BOUNTY SEASON 2 DISCUSSION QUESTION

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,031
    Ice_DS said:
    zantil said:
    He could have reached a "secure bounty" milestone, then he can secure, and hit you again, and suck your bounty.

Im rather sad that i joined before reading the new rules, and spend uranium on upgrading bounty level - that does ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!

Waste of uranium, waste of time, waste of.. everything.
    Upgrading your Bounty upgrades your base defense,  which helps you hold on to your bounty you have earned.
    just upgrades your OP defense...says nothing about turrets
    It's OP that costs you bounty when you lose it.  If your OP can hang on, you can get your bubble from a failed hit and keep your bounty tokens.
  • Choerine
    Choerine
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 8
    So if I have more unsecured bounty and someone hits me and fails.... then They leave me no bounty. However you cannot get bounty off anyone UNLESS they HAVE MORE THAN YOU to start with? So basically no way to earn bounty by people failing in your base?
  • HowHigh
    HowHigh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 967
    In my opinion when you attack and retreat or die, that's a loss and we should be awarded accordingly. 
    https://corp.kixeye.com/
    Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full ****, man. Never go full ****. 
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Choerine said:
    So if I have more unsecured bounty and someone hits me and fails.... then They leave me no bounty. However you cannot get bounty off anyone UNLESS they HAVE MORE THAN YOU to start with? So basically no way to earn bounty by people failing in your base?
    Yes.  That's actually good - it keeps those with stupendous bases from being able to sit on their laurels and do nothing and let the bounty roll in.

From a gameplay perspective, this makes good sense.  You want to reward *action* and basehitting.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 6:35PM
    There's an interesting line in one of Rampage's posts that I think is getting overlooked here:

Please note that ships will continue to build when your shipyard is destroyed.  The Conquest Yard should have the same behavior.

That strikes me as just good game design. There is almost no disincentive to participate now. "Oh, no, my base was flattened!" So? Nothing is lost. Your dock repairs itself, and now your ships won't get stuck in limbo until you return.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    Its happening to me AND sadly I am doing it to others..

You added all the new break points where you can secure bounty..   Well every time a big boy with all the toys does a secure, he is right back down to zero points and farming low tech levels who cannot compete with the latest and greatest fleets getting his points.  They NEVER have to hit someone who is high up in the rankings, cause you go off unsecured.

IF you want this event to actually work..   You have got to figure out a way to prevent this.   Bounty was supposed to be where Tiers develop over time, say T6.5 are fighting T6.5, T5 vs T5 so on and so on..

welp as it stands, you have T6/6.5 fighting T4-5 and starting of 6.. and ignoring like tech-ed bases..

IF someone has 10k total bounty, under no terms should they be hitting someone who just joined at 800, or as the case now..  People who have under 800.

• darren7721
    darren7721
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 108

I love that 1 hr into Bounty after checking the 96 targets to decide if I was opting in that a justice was added. This hurts those "pvp" curious players. Makes less Bounty in the pool and only reason is for more coins.

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician

I love that 1 hr into Bounty after checking the 96 targets to decide if I was opting in that a justice was added. This hurts those "pvp" curious players. Makes less Bounty in the pool and only reason is for more coins.

Justice was always on the prize list, wasn't it?  
  • jager xxx
    jager xxx
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,721
    OK-as a long time player I dont have the BUS so please Kixeye-tell me/us how to defeat the Bandit 96 target. Every ship/fleet I have dies long before I can get to the island from the Concussive Axioms. No chance there are simply too many of them. And this for just 100 points? Come on now.
    then use gluts,, but maybe you dont have them
    then go hit a base for a chance of way more 100 points, but maybe you have no fleet for that too

then unfortunately one would have to ask you,, why are you participating in a base hitting event
  • Ruube1
    Ruube1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,380
    OK-as a long time player I dont have the BUS so please Kixeye-tell me/us how to defeat the Bandit 96 target. Every ship/fleet I have dies long before I can get to the island from the Concussive Axioms. No chance there are simply too many of them. And this for just 100 points? Come on now.
    Survivors, with Radioactive armors. 1xSurvivor and 4xMort ships. My Survivor is with Splash armors and only thing that hurt it, was the Retributions launchers.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 7:08PM

he's talking about the guard fleet in the target
    it used to be all retributions, now it has a Justice in it

"Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • darren7721
    darren7721
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 108

Justice was added into the target.......thorns damages most fleets and axioms do the rest.  These targets were purported to be a way for non pvp players to practice and get into the play style.  This cuts them off at the knees.....
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician

Justice was added into the target.......thorns damages most fleets and axioms do the rest.  These targets were purported to be a way for non pvp players to practice and get into the play style.  This cuts them off at the knees.....
    Ah, yeah, that sucks

• Mick Connors
    Mick Connors
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 357
    What going on in the bandit base lvl96 subs are taking damage and nothing is firing at them what that all about kix or is it just me
  • Blue_Dog
    Blue_Dog
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 137
    The level 95 Bandit targets were available at the start of the event but have quickly disappeared.  Come on kix, not fair to start us with them and then pull them.  Hope they will be re-spawning soon!
  • Rockstar2k15
    Rockstar2k15
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 805
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 7:08PM
    What going on in the bandit base lvl96 subs are taking damage and nothing is firing at them what that all about kix or is it just me
    Thorn damage from the justice. Way for kixeye to kick non spending players in the balls.
  • Mack_B2
    Mack_B2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 135
    Yea, first one I did didn't have it this morning, the 2nd one...ouch. Nice Kix. Gotta love moving the goal post during the game.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    they pulled them cause they wanted the 96s to spawn, not the 95s..

95s were doable with mudgluts for free.   96s have the justice that stops that.. and the 6-8 fire supported Axioms that destroy any surface boat.

IE to keep you from farming 95s for 100 points all weekend and getting free chit

• alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 7:32PM
    dock repair should be lower the time ,my bubble is less time than the dock repair at this rate will never be able to play lol as the bubbles are lower time than the dock 

DarKCloWn
  • blue_army2004
    blue_army2004
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 59
    was thinking of joining. now no reason at all.
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519

They still have the 85's
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • anotherbullevent
    anotherbullevent
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 39
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 7:40PM
    this is stupid a lvl 114 hits a lvl 83 he has nearly 3000 bounty they have 1040 the higher player takes 312 bounty off lvl 83 yeah great goink kix

• tamdhu
    tamdhu
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 334
    where have the 95's gone . I got peeps who said they were around at the start. I log in to start and they all vanished somewhere ?
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    tamdhu said:
    where have the 95's gone . I got peeps who said they were around at the start. I log in to start and they all vanished somewhere ?

erm its a PVP event, why are you looking to do PVE in it?
  • tamdhu
    tamdhu
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 334
    hmmmm because I  want to ?

• Sasha855
    Sasha855
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 21
    can I opt out? this is a joke
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    Against my better judgment I went ahead and joined Bounty.  If is still just a wacked as the first time. Launch base killer + a second fleet (so you dont get relay loading screen. Pick a target says +515 click button to go to their base click relay move here then select the other fleet to avoid the loading screen. Now you are looking RIGHT at the base 20 sec later base fleet pulls up you click attack base shows +515 battle starts you flatten them 100% and get whopping +0

Did you even work on this thing at all? 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • anotherbullevent
    anotherbullevent
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 39
    just been granted 800 bounty again oh well ill wait until a lvl 114 or higher to hit me and take it pffttt 

• Sasha855
    Sasha855
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 21
    just been granted 800 bounty again oh well ill wait until a lvl 114 or higher to hit me and take it pffttt 

A **** joke they are literally taking the pish