Oni Mk II's and taking down Special forces & Faction Aircraft

Patton0999
Patton0999
Greenhorn
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 5
I was wondering if Oni Mk II's are still worth keeping around and upgrading? I was also wondering what is the effective way to either take down or defeat enemy special forces & faction aircraft excluding the herald? The most common aircraft that I have come across are Hailstorms, Nimbus, Apollos, and occasionally valiants. As of right now, the most capable units that I have right now or Liberators, Spartan ZKs, detonators, Acolyte, Vindicators, Purifiers, a handful of furies, one spec op platoon, and 
  • Patton0999
    Patton0999
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 5
    I was wondering if Oni Mk II's are still worth keeping around and upgrading? I was also wondering what is the effective way to either take down or defeat enemy special forces & faction aircraft excluding the herald? The most common aircraft that I have come across are Hailstorms, Nimbus, Apollos, and occasionally valiants. As of right now, the most capable units that I have right now or Liberators, Spartan ZKs, detonators, Acolyte, Vindicators, Purifiers, a handful of furies, one spec op platoon, and 
    a platoon consisting of one hellhound, one jackal and one warhorse.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,001
    The most effective way in my opinion to shoot down most of the Faction unit aircraft is to use sustain damage units as Airborne units are generally very weak to sustain damage so the unit of choice should be Liberators. However, you should avoid using Liberators against Apollos and other Area Damage units as they are very effective against infantry which means you need to have something to outrun Apollos. Nimbuses on the other hand can be conquered with Liberators as they are generally not as durable and not as effective against faction infantry units.

The Hellhound could be an effective unit against both the Apollo and Nimbus as it's fast moving and can shoot while moving which means it can dodge all the  slow moving projectiles and still damage the unit at the same time.

You final question is about Oni Mk.II which is a unit I haven't used but can be effective to take down critical targets like Bunkers in a base because of there movement movement speed and range. The Oni can also target airborne buildings and has high damage which means they can still be used in many situations.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • Endor
    Endor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 660
    Oni's can be used to take down bunkers, in certain circumstances. The bigger issue is their repair time, and how much space they take up in an air plat as a suicide unit, that could be used by other units. Bunkers can also be taken down by other means, such as missiles.