Invisible or Cloaked Attacking Units

thirdpaclugh
thirdpaclugh
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 51
OK. My base was attacked by a player and I intercepted his attacking platoon only to find nothing was there. I deployed several different air units as well as ground units but they only stayed in place and did not search for the attacking unit(s). I had Rubi activated. Is there any defense against this. Is this something that is possible within the parameters of the game 'rules'? OR should I be reporting a hacker or cheater?

• Matthew Cole
    Matthew Cole
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 8
    It's likely it was a cloaked unit unless the platoon also said "dead platoon".  Rubi won't target cloaked units until they're uncloaked.  In those situations, I either hold the toon or spread out my air in a line quickly and attack the other side of the screen.  They'll sweep most of the map, which will uncover the cloaked unit.  Just got to be careful incase it's sarkis, as he can mess up some of your air units.
  • ColinXYZ
    ColinXYZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 166
    most times the cloaked units are in the centre run an erm towards the centre they will uncloak & attack it. another reason to add erms to a platoon.. 
  • thirdpaclugh
    thirdpaclugh
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 51

ColinXYZ said:

most times the cloaked units are in the centre run an erm towards the centre they will uncloak & attack it. another reason to add erms to a platoon.. 

ColinXYZ, thank you for your advice. I will have to try it if it happens again in future. On a different note, are you the same Collin who was in sector 144 a while back, maybe as long as a year? If so, hi! I remember helping you with bases and resources then.