BOUNTY SEASON 2 DISCUSSION QUESTION

• Tropical-Punch
    Tropical-Punch
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 6
    can i get out of the bounty fig i try but at l66  make me a prim target for lazy high level player 
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,281
    Joe_B222 said:
    As the title says..

I have banked 9 times or so now, and not a single chest given.

You get the chests as you hit the markers in the middle of the stretch pools. They are awarded at the little tick marks along the way.
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    Joe_B222 said:
    As the title says..

You get the chests as you hit the markers in the middle of the stretch pools. They are awarded at the little tick marks along the way.
    which they are not being handed out..

If you weren't so **** heavy handed with your "modding "  OR Actually communicated with the players who posted here either in the thread or in a PM,  these boards would be 1000% better..

AS it is, the chests are not being handed out, and it gets pushed to a 15 page rant thread that nobody ever reads..  GREAT customer service.

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,043
    edited 7 Oct 2017, 2:15AM
    Joe_B222 said:
    jcatalano said:
    From the Bounty release notes it sais you get them while going through checkpoint 5. Im guessing you did not get to checkpoint 5 yet as it resets every day.
    no thats not what it says..

As you progress through Checkpoint 5, look for mini prizes such as tokens along Milestone markers. When your Unsecured Bounty crosses these tick marks, you will be granted the listed items. If a player loses bounty and gains it again, milestone prizes cannot be redeemed multiple times.

Weird.  I don't have that screen.  My Daily Checkpoints page does not display the goals like that, and although I've hit (or will hit) the third daily goal two times now I have yet to receive a single chest.

• Templar614
    Templar614
    Joe_B222 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    As the title says..

If you weren't so **** heavy handed with your "modding "  OR Actually communicated with the players who posted here either in the thread or in a PM,  these boards would be 1000% better..

AS it is, the chests are not being handed out, and it gets pushed to a 15 page rant thread that nobody ever reads..  GREAT customer service.

It is a discussion about the event, and belongs in the event thread. This thread is being read believe it or not.

I passed it off the the team to look into.

Can you provide anything showing the chests not being awarded? A vid of you crossing a threshold would be great. As proof of things makes fixing them easier.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    I have,, lol,, It only secured a portion of bounty,,  the 5th check point of 24hrs, didn't seem to secure the rest
    Everything you have at the end of the reset period is not automatically converted to secured. You can only secure up to what the checkpoints cover. After that, it is left as unsecured. 
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joe_B222 said:
    As the title says..

Maybe YOU do.  Here's my bounty screen: https://imgur.com/ktMENOf.

Notice nothing about chests in there anywhere.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joe_B222 said:
    As the title says..

Because you haven't hit the stretch goal. There are no chests for the Daily Goal 1-5. The first chest appears when the goal is at 6800.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    Joe_B222 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    As the title says..

It is a discussion about the event, and belongs in the event thread. This thread is being read believe it or not.

I passed it off the the team to look into.

Can you provide anything showing the chests not being awarded? A vid of you crossing a threshold would be great. As proof of things makes fixing them easier.
    my laptop I play on does not allow me to video record.   frame rate and lag is so bad its not funny, so no I cannot supply a video. 

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joe_B222 said:
    As the title says..

Because you haven't hit the stretch goal. There are no chests for the Daily Goal 1-5. The first chest appears when the goal is at 6800.

Ah, that was unclear.  I appreciate your quick reply.
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,715
    Kixeye what were you thinking with the outpost defense buffs.... Even if you make a good base you run out of time to kill the outpost... I sunk a base worth 6k medals and had 2 min to kill it with 2 sloths and survivor and couldnt even kill it in time.. Whats the point in hitting top bases during bounty if u are just gonna run out of time anyway...
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • War_StalkeR
    War_StalkeR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,244
    Kixeye what were you thinking with the outpost defense buffs.... Even if you make a good base you run out of time to kill the outpost... I sunk a base worth 6k medals and had 2 min to kill it with 2 sloths and survivor and couldnt even kill it in time.. Whats the point in hitting top bases during bounty if u are just gonna run out of time anyway...
    What have you expected? Now to take out OP in time you need best possible PvP fleet for it.
    Without a face, a single word, the flames of war unify
    Sundered clouds, a blooody rain, seas that fill the sky
    Capture the gods, advance the troops, fire consumes the towers
    Forge all spirits and bloodlines into the nine killing powers!
  • SCYTHE60
    SCYTHE60
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 317
    there needs to be a change when you reach a certain point lvl all base i have seen to try to hit have 0 bounty we need them to always be able to hit base i am at a point where now i have to wait for 88 and 99 bandit
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    What have you expected? Now to take out OP in time you need best possible PvP fleet for it.
    and a BUS and 2 sloths is not the best possible PvP fleet? What are we supposed to use? the new ship thats not even out yet???
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    and a BUS and 2 sloths is not the best possible PvP fleet? What are we supposed to use? the new ship thats not even out yet???
    Depends on the base.  I'm still getting leveled by MudGluts but I'm holding my own against Sloths.  Some others can stop the gluttony but have trouble with the sloths.
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 513
    edited 7 Oct 2017, 2:56AM
    Depends on the base.  I'm still getting leveled by MudGluts but I'm holding my own against Sloths.  Some others can stop the gluttony but have trouble with the sloths.
    This. I'm stopping gluts and sloths, but anything with a rage or two in it is walking me. As for how tough the Op is, I'd venture a guess you need to look at your sloths loadout OP. I'm seeing plenty flatten maxed Op bases from outside with rage spotters using only the splash.
    "Fun" is subjective. What's fun for you may be dull for another. When you apply your subjective notion of "fun" onto another as an objective fact, you've set the standard that the only opinion that matters is your own and those kinds of people aren't much fun to be around.
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Mudgluts??? M8 im talking about the top bases in the game where everyone can stop mudgluts.. Its not that they can stop me easier (which they can nowadays with todays level of base defence) its that im making it in but still unable to kill OP even though I have 2 minutes to do it because of the OP defense buffs in bounty...
  • War_StalkeR
    War_StalkeR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,244
    akkisigg said:
    akkisigg said:
    Loco266 said:

Also the new missile is called the Clipper, and the Twinblade could be interpreted as a kind of military-ish way to say scissors.

Getting CRAFTY with the names I see =P

ahem I'll see myself out

I'm sorry, but every time I see "Twinblade" I think of a helicopter.
    I know right?! I expected it would be an omega installation that launched large helicopter like drones that attempted to suicide on attacking fleets and  exploded on impact from just speculation. Always associated "twinblades" with steampunk style flying gizmos. Was disappointed when it turned out to be a hull. 
    To be fair, I think of a specific helicopter.

One from a certain real-time strategy game released almost nine years ago.
    I'm guessing one of the C&C line, but cant remember if there was an IDF EDF unit called that or if it was from another entry.

EDIT: Please forgive if I mess up any names. I haven't played those games in years and my memory on some things is...not great.
    KA-65 Twinblade is Soviet Helicopter in Red Alert 3. EDF never existed in the 1st place in C&C, it was GDI (Global Defense Initiative) and they had Orca VTOL Assault Craft - a revolution in helicopter-building - it was first of it's kind because it used twin reactive engines instead of normal helicopter propeller - hence is the reason why you have association between it and Twinblade - they both use symmetrically mounted engines, although completely different ones.

KA-65 Twinblade:

Orca VTOL Assault Craft:

Without a face, a single word, the flames of war unify
    Sundered clouds, a blooody rain, seas that fill the sky
    Capture the gods, advance the troops, fire consumes the towers
    Forge all spirits and bloodlines into the nine killing powers!
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    edited 7 Oct 2017, 3:03AM
    akkisigg said:
    This. I'm stopping gluts and sloths, but anything with a rage or two in it is walking me. As for how tough the Op is, I'd venture a guess you need to look at your sloths loadout OP. I'm seeing plenty flatten maxed Op bases from outside with rage spotters using only the splash.
    Once again like the other person I just replied to. Im hitting top bases (he was worth 6k bounty) and im destroying the entire base but the OP because of the defense boosts.... Yes I splash plenty of lower level peoples OPs from outside. But hitting top bases it doesnt work that way especially with the 75% defense boost from bounty and all the other bonuses. It just doesnt work, there isnt enough time to even kill the OP with max firepower, and no its not my build... 

edit: also fyi, rages are useless for top level base hitting already...
  • Winterfeld
    Winterfeld
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 23
    why is it taking my clan leader 9 hrs to return home from a failed bounty hit? Now granted it was 20 sectors away from our bases. He has refreshed several times and still it says 9 hr even after an hour of watching it on its way home.
  • jcatalano
    jcatalano
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 776
    Joe_B222 said:
    jcatalano said:
    From the Bounty release notes it sais you get them while going through checkpoint 5. Im guessing you did not get to checkpoint 5 yet as it resets every day.
    no thats not what it says..

As you progress through Checkpoint 5, look for mini prizes such as tokens along Milestone markers. When your Unsecured Bounty crosses these tick marks, you will be granted the listed items. If a player loses bounty and gains it again, milestone prizes cannot be redeemed multiple times.

You copied exactly when you get the items and chests. You are reading only what you want to - the first sentence clearly states as you go through checkpoint 5.
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    My thread regarding the overpowered defenses on OP from bounty boosts making it impossible to kill high level base's OPs should not have been merged. Atleast if I could get a reply from a mod or Kix or something regarding that it would be appreciated...
  • Terrifico
    Terrifico
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 44
    My understanding is that one can't take bounty if OP is still damaged. I strted Bounty late, but I strted anyways -  I got my first bubble - 8 hrs 45 mins for OP to repair. I get my second bounty payout prior to my 4 hr bubble popping , about an hr and 1/2 after my bubble poops - I am hit again - I was actually online for both hits - I'm thinking dude can't read as he is smashing my already wounded base and going to get no bounty and just prolong my base repairs not to mention the 2 hr dock wait but to my confusion after the second hit the perp gets bounty? Secondaly what's with this constant having to select base repair? I know every time I would do anything I was constantly having to click repair base - go into a Drac Base, going into base, reloading - it's a constant so nothing in base is ever repaired it seems - all researches and such are on pause but yet dude gets to hit a wounded base and take 400+ bounty on me?? How fair is that? So wishing with all the glitches of this constant having to select repair base, my researches paused that I had opted out of said bounty -  anyone Admid wise know of what's going on here? I'm at a loss on the whole process as I'm also hearing mates hitting bases and not getting a thing yet they are absolute that the perp they hit had a repaired OP - so what is the scoop on the OP repair? a pretty frustrated pirate  Help a pirate out ?? 
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    You can take bounty as long as OP has 1 or more health.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Terrifico
    Terrifico
    Potential Threat
    TheHolsh said:
    Thks mate, so once OP strts repair it's free game no mater how much time it has left to repair - it does not have to be fully repaired as many thought - that said, why are others having the opposite when they hit a base and getting nothing?? 
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 11,055

@Terrifico said:
    TheHolsh said:

Thks mate, so once OP strts repair it's free game no mater how much time it has left to repair - it does not have to be fully repaired as many thought - that said, why are others having the opposite when they hit a base and getting nothing?? 

There is a display issue in many cases. Safest bet from experience and what other said is don't hit the 500+ bases.

Officially retired 11/11/17

Semi active as of 7-3-2019
  • Terrifico
    Terrifico
    Potential Threat
    xwolf1 said:

@Terrifico said:
    TheHolsh said:

There is a display issue in many cases. Safest bet from experience and what other said is don't hit the 500+ bases.

Can't see much of any base hitting, but thks for the info - LOL  - I'm still struggling to get my FM done, collect base prts, spent all my U on base for the bounty - which did pretty much nothing for my base but I thought hey this should help - lol I had all that U to strt OP10 and now it's gone :(  Stay Frosty :pensive:

• akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 513
    akkisigg said:
    akkisigg said:
    Loco266 said:

Also the new missile is called the Clipper, and the Twinblade could be interpreted as a kind of military-ish way to say scissors.

Getting CRAFTY with the names I see =P

ahem I'll see myself out

I'm sorry, but every time I see "Twinblade" I think of a helicopter.
    I know right?! I expected it would be an omega installation that launched large helicopter like drones that attempted to suicide on attacking fleets and  exploded on impact from just speculation. Always associated "twinblades" with steampunk style flying gizmos. Was disappointed when it turned out to be a hull. 
    To be fair, I think of a specific helicopter.

One from a certain real-time strategy game released almost nine years ago.
    I'm guessing one of the C&C line, but cant remember if there was an IDF EDF unit called that or if it was from another entry.

EDIT: Please forgive if I mess up any names. I haven't played those games in years and my memory on some things is...not great.
    KA-65 Twinblade is Soviet Helicopter in Red Alert 3. EDF never existed in the 1st place in C&C, it was GDI (Global Defense Initiative) and they had Orca VTOL Assault Craft - a revolution in helicopter-building - it was first of it's kind because it used twin reactive engines instead of normal helicopter propeller - hence is the reason why you have association between it and Twinblade - they both use symmetrically mounted engines, although completely different ones.

KA-65 Twinblade:

Orca VTOL Assault Craft:

lol oops. I knew I'd mess the acronym up. Played Tiberian Sun ages ago and never really got a chance to play RA3. Thanks for the correction and explanation though.
    "Fun" is subjective. What's fun for you may be dull for another. When you apply your subjective notion of "fun" onto another as an objective fact, you've set the standard that the only opinion that matters is your own and those kinds of people aren't much fun to be around.
  • RIP-TIDE
    RIP-TIDE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 306
    edited 7 Oct 2017, 3:57AM
    I'm a pirate,  gotta giggle getting hit by lvl 120 players,  the whales have some great fleets. 
    I'm lvl 100 tried bounty for second time, to crazy for me.   he he he

Lets have more fun next week in raid,  GL

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,245
    TheHolsh said:
    This is correct, a repairing OP is a fair game OP.