BOUNTY SEASON 2 DISCUSSION QUESTION

  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    beel78 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Its happening to me AND sadly I am doing it to others..

    You added all the new break points where you can secure bounty..   Well every time a big boy with all the toys does a secure, he is right back down to zero points and farming low tech levels who cannot compete with the latest and greatest fleets getting his points.  They NEVER have to hit someone who is high up in the rankings, cause you go off unsecured.



    IF you want this event to actually work..   You have got to figure out a way to prevent this.   Bounty was supposed to be where Tiers develop over time, say T6.5 are fighting T6.5, T5 vs T5 so on and so on..

    welp as it stands, you have T6/6.5 fighting T4-5 and starting of 6.. and ignoring like tech-ed bases..

    IF someone has 10k total bounty, under no terms should they be hitting someone who just joined at 800, or as the case now..  People who have under 800.


    agreed.  Several people including myself have said previously, base hitting should be based off of tech levels and not actual levels (since they are almost meaningless).  The created Bounty under the pretense (we all know what it is for) to get people interested in PvP.  Well considering that Tier 5 or Tier 5.5 fleets can barely get 25% in a semi-modern base, they have no incentive to try and when they get hammered with no ability to hit back in any meaningful way, they just give up.  While the casual and non-coiner "feed" the coiners, a lot of higher end players seem to forget the ancient rule of over hunting. Not counting the bugs or actual event's dynamics or even when they lie to us about what will/wont happen, the fact that they released a counter to the Courage BEFORE they even allowed it to be ranked (not counting coin) was just obnoxious.  Considering that the raid (one week away) will have the counter to this hull or something better.  Absolutely no incentive to play the event. People in lower tech levels SHOULD be able to have fun and hit bases within their range and not be bothered by someone that has the latest toys and tech and the flip side of that is, someone with all the latest stuff should not be rewarded for clubbing a paralyzed baby seal on drugs that is washed up on the beach.
    your shipyard does not stop. that is incentive enough to join the bounty

    add to that the free prizes.

    once the top players clear the tiers they can't attack down anymore, so later in the day lower players are more likley to hang on to their bounty.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    Where is the 1/2 time base repair or what ever it was last time? 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 513
    bort said:
    beel78 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Its happening to me AND sadly I am doing it to others..

    You added all the new break points where you can secure bounty..   Well every time a big boy with all the toys does a secure, he is right back down to zero points and farming low tech levels who cannot compete with the latest and greatest fleets getting his points.  They NEVER have to hit someone who is high up in the rankings, cause you go off unsecured.



    IF you want this event to actually work..   You have got to figure out a way to prevent this.   Bounty was supposed to be where Tiers develop over time, say T6.5 are fighting T6.5, T5 vs T5 so on and so on..

    welp as it stands, you have T6/6.5 fighting T4-5 and starting of 6.. and ignoring like tech-ed bases..

    IF someone has 10k total bounty, under no terms should they be hitting someone who just joined at 800, or as the case now..  People who have under 800.


    agreed.  Several people including myself have said previously, base hitting should be based off of tech levels and not actual levels (since they are almost meaningless).  The created Bounty under the pretense (we all know what it is for) to get people interested in PvP.  Well considering that Tier 5 or Tier 5.5 fleets can barely get 25% in a semi-modern base, they have no incentive to try and when they get hammered with no ability to hit back in any meaningful way, they just give up.  While the casual and non-coiner "feed" the coiners, a lot of higher end players seem to forget the ancient rule of over hunting. Not counting the bugs or actual event's dynamics or even when they lie to us about what will/wont happen, the fact that they released a counter to the Courage BEFORE they even allowed it to be ranked (not counting coin) was just obnoxious.  Considering that the raid (one week away) will have the counter to this hull or something better.  Absolutely no incentive to play the event. People in lower tech levels SHOULD be able to have fun and hit bases within their range and not be bothered by someone that has the latest toys and tech and the flip side of that is, someone with all the latest stuff should not be rewarded for clubbing a paralyzed baby seal on drugs that is washed up on the beach.
    your shipyard does not stop. that is incentive enough to join the bounty

    add to that the free prizes.

    once the top players clear the tiers they can't attack down anymore, so later in the day lower players are more likley to hang on to their bounty.
    Yeah, I opted in for this very reason. There's free stuff to be had with even my limited ability to hit (mostly running Rivals and MudGluts, both easily countered now days) and as long as my SY isn't interrupted its no skin off my back to be smashed and smash (more like tickle) back as best I can.  
    "Fun" is subjective. What's fun for you may be dull for another. When you apply your subjective notion of "fun" onto another as an objective fact, you've set the standard that the only opinion that matters is your own and those kinds of people aren't much fun to be around.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    max 4 hour on base repair
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    just been granted 800 bounty again oh well ill wait until a lvl 114 or higher to hit me and take it pffttt 

    think of all the new targets that will open up for you!
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    What going on in the bandit base lvl96 subs are taking damage and nothing is firing at them what that all about kix or is it just me
    Thorn damage from the justice. Way for kixeye to kick non spending players in the balls.
    yeah, they die really quickly to splash from morts....
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • katch.melater
    katch.melater
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 232
    is why i opted out too many bugs
  • anotherbullevent
    anotherbullevent
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 39
    eff this crap just got hit he takes 450 from me how the eff is this fair a lot higher lvl screw it

  • efimbres1
    efimbres1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 43
    What happened to the 88 Bandit Bases?
  • anotherbullevent
    anotherbullevent
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 39
    LOL have to laugh at peeps winging about Kix, it all about profit for Kix, what do you expect, you keep coming back for it. Kix won't change until players stop participating in these crap events. But nope like lemmings ,keep coming back, so suck it up buttercups.

  • anotherbullevent
    anotherbullevent
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 39
    LOL have to laugh at peeps winging about Kix, it all about profit for Kix, what do you expect, you keep coming back for it. Kix won't change until players stop participating in these crap events. But nope like lemmings ,keep coming back, so suck it up buttercups.


  • Altonator
    Altonator
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,811
    Where   are  the 88 s  and  99   s   ??
  • Aussie_RBG
    Aussie_RBG
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 51
    Why are my Gluttony's getting out of sync they surface at different times?

  • Aussie_RBG
    Aussie_RBG
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 51
    Whats causing damage to my Gluttonys in a 96 Bandit Occupied Base?

  • SCYTHE60
    SCYTHE60
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 317
    if this has been ask sorry 99 bandit occupied base not spawning often enough or is that how it's suppose to work 
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    Whats causing damage to my Gluttonys in a 96 Bandit Occupied Base?

    Players sayingit Thorns damage from a justice ship???? I dont have the Justice  so I have no idea what that is 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Powerboss9
    Powerboss9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 143
    Ok so this is stupid I thought the rules were to allow for your base to slow repair completely before being back on the locator or at least while the OP isn't fully repaired the attacker was at the very least to get reduced bounty from the defender. if i had known those two facts i wouldn't have opt'd in for this season of bounty and i stand by my original assessment from season one.

    BOUNTY PVP AND FORCED TO BASE HIT IS RETARDED!

    please no more bounty seasons after this thankfully i will say that this time it seems to be bug free but unless you start with the latest and greatest tech before it opens up players like myself unless i decide to spend massive coin have no chance to ever have the ability to participate when players massively higher can freely attack my base and if my OP is half repaired along with portals then i can't ever get my fleet to do anything much less participate in PVE or PVP aspects such as the TLC's and the FM or at least what remains of it.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,525
    OK-as a long time player I dont have the BUS so please Kixeye-tell me/us how to defeat the Bandit 96 target. Every ship/fleet I have dies long before I can get to the island from the Concussive Axioms. No chance there are simply too many of them. And this for just 100 points? Come on now.
    then use gluts,, but maybe you dont have them
    then go hit a base for a chance of way more 100 points, but maybe you have no fleet for that too

    then unfortunately one would have to ask you,, why are you participating in a base hitting event
    I have Gluts-but have you tried to kill the Justice with them?

  • Rockstar2k15
    Rockstar2k15
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 805
    SCYTHE60 said:
    if this has been ask sorry 99 bandit occupied base not spawning often enough or is that how it's suppose to work 
    There was plenty of them at the beginning but kixeye pulled them out. Guessing the chances of seeing 1 now is like 0.01%
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,665
    SCYTHE60 said:
    if this has been ask sorry 99 bandit occupied base not spawning often enough or is that how it's suppose to work 
    The 99s are supposed to be "rare" - while the 85s and 96s (a more difficult version of the 95) seem to spawn quite regularly
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,525
    Ruube1 said:
    OK-as a long time player I dont have the BUS so please Kixeye-tell me/us how to defeat the Bandit 96 target. Every ship/fleet I have dies long before I can get to the island from the Concussive Axioms. No chance there are simply too many of them. And this for just 100 points? Come on now.
    Survivors, with Radioactive armors. 1xSurvivor and 4xMort ships. My Survivor is with Splash armors and only thing that hurt it, was the Retributions launchers.
    Thanks for the suggestion-will give it a try

  • Rockstar2k15
    Rockstar2k15
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 805
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 10:51PM
    If kixeye won't bring the 99s back then the activity level of participation will be 90% less than what it was last time round. Haven't been hit single time since the bounty started yet. Last time I got hit non-stop.
  • Dark_Woman
    Dark_Woman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 39
    i was hoping this bounty would better than last one ! but it's the same scrap ! in our sector we have alot off lag , killt already two fleets because off the lag and didn't get any points , again great job kix !! it's the second time i'm trying this , no more bounty here , i'm not gonna spend my coins on this crap !!! 

  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,525
    Not a very nice thing to do Kixeye to add the Justice to the 95's and change to 96's mid Season. Yes, we understand you want people to coin-but it's ridiculous now with the Justice-so you can't use subs now virtually ALL other fleets evaporate from the Axioms. All of this for 100 points?? So people are going to loose their fleets for just 100 points-I know why so many players are upset-this is downright pitiful to do to the players.
  • jager xxx
    jager xxx
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,721
    question guys

    seems to me the the base hitting activity is even lower than normal, is it the case that players decided have an indirect gentleman agreement  so nobody suffer repair and all focus on the occupied bases?
  • Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 374
    How come when your base is attacked and the attacker loses you get none of the attackers bounty, thats Oscar Mayer
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    question guys

    seems to me the the base hitting activity is even lower than normal, is it the case that players decided have an indirect gentleman agreement  so nobody suffer repair and all focus on the occupied bases?


    actually the fact is no one can get in a decent OP10 base


  • anotherbullevent
    anotherbullevent
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 39
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 11:17PM
    Milo-Ant said:
    question guys

    seems to me the the base hitting activity is even lower than normal, is it the case that players decided have an indirect gentleman agreement  so nobody suffer repair and all focus on the occupied bases?


    actually the fact is no one can get in a decent OP10 base

    your wrong about that

    if they got sloths they walk the base but then again all the good tech 


  • Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 374
    Why cant we win bounty from attackers for successfull base defense?
Sign In or Register to comment.