{POLL} Is the current player base happy?

Frankv
Frankv
Strike-force Captain
Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 719
edited 11 Aug 2017, 1:28PM
the titel might say it all, but a poll might say more. numbers do more then words in the economical politic kixeye office.
we discuss this matter on daily base in the comment. lets make a (civilized) discussion here!
we might still enjoy this game, as lovers of space, spacecraft and pewpew. lasors and explosios suffice our needs!

below are a few options for you to pick, with no bullshit options. we (the player base) are clearly unhappy in loads of the forum posts. not discussing any particular change, just how the game grew into its current state. with a quick peek at the past.

you could (optional) highlight your biggest nuisance about vega right now in your comment, but utterly this post is about its numbers to make a stamp on this forum.

Remember! keep it civil! try to hold back the inner troll in you!

please dont go off topic here. discuss off topic discussions in private chat or another post.
thanx rebels!

{POLL} Is the current player base happy? 276 votes

happy: I am (still) a regular coiner and i like the current state of the game
1%
LeonHallGeneral HowlerBradford Duffy 3 votes
happy: i am a free to play player and i like the current state of the game
3%
ArdCapt AntaresMilo_jaSynexordS H E E Polikixjaredfiorimadbadger69ron ZZJean-paul AlbriLoneGrizzlyBear 11 votes
neutral: i am (still) a regular coiner and i dont play as i used to
5%
sf6donLftKhaosfirestomAtlas707koshnaranekrussell1957ImmanuelKantReatchonlyfuzzyEagle-XWeaselosBetaJPBr0k3nL1m1tsKEWLLEWKZach Creagh-Coen 15 votes
neutral: i am a free to play player and i dont play as i used to
19%
MysticalJimenChingStud 186japito1000The Face Less ManKybrikFrankvarcangel04Memnarch1016Master of WarringHlias SchumacherAphaii KuroAaron ChiuTechSY730Andrew CoverleySpam_pltvblackroninJogiK_666bupemkoMateoski 55 votes
unsatisfied: i was (or still am) a regular coiner and i often (don't) play anymore
38%
Johnnie HernandezRedBaron042War DoctorLykaios WolfpackProtopopotIceman1159Teyshanmason.dixenORIGINAL GOOGENNova_SolisterJonnyd1Joey_PiRedShift VegaLordErebusmkfalangaCotisomcalduffOne OF Borgjameis13pax.rebellion 107 votes
unsatisfied: i am a free to play player and i almost never play anymore
20%
EQUINOX 600camelot10FiwarelliRyantheRedangel_xxBabyGrootKiller KelzAngeluzxDTERMINATOR3261oktoberfestscifimcloverStarchaser2014Phil Penhallowow3n.jadeSuperBad Elysvl@sMr Nice45WideTrackAttacksandboxkidSexy Foxy 56 votes
very unsatisfied: i quit and/or only play vega for its cool concept barely twice a month (here for the space people)
10%
HarpoonoZenithRAZOR_WIREOld School VC playerSokarOSPjoolexBridgeWallDuke of DukesKing Zeus1Steven282Aky B0ltradiersiFalgarthsonRavenDBSofiaksithpbUkropchikJace CenturionLong duck dongChris BarnardJames Faction 29 votes
  • kixeyeuser_1392497175873_100007758274433
    kixeyeuser_1392497175873_100007758274433
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 382
    I don't like the phases, I am not sure if this is on purpose to slow down my progress, but even with the right ships I have an average of only two Ancient Reapers per phase, so even though I wish to crash all my ships to the ground and have a good amount of repairs, I would much rather do that than wait another day to get the Mk 3 Paladin with the 140 Patterns that are needed. Sometimes I would get lucky and get a single pattern and it was more enjoyable. 
  • STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920
    Sub65 combat is for actual skilled fighters... 65+ (lvl80+ fleets) just shows how **** rich you are...
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 866
    ..Inner Troll Rock, Paper, Scissors choice of answer not applicable.

Thanks,

MVK
  • MoxMax
    MoxMax
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 669
    Very poor poll which doesn't deserve a vote since voting options are worded so badly that many players can't give accurate enough answer. For example there should be an option where people can say that they are seriously thinking of quitting or just delete text after options and remove neutral since it is a bad unrealistic option.
  • Worthington3
    Worthington3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 713
    Problem is he's actually asking 2 questions :
    1. Happy? Yes/No
    2. Coiner? Yes/No
    Being an 'occasional coiner' myself (cause money doesn't grow on trees you know), I never wanted to be able to compete with 'the best', Instead, I pick and choose what tech/hulls I go after carefully. And I design fleets to hunt various targets for when the inevitable point nerfs happen. Right now, I'm the closest to where I want to be that I've ever been (I have 'only' about 2.5 months of builds & refits to go to have all the fleets I want finished).

Of course I know that at least half of those targets will either change or be outright removed in those 2.5 months. But that's life for you.
    http://i.imgur.com/QYnxhWI.gif
  • The Face Less Man
    The Face Less Man
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 664
    edited 11 Aug 2017, 6:37PM
    I would say since it is a pay to win game and it slowly evolved to be a full blown P2W it has lost its appeal over the past few years along with some players.

I only paid for my commerce module and maxed it out with some help from alliance and I only use the coins for events. Other than events or special days I don't play often since there isn't really much to do along with the fact that the crafting system neeeds fixed (why not make all crafting like axis and remove the lvl of patterns since who is gonna hit several crazy to beat targets just for a handful of patterns), repairs need fixed (as most have seen a full axis fleet of guardians takes 2+ days to fix if built right ), and bases need fixed or updated with better equipment since xeno/axis fleets can plow through most bases with just a few snipers, and bases don't have alien resistance, along with the fact most modules have less health than a full punisher making modules easy to bash with the extra module damage from the xeno/axis fleets.Then not to mention the squadrons on bases don't do much since they are shot down very easily.

Enjoy your void bacon muffins and good hunting rebels.
  • LordErebus
    LordErebus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 247
    unsatisfied: i was (or still am) a regular coiner and i often (don't) play anymore
    I coined a fleet of every xeno ship to mk6 out there but the last 2 months have been coin free and somehow with top of the line xeno mk6 ships in my farm fleets i am struggling not gonna coin if a few thousand dollar investment over 4 months can't hold up for 2 months 
    Erebus LVL 69
    Kixeye give everyone 10 billion coins for sticking it out with you this far
  • Nazwreck
    Nazwreck
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 2

I am a casual player that works a busy job so as opposed to grinding and farming I don't mind spending a little on games that I feel are worth the investment. I brought my $$ here from another game that was going downhill. I am considering doing the same now. With the ridiculous rate at which new content is being released I have lost the ability to stay competitive, unless of course I want to spend mega $$. Of course that investment get's sucked into a black hole quickly as they release even more new content that makes all previous generations absolutely obsolete. Thanks, but I'm limiting my expenditures here now. If the game stabilizes then sure I'll keep spending here. If not, well there are no shortage of options out there...

• Steven282
    Steven282
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 339
    very unsatisfied: i quit and/or only play vega for its cool concept barely twice a month (here for the space people)
    The game still crashes me whenever i go against anything with repears...i dont know why i even followed supports crap and it still didnt work. Honestly im already giving up, just as how support given up on me :P
  • General Howler
    General Howler
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1
    happy: I am (still) a regular coiner and i like the current state of the game

I still love the game, I feel the changes with the ships happens to quick and it's hard to keep up with the tech, with the amount of time I have with the game.

• Old School VC player
    Old School VC player
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 397
    i still log into app a few times a day i used to put money into the app but my wallet is closed for business lol. Ill remain a F2P player the remainder of the games life.
  • The Face Less Man
    The Face Less Man
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 664
    Also since it hasn't been brought up the refit times and build times are broken and need fixed big time. We are looking at build times and refit times that go even past that of previous build times like the original dread builds that took 20 days or so FOR A DREAD!. Now for most new shps it will take 20 or so days or even under that but still it is a painful wait since the tech we use will be no good later on like the new dam agility field that takes 9 days compared to a already fitted 7 day regular agility field. Why would we even need 7 days to fit a field on a ship anyways it seems like over kill at this point.
  • starcrusher
    starcrusher
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 132

It's not that i don't play anymore, just that i refuse to buy any more coin deals while kixeye continues to do everything they can think of to try and force people to"coin a little more" not realizing that if they were making the game enjoyable and player friendly the money would come to them. In the meantime, bugs continue to mount, events are becoming monotonous, build times are stupid, and legions of their customer base are locked out of the game as platform after platform gets dropped from the supported list. Kixeye seems determined to write the definitive book on **** your cash cow.

• cavemmann
    cavemmann
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 128

I coined some but they wont be getting a dime from me ever again

• Coelus
    Coelus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 694
    edited 12 Aug 2017, 3:53PM

Think i chose the wrong option, need one for occasional coiner. I spent a few hundred on the game.

I do still play regularly too. For the most part i get the tech as it comes out, knowing itll likely be many months before i can use it, and it will likely be outdated and really just a waste of time by then. I also still play mostly for the friends i have in game, and because i love the concept, and because i have hope that it can be turned around. It still could with some pretty simple key changes that get asked for on a weekly basis. Not much, but theres hope.

However, after multiple expensive misclicks, day plus repair times, two to three week average build times, and the increasing number of little bugs the developers dont have time to be bothered with, i definitely do not play as i used to.

• lauradoumad
    lauradoumad
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4

We're going to quit I think

• ron ZZ
    ron ZZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 124

happy happy. seems im doing alot better most people, so im happy.

• ron ZZ
    ron ZZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 124

happy happy. seems im doing alot better most people, so im happy.

• bupemko
    bupemko
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 83
    I wouldn't call myself a regular coiner, but I used to buy packs once or twice a year. This is not going to happen anytime soon with the current state / heading of the game (me buying any coins in the future is off the table).
  • jaredfiori
    jaredfiori
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 74
    Want to know why I clicked free to play?

I have only payed $45
    "Make alliances able to hold 500 people so that there aren't 15 branches for some alliances." - Jared 2017
  • arcangel04
    arcangel04
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 242

I like to play the game, but I do not enjoy the way that the game gets treated like a cash cow, rather than the project that it could be...

• mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,117
    It is the same thing.  Month after month after month after month.  Nothing new, unique, or even interesting. 

No longer do we have a real time strategy game, it is a real time spending.  The latest and greatest tech is the only thing worth building.  Keep your base level low so you don't get leveled by the top tier fleets. 

I feel like we are in the washing machine of doom.  We are stuck in a wash, Spin, Rinse cycle with no ending.  Keep building the next tier/faction.  Three years of the same cycle. 

We keep on asking for something different, and all we get is more of the same with reinforce behavioral spending cycles.  What is Kixeye response?  The create a second version of the game just for Chinese players.  Why?  The are the most obedient in this fixed spending cycle. 
    "Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.
  • joolex
    joolex
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 83

I did quit since the  "Paul Preece"  "Skill kills the Game" doctrine, and it went all downhill after that. saw a comment about this on the Unsensored page in Facebook, first time in ages that i have logged in. http://i.imgur.com/YxFbVv0.jpg
    El Pirata
  • Donald Archer55
    Donald Archer55
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 231
    I used to coin every now and then, and even bought a few bundles, but I wouldn't consider myself a coiner, for the most part, I am free to play.
    I used to spend hours playing vega, and loving it. I was around before the grand re-ballance.
    I am now on vega for 15 to 30 minutes, mainly chatting to friends, and flying 1 or 2 fleets, then i log off for the 10 hour repairs.
    Some days, I just log in to collect my coins from the coin module, and update my builds and log out.
    It was more fun when skill could earn you kills with minimal damage, this whole forced damage is killing the game. (in my opinion)
  • Medallas
    Medallas
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 428
    This is a bad poll, MODs plz close this, we all like how this game is progressing and getting better all the time, I think haters just have an agenda to TRY to demoralize new players to get fewer competition. 
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,227

@Medallas said:
    This is a bad poll, MODs plz close this, we all like how this game is progressing and getting better all the time, I think haters just have an agenda to TRY to demoralize new players to get fewer competition. 

This poll is needed to calculate where the community stand in the state of the game so @CM Chris can collect the data that is presented here in forum and review the devs of how to make the game work of not excluding people out but to bring everyone in that cares about the game. If we can get more people to vote in this poll then this will impact the flow of the game of how it should go with the players to be fun then going against players and make it not fun.

@Medallas I don't see your comment hold any value to the matter of the state of the game and if claim that you do then please state of what makes you think that players trying to devalue the game because this poll is a legit honesty and nothing people say to tell other people to leave the game, they are asking like I said before is where do they see themselves when playing Vega.

Tbh, I see myself no longer grinding for new tech or tier due to O.Pness of the game and it's a bit too much to go for it and build it, I was expecting all these new ships will stay in level range of VSec or Vega then Demon Corp or ISC but I guess I was wrong.

Knowing that every new tier that comes out needs to stronger then the other which we know that for a fact that this is how you stay competitive but the question in mind that people may or may not ask themselves is, will these new tiers ship be fun, balance and rewarding when players acquired these tech or will it be punishing long grind to be the tech and at the same time to build it as we try to catch up in game.

These are a few things we and people have in mind when we play the game but for those that coined their ships, was it worth it or not?

Again I do hope the devs take a consideration of slow down but also add new content for low level as well the high level to keep the game balance as possible then focusing mainly for end game content.

Shadow Security Corp