It's to the point where I don't even care if I get based anymore

OnionD
OnionD
Minor Nuisance
Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 248

Fix your **** game kixeye why do you literally refuse to balance this game it's honestly ridiculous

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 226
    If the game was more balanced there would be less incentive for the top players to spend obscene amounts of money on tech far more powerful than anything else.
  • geotku
    geotku
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 108
    The new OP base tech is in the works.  Bases should be more OP than the highest fleets, in my humble opinion. Due to the fact we need exponentially more res/am with each new up date & need to protect it, our bases...  Medals, you can keep them.  But our hard farmed res/am we want & need to keep...  
    The game will always have an imbalance, for the first time in years, yep, years we can finally watch as it takes 4 fleets to even 1 star you...  ;)
    With bases OP and the imbalance in the favour of Bases, coining shan't wane, but increase as it will bring back what was lost in the grand rebalance, basing strategies and much better prep work.  Remember when it was an honour to be based by the Original Death Rounder?  He was patient and put on a clinic on how to base and outfit destroyers ...  
    Long story short. If Kixeye gives us the tech we shall build it, the hiding below 64 will be a thing of the past, as literally everyone implements/builds their bases as high as possible. Meaning, guarding it, lots and lots of farming... thus uncreased participation & even people returning to game, and for the coiner conquerors out there, they will enjoy the challenges of actually having to need skill to base someone, so more coins spent continuing to learn to base, everyone happy... Thank you Kixeye & Devs, look forward to the upcoming Holiday Season as the Games Renewal of OP Base defenses. :)
  • campbellr66
    campbellr66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 132

Base combat fun stops once you go over gating level.
    We pay for a game and entertainment right ... kix need to work out how to keep things broadly balanced.... at the moment all that fun is gone

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 340

Why care at all about being base? It’s juts a game

• campbellr66
    campbellr66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 132

@Commodore Nico said:

Because of the resource loss. At the moment the big must have bridge and yard upgrades are not focus so it's just annoying.... but when the big grind and many week upgrades return it really blocks moderate to low coiners from progressing

• Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,794

I'm with you. I agree completely. I'm level 71 and i don't care if i get based period. Whatever. There is nothing i can do to stop an elite sniper. You don't even have to be good at rolling out your formation anymore.

The ONLY way you can gauge victory over a sniper fleet is through the outcome of the war of attrition. Can you outlast the timer before they earn total victory? If you escape with a module standing, you can claim victory. In the mean time, you get a free bubble.

ADVICE - keep your ship factory (or any module you need to keep running) un-armored and un- shielded. If your over 64, design your base to lose fast and repair quick.
    Who cares how many medals you lose. If you have your own elite sniper fleet, which i do, you can always get more at any time with no problem.

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

@campbellr66 said:

@Commodore Nico said:

Because of the resource loss. At the moment the big must have bridge and yard upgrades are not focus so it's just annoying.... but when the big grind and many week upgrades return it really blocks moderate to low coiners from progressing

Then take resource from others, and take advantage of any events for resources. And if you’re that afraid of being hit then relocate and stay low

• geotku
    geotku
    Minor Nuisance
    Keep building, upgrading every modules.  You'll need them maxed when OP base tech released, you'll have to upgrade even more to support those massive death beams/missiles/projectiles that will single shot kill MK6/E Guardian decoys...  <3 >:)

Viva la Vega Conflict, Viva la Kixeye, & Death to many baser fleets!
  • Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey

@geotku said:
    Keep building, upgrading every modules.  You'll need them maxed when OP base tech released, you'll have to upgrade even more to support those massive death beams/missiles/projectiles that will single shot kill MK6/E Guardian decoys...  <3 >:)

Lololol, .........hahahah ****.....sigh.... my tummy hurts....lololol

• OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 248

@Commodore Nico said:

@campbellr66 said:

@Commodore Nico said:

Then take resource from others, and take advantage of any events for resources. And if you’re that afraid of being hit then relocate and stay low

You don't understand because you're not lvl 65+. Once you hit it you're the biggest target in sector no matter how low you lay. I get based at least once a day and if I'm lucky once a week, because there's a such thing as "targets in sector XXXXX". No matter where you go someone will find you and you will always be a target from the day you hit 65 to the day you die or kixeye decided to balance this game.

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

@OnionD said:

@Commodore Nico said:

@campbellr66 said:

@Commodore Nico said:

You don't understand because you're not lvl 65+. Once you hit it you're the biggest target in sector no matter how low you lay. I get based at least once a day and if I'm lucky once a week, because there's a such thing as "targets in sector XXXXX". No matter where you go someone will find you and you will always be a target from the day you hit 65 to the day you die or kixeye decided to balance this game.

I’m a level 69 actually ****. Am in an alliance that usually is in war too. If I get hit then whatever, it is part of the game. All I have to do is farm another’s person base. Well it is what I usually do

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

Not gonna ask why that was censored when i didn’t even say a bad word heh

• Highlander00007
    Highlander00007
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 45

Make basing for metals only

• Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 779
    k
    Because some of these guys don't realize how easy it is to farm for res anymore, so they think that getting based is a big deal.  

The game has been ruined by a number of bad decisions on both Kixeye and the Player's part.  

We wanted res more available.  Res is pretty much everywhere now.  Especially with the Planet Strikes.  The Res Boxes in events. The super high amoounts of Res in fleets and the Ability to base.   The only reason a person would be low on res is because they've been doing the pointless FVF battles, racking up repairs and not doing the needed tending of one's garden as it was put by another player in another thread sometime last month.
    about the res tho.
    you can say its easy to find it everywhere, but at the moment ore is pretty ****, and i need 1 billion of it right now. i'm not able to grind all that res nor base for it.

rest is pretty much accurate, piloting is worthless, and its basicly all about the best and strongest build. which is lame.
  • Rekruter
    Rekruter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 4
    make your base level 101 and acheve ultimate not to hit protection because until now there is no fleet of level bigger than 95 :D
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 502

@RavenDrakar said:

Are you farming the progression?   If so...  You're going to be abandoning your tech often as you grab the new stuff from the events.   I'm doing this and I've already decided that Marking up my Xeno stuff isn't worth the time or effort and building more Xeno ships is pointless.  Axis is now the meta I'm focusing on.  Grabbing the tech in the main and marking up what I can, when I can.  There's no point in trying to be a badass pilot in FVF since I get nothing out of it.   

Exactly how I play now, not going to sacrifice my 90 mixed xeno/axis fleet against someone else and go back to base with high repair times and then that fleet out of action when event comes along. Rather take the damage doing an event which won’t be as high doing FvF. As you say you get nothing out of it unless you are a mega coiner and that I am not and won’t be.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,116
    Frankv said:
    k
    Because some of these guys don't realize how easy it is to farm for res anymore, so they think that getting based is a big deal.  

The game has been ruined by a number of bad decisions on both Kixeye and the Player's part.  

We wanted res more available.  Res is pretty much everywhere now.  Especially with the Planet Strikes.  The Res Boxes in events. The super high amoounts of Res in fleets and the Ability to base.   The only reason a person would be low on res is because they've been doing the pointless FVF battles, racking up repairs and not doing the needed tending of one's garden as it was put by another player in another thread sometime last month.
    about the res tho.
    you can say its easy to find it everywhere, but at the moment ore is pretty ****, and i need 1 billion of it right now. i'm not able to grind all that res nor base for it.

rest is pretty much accurate, piloting is worthless, and its basicly all about the best and strongest build. which is lame.
    PS Fleets are in planet.  Watch for the 37's 40's and 45's from Ore spawn points Between 4-6m res depending on the level.  Easily autoable with a fleet of BS's and a carrier Res from those fleets in that event are all one res type.  So those fleets will give that 4-6m of whatever res they spawn from.   Also anyone who isn't using their miners to help supplement their res needs really doesn't understand the game as much as they say.  This game hinges on being able to collect res so you can do upgrades.  

Now how many more times am I going to have to repeat this strategy. :)
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 502

It’s all about res management. You can even get res from alliance members if they willing to share. There is no excuse to let res get that low. It’s knowing when to get it back and not letting it get stupid low.

• Kivell
    Kivell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 221
    I've been in this game for a while, just before the original Grand Rebalance. Since then the game has gotten worse with each update Kix do. Events used to be special, now its spam with some kind of "give me coins" event going on all the time.  I've lost interest in the event, I've lost interst in the medals, I've lost interest in trying to compete with the high end (I mean 250+) alliances as they just coin to win or hack. Now my game is killong farmers in events....unless I lose interest in that too.  I used to be a light coiner but now I refuse along with most other players I know. Without the non-coiners, who are getting bored and fed up of the crap, whos left? Just coiners, why would they coin then?  They'll leave to and VC will fail.  Kixeye fail to see to basic business - look after your customers and they'll come back.  Sectors are already noticeably quiet anytime I come on.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
    Help, help, I'm being repressed!
  • joolex
    joolex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 101
    You guys talk about Kixeye as if you knew someone still works there. someone with half a brain that is.
    El Pirata
  • coltspeed72
    coltspeed72
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 479

While the game is a shadow of its former self. I have found a way to enjoy myself. I refuse to play how kix want me too, which is what they have been trying to force us all to since the rebalance. Basically as a reformed coiner i say there is no point spending hours farming for materials to upgrade your ships. Just build basic ships with smart builds and concentrate on building as many fleets as you can cause lets face it, they release tech so fast there's no point in the mk system. Stick to what you like and don't get blindsided with the frills of "extras" as they are short lived and not worth time or money

• geotku
    geotku
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 10 Oct 2017, 11:33AM

@geotku said:

Lololol, .........hahahah ****.....sigh.... my tummy hurts....lololol

Yep, don't say I didn't warn ya!  You have actually played Vega, right?  How many weapons & tiers have been released that literally melted lower tier OP fleets, with shock and dismay, and lots and lots of butthurt on here till Kixeye nerfed it?
    Bases deserve & will have their day in the Sun, for least the while... ;)   And, it will be entertaining to read/swim in the rivers of coiner & very few non coiner butthurt.  >:)

Poof, Blammo ... 2 shots & 2 decoys depixelated , kixeye should add the graphics of all the shattered fleets floating around the victorious bases!  :o

Have faith Rebels, new & old, victory is at hand, or at least a wee bit O payback...   :p
  • Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey

Dude, bases have one primary function in kixeyes grand scheme. That is to create butthurt and conflict. Because of this, it will always be in the games best interest to keep them under powered.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,116
    I've always thought of bases in this game as our way to "Create a level"  it's our way to build an attackable target that can challenge our fellow players.  

That part of the game is currently broken as there are players who can wipe a base without losing a ship.  
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • geotku
    geotku
    Minor Nuisance
    I was disconnected while basing a lvl 68 base, by the time I could log back in my baser was intact and barely damaged, 3 starred the base. Then moved to its neighboring 66 base and hit it too, 3 starred, and flew home.  

It's beyond too easy to base 65 and above, and those sitting at 64 are just as easy. This needs to be fixed, and Chris/Kixeye have announced it already, the improvements are coming, it may take a little time, But! The age of the Killer Base will come to be!! Muhahahahahahahaha  >:)
  • Highlander00007
    Highlander00007
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 45

Make xeno fleets only able to attack alien outposts and fleets
    That way base defence works
    Make basing only for metals

• DiabolicEsper
    DiabolicEsper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 291

I havent cared about being based because my base is so lightly armored

• Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey

@Rekruter said:
    make your base level 101 and acheve ultimate not to hit protection because until now there is no fleet of level bigger than 95 :D

??? Your misinformed. I have fleets over lvl 95

• M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 1,010
    joolex said:
    You guys talk about Kixeye as if you knew someone still works there. someone with half a brain that is.
    Kixeye could be Skynet banking on the virtual virtual difference of our time.

Thanks,

MVK