TLC's: Time Limited Campaigns

• kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,956
    Excellent starting player guide. Please be sure this saved to the Player Guides section of the forums! Thanks MR!
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,075
    Great write up for new players on a side note two things Id like to see
    1. Damage needs to go down not up on returns of TLC's as time progresses these should be easier to obtain the necessary tech not harder.
    2. I'd love to see a write up on auras. There are some things that are REALLY confusing people right now
    Very good point D-n-H.

Why should those that couldn't complete the TLC the first time, be punished the next time it comes around ?
  • Marcos_M7
    Marcos_M7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 44
    lol, kix so greedy, they got no clue how bad it is till the quarter ends lol haven tsone nor tried a tlc n over 10 months, an yes due to the damage being insane an our hulls obeslete. inda like our base. oh well thats their style i guess. i will admit it does have the really good tech/stuff,  but **** kix trying way way too hard for that money lmao. more power to any of all, no crying when this game discontinues hehhehe
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 10,979
       from skyfire tlc level 1 lol just started and almost 3 hrs in repairs lol , dont say to me later kixeye offered the skyfires lol please reduce the  insane damage of the tlcs 

Learn to drive. I took a week long break from the game and didnt even open it until tonight. I dont like how my phoenix are coming along but like teh skyfire better and semi rushing through this campaign. 

Took not even 1 full coin of damage until i crashed and my monos autoed part of the target. 

Git gud.
    Life is too short not to have fun playing games. Best of luck to all.

Officially retired 11/11/17
  • BereanHeart
    BereanHeart
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 24
    Rampage. Thank you for even something this basic. New players want information. You are giving us information.

Just wish a Wiki could be established as a concise source of information for new players. Difficult for even we experienced players to find info on things we need to know.
  • TheGazbeard
    TheGazbeard
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,106
    xwolf1 said:
       from skyfire tlc level 1 lol just started and almost 3 hrs in repairs lol , dont say to me later kixeye offered the skyfires lol please reduce the  insane damage of the tlcs 

Learn to drive. I took a week long break from the game and didnt even open it until tonight. I dont like how my phoenix are coming along but like teh skyfire better and semi rushing through this campaign. 

Took not even 1 full coin of damage until i crashed and my monos autoed part of the target. 

Git gud.
    xwolf - it's all fine and dandy saying that about level 1 of skyfire, but wait until you get into target 7 of PP3 ... those Arc missiles are on steroids - One hit took a full health zelos down despite 2 charged M and 2 charged X armour on it.  That Arc also dodged all the anti fire from 4 x Phal IV and 4 x Trident, plus the 4 x Phal IV on the trailing Monos.

Luckily I have video of it happening 3 times in that last target (yeah I coined the repairs - go figure) and will submit it to Kixeye once I have a chance to trim it down to the relevant bits.
    In a game like BP the hardest targets should be other players, not the AI targets!
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4,941
    xwolf1 said:

Git gud.
    xwolf - it's all fine and dandy saying that about level 1 of skyfire, but wait until you get into target 7 of PP3 ... those Arc missiles are on steroids - One hit took a full health zelos down despite 2 charged M and 2 charged X armour on it.  That Arc also dodged all the anti fire from 4 x Phal IV and 4 x Trident, plus the 4 x Phal IV on the trailing Monos.

Luckily I have video of it happening 3 times in that last target (yeah I coined the repairs - go figure) and will submit it to Kixeye once I have a chance to trim it down to the relevant bits.
    Keep fighting the power Gary. You'll get there some day.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • randall.baker.967
    randall.baker.967
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 7
    I am pissed that with only 3 hours left in TWO TLCs you decide to do your "Updates"...    Why can't you just wait the three hours to do them??     Some of us need every last minute to get them done...      Your "time management" is nOT conducive to players trying to finish the TLCs...  regardless of how much they coin...
  • SoggyMango
    SoggyMango
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 131
    Too many times now I have seen re-runs of TLCs where the format has been changed/altered and not for the better only to make it harder. The damage output is ramped up to the point of being ridiculous. Yet the prizes for the TLC are rapidly becoming old tech. Its got to the point if you did not get it first time round you might as well write it off because it will not be worth doing the TLC in question when it re-appears as the cost is likely to be super inflationary. You can't miss what you've never had.
    But thank you for telling us how to use the game icons to how to start/engage in a TLC.
    I agree with Damnation-n-Hellfire's comment.
    You are entitled to your opinion just not entitled to give it
  • AlexTheGreat81
    AlexTheGreat81
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 105

I agree with you friend. At times the damage it's ridiculous. How about getting my ships altered as well so we can even out the playing field?

• mario.hughes.58
    mario.hughes.58
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 4
    We do appreciate kixeye letting us do these camp over again but it is not nice to know that some how the damages are a bit higher from last time. i am doing the End game second time around and the damages seem to have gone up on my $300.00 dollar built Phoenix. Please try and leave it alone the way it was if your going to offer it the second time. ya'll have to remember we play for and i just came back from a one year break and now i feel like i am getting screwed again. Its really a shame that this game is becoming more of a money pit for everyone. just like having a boat your glad you have it but at same time when you get rid of it your problem is solve. This Company needs to understand that this game is not just about coins and let us have fun and we as in us players don't feel bad for spending so much on this game. 
  • AlexTheGreat81
    AlexTheGreat81
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 105

The damage increase shouldn't be allow. Like in Plunder TLC while I was using Tides I got some outrageous damage. No way to over come with skills unless you use coins. The difficulty on a task should come over skills rather than who hits harder. My tides don't get the tune that targets do get. Tuning a target to make more damage to a specific type of fleet that does a type of campaign should also receive the same benefit. If you design a fleet to do this target and later on receives a crazy amount of damage while doing the same target should be consider cheating.

• kargan33
    kargan33
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 12
    i try each tlc once if i get killed in the first try without killing anything i just dont do it i rather put my coin to something better and cheeper not worth having every fleet sink and wait 2 days for repairs on them all i would rather play the game longer than play 1 hr and not able to do anything else.they either take damage down on the tlcs or lose the smaller guys willing to spend a coin or 2 every time they hit a part in tlc you make more money having everyone spend 1 gold than 5 guys spending 100 gold.
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    kargan33 said:
    i try each tlc once if i get killed in the first try without killing anything i just dont do it i rather put my coin to something better and cheeper not worth having every fleet sink and wait 2 days for repairs on them all i would rather play the game longer than play 1 hr and not able to do anything else.they either take damage down on the tlcs or lose the smaller guys willing to spend a coin or 2 every time they hit a part in tlc you make more money having everyone spend 1 gold than 5 guys spending 100 gold.
    Or you could use the proper fleets for the tlc. 

• mstary1
    mstary1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,595
    Well thought i'd better get a move on and do pp2 and 3 of skyfire .... holy hell!
    I thought folks were joking about the increased damage. 
    What a friggin joke!
    Space Invaders elite player.
  • Chief Raincloud
    Chief Raincloud
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 2
    Campaigns are a joke on us all unless your the in the top 5% of players that have everything to compete.  We just can't do them with what we have.  No amount of coin is going to change that so we just don't play which means no revenue except from the upper level players...
  • Bow_Hunter1
    Bow_Hunter1
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 2
    Why is recommenced hull now a mandatory hull for the new TLCs for lvl 50 up?  Being new to the game and not having the awesome conquer hulls to compete with and seeing them in the TLCs to only be told I can't complete them based on the fact I don't have conquer hulls to finish part 4! It's like a tease tease to me now.  Ugg rant over now
  • jagdkrieger
    jagdkrieger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 318
    Why is recommenced hull now a mandatory hull for the new TLCs for lvl 50 up?  Being new to the game and not having the awesome conquer hulls to compete with and seeing them in the TLCs to only be told I can't complete them based on the fact I don't have conquer hulls to finish part 4! It's like a tease tease to me now.  Ugg rant over now
    Believe me even if you have conqueror hulls you will be saddened to find what awaits you in part 4. I just came back so i dont have all the best stuff. Hell i fully acknowledge my conquerors are garbages but i'm working at it. This isn't the point. part 4 literally requires high end tech almost to make it in the front. door. I've tried the 3 types of hulls i have. And they melt... They dont even make it half way down the canal. It's honestly ridiculous

• xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@Bow_Hunter1 said:

It's opened at level 50 because in the past the small percentage of players who were around level 50 and got spoonfed the tech in many cases could do the tlc and they constantly bitched and complained for mix to lower the level restriction on it. So eventually kix did.

• jagdkrieger
    jagdkrieger
    Skilled Warrior
    xwolf1 said:

@Bow_Hunter1 said:

It's opened at level 50 because in the past the small percentage of players who were around level 50 and got spoonfed the tech in many cases could do the tlc and they constantly bitched and complained for mix to lower the level restriction on it. So eventually kix did.

Yeah and i think thats garbage. Thats fine theres level 50s with top tier stuff to do these because they have groups willing to hand them everything. But honestly TLCs shouldn't be next to impossible if your just looking to even get pp2 just to get some **** tokens for your buildings or ships. The base in pp2 mission 4 is so hard if you dont have libs theres almost no point. Prides maybe but my prides are incomplete i dont have ruins on them which i desperately need. But i couldn't get ruins because i had to grind out what little i got from the raid phoenixs were introduced on my own. With a little coin i got 53 million points after just getting back into the game after leaving sometime around 2013.  Like all i wanted was tokens and i will fully acknowledge that my Retributions, Prides and Malices are garbage because i lack the tech after having been gone so long. But theres no conceivable way for me to do pp2 mission 4 even if i had unlimited coins i couldn't do that mission in the time frame, and I'm not asking to be handed stuff, but it feel like if my ships at least didn't melt and i maybe had a fair shot at getting oppressors i would mind maybe coining a little to push through and get them but i can tell right away thats not even remotely possible with TLC endgame. I might be able to do TLC plunder since i have HTide but i dont know. Because i sent a regular tide in and that basically just melted.
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    xwolf1 said:

@Bow_Hunter1 said:

Yeah and i think thats garbage. Thats fine theres level 50s with top tier stuff to do these because they have groups willing to hand them everything. But honestly TLCs shouldn't be next to impossible if your just looking to even get pp2 just to get some **** tokens for your buildings or ships. The base in pp2 mission 4 is so hard if you dont have libs theres almost no point. Prides maybe but my prides are incomplete i dont have ruins on them which i desperately need. But i couldn't get ruins because i had to grind out what little i got from the raid phoenixs were introduced on my own. With a little coin i got 53 million points after just getting back into the game after leaving sometime around 2013.  Like all i wanted was tokens and i will fully acknowledge that my Retributions, Prides and Malices are garbage because i lack the tech after having been gone so long. But theres no conceivable way for me to do pp2 mission 4 even if i had unlimited coins i couldn't do that mission in the time frame, and I'm not asking to be handed stuff, but it feel like if my ships at least didn't melt and i maybe had a fair shot at getting oppressors i would mind maybe coining a little to push through and get them but i can tell right away thats not even remotely possible with TLC endgame. I might be able to do TLC plunder since i have HTide but i dont know. Because i sent a regular tide in and that basically just melted.
    Dont need pride. Dont need libs. Just need to know how to build ships and drive them and you can do the tlc. Malices can easily survive long enough to reach the end of the channel and clear the maxims and then it becomes easy.

• jagdkrieger
    jagdkrieger
    Skilled Warrior
    xwolf1 said:
    xwolf1 said:

@Bow_Hunter1 said:

Dont need pride. Dont need libs. Just need to know how to build ships and drive them and you can do the tlc. Malices can easily survive long enough to reach the end of the channel and clear the maxims and then it becomes easy.

Can you test if they still work now? Also do you mind giving me your build for yours? 
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@jagdkrieger said:
    xwolf1 said:

jagdkrieger said:

xwolf1 said:

@Bow_Hunter1 said:

Can you test if they still work now? Also do you mind giving me your build for yours? 

Builds shown in the vid. I can test in about an hour. Armor for the tlc should be war playing not what I have however. I built them for hitting bases before this tlc came out.

• xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@jagdkrieger said:
    xwolf1 said:

jagdkrieger said:

xwolf1 said:

@Bow_Hunter1 said:

It does still work but you definitely need a pinch. Makes the biggest difference.

• scott.tandlye
    scott.tandlye
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 51
    how about cutting down the repair time it sucks cant do everything out there. 
  • kenneth tyler
    kenneth tyler
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 19
    there are to many campaigns with to high of damage and I don't like raid every month with no time to build fleets and you make FM targets to hard too . STOP trying to take all our money and let us enjoy the game some , Kixeye you need to slow down some or alot of players will stop playing . Think about this you need lower lvl player cause if they stop playing then the higher lvl will not have any targets to pick on like they do . You all need to stop and take a good look at the game and rethink it . lower lvls can't take the damage like others can .HOW MANY PLAYERS HAVE STOP PLAYING THE GAME SINCE THE TAKE OVER BY NEW MANGEMENT ?  

• CaptainWho-CW or doc
    CaptainWho-CW or doc
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 301
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 12:49AM
    How about some alternate Conquerer TLC's this weekend? so we can go after some hulls for the base levels the next time the rival TLC are released
    I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
  • jagdkrieger
    jagdkrieger
    Skilled Warrior
    xwolf1 said:

@jagdkrieger said:
    xwolf1 said:

jagdkrieger said:

xwolf1 said:

@Bow_Hunter1 said:

Builds shown in the vid. I can test in about an hour. Armor for the tlc should be war playing not what I have however. I built them for hitting bases before this tlc came out.

Actually your build for your malices isn't shown in your video. Just the assault fleet, but i already have a kick **** assault fleet. I have skyfire carriers a full set

• xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@jagdkrieger said:
    xwolf1 said:

@jagdkrieger said:

xwolf1 said:

jagdkrieger said:

xwolf1 said:

@Bow_Hunter1 said:

It's opened at level 50 because in the past the small percentage of players who were around level 50 and got spoonfed the tech in many cases could do the tlc  and they constantly bitched and complained for mix to lower the level restriction on it. So eventually kix did.

Actually your build for your malices isn't shown in your video. Just the assault fleet, but i already have a kick **** assault fleet. I have skyfire carriers a full set

For the malice i used nuc accel with a reaver chain 1 for low weight (was built last year). Speed 5, agility 3. The antimort one had flcm.

For armor war plating is very helpful.

The build is not as important especially because as I said earlier THESE WERE NOT BUILT FOR TLC.
    You need good speed, turret defense and some stun resist. Obviously if you built hours to be offensive then the rest of the specials should match that. War plating would be the best armor.