When I started this game I had no clue what I was doing, so I would come to forums and ask questions. I got some wonderful help from the community and the CM/MOD team that was here then.
What we see in forums now is a player that comes here and ask a legitimate question. Before a community member or the CM/MOD team can try and help a troll has belittled them because they didn't know the answer to their own question. We have the posters that come here to rant with 'WTFKIX, you broke the game, fix it'. The team has been talking to some players, they only come here to read the update notes or event briefing and leave. They have no desire to post in forums due to the toxicity level we currently have.
Going forward, the rules will be enforced. The rules are in place to keep order and promote a non-hostile environment for players to seek help, ask questions, discuss issues and find out information.
The official post is here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
For those that want to see them now:
KIXEYE.COM COMMUNITY RULES
- Abusive Language and Disruptive Behavior: We do not tolerate abusive language or disruptive behavior on our site. This goes for abusive and disruptive comments and behavior that are directed at a KIXEYE employee and community member, alike. Please remember to be respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, and help us maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all.
- Advertising: We do not allow advertising on our site. This includes, but is not limited to, advertisements and promotions for the following:
- Outside businesses and services
- Other games
- Unless you are on the “KIXEYE Off-Topic” forum
- Any venture that results in monetary profit
- Attempts to sell your Game Account.
We do not consider the promotion of alliances, fan sites, and fan groups, or the activities and content thereof, to be advertising. Please feel free to let KIXEYE community members know all about your Alliance, fan site, or fan group! Simply keep in mind that you may not promote your Alliance, fan site, or fan group if you are looking to turn a monetary profit by doing so.
- Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation: We do not tolerate the deliberate and malicious spreading of false info or conspiracy theories about KIXEYE, its game(s), or its employees. This does not include honest mistakes; rather, this rule pertains to those who go out of their way to spread harmful or malicious rumors about KIXEYE and its employees, or the games we create.
- Cursing and Profanity: As many of our games are PvP games we do expect some amount of trash talking to occur. Good-natured debating and discussion is fine, and constructive criticism is welcomed and encouraged. Posts, discussions or chat messages deemed not constructive, or otherwise inappropriate, are not allowed. This includes:
Additionally, attacks upon KIXEYE employees will not be tolerated. We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including KIXEYE employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.
- Unnecessarily rude or insulting language
- personal attacks
- hate speech
- inflammatory posts or messages.
- Demands and Threats: We encourage you to share feedback, suggestion, and requests with us, but we expect all of our community members to refrain from resorting to demands or threats. We believe that demands and threats are not constructive. Threats of real-life violence, in particular, are something we take very seriously and do not tolerate within the KIXEYE community.
- Deliberately Disobeying a KIXEYE Employee or member of the Community team: Deliberately disobeying a request or action by a member of the KIXEYE Team is not permitted at any time. As an example, if we close a thread you created and leave an explanation stating why it was closed, you may not re-create the thread. Instead feel free to PM a moderator or Community Manager for more information about why your thread was closed.
- Discussing Disciplinary Actions: If you ever have questions or concerns about a disciplinary action or decision we have made on the forums or in chat, or wish to appeal a forum warning or infraction you’ve received, we ask that you please do so by contacting either a Moderator, or Community Manager via private message (please specify that you are contacting about a forum or chat related inquiry or appeal). We do not allow discussion of any moderation actions or decisions on our forums.
- If you have questions or concerns about an in-game disciplinary action, please contact our Support team via ticket as we cannot assist with this on the forums, or in chat.
- All posts on the forums regarding forum or in-game discipline actions will be removed and cause for your forum account to be banned.
- Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official KIXEYE forums or in Chat, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
- Goodbye/Quitting Threads: We understand that sometimes people will leave the KIXEYE community, and want to post a “goodbye” or “quitting” thread. Generally, we have found that “goodbye” and “quitting” threads have a tendency to go downhill fast. It is our policy to read the feedback in “goodbye” and “quitting” threads and close them, regardless of whether they are constructive or not.
- Hate Speech: KIXEYE takes the use of hate speech very seriously in the official in our community, and have an absolute zero tolerance policy. If you violate this rule you will be banned with no exception. Our definition of hate speech is prejudice or hateful comments, slurs, or statements that promote violence or intolerance toward others because of the following:
- National Origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Any other personally identifying factors
Please help us ensure that everyone feels welcome and free to participate on the official KIXEYE forums and in chat.
- Impersonation: We do not tolerate impersonation of any kind on the KIXEYE Forums or in chat, and take impersonation attempts very seriously when they do occur. Impersonation includes using a display name, photos, posts, or any other material with the intent to fool people into believing you are a KIXEYE employee, another community member, a celebrity, or anyone else you are not.
- Inappropriate Content and Language: Certain topics and subjects are deemed inappropriate and not permitted on the official KIXEYE forums or in chat. Things that we consider inappropriate are usually illegal, extremely volatile or violent, obscene, vulgar, or simply inappropriate for an official game forum such as ours. Inappropriate content on the KIXEYE forums or chat includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Extreme violence
- Illegal substances and activities
- Pirated copyright-protected material
- Discussing suspected cheaters or hackers
- Discussing cheats or hacks
- **** and other sexually explicit topics
- Real-world religion and politics
- Tasteless, vulgar, or obscene material
- Attempting to sell your game account
- Malicious Links: We do not tolerate the posting of malicious links on our site for any reason. This includes links to pornographic material, key-loggers, and browser hijackers, but also includes links to private game server sites, phishing scams, and sites that sell in-game currencies.
- We greatly appreciate when our community members wish to report a harmful or misleading KIXEYE game site to us, but please do not do so on the official forums or in chat. If you discover a site you want to report to us, please report them via a Support Ticket.
- Names in Thread Titles: Please refrain from placing the names of KIXEYE employees or community members in your thread titles. Directing a thread at a specific individual, or otherwise using a thread to call someone out, is not considered constructive. If you need to get a hold of a specific community member, please send them a private message.
- Naming-and-Shaming: We do not allow posts or threads that are created for the purpose of “naming-and-shaming” other community member(s).
- “Naming-and-shaming” is the act of creating a post to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming.
- Generally, naming-and-shaming involves an in-game situation and/or Terms of Service violation, which the Community Team is unable to assist with. A certain amount of rivalry and competitive razzing is healthy for any game community, especially considering our games revolve around PVP elements, but naming-and-shaming goes well beyond that. It typically elevates to a point where the subject feels legitimately harassed. We believe that naming-and-shaming posts and threads can be abused and are very harmful to the community. We also don't feel that publicly calling out or accusing others by name on our forums, or in chat, is in spirit of the game or our community. If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them via a Support Ticket— do not bring the situation onto the official KIXEYE community forums or chat.
- Personal Information: For the sake of your own identity protection and personal privacy, we ask that you please do not share any personal information ever, especially on the official KIXEYE forums or chat, this includes the posting of Support Ticket replies which will be removed from the forums. This also goes for sharing another community member’s personal information — doing so is not only considered malicious behavior, but it is a violation of our Terms of Service and something we take very seriously.
- Petitions and Protests: We do not allow petitions or protests on our forums or in chat. Due to the fact that both promote the use of demands and replies that consist of “/signed” or little else, we feel that neither encourage nor allow for meaningful and constructive discussion. Instead of using a petition or protest, we recommend presenting your thoughts as a request or suggestion so everyone in the community can discuss it.
- Selling, Trading, and Sharing Game Accounts: The act of selling, trading, or sharing your KIXEYE account is a violation of our Terms of Service. As such, we also do not allow discussion about selling, trading, or sharing game accounts on our forums or in chat.
- Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official KIXEYE forums, or within chat. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:
- Posting the same message more than once
- Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content
- Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation
- Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the KIXEYE Community Team
- Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.
- Thread Bumping: Please refrain from replying to discussion threads for the sole purpose of “bumping” them. This is considered to be a form of spam because it does not add to the discussion in a constructive or meaningful way. We understand that everyone would like to keep their discussion active and visible, but we encourage you to strive for meaningful and constructive posts instead of posts that consist of nothing more than “Bump!”
- Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable on the official KIXEYE forums. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the KIXEYE Community Team, and leave it at that.
If you feel a member of the MOD team has violated the rules going forward, contact CM Chris.
I hope we can all work together and make this happen as it would better the community and game as a whole.