the 2nd player in the middle of the battle.
    Co-op for the towers could help them make money as people would be more willing to prep ( and coin) when they know the target won't blow up after its prepped ( or be stolen).

• Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    I'd be very, very surprised if Kixeye allowed target prepping or co-op play to continue in future raids.
    I'm not naive enough to believe that exploding targets are a glitch
    this campaign style raid - and the specific mention of the targets not being co-operative - indicates to me that they are pretty intent on continuing to pressure players to build recommended fleets to hit their own elite targets.
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,070

@Cathedral_Rock said:
    I'd be very, very surprised if Kixeye allowed target prepping or co-op play to continue in future raids.
    I'm not naive enough to believe that exploding targets are a glitch
    this campaign style raid - and the specific mention of the targets not being co-operative - indicates to me that they are pretty intent on continuing to pressure players to build recommended fleets to hit their own elite targets.

kixeye is weeding out the lazy players, it's a good thing imo.

It's only game, why you have to be mad?
  • joe.cole.716
    joe.cole.716
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 86
    As far as raids go, I would tell KIX not bad, even pretty good raid. Congrats to those nearing 2 billion in points.

While I will fall no where near the goal I had set of 250 mil points, I might make 80 mil, I found the targets to be decently fair. 

I only had two fangs, 1 skulled and armored, the other around 68% with only 1 C1-CT.  I felt I did fairly good.  I used the build tokens to finish fitting out a third and coined 1 C1-CT for that.  Having 3 did much better.  I got the 4 phantom fang shards I needed and got that going.  21 day build with no armor.  I will finish fitting out my 4th fang after that.  If KIX keeps things the same, I look forward to next months raid and will most likely set a higher goal for myself.

I do have two Hunter shells built, but will most likely not get the tokens or Apex Hunter.  I think that with the phantom fang and full fleet I should be able to do both sets next month.

Again KIX, not a bad job.  The only negative thing would be the targets are time consuming, but again, fairly balanced. (except for that sneaky one in the Hunter campaign that zips down and kicks the **** out of you.  LOL)
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,072
    I agree. It was not a bad raid overall and was actually one of the best first raids in a cycle in a while. 
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,332
    Milo-Ant said:
    Laredo said:
    bowtan said:
    why has kixeye took it upon its self to stop alliance team mates helping each other i can  not help anyone in my alliance due to the larger targets in players own towers and the 80s just seem to blow up when you come out most of the time which makes me not want to help if 50% of what i prep is going to waste could kix please introduce co op targets in the towers so we can help each other after all it is the one thing in the game i still enjoyed  
    Putting the T7 targets had the unexpected result of putting Mercs more or less outa business for target prepping.  Kixeye will more than likely take the targets out of the tower next month.

I personally like them in the tower since it won't reap for 6 hours once activated and can't be poached.

Yes, kix will more than likely change it back but...mostly because of those 2 points you mentioned you liked. since it cant be poached many are doing it instant rep(back in dock) with as few as 3 fangs. so kix are losing the coins. if they put it on map no one will dare to leave it to dock and instant repair or even retreat n instant rep on map. If kix really cared about mercs being put out of business or lil ones falling behind theyd keep it as it is and make it co op.

CO-OP does not work. People seem to have forgotten  a few things. The first one being that often one person would get in, the next person that tried to jump in would be thrown into the middle of the battlefield and die very quickly. The warzone co-op comes to mind. Secondly when targets were geared for Co-OP they were turned up to 11. A good amount of people couldn't touch these targets even if they wanted to. Third, since coop was weighted by how much a player did damage-wise this would not make points easier for players that don't have the tech or driving skills. Finally, I have heard people talk in a positive light about how much fun the scourge co-op was. For those that were not around during that time, don't buy into this hype. At the time I was in an alli of about 60 players. Of the 60, maybe 8 could do the coop. The others had no chance because of the reasons I stated earlier. The raid cycle these folks are talking positively about was the first time the scourge showed up in the game. If you go into the archives, you would see countless people were so **** off by the targets they threw their hands up in the air, and said F it. That was at a time we even lost one of our best mods because of how ridiculous it had become. To sum up, any new or low level player that thinks CO-OP would be beneficial to them is being lied to. They were designed for higher level players, and had many issues. 
    1) cause lag
    2) can be stolen
    Thats the great thing about the 100s being in the campaign towers. It FIXES those problems.
    Now Co-op for the campaign towers can work if kix doesn't try being greedy. They don't need to tune the damage up to 11 for a co-op target. They don't need to start the 2nd player in the middle of the battle.
    Co-op for the towers could help them make money as people would be more willing to prep ( and coin) when they know the target won't blow up after its prepped ( or be stolen).

I agree with your first 3 points Carl, but past history tells me kix wouldn't tune them down and I doubt the lag wouldn't exist.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,363
    SIF said:
    Jontork said:
    I think it's BS that we need 2 raid fleets to maximize points.  Ok it seems that I can get by with one fleet and I hope that doesn't change?  Board to tears hitting only 1 target.  I could hit 80's but payout is less on a time basis.  I was able to put together 4 fangs 95% complete before the raid with phantom in the oven.  Lastly, the charged concussive seems to be crap?  One shot and I lose 1/4 or more of charged but without charged you die fast.
    You don't. If you have good fangs, they can do the Hunter Bay camp no problem. I started the raid by stacking 12 Fang Depths camps to get what I absolutely wanted. It was sort of costly (on my scale of coining) at 20 or so coins to get those done first day of raid. After that I gave the Hunter target a try. Well, it was even easier for my fleet. Unless I screwed up or my hardware lagged enough for me to get in range, the camp is instant rep here. So I hit 30 of those consecutively, repairing as I felt like it/drove poorly. I'm just now cleaning up those stacked sets. Just did 7 Depths camps for a 3hr22min total repair bill. That's going and I'm headed to bed. Zero coin for my last, what, 55 mil or so points? I'll do the rest of the raid just fine without coining any more repairs. I'm still planning to finish the Hunters that I've started with tokens to get on the water for ranking after my Fangs are completely built, but I certainly didn't need them this raid to maximize my points. Perhaps the Phantom is making enough difference to allow that? I'm not sure.

The Hunter camp's weapons are much more painful for Fangs if you get too close. One torp and 1/2 a sub gone (only 1 of each charged plate on mine). But they have much less health, so they die very quickly compared to the subs in the Fang camp. Unless you just don't plan it out or are way too cautious, they don't get a chance to pin you in a corner like the ships in the Fang camp. That's why it's easier for me, and you might see similar results if you give it a try.

For a first raid of a cycle, Kix did well on the targets. Both top tier targets can be done quite reasonably with the top hull: Fangtooth. And the extra target is quite doable with the secondary hull, Hunter MK-1, giving it something to attack for large amounts of points rather quickly at a decent repair cost, allowing anyone who couldn't afford 100 mil last raid a way to do this one if they were able to get through half of the Hunter Games TLC using year old Apollos. I'm almost certain that's what Kix intended and they succeeded.
    U can't reach several of the Gluts in the Hunter camps with Torps, seeing as they're tucked away between walls and radioation fields.
    Only surface weapons can reach them.
    *edit* given enough explosive charged armours appearantly u CAN survive the fields long enough to reach them, so I'll concede to that point*
    You need 1 C1-X if you have enough Fangs, to kill the Gluts quickly enough. 4 Fangs (3 reg + flag), skulled, and always running a 1 star Silent Hunter crew, you cut through the narrow section of glowing water twice to avoid the mortars. Then the "damage" you take parked in the glowing water for 2 seconds or so to kill the Gluts almost exactly uses up the charge of 1 piece of C1-X. With 2 pieces you can be quite lazy about getting out of the algae scum after killing off Gluts. I'm pretty sure 2 or 3 Fangs could do it with 2 armors apiece. If you don't get hit by any morts, torps, or depth charges, you're looking at 4-7min damage to fleet which is evenly spread so you can split your fleet and instant repair in dock.

• SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Before the usual trolls jump on this as whining I got 250 mill no coins in 2 days...My concern is that I refitted my skulled tides with a harlock flag using new special and gun issued for the hunter and added one panel of each recommended charged armour. Logically to be able to do that and have everything to complete the refit I would need to be a fairly high and accomplished player. In my opinion they should be a skill hull able to do at least b sets with reasonable damage....they dont. 2 fangs with one panel of each charged armour, best result a fang camp 28 mins repair.It seems that we are now at a stage where without a particular hull you cannot progress as each raid brings out whats required in the next one. We dont need to argue about this simply put up a poll and see what percentage of players still can do the elite targets. I am watching a huge difficulty curve in raids progress over the last year to the extent that now high level players cannot touch e ven b targets which give so few points that even if the can they wont get anything to really help them progress. My sector is highly populated and I see about 10 players in the raid. It really needs a rethink and targets that everyone can play on. Not moaning I do this easy but I am not the game the 90% plus who cannot are.
    i question your definition of "high level players" if you're talking about someone who isn't completing S sets for instant repair.

everyone can handle these targets with the tech that has been made available. whether they pull it off or not is on the individual.
    What fleet other than fangs or hunters is capable of doing a sets for a reasonable repair bill?

Hunters could be acquired with Apollos and possibly even Rhinos. The TLCs for the secondary hull are the stepping stones now. So requiring Hunters at a minimum to reasonably do this cycle isn't a big deal.

I think I read someone recommend something like this recently... people that found they couldn't do this raid should be building Hunters.

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 1,763
    Milo-Ant said:
    Laredo said:
    bowtan said:

1) cause lag
    2) can be stolen

& strangely someone flagged this comment too, even though it has some validity.
    A pirate who hates stupid, lazy pirates who don't work for their tech, nor attempt to improve themselves by application of effort.
    Hulls won: A lot, including many I won't even bother to build. Hulls not won: More than I care to name, & plenty I don't want.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    edited 16 Oct 2017, 5:53AM
    SIF said:
    SIF said:
    Jontork said:
    I think it's BS that we need 2 raid fleets to maximize points.  Ok it seems that I can get by with one fleet and I hope that doesn't change?  Board to tears hitting only 1 target.  I could hit 80's but payout is less on a time basis.  I was able to put together 4 fangs 95% complete before the raid with phantom in the oven.  Lastly, the charged concussive seems to be crap?  One shot and I lose 1/4 or more of charged but without charged you die fast.
    You don't. If you have good fangs, they can do the Hunter Bay camp no problem. I started the raid by stacking 12 Fang Depths camps to get what I absolutely wanted. It was sort of costly (on my scale of coining) at 20 or so coins to get those done first day of raid. After that I gave the Hunter target a try. Well, it was even easier for my fleet. Unless I screwed up or my hardware lagged enough for me to get in range, the camp is instant rep here. So I hit 30 of those consecutively, repairing as I felt like it/drove poorly. I'm just now cleaning up those stacked sets. Just did 7 Depths camps for a 3hr22min total repair bill. That's going and I'm headed to bed. Zero coin for my last, what, 55 mil or so points? I'll do the rest of the raid just fine without coining any more repairs. I'm still planning to finish the Hunters that I've started with tokens to get on the water for ranking after my Fangs are completely built, but I certainly didn't need them this raid to maximize my points. Perhaps the Phantom is making enough difference to allow that? I'm not sure.

The Hunter camp's weapons are much more painful for Fangs if you get too close. One torp and 1/2 a sub gone (only 1 of each charged plate on mine). But they have much less health, so they die very quickly compared to the subs in the Fang camp. Unless you just don't plan it out or are way too cautious, they don't get a chance to pin you in a corner like the ships in the Fang camp. That's why it's easier for me, and you might see similar results if you give it a try.

For a first raid of a cycle, Kix did well on the targets. Both top tier targets can be done quite reasonably with the top hull: Fangtooth. And the extra target is quite doable with the secondary hull, Hunter MK-1, giving it something to attack for large amounts of points rather quickly at a decent repair cost, allowing anyone who couldn't afford 100 mil last raid a way to do this one if they were able to get through half of the Hunter Games TLC using year old Apollos. I'm almost certain that's what Kix intended and they succeeded.
    U can't reach several of the Gluts in the Hunter camps with Torps, seeing as they're tucked away between walls and radioation fields.
    *edit* given enough explosive charged armours appearantly u CAN survive the fields long enough to reach them, so I'll concede to that point*
    You need 1 C1-X if you have enough Fangs, to kill the Gluts quickly enough. 4 Fangs (3 reg + flag), skulled, and always running a 1 star Silent Hunter crew, you cut through the narrow section of glowing water twice to avoid the mortars. Then the "damage" you take parked in the glowing water for 2 seconds or so to kill the Gluts almost exactly uses up the charge of 1 piece of C1-X. With 2 pieces you can be quite lazy about getting out of the algae scum after killing off Gluts. I'm pretty sure 2 or 3 Fangs could do it with 2 armors apiece. If you don't get hit by any morts, torps, or depth charges, you're looking at 4-7min damage to fleet which is evenly spread so you can split your fleet and instant repair in dock.
    evidently, 4 fangs without armor and 50-60% rank will do the job for in-dock instant

eta: occurs to me, that was misleading as hell by omission: you do need the armor to do it all in one shot. without armor means picking it apart a bit, but it's not as bad as it sounds.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 1,763
    as for the rest of us that didnt have fangs, or only manage to get a hunter or two built, this raid totally sucked, it was pretty apparently that they didnt design this to benefit the smaller players at all.  an what the heck is having one 40 target, i mean seriously were you thinking that people would get so bored with doing the same target over an over again that they would hit 60's an take massive damage just to do something different. i'm in a sector where there are probably 60 people doing raid, half stopped already an the others are complaining that its not over year, an these people have 300 mill points, boredom isnt going to sell this game, it might to the coiners, but the free players, not gonna work
    I left the game 9 months ago. I had 2 very old HWs & 2, again, very old Tideseekers. I hit LOTS of 45s with both fleets, instant rep on the HWs & 7m on the Tides, so I was running them into the ground before logging out to rep & take a break. Doing this, I made 10 million points. I got some help here & there as it was available. So my raid, whilst I haven't got "everything" that I'd LIKE to get, hasn't been so bad. & I've still got time, & I've been pointed to a way to make decent points for free for about 7 minutes work.
    What I'm saying is that you don't need the top tech to compete, but it does help. I had some serious concerns at the start of the raid. Now, I'm a little more relaxed on it, & hopefully the next will work out the same for me (to date, I've made about 32 million points, which is, I think, very acceptable considering I've been gone for ages) Should I get 40-50 million in the next raid, I'll be quite happy tbvh.
    Yes, some have LOTS of points & are probably raided out & probably just want to kick back & relax. If you have friends in the same world as yourself, & they can prep, why not ask them to sail over & help you out in the last hours of this event?
    A pirate who hates stupid, lazy pirates who don't work for their tech, nor attempt to improve themselves by application of effort.
    Hulls won: A lot, including many I won't even bother to build. Hulls not won: More than I care to name, & plenty I don't want.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    edited 16 Oct 2017, 8:08AM
    SIF said:
    SIF said:
    Jontork said:

evidently, 4 fangs without armor and 50-60% rank will do the job for in-dock instant

eta: occurs to me, that was misleading as **** by omission: you do need the armor to do it all in one shot. without armor means picking it apart a bit, but it's not as bad as it sounds.
    if you're careful you need to dock twice if you dont have charged x to keep it instant. at least that's what i need to do with no x on my fangs.
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    Small request related to hunter bay only: If you use this target again, please make ALL the walls start in the surfaced position. They can't be reached before they surface, so it adds nothing to the gameplay, and just generates lag at the exact time when you're engaging the first ships unless you wait for the walls to come up, so it's just annoying.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Cpt_Clueless
    Cpt_Clueless
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 213
    Just my personal opinion, the raid was easy if you had the right tech and the right build(didnt even require full fleet). The balance seemed right for the amount of damage taken in t7. Just irritated that they never fixed the issue with walls and best they could do was "we are aware of the situation". It would be fixed asap if it was affecting them. we remember a raid about year or so ago where enemy ships could not fire at you if you hugged the edge of the screen n that was fixed(as it shouldve been)..so no i dont think the argument of "complicated coding" is viable either its just the lack of intent.
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Small request related to hunter bay only: If you use this target again, please make ALL the walls start in the surfaced position. They can't be reached before they surface, so it adds nothing to the gameplay, and just generates lag at the exact time when you're engaging the first ships unless you wait for the walls to come up, so it's just annoying.
    Second this. Rising platforms are horrible. The only place I find them acceptable is as a checkpoint setup where you're not allowed to go back behind a certain point in a target once all your ships have crossed a preset point of progress, and even those shouldn't pop up last second like they would in the previous Siege event. If it's just to make it look interesting, it's just to make things slow, lag, and cause damage.

• SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    SIF said:
    SIF said:
    Jontork said:

eta: occurs to me, that was misleading as **** by omission: you do need the armor to do it all in one shot. without armor means picking it apart a bit, but it's not as bad as it sounds.
    I'm talking 1 hit, instant rep in the dock, and 5 min driving for 4 million points, using an easy to roll crew (not sure if that's even necessary). If you can still instant in dock in multiple hits without armor, that's good too, or at least good to know. In any case, the target was quite doable with Fangs.

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    SIF said:
    SIF said:
    SIF said:
    Jontork said:

I'm talking 1 hit, instant rep in the dock, and 5 min driving for 4 million points, using an easy to roll crew (not sure if that's even necessary). If you can still instant in dock in multiple hits without armor, that's good too, or at least good to know. In any case, the target was quite doable with Fangs.
    yeah, that occurred to me later, hence the edit.

and yeah, your last bit is really the bottom line: installing an x armor will save you a fair bit of time over the course of a raid, but it isn't necessary to pull it off at all. also, i wasn't using crews (and kinda doubt it'd make a noticeable difference, but i'm guessing there).
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • BlackPoops98
    BlackPoops98
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 863
    Ok so I hate this raid but I am getting used to hating the first raid in a 3 month cycle.

I hate that the elite targets now DO require two fleets. Last raid was conducted under the old mantra of "get the Premium skill hull and do well or get the Auto hull and do ok" which turned out to be a lie when they tuned the targets to favor the auto hull during the tech store and then tuned the TLC for new tech (the Hunter) to favor the Phoenix again. At least this raid they are up front that both fleets are required (although it was a surprise in the raid briefing) but I still hate it. Expecting players to build TWO PvE fleets for every 3 month raid cycle is stupid. I hate it. 
    I am just going to reply to myself for a post raid summation. I am finished with the raid and I still hate it. Doing a couple tier 5 sets to get a couple 1 day tokens to finished my 3rd Fangtooth enabled me to play with my 3 Fang fleet fully armored and mostly ranked behind a gorram sea wolf flag (because that is all the game would allow me to use in the tier 7 campaigns). By the end of the raid I managed 108 million doing Fangtooth depths 24 times. After some practice I got it down to 3 runs of Fangtooth depths on a single 1 star silent hunter crew (50 minutes) before I had to go in for 2-3 hours of repairs. I retreated from the target to re-charge my armor three times on every run through because I just don't have the hand eye coordination to kite effectively and reliably. Some runs I took almost no damage but some runs I get would get myself corners against the edge of the battle map and take so much damage I could only do two capmaigns before docking for repairs. 

With my 108 million points I got the Phantom Fang (only needed 7 shards), Apex Hunter, enough charged armors to equip the Phantom Fang and the Hunter fleet with a single C1-X and C1-CT each, a second Courage (got one in Bounty S1), and one more 1d ship build token plus 10 1h ship build tokens. Basically I got just enough to be able to finish the Fangooth fleet (without rank on the Phantom) for next raid and finish the Hunter fleet (without rank on the Apex Hunter) in time for the next Tech Store in December. I kind of feel like I did no accomplish much since all i got was the required fleets to do the raid and won't have them ready until the last raid in the cycle. Requiring two fleets is stupid. I still hate it. I will probably skip November raid while the Hunters are still in shipyard. 
    BlackPoops98
    <-- Firing massive chunks of black poo since '98 -->

• judgehunts
    judgehunts
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 19
    “I’m not crazy about reality, but it’s still the only place to get a decent meal.” 
    ― Ernest Cline, "Ready Player One"

Event Briefing: here (<--- Click Link)

Discuss Below
    Loved that book. 

I'm kind of curious why not just make the 45 {Tier Four Target} be 60,000 Points? 

The "Set" is just the one Target. You get 40,000 Points for the Target, plus 20,000 Points for "Completing" the "Set"........

Scott

SORRY SCOTT I DID 45'S IN THIS RAID AND ONLY GOT 20,000 POINTS FOR COMPLETING AND ONLY 16,000 FOR THE TARGET YOU DO NOT GET 40,000 FOR TARGET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • glenn.sardone
    glenn.sardone
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 53
    BLITZ ON THE 89s is not working and Cant repair fleet on the map?   WHATS UP????????

• Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,082
    as for the rest of us that didnt have fangs, or only manage to get a hunter or two built, this raid totally sucked, it was pretty apparently that they didnt design this to benefit the smaller players at all.  an what the heck is having one 40 target, i mean seriously were you thinking that people would get so bored with doing the same target over an over again that they would hit 60's an take massive damage just to do something different. i'm in a sector where there are probably 60 people doing raid, half stopped already an the others are complaining that its not over year, an these people have 300 mill points, boredom isnt going to sell this game, it might to the coiners, but the free players, not gonna work
    I agree re the 45....although I did see some players hitting the 85's with apollos and taking out the glut for about 50k.....they did say it took most of the 15mins though, but if you could get a few running at the same time....
  • Dale Christenson49
    Dale Christenson49
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 40
    OOOOO  Here we go again  KIXCHIT leaving targets for the coiners to do after raid ends..what about us low level u took all the 45`s outy...Now we see how KIXCHIT takes care of all their CUSTOMERS.. Have u figured out why most of us don`t spend the $50.00  Now you are in the KNOW
  • Dale Christenson49
    Dale Christenson49
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 40
    OOOO  so i don`t agree with u so u take close to a million away from me. Real dam cool.  cheap BASTARDS.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    OOOOO  Here we go again  KIXCHIT leaving targets for the coiners to do after raid ends..what about us low level u took all the 45`s outy...Now we see how KIXCHIT takes care of all their CUSTOMERS.. Have u figured out why most of us don`t spend the $50.00  Now you are in the KNOW
    you're not a low-level player
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Isa Meral
    Isa Meral
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 347
    in generally it was a good raid. there were a few glitches like when target in front of a wall both ships can not launch torpedos but if you close enought scourges can launch rockets. and when retreat to recharge armors, sometimes targets were blown up on the map. this was fixed a few raid ago but still happening.
    as a core2duo notebook user i love very low cpu and memory usage :) no flash player crashes, it was the best raid ever about these issues
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    Raid feed back
    Pros
    1. Targets were reasonable repair for points pay out. 

Cons
    1. No way to prep 100's  Raid I typically add $500.00 worth of gold  (My own money not for hire merc junk)  Most of which I use prepping for others.  Sorry not grinding a million 80's to prep. This raid I had 200 gold left over from last week I just used that up and added 0. Major hit on money I normally spend.

2. Prizes there was nothing this raid was last raid + bounty + TLC all over yet again. No reason to add any $$. I used my 200 coins was already loaded got my 50 mill for the tokens.  wound up with 168,350,267  of which  112 mill was prepping to give top prizes to non spenders for free just because you tried to stop the preps I made it point to feed couple people top prizes for free. 

3 Targets were way too time consuming. Making them very boring as even hitting top targets was a massive grind. When you have the top fleet you are not interested in a "grind" that is no fun at all. 

4. Locking out Tides from A sets was a garbage move and cost you lot of money players that would have done them with tides. 

All in all you are down $500 from me, that I would  spend on ea raid + the $300 + I would spend after the raid building. All due to no prizes on the list full recycle of prior 3 events + no prepping 100's. 

BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Cpt_Clueless
    Cpt_Clueless
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 213
    Isa Meral said:
    in generally it was a good raid. there were a few glitches like when target in front of a wall both ships can not launch torpedos but if you close enought scourges can launch rockets. and when retreat to recharge armors, sometimes targets were blown up on the map. this was fixed a few raid ago but still happening.
    as a core2duo notebook user i love very low cpu and memory usage :) no flash player crashes, it was the best raid ever about these issues
    Yes got to agree on the(lack of) flash crash. had none in 4 days(on a basic laptop too)
  • dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 681
    I thought the raid was OK, tends to put out a fair bit O damage in typical Scurge fashion.  Didn't coin and got about 10 million points with the Tides.  Good practice for the raid store in 2 months.  
This discussion has been closed.