How can I catchup?

The Exile-S2K
The Exile-S2K
Strike-force Captain
Joined May 2012 Posts: 669
Oh boy. So I am a very very old VEGA player, I have a beta ID, woah cool. I am really really outdated in tech, 
https://puu.sh/xu8SP/be0f17538d.png

Just about the only good tech I have right now is Manifold I, Vector Torpedo I, Aurora Ray II, Burst Ray I, and Nova Ray I. I don't know how I can catch up the fastest way possible but I would like to know so I can get into the game again since I've been on and off for a while. This time I intend to stay.

mmm
  • Starchaser2014
    Starchaser2014
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 38

Upgrade your bridge /fleetbay /storages and factory continously to max (takes several months). Try to get more dps weapons/a carrier + squads in planet or sector strike. Try to grind for a guardian hull +tech in the many events that will come during the several months you will be upgrading. If you can make it that far, you will have the persistence to continue but not that by that time, your top stuff is already out of date.... (if vega hasn't stopped by then anyway)

• xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111
    Be careful not to throw away any thing.  The hull that is possibly obsolete may be useful in many scenario's.  If one plans to get res in planet and or sector events  look to have many hulls to use.  I find that even with the longer repair time having many hulls of the proper type is advantage.  Unfortunately the next phase is almost here.  Ask around and find out what others are using. 
  • Ceres I
    Ceres I
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 33

You are screwed. Quit now

• duane.farthing
    duane.farthing
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 55
    edited 13 Nov 2017, 10:12PM
    hit all the different strikes out there and grab all the tech possible and upgrade everything. Getting the MK ups is a huge advantage to the lower tiers they help a lot. Learn how to pilot and get in a good clan that will help you learn and don't throw away any ship you have already made. You would be surprised with how many times I have relied on the older tech and ships to help me get the current tech. Make auto fleets, they can fill in the gap when you have exhausted your main fleets.
  • iCore102
    iCore102
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 347
    Im also a long time player and have recently been going inactive because of how badly kixeye has been **** up.. I used to play 3+ hours DAILY, but now i dont clock in more than an hour a week. Theres no point in playing the game anymore. Theres no skill required to pilot ships, theres no balance in the game, theres just coins.

You can get top notch gear and elite mark upgrades on everything with coins, but theres no point to that either because theres a new faction every few months. ****, we havent even received all of the axis hulls yet and they released the maurader faction. To add to that, theres new damage types that are being added at random to ensure that your ship takes damage in events, forcing you to coin.

At the end of the day, the game is dead. Theres no point in playing, Kixeye is simply milking what they can before the game shuts down for good.
  • Bigfr0
    Bigfr0
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 63
    iCore102 said:
    Im also a long time player and have recently been going inactive because of how badly kixeye has been **** up.. I used to play 3+ hours DAILY, but now i dont clock in more than an hour a week. Theres no point in playing the game anymore. Theres no skill required to pilot ships, theres no balance in the game, theres just coins.

You can get top notch gear and elite mark upgrades on everything with coins, but theres no point to that either because theres a new faction every few months. ****, we havent even received all of the axis hulls yet and they released the maurader faction. To add to that, theres new damage types that are being added at random to ensure that your ship takes damage in events, forcing you to coin.

At the end of the day, the game is dead. Theres no point in playing, Kixeye is simply milking what they can before the game shuts down for good.
    This.  This.  This some more.  No need to catch up until they fix the game.  Cut build times by 95%, cut refit times by 95%, add a refit bay and stop with the event spam. 
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,785
    To catchup you'll need to buy lots and lots of coins...
  • mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,137

Best recommendation
    "Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.