Plz do something about bullying players

Valnura
Valnura
Greenhorn
Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 13
dont you want to do something about bullying players?? and they always pick easy targets, Im not even a match for them but they go after my farming fleets, and they LOVE doing it, thats a big problem with your game
  • rapnyt
    rapnyt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 21

Quit then

• Valnura
    Valnura
    Greenhorn
    rapnyt said:

Quit then

did I mention anything like quitting?? im asking them to prevent bullying in the game
  • Optimus815
    Optimus815
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 393

Valnura stop being a baby that how the game is you can't be that soft to what they say because it is on a game lol

• BabyGroot
    BabyGroot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 410

Ign, planet and sector please. I'll come protect u against the big mean bullies lol

• Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,243

@BabyGroot said:
    Ign, planet and sector please. I'll come protect u against the big mean bullies lol

Sssshhhhh he is a bully too, don't believe him.

Shadow Security Corp

• Khemul
    Khemul
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,436

@Valnura said:
    thats a big problem with your game

How so? Serious question. If you want something changed you're gonna need to come up with a very good answer.

• MoxMax
    MoxMax
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 669
    Valnura said:
    rapnyt said:

Quit then

did I mention anything like quitting?? im asking them to prevent bullying in the game
    It is a war game and bullying happens in most games because many are cowards and like to attack easy prey so they can feel better even though they didn't accomplish anything worthy. Nothing can be done about that.
  • Valnura
    Valnura
    Greenhorn

You can set people to ignore if they are rude. You can port elsewhere every week. You can join an alliance for some protection. There will always be jerks in this game as there are jerks in real life. Mostly they are looking for you to yell at them or cry on comms. They feed on that so dont give it to them. Got to grow big so you can fight back. Wars and pvp are part of this game. If person attacking you is too big you can always hit his cargo fleets or his smaller allies. Good luck and try not to take it personally.

very good answer thank you
    reminder guys: bullying is different from real fight pvp, it means they pick on my farming fleets, not man enough to fight my attacking fleets with their own power size
    you want another warring game that is trying to prevent bullying?? clash of clans, or boom beach, they bring a match making system to find the same power players, but vega conflict? it lets players to bully freely, so dont tell me that this game is a warring game so bullying is expected, bullying is actually abusing the system, picking easier targets just to tease lower lvl players, they actively want to Prevent me from getting the event techs
  • onlyfuzzy
    onlyfuzzy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 162

If you take the long view of a a war, there is basically a couple of ways to win...

1 be better/ more skillful at the game, so that when you do fight you have an edge...

2 (and this is the one all modern militaries use) is to use overwhelming force against your enemy. Ideally you want to only ever engage if you know you have the advantage.

One way to insure your advantage is to deny your enemy some critical infrastructure so that whatever advantage they have is taken away. In this game it means to not let your enemies have access to the same technology as you. This does mean that all battles become lopsided as folks punch down the ladder. It sucks, but the way is to be more strategic in your battles and avoid fights with folks that try to hint you.

As far as bullying is concerned, that's a legit problem, but I think that is a different issue than getting attacked. Navy SEALS rarely announce when or where they will attack, and never with what size force so they can use surprise against an unprepared enemy.

As others have stated above, use the ignore button on abusive folks and jump out of areas that have high level guys killing your farming fleets.

But also, minimize use of global chat, as lots of folks just use that tab as an advertisement for who can get hit. Adopt the mindset of a guerrilla fighter, sneak around and try to accomplish your goal without attracting attention on those who will smash you.

• Good Luck!
  • Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 424
    The game is now all about coins. Start coining like you have unlimited funds to progress quickly and get the new stuff. Skill is no longer required for vega conflict.
  • Rick Feitz
    Rick Feitz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 110

Move to the snowflake sector and everthing will be better

• Stormer-M
    Stormer-M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 500
    edited 6 Aug 2017, 5:30PM
    You picked the wrong game to play if you can't deal with bullies.  It is entirely designed around a bullying mindset.

Use the free sector jumps, join an alliance, be aware and tactical about when and where you deploy your fleets, get stronger.. .you have options besides complaining like a woman :)
  • AirChronic
    AirChronic
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 287
    idea:  some sort of RANSOM system;  for example back when I was an Eve online player a decade ago, if a pirate caught a farmer they would often have a ransom and if paid, let the person go.  kix could have some sort of ransom system where if you get caught and both parties agree, the victim can be "let go" for 50 million Antimatter or something significant
      thoughts?
  • Arrrrr94
    Arrrrr94
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 40
    ways to prevent bullying:
    1) don't upgrade unnecessary items:
    2) build smart and get rid of all the extra stuff that you don't need on your ships
    3) learn the game mechanics what works and what doesn't. check out Civil war
    4) you don't always need the newest tech to win but the best combination
    5) and most importantly stay below level 65
  • EliteRanger
    EliteRanger
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 902

@Don't Speak said:
    The game is now all about coins. Start coining like you have unlimited funds to progress quickly and get the new stuff. Skill is no longer required for vega conflict.

Plus if you coin a lot, then kixeye will listen to you. When it comes to this game, money talks.

• Warshadow_EMP
    Warshadow_EMP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 358

Dear lord tumblr is leaking into the Vega forums.

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,301
    Valnura said:
    dont you want to do something about bullying players?? and they always pick easy targets, Im not even a match for them but they go after my farming fleets, and they LOVE doing it, thats a big problem with your game
    You are the root cause of your issues.... bullies do not find fun unless the player they hit cries and call them bullies. Is not the action of killing your fleets that makes them happy, but are posts like this one that give most ofmthe satisfaction to them
  • ron ZZ
    ron ZZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 139

pvp is an optional in most mmo. no such choice in vega

• badfishbreath
    badfishbreath
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 27

The cut off for bases needs to be level 70.. or people will keep quitting.. game is unbalanced
    We all know this

• xWheathleyx
    xWheathleyx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 42
    Todd7123 said:

@Valnura said:

Change your name (most players don't keep track of id# anymore) never send or respond to a PM those let players track you.
    Don't join a public alliance or a loud mouth private alliance that can't back up what they say. This will get you in a hot spot quite fast.
    Relocate if you become a target. If you can't handle your adversity.
    Never ever never cry in sector coms when you get smashed. Either bring back a new fleet and hit back or do nothing. You can also wait till their off line and go base smashing ( there are ways to find out).
    Imo the best move is to keep bringing fleets till you win or till you are full red you will earn the respect of bully and maybe get a invite to the alliance that is picking on you.

Good luck in the void

Great Advice, i usually have to repeat most of the things on here to people being bullied
  • Warshadow_EMP
    Warshadow_EMP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 358

Dear lord Todd is speaking things I agree with.

Vega is Dooooooommmmeeeeeddddd

• sgpaterson
    sgpaterson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 151
    Valnura said:
    Big players will always bully / pick on lower players. 

And bigger than those players will pick on them,

And... continue to infinitum.

But - bullying, as I would define it - does need addressing. As in the sustained, personal, and abusive attacks against those that may actually be genuinely affected by such. It is indeed rife in this game. And shouldn't be taken lightly if reported for genuine purpose - despite the fact most reports will be malicious.
  • xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111
    Todd7123 said:

@Valnura said:

Change your name (most players don't keep track of id# anymore) never send or respond to a PM those let players track you.
    Don't join a public alliance or a loud mouth private alliance that can't back up what they say. This will get you in a hot spot quite fast.
    Relocate if you become a target. If you can't handle your adversity.
    Never ever never cry in sector coms when you get smashed. Either bring back a new fleet and hit back or do nothing. You can also wait till their off line and go base smashing ( there are ways to find out).
    Imo the best move is to keep bringing fleets till you win or till you are full red you will earn the respect of bully and maybe get a invite to the alliance that is picking on you.

Good luck in the void

Great Advice, i usually have to repeat most of the things on here to people being bullied
    Add observe who is watching your farming battles.  Then if on auto look to see if they are in sector.  Don't let you fleet stay around after a kill get home fast.  If you can, keep quick response fleet available.  Hitting their damaged fleet sends a message.
  • FusspilzDamnation
    FusspilzDamnation
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 284
    Valnura said:

You can set people to ignore if they are rude. You can port elsewhere every week. You can join an alliance for some protection. There will always be jerks in this game as there are jerks in real life. Mostly they are looking for you to yell at them or cry on comms. They feed on that so dont give it to them. Got to grow big so you can fight back. Wars and pvp are part of this game. If person attacking you is too big you can always hit his cargo fleets or his smaller allies. Good luck and try not to take it personally.

very good answer thank you
    reminder guys: bullying is different from real fight pvp, it means they pick on my farming fleets, not man enough to fight my attacking fleets with their own power size
    you want another warring game that is trying to prevent bullying?? clash of clans, or boom beach, they bring a match making system to find the same power players, but vega conflict? it lets players to bully freely, so dont tell me that this game is a warring game so bullying is expected, bullying is actually abusing the system, picking easier targets just to tease lower lvl players, they actively want to Prevent me from getting the event techs
    Sir you cant compare a game like COC with Vega its a completely different system. You aint flying around or go walk outside in clash of clans. PVP is needed there but optional you dont have to engage. In vega you must go out into sectors and planets to hunt down fleets and enemies. PvP is not optional really here. Except you dont want to succeed
    But Vega conflict is a war game (well its listed like that but should be relisted to farmville and stuff) pvp is part of it. No excuses. Bullies indeed are a special kind of jerks... They should be bullied away themself. 
    We are the Forgotten
  • LouisCornelius
    LouisCornelius
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 3
    I know what you mean, but as everyone says, it is a game. We all started at the bottom and had to work our way up through many forms of inadequacies, etc. If the bullying continues, create a solution - maybe relocate, etc. Where there's a way, there's a weapon ;)
  • Wfang71
    Wfang71
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 165
    Valnura said:
    pro-tip 
    build your fleets to serve multi purpose just like us pros do 
    what i mean is that make sure your fleets can both farm and fight 
    this is a war a game so being attacked by others is pretty normal :) 
    I'm just a veteran who wants to pay his rent instead of buy coins XD 
  • T3mplar6
    T3mplar6
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 9

@Warshadow_EMP said:

@Valnura said:
    rapnyt said:

Quit then

Snowflake, bless your heart, but this game ain't got safety pins or safe spaces.

It's a game. If you get triggered over a game, just exit the gene pool please. We need hardier stock.

The purpose of VC is combat; mainly PvP. If you can't handle being attacked once in a while by another player because you're farming, delete the game and play Farmville
    instead.