TLC's: Time Limited Campaigns

CM Major_Rampage
CM Major_Rampage
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 600
edited 28 Jul 2017, 6:26PM

Hello Captains,

I would like to present some information about how our Time Limited Campaigns (TLC’s) work.  TLC’s are campaigns that run for a limited amount of time, hence the name.  You will find them announced in the weekly update thread of the forums if there is a TLC this week.  

TLC’s are an excellent way for you to gain new technology. Completing a campaign awards a prize package when completed. Most successive play throughs on a given campaign will increase in difficulty, grant less time to complete the objectives, and award a different prize package. Each campaign will feature a few different prize packages, and become "Completed" and locked out once all prizes have been attained. While some prizes are completely new, others have been re-offered from event prize pools and added as campaign rewards. Players can access the Campaigns system from the button located at the top right of the game screen, as shown below:

Upon clicking this button, you will see the main Campaign window:

Here you can read a brief description of each campaign, review which technologies are available in the associated Prize Packs, and activate whichever Campaigns they would like.  You can identity the TLCs from other campaigns by the red clock icon to the left of the Campaign Name. You may only have 3 Campaigns active at any given time, though there is no limit to how many can be attempted beyond that.

Please note that TLCs have an end time listed in Weekly Update thread.  If you start a campaign and the TLC expires while you are running it,  you will not receive the reward.

Once you have activated a campaign you gain access to it from the beacon that will appear outside your base:

Once you click the beacon you will see additional information about the campaign.  You will be able to see suggestions of what fleet to bring,  what the next prize pack you will unlock is, as well as your Encounter Progress.

Now captains you have completed your briefing on TLC’s get out there on the high seas and collect those prize packs!

If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
Not sure about the rules
I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
Twitter:  @Major_Rampage
Facebook:  Major Rampage
  • Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 150
    Theres always some DEBBIE downer around, LOL
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 15,094
       from skyfire tlc level 1 lol just started and almost 3 hrs in repairs lol , dont say to me later kixeye offered the skyfires lol please reduce the  insane damage of the tlcs 

Ranking the Monos would make a huge difference.
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,083
    Laredo said:
       from skyfire tlc level 1 lol just started and almost 3 hrs in repairs lol , dont say to me later kixeye offered the skyfires lol please reduce the  insane damage of the tlcs 

It might make a small difference compared to where they are ranked now. Probably not noticeable. Looks like he had a driving mishap, otherwise this is about what I get with NO charged armor.  Another Mono would then make a huge difference.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 817
    Nice job writing this. Now, please write an article about defense/deflection. Questions about deflection bypass, and %resist pop up all the time and most of the official answers are floating around as random comments, which are super hard to find.

Also make sure to talk about stun resist and splash reduction, because the community is still quite divided on the issue of how it's calculated.

Thanks in advance.
  • OmgItsKyle
    OmgItsKyle
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 25
    The guy is new cut him some slack ffs
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 497
    Laredo said:

lowering insane damage would be even better , if game now is based on charged armor , well its time to make it available for all , if you want coins make the game fun again , its just pure damage no fun on that

I'm on prize pack 3 and spent one coin. I would suggest one M and one X charged armor for your tank and one X armor for each ship. Yea it kinda stinks you need it but yes you need it. Once you get past the first couple levels you can do it just like the RAID and outrange the turrets. Look for areas where you can splash the target not head on, like torpedo towers and splash the turrets. Once you learn the patterns it's not so bad. Oh and BTW I'm almost 60 years old so if an old man can do it you should be able to as well.
    as i said you need charged armor and if you are lucky you dont have lag if not lag is another game killer , insane damage plus lag is a killer 
    DarKCloWn
  • GOOD JOB !!!! ALTHO I DIDNT NEED THE BREIFING THERE ARE NEW PLAYERSTHAT DO , DONT LET THE TROLLS GET U DOWN , 
  • leonvdburgh
    leonvdburgh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 541
    Thanks for your base name. looking forward to your level 50.
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,220
    Damage is up across the board, and the 1 hr TLC's are designed to be coin fests.   Like they don't think after hitting 100's of Garrison targets that it isn't easy to figure out.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • The Kozzie
    The Kozzie
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,233
    Thanks for your base name. looking forward to your level 50.
    You big, tough pirate you.
    Those that can - do.  Those that can't - scream hacker, coiner and anything else that takes their fancy.
  • Lewis Hulatt
    Lewis Hulatt
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 44
    I had a gridiron mono fleet 'evaporate' doing the TLC - in th eadapted 113 round - and due to some other problems too, ran out of time (again).   I am now convinced that some of these bugs may not be entirely accidental - I was ahead of the curve having used IBs with GM crew for the early rounds - something like 48 mins available for the last 3 rounds - and having switched to a gridiron mono fleet (my zelos also instantly went up in smoke for some reason in the round after) - I should have had plenty of time to complete the campaign.   However - having ships do strange things or instantly die in PvE rounds I have done before is suspicious: the prize should considerably exceed the repair cost compared to buying tokens and somehow, I do not seem to get the tokens despite patience, determination and repairs to reasonable builds.  Nah - something is wrong.
  • wims
    wims
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 76
    Typhoons said:

For crying out loud....at least rampage is taking the time to share some info and tips pertinent to the game,and especially new comers.

I do like what he  is doing, but it would be nice if he closed the topic so there would be no comments from all that knows everything better.
    Everything working as intented.
    Schattig Sexy Grappig Knap Zoet Disney Cartoons & strips Oerknal Pinokkio Gd Gdragon Diseny animatie GIF
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 497
    wims said:
    Typhoons said:

For crying out loud....at least rampage is taking the time to share some info and tips pertinent to the game,and especially new comers.

I do like what he  is doing, but it would be nice if he closed the topic so there would be no comments from all that knows everything better.
    theres no new comers kixeye is making a job at it and losing lots of old players and why close comments , they dont want to hear us , closing your ears to customers is a doom business , so if he let us comment , he can have an idea of the game problems and maybe he can fix them , but i doubt it because at the end kixeye do whatever they want.
    DarKCloWn
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,220
    Typhoons said:

So did Rooster when he first started
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,552
    I don't see a problem with MR posting stuff like this. But i do think its reasonable to think that if they don't know how to activate a TLC they probably don't have the fleets to participate. One of the first things people learn is to activate regular campaigns - and the difference is, or at least should be, obvious.

I think there should be a thread explaining that just because you activate a TLC and have the a ship or two of the required class, or even the bare minimum fleet, the TLC is not supposed to be easy. From some, it will be - for others not so much, while others will cry "IMPOSSIBLE." Too many players are consumed with the now, when success comes from preparing for tomorrow

How many complaints does it take ?
    My dad used to say; Ask a girl if she will sleep with you for 1 million dollars. If she says yes, ask if she will sleep with your for $1. She will most likely be insulted, but you've established that this girl has a price and now its just a matter of negotiating.  
    We've established that nothing Kix says or does is set in stone, there is no trust and no respect - now its just a matter of negotiating.  
  • Thorninuraxx
    Thorninuraxx
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 14
    After a few tries this week, and all the previous TLC's.  One word for kix.  NO.  keep it.  all.  There is absolutely no reason to have that damage set so high on the first incursions to the set.  You can set that damage however you want.  But its my choice to play it,  I choose not to.  So no revenue for kix at all from me.  High damage in the last targets of a set are expected. but not the first.