Official Event Discussion Thread - Caress of Steel

CM Major_Rampage
CM Major_Rampage
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 326
“I’m not crazy about reality, but it’s still the only place to get a decent meal.” 
― Ernest Cline, "Ready Player One"

Event Briefing: here (<--- Click Link)

Discuss Below
If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
Not sure about the rules
I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
Twitter:  @Major_Rampage
Facebook:  Major Rampage
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,434
    ...Did...did the update actually deploy?
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 819
    Why is this so early this time? I can't whine about where is the event brief. Other than that the prize list looks awesome.
  • CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    The deploy is tomorrow.
    Not sure about the rules
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Incursion Leader
    The deploy is tomorrow.
    Cool. Thanks!
  • ali.parr
    ali.parr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 326
    Will the targets in the campaign menu be time limited?

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 640
    “I’m not crazy about reality, but it’s still the only place to get a decent meal.” 
    ― Ernest Cline, "Ready Player One"

Event Briefing: here (<--- Click Link)

Discuss Below
    Loved that book. 

I'm kind of curious why not just make the 45 {Tier Four Target} be 60,000 Points? 

The "Set" is just the one Target. You get 40,000 Points for the Target, plus 20,000 Points for "Completing" the "Set"........

Scott

• Flashtasm
    Flashtasm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 311

So I guess that the criticism levelled at you from the heads-up thread was all moot now that you've doubled the set bonus. At least we don't need to redeem 30M points for the locked store this time

I am ineligible for ticket support. Such is the life of the peasant.
  • Davo the Twisted
    Davo the Twisted
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 300
    Q1: The 5 redeems on the new turrets... Is the capacity increased for those of us who already have 5?

Q2: I got screwed on Hunter tokens due to RNG... Will I be able to take my Fangs into the Hunter target and at least try for the set bonus? 
  • cranesong
    cranesong
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 59
    Please give a list of what we can lead our Fangtooth fleet with if we don't have a phantom submarine.

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14,031
    Q1: The 5 redeems on the new turrets... Is the capacity increased for those of us who already have 5?

Q2: I got screwed on Hunter tokens due to RNG... Will I be able to take my Fangs into the Hunter target and at least try for the set bonus? 
    A1: Highly unlikely as 5 has been the norm for limited turrets.

A2: Yes you can, both T7 targets are Scourge subs.  One target is tuned to deal with subs, the other surface ships but both can by hit by Tier 6 hulls.
  • Dis_turbed
    Dis_turbed
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 300
    If we already have torpedo tubes AND pbx will the locked store be open from the start?

If not how do we open it 
  • Davo the Twisted
    Davo the Twisted
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 300
    edited 10 Oct 2017, 6:52PM
    If we already have torpedo tubes AND pbx will the locked store be open from the start?

If not how do we open it 
    Yes. It is stated in the briefing, fine print and all. I have everything on left and right, so I read it a few times for that purpose.

ETA:
    "You will need to redeem either Torpedo Tubes or the PBX Payloard to open the Locked Store. If you already own both Torpedo Tubes and the PBX Payload you will have access to the Locked Store already."
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Strike-force Captain
    Ruube1 said:
    • Tier 7

• Limited to Tier 6 Hulls

• Very difficult targets with high payout of points

• Specific Fangtooth and Hunter Mk.1 Targets will be available in the Campaign Menu

• So.... What does the "Limited to Tier 6 hulls" mean? Is Kix so afraid getting humiliated that they are not allowing us to use older hulls for the High End targets?!? 
    Kind of feels that way. So much for trying Skulled up Tides with some Gales to see how they do in the S Sets.....

Scott

• Ruube1
    Ruube1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,180
    Ruube1 said:
    • Tier 7

• Specific Fangtooth and Hunter Mk.1 Targets will be available in the Campaign Menu

• So.... What does the "Limited to Tier 6 hulls" mean? Is Kix so afraid getting humiliated that they are not allowing us to use older hulls for the High End targets?!? 
    Kind of feels that way. So much for trying Skulled up Tides with some Gales to see how they do in the S Sets.....

Scott

Aegis, for nice defense bonus.. i have done some testing and with the right build in Aegis, it does not take damage and you can just sit in the Aegis ring and wait for the enemy...... 
  • John1975
    John1975
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,511
    looks like fast easy raid. No prepping I already have most everything on the list. For sure not going to get Hunter Flag or the Generalist flag.  Really very lacking in stuff to get. Looks Like about 20 mill points gets max on what I would need/use that be  40 min time. 
    BadMoFo-RYFG TTMX
    Level 93
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 7,637

As noted above - if you don't have the phantom fang built then a fangtooth fleet is restricted from T7 targets?

See, simple question
    No cursing necessary....
    :)

Radius Sips Tizzy
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Incursion Leader
    Ruube1 said:
    • Tier 7

Yeah, this needs to be fixed.  It should be T6 OR T1 hulls.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Strike-force Captain
    What about the CO charged armor for prize?
    That charged armor is needed for late skyfire and Phoenix fleet users to catch up on assault targets and some camps too (like the Hunter).
    We have the X and CT armor , needed for this cycle, and the M armor, which is basically not as useful as the others.
    Please put the CO charged armor for prize in the unlocked, just like M and X armors.

And why is the hunter 1 day build token (4M ) more expensive than generic, any-hull 1 day token (3,5M)? 
    Shouldn´t the hunter 1 day be a 3M prize?
    Hull-Specific is usually more expensive, IIRC. {Which IS odd, since the generic can be used for ANYTHING.}

Scott

• joe.cole.716
    joe.cole.716
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 70
    If we have already gotten some of the shards for the Phantom Fang in the TLC, then we will only need to redeem the last 4 (in my case) correct?  I know it may seem like a stupid question, but with KIX's past history I want a MOD to reply.

I am also interested in the answer to the question of using a gunboat as a lead ship for the Fang tooth in the T7 targets.  Will be a real kick in the nads if you can't.  Seems like something that should of been told to us right after the last raid.  I may of tried harder to finish the TLC for the phantom fang then.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Incursion Leader

And why is the hunter 1 day build token (4M ) more expensive than generic, any-hull 1 day token (3,5M)? 
    Shouldn´t the hunter 1 day be a 3M prize?
    Demand skews the price curve.
  • CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Not cool raising the set bonus for T7 to 4 mill.  That kinda screws the players who only have one fleet or the other.  Also not cool limiting T7 to only Fangs and Hunters (T6 hulls).  That means Fang drivers can't use a Corvette or Gunboat as a lead for their Fangs if they don't have the PFang, leaves people with HW or Tides swinging in  the breeze as far as hitting the elite targets.

Howdy jschlueter1,

About Tier 7 set bonuses:

I am sorry you are frustrated looking at the point values.  If you look at the reward for hitting a single target,  as well as the prize points you will notice that the experience for a player with a single fleet is similar to July when we had only a single tier 7 target.

Seat time per target is about the same.
    Reward for single target is about the same.
    Prize price is about the same.

It will take you about the same amount of time to earn the same points.  There is not a penalty for owning only one fleet.  There is a bonus for players who are going to have both.

About Tier 7 Target Restrictions:
    We are now designing these targets with specific ships in mind.  A well built Tier 6 ship can comfortably hit up at Tier 7 target.  A well built tier 5 can comfortably hit up at tier 6 target.  What we are working to prevent is a player taking a tier 5 ship into a tier 7 target and having a bad experience.

Subs how ever are a bit weird compared to other ships, since they require a different flag ship. I am getting some additional information about the flagship slot in particular for the Fangtooth target and will update this thread with more information.

Not sure about the rules
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Incursion Leader

Subs how ever are a bit weird compared to other ships, since they require a different flag ship. I am getting some additional information about the flagship slot in particular for the Fangtooth target and will update this thread with more information.

Nice.
This discussion has been closed.