how do you defend against a herald?

Frank_Castle
Frank_Castle
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 40
every time i see one in my base it seems like nothing shoots at it?
Frank Castle
  • Greg_P53
    Greg_P53
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 160
    units such as hades or seekers hit herald
  • JackHammer112
    JackHammer112
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 440

Units/Turrets that hit air only will hit the Herald....
    WC - Level 44 -  Nickname - JackHammer
  • Bouncer96
    Bouncer96
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 115
    Did you ask what units to use to defend or how to defend? I imagine you have figured out that only dedicated air units hit the herald,To defend honestly is usually not possible unless you have alot of hades and seekers.I use 6 of each and adra.If your base is strong enough fill it with hades and seekers.My hades and seekers are lvl 12 and even 6 of each takes a little while to kill the herald.Online will be easier but it is a very strong unit.I dont think it matters what turrets you have ,mine are max level turrets and lvl 13-14 platforms and it does not seem to make much a difference.

You can run, but you will die trying.
  • Doggone Devious
    Doggone Devious
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 423
    Many folks have spread their base out to max the time it takes for the slow moving herald to get to them all. Removing things from around your air defense platforms that the herald can target buys time. Really, there isnt a perfect defense against the herald but in fact doing as much damage to the herald as possible.  
  • Eric Carlton
    Eric Carlton
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 5

@Frank_Castle said:

Only the Hades can take it out

• Frank_Castle
    Frank_Castle
    Potential Threat

Bouncer96 said:

Did you ask what units to use to defend or how to defend? I imagine you have figured out that only dedicated air units hit the herald,To defend honestly is usually not possible unless you have alot of hades and seekers.I use 6 of each and adra.If your base is strong enough fill it with hades and seekers.My hades and seekers are lvl 12 and even 6 of each takes a little while to kill the herald.Online will be easier but it is a very strong unit.I dont think it matters what turrets you have ,mine are max level turrets and lvl 13-14 platforms and it does not seem to make much a difference.

Bouncer96 said:

Bouncer96 said:

Units/Turrets that hit air only will hit the Herald....

Many folks have spread their base out to max the time it takes for the slow moving herald to get to them all. Removing things from around your air defense platforms that the herald can target buys time. Really, there isnt a perfect defense against the herald but in fact doing as much damage to the herald as possible.  

Bouncer96 said:

Frank Castle
  • RonHarvey
    RonHarvey
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 91
    my base is just attack by one of those and the only thing i can do is sit and watch my base getting destroyd. So now i,m asking my selve what is he use going any further with this game  when you doesn,t stand an chance .why does kixeye do something like this when this game is already expensive. 
  • Frank_Castle
    Frank_Castle
    Potential Threat
    thank  you everyone , i like the time thing it is very slow hard to get everything spread out

Frank Castle
  • Endor
    Endor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 660
    RonHarvey said:
    my base is just attack by one of those and the only thing i can do is sit and watch my base getting destroyd. So now i,m asking my selve what is he use going any further with this game  when you doesn,t stand an chance .why does kixeye do something like this when this game is already expensive. 
    This game doesn't need to be expensive.  It's free, unless you really feel the need to pay. And the game has always been like this -- some fancy new toy comes out that can smash most bases by itself, everyone gets annoyed.  Then people either figure out how to counter it, or kixeye releases a new unit the next month that counters it.  
  • sentinel0718
    sentinel0718
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 146
    Well said everyone. As for me, I am only able to take down a herald attack when I am online. And yes, hades has been the most effective in defeating it. 
  • audirs5
    audirs5
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 54
    you need about 8 hades in base an max em out with training tokens should be alright then
  • Frank_Castle
    Frank_Castle
    Potential Threat
    ya i will have about that many in about 3 years
    Frank Castle
  • EF-KIWI BRO
    EF-KIWI BRO
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1
    that is so true Frank, lol
  • sooner4life
    sooner4life
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 26
    Change your heavy turrets to hunter missiles and add hades and seekers as your base defenders. I would also make sure all your platforms airborne cause if they are not, they will be easy targets for the herald. 

• Bouncer96
    Bouncer96
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 115
    Heasooner4life said:
    Change your heavy turrets to hunter missiles and add hades and seekers as your base defenders. I would also make sure all your platforms airborne cause if they are not, they will be easy targets for the herald. 

Harald  can now hit floaters and if you add all AA then a ojuggy will come in clean up with no damage.Ha ba dat??

You can run, but you will die trying.
  • Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 860
    Bouncer96 said:
    Heasooner4life said:

Harald  can now hit floaters and if you add all AA then a ojuggy will come in clean up with no damage.Ha ba dat??

there is no point defending base right now
  • josephjay1990
    josephjay1990
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 9
    If your not online when the attack starts not much u can do . Need hades and seekers weak players that see those in base no hit because they think herald is King . Just hold on fixeye about put out something that will change that u can count on that
  • PhilthyPhil8
    PhilthyPhil8
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 112
    edited 20 Aug 2017, 4:28AM
    When I use my elite nuke tank with elite herald defense is not possible  but check this 
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,600
    HERALD is a high altitude unit. this means that anything that can shoot ground will NOT hit the herald. Try using Hades in your base. Normally when I am offline I put a few hades and they do some serious damage to the herald.
    I am a KIXEYE Moderator but NOT a KIXEYE Employee. I am
    simply a player just like everyone of you all. Please keep your comments
    constructive, on point, and without violating the TOS or rules of the forums.
    For a list of some of the things not tolerated on this post,
    please review the community forum rules which can be found at this link. www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
    To send a support ticket, please visit this link. https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,408
    well a few tips  this may not outright kill 1 offline but it migt scar it 1 spend out your base this keeps the hearld from outright useing splash to kill everything 2 upgrade platforms the higher lv  even the hearld has a dps limit  the longer it has to take to kill something the more its under fire 3 switch to 2-3 hunters and 4-5 aa turrets this will get it under fire from alot of stuff 4 empty your base of reso and troops when going offline if you are anoncoiner and are in a warzone this will save you on repair time and  give them a hellow victory due to not haveing spend more reso then what they gained 5 for online have 1-3 hades seekers or temps  and what other tank like phinx and what not  use the anti air tanks to hit and run vs the hearld even that air even upgraded to omega can move so fast and the other units in your base (bunker troops as well ) shood be used to take out his other units and air  to make him do mistakes in the fight if he starts loseing his hearld  you still might get a dome but still a hellow victory if he has to spend 3x more coin or repair time then what he wanted 
  • Sarkis 2
    Sarkis 2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 587
    if online use hit and run way + hades and expert tempest or seekers
    use hellhound to hit and run or any fast unit
    RFT admin

• PhilthyPhil8
    PhilthyPhil8
    Minor Nuisance
    k1ller Yt said:
    if online use hit and run way + hades and expert tempest or seekers
    use hellhound to hit and run or any fast unit
    Hell hound does not work at all not dedicated
  • PhilthyPhil8
    PhilthyPhil8
    Minor Nuisance
    ACHILLES GS  DESTROYS UNIQUES, SO WHAT ABOUT HERALD??? HERALD TOO IS A UNIQUE !!!  KIXEYE HAS TO BE FAIR HERE !!!  http://warcommander.wikia.com/wiki/Achilles_GS_Rocket
  • Frank_Castle
    Frank_Castle
    Potential Threat
    ACHILLES GS  DESTROYS UNIQUES, SO WHAT ABOUT HERALD??? HERALD TOO IS A UNIQUE !!!  KIXEYE HAS TO BE FAIR HERE !!!  http://warcommander.wikia.com/wiki/Achilles_GS_Rocket

HERALD is a high altitude unit. this means that anything that can shoot ground will NOT hit the herald. Try using Hades in your base. Normally when I am offline I put a few hades and they do some serious damage to the herald.

tle said:
    you did not know that kixeye is the biggest cheater in the game?
    Frank Castle
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,042
    The best options for Herald defense at the current state of the game are to have any of following in your base. However, it's highly unlikely that you will kill the Herald but you would at least be able to hurt it.
    • Hunter Missile Turret
    • Hades (Corpus)
    • Seeker (Sentinels)
    All other options won't be able to truly hurt the Herald at the current state of the game.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • Frank_Castle
    Frank_Castle
    Potential Threat
    about 20 stingers placed just right has the constant  bite . Everything has to be the same space from another spred out all over
    Frank Castle