About to give up

mark.barth.79
mark.barth.79
Greenhorn
Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 4
edited 20 Aug 2017, 4:12PM
Every build I try for zelos tank fails, about to give up on this XXXXXX game. If I do figure it out Kix then changes every thing and I have to syart all over again. As a result Ive stopped spending on game as it is less fun and more aggravation. Shame, Ive been playing a long time. PLEASE KIX STOP GRABBING FOR OUR WALLETS.

MOD Edit: Removed profanity as it violates the forums posting rules. Laredo
  • Post your build... Zelos is a pretty straight forward build for a tank..
  • I struggled until I looked at YouTube on a Zelos tank build. After I got it right, it opened up tons of content. Not to harp on you, but at your level, you should have a grasp on this build cycle..... Me, lvl68 I believe..
  • UberFoX360
    UberFoX360
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 686
    http://www.forsakencouncil.co.uk/ship-fleet this page is always a good start when you are not sure what build to use.
  • Boater
    Boater
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 224
    Laredo said:
    Every build I try for zelos tank fails, about to give up on this XXXXXX game. If I do figure it out Kix then changes every thing and I have to syart all over again. As a result Ive stopped spending on game as it is less fun and more aggravation. Shame, Ive been playing a long time. PLEASE KIX STOP GRABBING FOR OUR WALLETS.

Here is a Zelos build that may help you. https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship#!000I01U1T0X0H1T1734440C5K1A1A1A1A525757572857282828280ZZ0ZZ0ZZ0ZZdD 
    I use this with heavy plating 3 works great in 113.s , cause u dont need a lot of speed.
  • Emperor Vader
    Emperor Vader
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 221
    Laredo said:

Here is a Zelos build that may help you. https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship#!000I01U1T0X0H1T1734440C5K1A1A1A1A525757572857282828280ZZ0ZZ0ZZ0ZZdD 
    THIS is what Mods should be doing... Good on you, Laredo.
    The Mods have been doing a lot better lately. I give them all props along with Major Rampage.
  • Cap'n Deadpool
    Cap'n Deadpool
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,793
    edited 21 Aug 2017, 11:13AM
    Laredo said:

THIS is what Mods should be doing... Good on you, Laredo.
    The Mods have been doing a lot better lately. I give them all props along with Major Rampage.
    Off topic 
    specs
  • Tan Lm
    Tan Lm
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 78
    I am using just Zelos with 2 hailstorm D and 2 Phalanxes 4 just fine, hit 88 with 0 damage if I be careful. 5 88s is Tier 4.....but 36 88s for Tier 5 is not for the careless hands. lol. 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

• The_Judged
    The_Judged
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 142
    https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!FP0I0424342430I44345K172L2A2A5G5G5G5G28282828282852280ZZ0ZZ0ZZ0ZZdD
    here's mine... Dont forget.. its not really what you put on it... its RANK that plays the roll here.. for good countermeasures to be effective you just need lots of rank. can do just as good with D2-m as with charged armors. This ship takes 4 min damage in 113's when I DON'T drive carefully. If I drive good it takes none.
  • Papa Cap
    Papa Cap
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 295
    This build works pretty well for my other account (this account has x charged armors, which I assume you don't have).  I could get by without the tridents, since the point is to never get close enough to need them in a 113.  They just help me escape if I get too close by accident.  Since Kixeye has essentially given away 2 fully-built instant Icebreakers through TLCs, I like to put one in my fleet and use it as the tank for that turret cluster just left of the gate on the 113, and to take out the fleet that comes in from the North midway through the target.  I know that means I'm taking damage that other players say they're not taking, but that's the spot where my Zelos gets overpowered by the sheer number of mortars coming at it.  Using the icebreaker to take damage at that point of the target leaves my Zelos near full health for the final sets of turrets in the 113.  Since I have 2 Icebreakers, I can go swap the other one in then take out a second 113, which makes the FM go faster.  Note the importance of getting pieces of your build to R15 in the Retro Lab.

If you're looking at smaller targets like the 88, the fleet behind this tank will take no damage unless I really mess up or encounter a flash crash or lag at the wrong moment.  Try to maximize splash on your mortar chuckers.  I got my Monos to +234% splash, which is extremely helpful since it expands the area that's taking damage, ultimately leaving me with fewer individual turrets to hit, so fewer opportunities to mess up.

https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship#!C00I00Y0Y0Y0Y0Y1733372L5K1B1B1B1B521B5G5G5G5G282828280ZZ0ZZ0ZZ0ZZdD
    Launched: 5/17/2014  Current Level: 91
  • kixeyeuser_1402830068216_100002675560901
    kixeyeuser_1402830068216_100002675560901
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 353
    edited 21 Aug 2017, 11:09AM

Trolling is against forum rules
    specs
  • mark.barth.79
    mark.barth.79
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 4

I am as of now done with this game, after purchasing the Mono fleet that was offered with the promise of performance that it will help me to do better in new FM and finding that it gets ripped to shreds because  you need to have charged armor to do the new FM and it did not come equipped with the the charged armor. FOR $100.00 IT SHOULD HAVE COME PROPERLY EQUIPPED!!!!! I feel totally ripped off, and I feel like a fool for trusting Kixeye, as it seems that they're investors bottom line is more important then the people who are spending they're hard earned money. It used to be such an awesome game but you've ruined it made it all about money and took all the fun out of it. VERY VERY ANGRY!!! I'm sure no one from kix will read this and if they did they won't care. They only notice apparently notice if you curse. To anyone still playing that reads this Happy Hunting.
  • fluFFy2007
    fluFFy2007
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 288
    HARRIER MISSILE, 3X PHALANX 4, 5X TRIDENT(SPRINT BETTER BUT FOR ZELOS IT'S OK) 6X GALE 1. SFB 3, RA3, SS5 SO YOU CAN DRIVE IT BETTER WITH SLOWER MONOS, GS3 SB3 OR 4 AND FINALLY 5X C1-X. VERY ESSENTIAL TO THE BUILD. DEFENSIVE ARTS TLC WILL BE LATER ON. YOU CAN GET THIS ARMOR. THIS IS MY BUILD, WITH CAREFUL  DRIVING IT'S INSTANT OR JUST ABOVE 5MINS REPAIR. HOPE THIS HELPS
    i refuse to coin. i'll wait
  • Bob_62
    Bob_62
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 161
    edited 14 Nov 2017, 8:04PM
    a hundred bucks?  **** ya it should gave the chgd armor

ETA:  *Heck*
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,015

I am as of now done with this game, after purchasing the Mono fleet that was offered with the promise of performance that it will help me to do better in new FM and finding that it gets ripped to shreds because  you need to have charged armor to do the new FM and it did not come equipped with the the charged armor. FOR $100.00 IT SHOULD HAVE COME PROPERLY EQUIPPED!!!!! I feel totally ripped off, and I feel like a fool for trusting Kixeye, as it seems that they're investors bottom line is more important then the people who are spending they're hard earned money. It used to be such an awesome game but you've ruined it made it all about money and took all the fun out of it. VERY VERY ANGRY!!! I'm sure no one from kix will read this and if they did they won't care. They only notice apparently notice if you curse. To anyone still playing that reads this Happy Hunting.
    I'm curious
    what promise of performance did they give you when you purchased that fleet?
    what resources did you use to learn to drive it?
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • follow.tiffers
    follow.tiffers
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 289
    pile of tridents

"First, I want to make it clear that our users are the lifeblood of this game. Your happiness is our primary objective and everything that we do to improve the game is aimed at increasing it."  Will Harbin. CEO, Kixeye.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14,426
    Closing 3 month old thread.
This discussion has been closed.