lets make conversation

Sniker
Sniker
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,456
Hi
I very strangely seem to return to this forum every 6 months literally, I logged on and it says "last on 6 months ago", which weirdly said exactly the same 6 months ago when i logged on, a year ago, a year and a half etc. It's like a pattern where I just remember kixeye unintentionally, every 6 months

How is everyone?
Hello, Signature Readers!
Backyard Monsters Player - Level 44 - Level 10 Town Hall - Never Playing Again....
Battle Pirates Player - Level 17 - Never Play the Game unless asked to!
War Commander Player - Level 26 - Rarely ever play this game anymore!
VEGA Conflict Player - Level 28 - Usually playing this Game, Section 2200!
BYM: Unleashed Player - Will start playing New Year, require an iPod Charger atm, lol!

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,781

Not doing too bad myself, just started my third year at university. Yourself? Good of you to check in once in a while.

• Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 11,945
    I drive a cop car.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,839
    I maneuver a plank with 4 wheels on it.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 5,892
    edited 29 Sep 2017, 7:38PM
    I'm well and I have played a decent amount of Halo recently if you don't count the things that could be defined as real life.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Sniker
    Sniker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yard said:

Not doing too bad myself, just started my third year at university. Yourself? Good of you to check in once in a while.

That's really good. I'm close to university myself, one more year, I'm hoping. 
    Hyperius said:
    I drive a cop car.

i'M Proud
    Backyard Monsters Player - Level 44 - Level 10 Town Hall - Never Playing Again....
    BYM: Unleashed Player - Will start playing New Year, require an iPod Charger atm, lol!

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 304
    So... a skateboard?
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Sniker said:
    How is everyone?
    Im still alive, so... Im guessing Im doing OK lol.
  • Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,839

@Thane_Mantis said:
    Initial_Degeneration said:

So... a skateboard?

possibly...

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Hyperius said:
    I drive a cop car.
    When did you start driving a cop car?
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,758
    I was recently in a community of 3000 that only has road access to the rest of the world for about 12 weeks in the winter.
    But they have 365/24 wifi and high-speed internet via fiber optic cables.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    No..Beard said:
    I was recently in a community of 3000 that only has road access to the rest of the world for about 12 weeks in the winter.
    How come their only able to access the outside for 12 weeks in Winter and not the rest of the year? Whats the deal there?
    Also, was it any fun or good being part of that community? Was it worth it for the wifi speeds lol.
  • PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 2,986
    I'm still alive unfortunately.
    Moo
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,758
    No..Beard said:
    How come their only able to access the outside for 12 weeks in Winter and not the rest of the year? Whats the deal there?
    Also, was it any fun or good being part of that community? Was it worth it for the wifi speeds lol.
    By 'in a community' I meant a brief visit, not 'became a member of'

It is a remote First Nation community that is more than 100km away from any other place, and the terrain is rocky, boggy, muskeg, stony hills, etc, so real roads are difficult. Instead, they rely on ice roads (available in winter only) to transport all of their bulky goods, like building materials, fuel, durable goods, etc. Otherwise, anything else you want pretty well has to be flown in.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• AncientViper
    AncientViper
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 11,364
    Sniker said:
    Hi
    I very strangely seem to return to this forum every 6 months literally, I logged on and it says "last on 6 months ago", which weirdly said exactly the same 6 months ago when i logged on, a year ago, a year and a half etc. It's like a pattern where I just remember kixeye unintentionally, every 6 months

How is everyone?
    Hey Sniker,
    I do remember that blue monster profile picture you had.
    Corrosive Dragons are green.
    Corrosive Dragons are acidic.
    AncientViper is immune to acidic materials and poison.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 1 Oct 2017, 8:16PM
    Sniker said:
    Hi

How is everyone?
    Hey Sniker,
    I think the current profile picture was to mess with me as it's the same as my Halo Waypoint profile picture. The last time he logged in was around the april fools day if I remember correctly.

Here is my Halo Waypoint profile if you are curious. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/curiousgalaxy91

I do also have to add that this is my default gamertag which means I do still have the free name change remaining until I come up with the perfect gamertag.

I'm also pretty sure that Sniker is one of the actual moderator on the Halo Waypoint forums with the gamertag snickerdoodle.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Axel L said:
    Sniker said:
    Hi

How is everyone?
    Hey Sniker,
    I think the current profile picture was to mess with me as it's the same as my Halo Waypoint profile picture. The last time he logged in was around the april fools day if I remember correctly.
    Or it could be a coincidence.
    Axel L said:
    Here is my Halo Waypoint profile if you are curious. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/curiousgalaxy91
    "The one and only Unicorn Overlord"
    -Axel, Halo Waypoint Profile description

Lol, I count like 12 other Overlords, at least 7 (not counting you) of which are still active within these forums alone on a regular basis. If we start counting the others who seldom visit these forums but operate outside within others, such as Felhunter, Tacoman and Master of Warring that makes 10 other overlords. Im not sure that claim of being "one and only Unicorn Overlord" entirely accurate Axel, lol.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

Who's the overlord with the oldest account? I feel like I'm a contender but I'm not sure I quite take top spot there.

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 3 Oct 2017, 11:44PM
    Yard said:

Who's the overlord with the oldest account? I feel like I'm a contender but I'm not sure I quite take top spot there.

If we only count frequent O_T posters and only count still active forum-goers, I think that honour goes to No.. Beard. I was originally going to say you Yard before I noticed No.. Beard preceeded you by about 5 months. Like you said though, you're definitely a contender. Might make it into the top 10 if a formal list were made, a bit like the old postings leaderboard we had around here.

If we start counting people outside those criteria, and assuming that we don't dismiss anyone who has one of the special KIXEYE ranks like "KIXEYE CS" or just "KIXEYE" and so on, there's possibly Q Rich. He doesn't seem to have an official join date per se, but since the mans clocked up 35K+ posts, I think its safe to say he's been around for a long bloody_ time, very possibly before any of us lot here.

A few other contenders could include, though they don't take top spot so to speak SansNickel, Backyard Bob, Blazing_Darkness, and probably a few more besides. If I find more names I'll formalize the list to keep track.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 2 Oct 2017, 1:44AM
    PalTheCow said:
    I'm still alive unfortunately.
    Why unfortunately?
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

Backyard Bib, I forgot about that account. Fairly sure it was a shared account by all BYM staff that was just used for posting announcements and updates.

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

I meant Backyard Bob, but mobile is a piece of **** that doesn't let you edit.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yard said:

Use a Computer.
    Image result for computer gif
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 11,945
    Yard said:

If we start counting people outside those criteria, and assuming that we don't dismiss anyone who has one of the special KIXEYE ranks like "KIXEYE CS" or just "KIXEYE" and so on, there's possibly Q Rich. He doesn't seem to have an official join date per se, but since the mans clocked up 35K+ posts, I think its safe to say he's been around for a long **** time, very possibly before any of us lot here.
    May 2010.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 3 Oct 2017, 11:49PM
    Yard said:

Yeah. KIXEYE need to do something about mobile cause its atrocious. I avoid it like the plague and I almost never post through it.
    I wonder if KIXEYE had plans for improving it but scrapped them. Maybe thats what that CM guy was referencing when they claimed (lol) 4 freaking years ago about them "just getting started" on the site or whatever.
    Hyperius said:
    Yard said:

If we start counting people outside those criteria, and assuming that we don't dismiss anyone who has one of the special KIXEYE ranks like "KIXEYE CS" or just "KIXEYE" and so on, there's possibly Q Rich. He doesn't seem to have an official join date per se, but since the mans clocked up 35K+ posts, I think its safe to say he's been around for a long **** time, very possibly before any of us lot here.
    May 2010.
    Cheers Hyperius. By the sounds of it so far, Q Rich is so far the oldest known Overlord, beating No.. Beard by a month.
    Here, how come Q Rich and a few other random forum-goers lack a listen join date? Whats up with that?

Also, unrelated, but did you censor my original post?
    EDIT: Never mind, that doesn't seem to be the case. I did a test and found KIXEYE seems to have had some auto-word censor installed. And it doesn't like the word bloody_ for some reason. Fixed my previous post so it can be read properly.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 3 Oct 2017, 11:47PM
    EDIT: Ignore this post. Was using it to briefly test censorship feature.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 4 Oct 2017, 3:57PM
    Here, is anyone around here going to be watching the Google Keynote later today?
    All kinds of cool new sh*t is set to be announced.
  • Sniker
    Sniker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Sniker said:
    Hi

How is everyone?
    Hey Sniker,

I do also have to add that this is my default gamertag which means I do still have the free name change remaining until I come up with the perfect gamertag.

I'm also pretty sure that Sniker is one of the actual moderator on the Halo Waypoint forums with the gamertag snickerdoodle.
    What? This just a random picture I picked a while ago lol. I don't even play Halo

I wish I still had my 2010 Account (****), but it got permanently banned since most my comments were single letters trying to get high post rates ****

• Sniker
    Sniker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Well I just went through the search for both my 2010 accounts, and one is deleted, and the other looks like its taken by another user. Sad :/

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Sniker said:
    Axel L said:
    Sniker said:
    Hi

How is everyone?
    Hey Sniker,

What? This just a random picture I picked a while ago lol. I don't even play Halo

I wish I still had my 2010 Account (****), but it got permanently banned since most my comments were single letters trying to get high post rates ****
    Nice try as that is not a coincidence that you changed to that specific picture at that specific time.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Sniker said:
    Well I just went through the search for both my 2010 accounts, and one is deleted, and the other looks like its taken by another user. Sad :/
    How did another account of yours get taken over? What happened there?
    Axel L said:
    Sniker said:

Nice try as that is not a coincidence that you changed to that specific picture at that specific time.
    Axel, considering the popularity of Halo it very well could be a coincidence that Sniker has the same profile pic as Snickerdoodle. Run a search for Halo through Google images and its not long before you arrive at the same image Sniker uses. Same if you search Master Chief.