BOUNTY SEASON 2 DISCUSSION QUESTION

• Shadow527
    Shadow527
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 624
    question about bounty 2...if you have a ship building and you get hit in the middle of the night, do you lose that time until morning when you log in and repair the base or does it continue to build???
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 866
    hitman said:
    beel78 said:
    Smash Bases!  Steal Bounty! Earn Prizes!
    More info here (<--- Click Link)

any word on the adderstrike turret?  those stats can not be correct.  Not for the description.  Older turrets are better than that.  Missing a '0' somewhere or something?
    Dunno, i thought the stats looked alright when paired with the special.  No other corrosive turret does anywhere near as much damage per pellet
    I'm not sure where you are seeing these stats?

The adder plus the special give a multishot of 5 with an individual shot damage of 6000 (3000 Vs. siege gear)

Venom with the same special has a multishot of 10 with an individual shot damage of 33,600 (16,300 Vs. siege gear)

Even the Drac scatter stacks up better against it.

The only advantage I see, is the reload. We also don't know if it has special abilities. Very high projectile speed would also make it better, but we don't even know if that is the case.
    As it stands, it looks about as much use as nerf blaster. Maybe it is intended for the little guys?
    Believe talking about the 16,300 DoT damage that it does. Also it is in game under limited turrets and in bounty hunt store to see more of stats. 
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 513
    hitman said:
    beel78 said:

any word on the adderstrike turret?  those stats can not be correct.  Not for the description.  Older turrets are better than that.  Missing a '0' somewhere or something?
    Dunno, i thought the stats looked alright when paired with the special.  No other corrosive turret does anywhere near as much damage per pellet

The adder plus the special give a multishot of 5 with an individual shot damage of 6000 (3000 Vs. siege gear)

Venom with the same special has a multishot of 10 with an individual shot damage of 33,600 (16,300 Vs. siege gear)

The only advantage I see, is the reload. We also don't know if it has special abilities. Very high projectile speed would also make it better, but we don't even know if that is the case.
    As it stands, it looks about as much use as nerf blaster. Maybe it is intended for the little guys?
    This was posted earlier showing its special stuff:

https://imgur.com/DHkWsiC

Not sure if a dot that's still sub 20k is worth it though. Might be good for ships that are vulnerable to corrosive, but that wouldn't be the twinblade with its deflections.
    "Fun" is subjective. What's fun for you may be dull for another. When you apply your subjective notion of "fun" onto another as an objective fact, you've set the standard that the only opinion that matters is your own and those kinds of people aren't much fun to be around.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 1:48AM
    Wow, can't believe I am saying this, but count me out. With the exorbitant time required for turret upgrades, walls, labs etc... I can't justify killing my timers for prizes that will just kill the prizes from the last bounty.

Edit... So glad the omega turret will do well against this new hull. Oh wait... it won't. Glad I still have 6 days of research on that one.
    Yeah the game is moving so fast, our stuff is obsolete before it's even installed now! L-M-A-O! :lol:
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,203
    AND if it's not been mentioned Rampage-WHAT ABOUT THE PORTAL GLITCH??? I see NO MENTION of this being fixed. If that is still an issue you can forget it completely-this makes ZERO sense if that bug remains. What is it that makes you guys not listen to the players very well? Ego? I don't get it.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    akkisigg said:
    hitman said:
    beel78 said:

This was posted earlier showing its special stuff:

Not sure if a dot that's still sub 20k is worth it though. Might be good for ships that are vulnerable to corrosive, but that wouldn't be the twinblade with its deflections.
    Thanks, I wasn't able to make it's info pane popup in the equip tab earlier, but tried again just after i posted. I see the DoT now. Still low and useless Vs. the new twinblade as far as I can tell.
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    AND if it's not been mentioned Rampage-WHAT ABOUT THE PORTAL GLITCH??? I see NO MENTION of this being fixed. If that is still an issue you can forget it completely-this makes ZERO sense if that bug remains. What is it that makes you guys not listen to the players very well? Ego? I don't get it.
    Check the update notes. In the bug fixes, its states that the portal issues were fixed for both players and AI.
    "Fun" is subjective. What's fun for you may be dull for another. When you apply your subjective notion of "fun" onto another as an objective fact, you've set the standard that the only opinion that matters is your own and those kinds of people aren't much fun to be around.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    DADakaDTM said:
    S0ULHEX said:
    beel78 said:

what does DoT damage   mean  or what does DoT stand for ?
    Damage over time. Auto DPS of sorts
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,106

From the update notes.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,203
    Another comment Rampage is this Twinblade hull and missile. Are you serious? Is this for real? This new hull is so badly overpowered that it isn't even fun. Constantly you have claimed again and again to slow the power creep yet you don't-you just double down and multiply it. Just like it's description-it tears through bldgs like paper. How is this fun to the player on the receiving end? Only the mega coiners will even have the hull. Yes I know you want to satisfy the millionaires that play this game. But it appears you are just shutting everyone else out.
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,106
    Another comment Rampage is this Twinblade hull and missile. Are you serious? Is this for real? This new hull is so badly overpowered that it isn't even fun. Constantly you have claimed again and again to slow the power creep yet you don't-you just double down and multiply it. Just like it's description-it tears through bldgs like paper. How is this fun to the player on the receiving end? Only the mega coiners will even have the hull. Yes I know you want to satisfy the millionaires that play this game. But it appears you are just shutting everyone else out.
    It has 4k pen and ballistic deflection and the most you can have is two. How is that badly overpowered?
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    It has 4k pen and ballistic deflection and the most you can have is two. How is that badly overpowered?
    It also will have the lowest range of any recent conqueror hull since it doesn't have a boost to missile range. It also has no fleet dps. I expect it'll mainly be a spotter tank for BUS fleets for a while. On its own, its tough, but not THAT scary. Combined with other ships, it'll be a mean girl.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    The hull does have a massive weakness to missiles and ballistics. Which is worth mentioning. It's damage is insane Vs. buildings, but will suffer Vs. guards who are covered by decent counters and armoured accordingly. Might be time to put a strong missile boat in guard!

But hey you can refit your guards in the new yard!...oh wait, most people will never build it because it takes well over a month and stops all other builds that are more important. Nevermind, back to squeezing guards in between raid fleets I guess lol
  • War_StalkeR
    War_StalkeR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,240
    So, was Passive Play (where you can leave your destroyed base for a couple of days and just get the points) fixed or not?
    Without a face, a single word, the flames of war unify
    Sundered clouds, a blooody rain, seas that fill the sky
    Capture the gods, advance the troops, fire consumes the towers
    Forge all spirits and bloodlines into the nine killing powers!
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,350
    The hull does have a massive weakness to missiles and ballistics. Which is worth mentioning. It's damage is insane Vs. buildings, but will suffer Vs. guards who are covered by decent counters and armoured accordingly. Might be time to put a strong missile boat in guard!

But hey you can refit your guards in the new yard!...oh wait, most people will never build it because it takes well over a month and stops all other builds that are more important. Nevermind, back to squeezing guards in between raid fleets I guess lol
    Doesn't the new yard say Conquerors only? I don't see Defenders mentioned anywhere.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician

Doesn't the new yard say Conquerors only? I don't see Defenders mentioned anywhere.
    I've not actually looked at the release notes on it, but it was said when it was announced and even in the build pane at one stage that it was for conq and def fleets.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician

Here ya go bud... conq
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    akkisigg said:
    It also will have the lowest range of any recent conqueror hull since it doesn't have a boost to missile range. It also has no fleet dps. I expect it'll mainly be a spotter tank for BUS fleets for a while. On its own, its tough, but not THAT scary. Combined with other ships, it'll be a mean girl.
    It's basically a gate crasher to knock down portals and quickly open the door to other hulls. It's gonna hurt, but I don't reckon it will be that impossible to stop with the right guards/towers.

• Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13,818
    Will research and building continue or be stopped for the repairs?
    Last time it was only the ship builds that continued while your base was flat.
  • War_StalkeR
    War_StalkeR
    Incursion Leader
    Now the main question is: will players continue receive bounty with flat bases? Or no more passive play?
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,635
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 3:14AM
    I read all the comments in this thread and while they do bring up some valid points such as the bubble times, the dead bases, and base repair times it seems many are a little over exaggerating. Like you can do just fine in the event without massive coining.. I have the Brennus sloth built with fm tokens and also am building hunters for coming raid without any coins used on ship builds... Secondly, new hull is not overpowered, it has its strengths and weaknesses just like every hull in the game. Going back to base hitting, many have axioms and that does put many base hitting ships out of work. But guess what, the Sloth was 3mil in the last raid so it shouldnt be a problem.. Prizes are a little overpriced I'd say but lets wait and see how the new bounty generation is before judging too much... My thoughts atleast...
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13,818
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 3:21AM
    Now the main question is: will players continue receive bounty with flat bases? Or no more passive play?
    Coincidentally that very question was answered in the second bullet point of the Bounty overview thread. I would suggest reading through it.

• AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,190
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 3:37AM
    Coincidentally that very question was answered in the second bullet point of the Bounty overview thread. I would suggest reading through it.

True that this will force players to go in base and start repairs to get there grant.

But, and yes there is always a but, no mention of any control for players doin map repair and hitting bases non stop til they get there secured mark while forgoing any bounty production/grant except at the last second to reach there goals. Those players kept there bases dead and didnt care about bounty production, and wont care about the grant.

Hence, exploitable. And im sure many will who can coin on the map non stop til they reach there goals. Hence again an issue with bounty availability and ultimatly balance between players.

Hence, the team hasnt corrected the biggest problem in this. The only way to resolve this is to make every building auto repairs wether you log or not. This would force those players to coin there repairs or lose what they gain after a certain amount of time after op repairs.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • War_StalkeR
    War_StalkeR
    Incursion Leader

True that this will force players to go in base and start repairs to get there grant.

But, and yes there is always a but, no mention of any control for players doin map repair and hitting bases non stop til they get there secured mark while forgoing any bounty production/grant except at the last second to reach there goals. Those players kept there bases dead and didnt care about bounty production, and wont care about the grant.

Hence, exploitable. And im sure many will who can coin on the map non stop til they reach there goals. Hence again an issue with bounty availability and ultimatly balance between players.

Hence, the team hasnt corrected the biggest problem in this. The only way to resolve this is to make every building auto repairs wether you log or not. This would force those players to coin there repairs or lose what they gain after a certain amount of time after op repairs.
    Map repairs is not a problem. As long as they're eventually forced to repair their base - its fine.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,814
    John1975 said:
    Still know reward for base defense you know really the most important part of Bounty No bases to hit No bounty event.  I would like that new hull and turret but to me Base defense is prob the biggest part of bounty and get no points at all for that. May give it pass save the $$ make this a cheap week of play. 
    It was said in the livestream with GDA and CM MR that that was planned for BH3.
  • CaptainWho-CW or doc
    CaptainWho-CW or doc
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 301
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 6:11AM
    Taking off my CaptainWho hat and putting on my CaptainObvious hat for ya. Here's the skinny cool kats....We players know that this is a game to us and a business model for Kix. Most of us players in this "strategy" game are always looking for the strategy to spend less (or none for some) and play more to move forward in progression. We understand you want to motivate us to spend, hence all the events that afford us this opportunity to stay caught up with new and fast paced movement with game tech. So let me clue yall in on how you could change the event to not only get more participation, but very possibly an increase of monetary stakes of those that would join.

Change the current Bounty Bubble format to if joining 50% off the normal time, so a 36 hour becomes 18 hour, etc.
     Make Conq/Defender hulls 50% repair during Bounty

Putting my CaptainWho hat back on. Good luck to all that enter the event

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,190
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 3:50AM

Map repairs is not a problem. As long as they're eventually forced to repair their base - its fine.
    Like i said, this situation is not resolved.

They can still stay on the map, get there secured bounty (which they cant lose) by hitting base or map targets, repair the base while it fully secured, start all over again till there next goal. Remember, you cant steal bounty if the OP is dead.

Map repair is an issue if you dont have to go in your base and start repairs. And dont let me go into certain technique used to make sure you never have to refresh. 

Auto repair of base is the only solution i can see outside of removing map repair which they wont do, too lucrative.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 868

Like i said, this situation is not resolved.

They can still stay on the map, get there secured bounty (which they cant lose) by hitting base or map targets, repair the base while it fully secured, start all over again till there next goal. Remember, you cant steal bounty if the OP is dead.

Map repair is an issue if you dont have to go in your base and start repairs. And dont let me go into certain technique used to make sure you never have to refresh. 

Auto repair of base is the only solution i can see outside of removing map repair which they wont do, too lucrative.
       The real problem here is short-sightedness. Kix is all like yeah yeah spend that coin map repairing yeah yeah. However I can pretty much guarantee that if your base repairing was a requirement to collect bounty off of base hits those same whales out there coining on the map would be in those bases coining repairs on them to so they can keep hitting. 
       And as far as people using auto-clicker so they never have to refresh? That crap right there should be bannable. Its use of a third party program effecting the outcome of the game.
  • rob.d
    rob.d
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 119
    DADakaDTM said:
    S0ULHEX said:
    beel78 said:

what does DoT damage   mean  or what does DoT stand for ?
    im sure it means DAMAGE OVER TIME