BOUNTY SEASON 2 DISCUSSION QUESTION

• TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,350
    edited 4 Oct 2017, 11:42PM
    Blooming Heck.
    You guys really learned NOTHING from the last one, did you?
    Let's examine the fails in the briefing first:
    2 Stars is 50% and outpost, not 25% and outpost. 25% and OP is a fail.
    Copy-paste fail referring to first season.
    "Checkpoint 5 is as large as all the others combined"... yet the very next screenshot clearly shows that it's twice as large. Which is it?
    "Unlike Medals, you get 30% of unsecured Bounty for earning 2 stars and destroying the Outpost, regardless of damage dealt." Except that 2 stars is itself linked to damage, so is it linked to damage or not?
    "Randon Breeder"? Really?
    Limit on redemption of limited blueprint for Adder Strike turret not given.

Moving onto mechanics changes:
    Okay, so you've now made more bounty stealable on each hit, and done nothing to make it more possible to defend your base. <Sarcasm> I see no way that could end badly.</Sarcasm>
    You're still basing it totally off unsecured bounty, so every time a checkpoint is hit- and there are now two more per day- the successful players get to spend a few hits beating up players who have absolutely no way of countering them in any way.
    And have you fixed ANY of the issues with the last bounty? Um, let's see... No.

And the environment you are doing bounty in:
    Last bounty, it was possible for normal players to have fleets that could hit bases. This time? Sorry, nope, OP10 says go away. And since it's new raid month, everyone has been busy building raid ships, not the brand new brennus sloth that is the ONLY hull that can break an even half-arsed OP10 base. So Mega-Coiners only. So, they have no-one to hit except each other, which means not enough bounty generated for anyone to get the top prizes, which was a massive problem last time even with the legions of poor fools who didn't know better, but will this time- and just to make that even worse, you've upped the costs of the new stuff.... a lot.
    Also, while last time many were done with reasearches and building, meaning there was little disincentive to participate from that perspective, this time we have lots of researches, equips and upgrades that will be set back by days if we enter.

And the prizes:
    That new twinblade looks awesome! Oh, wait, the new portal hard-counters it.
    Clipper missile? Shame it can't kill year old defender hulls.
    Prizes from last bounty? More expensive now.
    New prizes? Even more extortionate.

I'm sorry, but the only response here is: ROFLMFAO.
    Well summed up mate. I can concisely add my feelings whilst reading that briefing thusly:

• Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,355
    I was hoping to see some reward for defending my base. I dunno, kinda indifferent about this one as its not much improvement from last one. Nice hull, but I still havent built the last one I won. Bad weekend for another event - Thanksgiving for some of us. I can't see myself participating in 2 events per month, so probably sit these out. 
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,317
    No mention of outside base guard. Is that turned off for this one.  its kind of pointless to join a "base hitting event" only to spam base guards so your base cant be hit.   Will outside/alliance guarding be turned off for If we decide to join a event that is only going to pay one side of the battle.
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,350
    beel78 said:
    Didn't you guys say on the show that bubble times would be increased and that structure build tokens would be offered?  Honestly, this one has even less appeal than the first one. Yeah...no thanks.  The four hour bubble with people still able to game the system...no thanks

^ That.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Another one not mentioned Dock repair will tokens work? 
  • mauijewels
    mauijewels
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 75
    Will shipyard continue building like it did last bounty even when destroyed? 
  • P3B
    P3B
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 23
    Will players be able to join last minute and get free prizes again this time?
  • Klacker
    Klacker
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 17
    Not doing it. No way. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME.
    What used to be is gone

And what ought to be, ought not to be so hard
  • DQO07
    DQO07
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 161
    So are you guys just giving up on the game over there at Kix? I am very curious to hear what the hell was said during the meeting when discussing the numbers on the Twinblade. Now I'm looking at this hull and going, what in the living hell stops that??????? It one shots every structure in the game, and with BUS already destroying ships like they are nothing, what base can stop a BUS Twinblade fleet....
  • A game
    A game
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 948
    beel78 said:
    Didn't you guys say on the show that bubble times would be increased and that structure build tokens would be offered?  Honestly, this one has even less appeal than the first one. Yeah...no thanks.  The four hour bubble with people still able to game the system...no thanks

beel i'm glad you and I think alike most of the time
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    TIGGGGGER said:
    i have to ask bcuz i didn't see anyone else ask...the last time we did bounty event the bounty locator ( the pop up flag on a players base) "DID NOT"  "show unsecured bounty corectly" we could win from a players base..... i know i attacked "to many to count" players that the (pop up flag) indicated if i won i would win X amount of bounty and i won n did not get any bounty points for those wins..... the bounty pay out seemed to be random at best ... wat did kix do to adress this issue?
    that was mainly due to them reaching a bank point while you were still hitting them.  If they got to bank point and you were not finished with your hit on them they had nothing to take. 
  • Morgan McKey
    Morgan McKey
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 620
    I hope bounty payout and base made bounty are a lot higher.The cost is way way higher than last bounty.Plus add in many have op10 and with minimal upgrades bases can't be cracked but you expect us to or try after we have been trying kixeye? Also amounts to a raid before the raid with issues from last one not fixed like the gate bug.Things are getting out of control good luck 99% of people that will participate probably can't be cracked thanks to op10.Tet you continue to push garbage out faster than the U.S government can print money.

• TIGGGGGER
    TIGGGGGER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 78
    ok wat tells us when they reach the bank point "on the pop up flag"  i did not see a bank point all i saw was a bounty amount when i clicked on a base  and thanks fer your responce  
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,149
    The 50% splash damage reduction on the BUS and the new Bounty Conqueror is crazy OP. Pair that with Turret defense and you have 75% damage reduction. Factoring in combat speed, deflection, and war plating, splash weapons are pretty much useless. Even the fancy new morts do absolutely 0 damage even if it crits.

I'm just really glad none of the new tech has any real application to base guards. I won't be missing out on anything.
  • SyndicateRR
    SyndicateRR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 319
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 1:03AM
    Oh yea "We'll do something to bubble timers"... liars.... they are the same
  • SyndicateRR
    SyndicateRR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 319
    Smash Bases!  Steal Bounty! Earn Prizes!
    More info here (<--- Click Link)

What smash dead bases for 4 days?? How can you can a pvp event?
  • Wild_G
    Wild_G
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 698
    beel78 said:

Yep they did say that they were going to look at increasing the bubble time.  But I guess they Lied again!!  They say one thing to make players think YAY they finally listening.  To doing something else and players are like WTH!!
  • Fred.Falkland
    Fred.Falkland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 3,037
    P3B said:
    Will players be able to join last minute and get free prizes again this time?
    Gross exaggeration.  It took me about an hour. ;)
  • DADakaDTM
    DADakaDTM
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 98
    S0ULHEX said:
    beel78 said:

any word on the adderstrike turret?  those stats can not be correct.  Not for the description.  Older turrets are better than that.  Missing a '0' somewhere or something?
    https://imgur.com/DHkWsiC
    what does DoT damage   mean  or what does DoT stand for ?
  • john.ballew2
    john.ballew2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 346
    TIGGGGGER said:
    i have to ask bcuz i didn't see anyone else ask...the last time we did bounty event the bounty locator ( the pop up flag on a players base) "DID NOT"  "show unsecured bounty corectly" we could win from a players base..... i know i attacked "to many to count" players that the (pop up flag) indicated if i won i would win X amount of bounty and i won n did not get any bounty points for those wins..... the bounty pay out seemed to be random at best ... wat did kix do to adress this issue?
    ^this right here was a mess last bounty and seem's like this and many other issue's like bubble time ect are just being ignored...I might sit this bounty out and just let the guys with deep pockets have their fun.
  • Alpha__Wolf
    Alpha__Wolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 863
    Bounty what did kix really learn?  The answer is nothing lol.  Best of luck with this fiasco kix.
    TFC Rocks
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 752
    Can we get build time for adder strike turret? Also the adder strike is listed as limited so how many can we get in bounty? Also was it fixed where we can get points from a base that isn't fully repaired or did I miss that?
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,194
    edited 5 Oct 2017, 1:46AM
    hitman said:
    beel78 said:

any word on the adderstrike turret?  those stats can not be correct.  Not for the description.  Older turrets are better than that.  Missing a '0' somewhere or something?
    Dunno, i thought the stats looked alright when paired with the special.  No other corrosive turret does anywhere near as much damage per pellet
    I'm not sure where you are seeing these stats?

The adder plus the special give a multishot of 5 with an individual shot damage of 6000 (3000 Vs. siege gear)

Venom with the same special has a multishot of 10 with an individual shot damage of 33,600 (16,300 Vs. siege gear)

Even the Drac scatter stacks up better against it.

The only advantage I see, is the reload. We also don't know if it has special abilities. Very high projectile speed would also make it better, but we don't even know if that is the case.
    As it stands, it looks about as much use as nerf blaster. Maybe it is intended for the little guys?

EDIT: finally got the pop to display in the equip screen. The adder has high DoT damage, but still isn't looking all that great to me, especially when you look at the fact it can be out-ranged easily by some hulls and the new stats of the twin will ignore it totally.
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"