Unity Player

Eric_D_01
Eric_D_01
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 97
Firefox keeps asking me to install the Unity Player. Half a dozen installs should do it. Is there something I need to change??
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,677
    You must be on version 52 or earlier of Firefox to have NPAPI support for Unity Webplayer.

I strongly recommend playing from Steam instead.

*Moving thread to Community Support*
    WC:RA/BP Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Eric_D_01
    Eric_D_01
    Potential Threat
    Not a fan of Steam, slow and choppy while watching battles, mouse clicks seem to go unanswered, bloated and intrusive software just to run a game.   The game did play though.

I was able to get back in here through Internet Explorer, the game seems to run much better/smoother here.  Was using Pale Moon but a virus (Yelloader)  has screwed up a lot of things. So Pale Moon now thinks every page is a threat.

I'm working on getting Pale Moon back up, but for now Internet Explorer is working fine. 
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591
    Ideally you make the move to Steam and make that work, to be honest.  The browsers pulled support for the Unity player a while ago.  And before you blame Kixeye, it's not something that was wholly in their control; the game first ran on Flash, which thanks its security vulnerabilities was unreliable.  They then made the move to Unity, but then Google decided to pull support for numerous plugins.  Steam or mobile is the only reliable platform going forward. 

For reference, see articles:
    https://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/10/08/unity-web-player-roadmap/
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/49452/what-browsers-are-supported.html
    https://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/05/28/web-publishing-following-chrome-npapi-deprecation/

Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • Eric_D_01
    Eric_D_01
    Potential Threat
    Again, not a fan of Steam. Meaning, I'm not using it, for the reasons mentioned above.
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    What are your system specs, if you don't mind me asking? 
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • Eric_D_01
    Eric_D_01
    Potential Threat

The information would be irrelevant to this discussion.  I'm not going to alter a computer to run a game through another site/program when it runs as it should through this web site. I'm also not going to open up an Asus machine that still has 8 months left on the 1-year warranty to pacify Steam's software. 

This is not my first interaction with Steam, been occasionally playing games there for years.

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Well, okay then.  As long as you're happy and you can find a platform that works for you.   I just wanted to make sure you were absolutely clear about the status of the web portal versions.